The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Byrne Retires

4 posters

Go down

Lee Byrne Retires Empty Lee Byrne Retires

Post by offload Fri 24 Apr 2015, 12:23 pm

Not going to recover from his shoulder injury so announced his retirement. Pity as I think he could have done a job at the Dragons for another season or two. I think he was a very good fullback, probably at his best during the 08 grand slam - shame he only made a few appearances this season. Good luck to him.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Lee Byrne Retires Empty Re: Lee Byrne Retires

Post by Notch Sat 25 Apr 2015, 11:14 am

Always thought he was a real quality player- unlucky not to win many more caps after his move to France.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:40 am

Fine player on the Lions tour in 2009. Agree with Notch. There was a period where he was still showing great form in France and probably should have earned more caps.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Apr 2015, 10:28 am

Never liked seeing him show up at International. Dangerous player. Like most top Welsh players, he had an innate alertness that didn't allow opponents to rest or lose concentration at any time during an 80 minute game.

Listening to him being interviewed over the weekend, seems a different personality to the one I imagined. Quieter than I expected. Wish him well in whatever he now chooses to do with the rest of his life.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down