The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dario Argento vs John Carpenter .............

2 posters

Go down

Dario Argento vs John Carpenter ............. Empty Dario Argento vs John Carpenter .............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:36 pm

Two of the greatest horror/thriller Directors of alltime..............Who were the bollox before they went more mainstream and chased the buck......Certainly have plenty of work from both of these guys in my collection.......Anyway here goes....

1. Suspiria ..........A
2. The Thing.........C
3. Profondo Rossi...A
4. Halloween.........C
5. Assault on Precinct 13......C
6. The Fog......................C
7. The Bird with the crystal plummage........A
8. Escape from New York............C
9. Phenomena...............A
10. Tenebre....................A
11. Demons 2.................A
12. Village of the Damned............C
13. Prince of Darkness............C
14. Opera.....................A
15. Cat o Nine tails.........A

the Italian just shades it for me..............But anybody interested in the genre and quality be sure to check some of these titles out..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Dario Argento vs John Carpenter ............. Empty Re: Dario Argento vs John Carpenter .............

Post by Adam D Sun 26 Apr 2015, 1:47 pm

When I first read this I thought you were insane and totally biased towards argento- then I realised how they were initial and not your grades for each film Laugh

I've seen a few argentos but for me carpenter is still the king of stylised horror. Both have been copied but none have been surpassed in their prime.

Halloween still to this day holds up as one of the greatest slasher/ horror films ever.

I seem to recall it was filmed as the "babysitter killer" and just happened to be set on Halloween before they shot additional footage to tie it in. The studio screenings were a flop until john added his iconic soundtrack.

As you can see, I love and know about the film like the back off hand!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Dario Argento vs John Carpenter ............. Empty Re: Dario Argento vs John Carpenter .............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 5:10 pm

What did you think of the Prince of Darkness..........

Thought it was a good idea but the production values were horrible...

Missed opportunity..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 28 Apr 2015, 8:37 am

Its one of the few that I havent seen Truss. I enjoyed the Mouth of Madness (possibly his last good film).

If you had to name the best three films by any director, I think that the Fog, Halloween and The Thing are about as good a selection out there (certainly within the horror genre and possibly outwith too). Actually, I will start a thread on it!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down