The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling moments that have made you cry/tear up.

+4
Brady12
Kay Fabe
AberdeenSteve
greggschickenbake
8 posters

Go down

Wrestling moments that have made you cry/tear up. Empty Wrestling moments that have made you cry/tear up.

Post by greggschickenbake Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 am

During the time you have watched wrestling, has there been a moment where you have welled up and felt the emotion that the wrestlers and fans have felt in the arena?

I'm not ashamed to admit that the Guerrero and Benoit embrace at the end of Wrestlemania XX brought a tear to my eye and even more so now considering the eventual outcome of both of their lives.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Wrestling moments that have made you cry/tear up. Empty Re: Wrestling moments that have made you cry/tear up.

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue May 31, 2011 7:25 am

There have been a few that I have like that before.

Most recently being the retirement of Edge. I have grown up watching him from a brilliant tag champion to brilliant world champion. He is several of my all time favourite matches so seeing him go was very sad.

Like you I was also very moved by the Benoit/Guerrero moment. I have always been a huge Benoit fan and to see him win the big one was brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYN9akZIndU

Last edited by AberdeenSteve on Tue May 31, 2011 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Wrestling moments that have made you cry/tear up. Empty Re: Wrestling moments that have made you cry/tear up.

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 8:13 am

The raw after 9/11 and the raw after eddies death

The video tributes from the superstars really hit ya hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 am

RAW is Owen was bad

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue May 31, 2011 8:34 am

Good thread!

You can put this into 2 categories for me.

Events that have genuinely made me upset...

Obviously events after Wrestlers deaths.
Shawn Michaels retirement speech

Then events that I've felt happy & had a real lump in my throat

Savage & Elizabeth Mania 7
Christian wins world title

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue May 31, 2011 9:01 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_o-VXUJNF0&feature=related

Eddie Guerrero Tribute. Don't watch if you tend to cry easy.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue May 31, 2011 9:22 am

The most recent would be Edge's retirement. I must admit, it was more shock than anything, but it wasnt until they put together that montage and added "When You're Young" by 3 Doors Down as the track, that it hit home, and the tears were of sadness.

The video: https://youtu.be/vEMVbUYAgHk

But the only other thing that really upset me was the news of Eddie Guerrero's death. He was by far my favourite wrestler at that point in time, and I wore all my Eddie G shirts that week as a mark of respect! But this video is a great tribute to him I feel:

The video: https://youtu.be/FDTo-ePQRDA
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue May 31, 2011 8:22 pm

For me it was HBK after the match at WM26 and watching him in the ring and the Undertaker help him up it made me cry. I think the emotion everyone in the arena was just so emotional and even his speech on the following night on Raw had me welling up. Such brutal heart felt honest words.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue May 31, 2011 10:03 pm

I echo legendkillar, the Shawn Michaels retirement match was a choker for me.

Also his match with Flair at WM24 got to me. The gloss has been taken off somewhat now, but at the time I thought it was so apt.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 10:11 pm

HBK v Flair at WM24 and the night after WM26 when Michaels was leaving and HHH placed the glow sticks at the top of the ramp in the shape of an X. It signalled the end of an era and the end of the best faction in wrestling history imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down