The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music)

+23
The Boss
Azzy
dancingweeman
kingraf
trottb
jbeadlesbigrighthand
ShahenshahG
Union Cane
Hammersmith harrier
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
1GrumpyGolfer
Galted
Trebs
The Womble
superflyweight
seanmichaels
Hero
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
Stella
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
27 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

WHAT IS THE BEST SONG BY A FEMALE SOLO ARTIST?

Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 46

Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Empty Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music)

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 14, 2015 11:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right, at bloody last, we have arrived at question 2.

Please cast your votes here.

Remember, IT IS OPEN FOR THE WHOLE OF 606v TO VOTE

Many thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 Empty Re: Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music)

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri May 15, 2015 2:24 am

Rowley wrote:I have less votes than Britney Spears, Britney bleeding Spears. I'm with Galted, you're a bunch of clueless uncultured w@nkers.

Like I said a load of old tosh, much to your chagrin I did choose the wrong song to start with.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 15, 2015 2:24 am

Union Cane wrote:You shouldn't have allowed vote cancelling, it makes a b*llocks of the whole shambolic excercise.

People complained when I didn't allow it in the first round. I can't win. So f*ck off.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri May 15, 2015 2:25 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I can't win.

Neither can I, not with my nominations.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 15, 2015 2:26 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:who the f voted for let it go.

By no means the worst song there... and it has less votes than Britney!!

Was torn between Nina Simone's sociopolitico agent of change anthem, which I genuinely like, and Whitney Houston's track, which gives me happy feet. In the end, I really like the covers of the Nina Simone song more, so Whitney gets the vote.

On the sissy scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is Seans dream beau and 10 is Sean, you have moved down from 7 to 6.

Bog off Shah. I might live in the safe confines of Centurion now, but I'm a boy from Joburg. Outside of war zones, they don't breed them any tougher
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 15, 2015 2:27 am

kingraf wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Was torn between Nina Simone's sociopolitico agent of change anthem, which I genuinely like, and Whitney Houston's track, which gives me happy feet. In the end, I really like the covers of the Nina Simone song more, so Whitney gets the vote.

On the sissy scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is Seans dream beau and 10 is Sean, you have moved down from 7 to 6.

Bog off Shah. I might live in the safe confines of Centurion now, but I'm a boy from Joburg. Outside of war zones, they don't breed them any tougher

Action netball.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri May 15, 2015 2:28 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
kingraf wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Action netball.

Blond highlights. I fully expect to see Raf in the next Ross Kemp series.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri May 15, 2015 2:38 am

Rowley wrote:
kingraf wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Action netball.

Married to phil and getting bummed by grant? Shocked Shocked Shocked ...ok im not shocked

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 15, 2015 2:42 am

Rowley wrote:
kingraf wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Action netball.

I don't play action netball. It was a one off for a laugh that ended badly.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri May 15, 2015 2:44 am

kingraf wrote:
Rowley wrote:
kingraf wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Action netball.

Started your period?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri May 15, 2015 2:51 am

A list of horrific songs. I voted for the best of the bunch, Ke$ha.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri May 15, 2015 2:53 am

Azzy wrote:A list of horrific songs. I voted for the best of the bunch, Ke$ha.

Shocked and I say that as someone who does not use those symbol things.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri May 15, 2015 2:56 am

I'm glad to find a common enemy.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 15, 2015 3:00 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:
Rowley wrote:
kingraf wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Action netball.

Started your period?

The women in South Africa are much more threatening than the average Brit.

True Story. You'd have been dropped like a set of potatoes playing action netball
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri May 15, 2015 3:09 am

Rowley wrote:
Azzy wrote:A list of horrific songs. I voted for the best of the bunch, Ke$ha.

Shocked and I say that as someone who does not use those symbol things.
I would happily have not voted at all, but you guys clearly have nomination to vote ratios you want to uphold, so...

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri May 15, 2015 3:12 am

kingraf wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:
Rowley wrote:
kingraf wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Action netball.

Started your period?

True Story. You'd have been dropped like a set of potatoes playing action netball

But do they carry the newspaper under their armpit to the loo? And Tino isn't representative of all of us.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri May 15, 2015 3:15 am

I think that Britney is becoming the protest vote to Tinos management of the cup!

Go girl!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri May 15, 2015 3:18 am

Adam D wrote:I think that Britney is becoming the protest vote to Tinos management of the cup!

Go girl!

Or middle aged men remembering the video?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri May 15, 2015 3:25 am

Set of potatoes?

Dafuq?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri May 15, 2015 3:34 am

Union Cane wrote:Set of potatoes?

Dafuq?

Carb diet

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 15, 2015 4:23 am

kingraf wrote:

You're ever so keen to tell us over and over and over and over again how hard South Africans are. One could almost be forgiven for thinking you were compensating for your own physical limitations.

If you lot are such double hard bastards, why do you never produce any boxers worth a sh*t? You had that black midget chap and Corrie Sanders. Terrible performance from a nation of warriors.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri May 15, 2015 4:34 am

kingraf wrote:

You're ever so keen to tell us over and over and over and over again how hard South Africans are.  One could almost be forgiven for thinking you were compensating for your own physical limitations.

If you lot are such double hard bastards, why do you never produce any boxers worth a sh*t?  You had that black midget chap and Corrie Sanders.  Terrible performance from a nation of warriors.

Its because they aren't unified Tino. The various boxing authorities were once invited to "Parley" with each other. They spent the whole time preening and waiting for the beauticians to arrive and when they didn't they ordered their stylists to burn down the hall. The proliferation of Hair sprays, hair dyes and fashion magazines simply means they just don't get enough time to get perms pedicures, manicures, in just a six week training camp. Distinctly lacking in sympathy today Tino. Shame on you.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 5:19 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Nice to see The Patti Smith Group getting a vote in the solo female round.
Bloody knew I should have gone for "Rock n roll n#gger"

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 15, 2015 5:50 am

kingraf wrote:

You're ever so keen to tell us over and over and over and over again how hard South Africans are. One could almost be forgiven for thinking you were compensating for your own physical limitations.

If you lot are such double hard bastards, why do you never produce any boxers worth a sh*t? You had that black midget chap and Corrie Sanders. Terrible performance from a nation of warriors.

We're all off playing rugby. If the mood ever took us... well... Kay Masaki knocked out a world champion while starved in a detention camp. That's proper warrior genetic.

Also worth noting that boxing is where the most unreasonably angry brits go (that or Ukip)... Ours can be found here

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXVJVz-7UQU

here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O56d-xd8AuM&itct=CDsQpDAYACITCNPU5PHxwcUCFZNdfgodQWcA9VISbWFyaWthbmEgc2hvb3Rpbmdz&client=mv-google&gl=ZA&hl=en-GB

and... Uh here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB_g-RSIGfM&itct=CCYQpDAYCCITCJvl3o_ywcUCFWQgfgodqAkAmFIQT3NjYXIgcGlzdG9yaW91cw%3D%3D&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB&gl=ZA

Given the fact that we've boxed from 1900-1980 with only 9% of the populous allowed to compete internationally... and that boxing hasn't been on terrestial consistently for about 15 years (with only 6% of the adult population having satellite), it's no wonder we're more accustomed to street killings than entering a ring
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 15, 2015 6:24 am

kingraf wrote: than entering a ring

Don't judge us all by Seans standards.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 15, 2015 7:23 am

Hero wrote: surprised no-one went for Torn by Imbruglia.

Could never take that one seriously after seeing the David Armand mime to it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri May 15, 2015 9:10 am

Gentle plug...

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri May 15, 2015 9:17 am

And this bird should win it solely for finding Galted's pants in Paris

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri May 15, 2015 9:48 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Now that I didn't need to check the rules, would Stevie Nicks counted as solo? I'm too young to know if she was a solo artist really or just the face of a band.

Someone tried to pick a Nicks song that was clearly when she was singing with Fleetwood Mac.

What an idiot! That would be like picking a Patti Smith song that was clearly when she was singing with the Patti Smith Group.

Or a Patti Smith song that was written and performed by someone else?

F*** you Tino.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 15, 2015 4:44 pm

seanmichaels wrote:And this bird should win it solely for finding Galted's pants in Paris

I got them back.  They are full length with a drawstring.  I'd say that I'm wearing them as I type but I am not.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 15, 2015 4:47 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Gentle plug...

You just set yourself up for a vicious shahing with "gentle plug".

Martika's Love Thy Will Be Done is an underated masterpiece.  Good Tradition by Tanita Tikaram and Anchorage by Michelle Shocked would also have been worthy of the Culture Cup list.  And people say they're just a big pair of t1ts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri May 15, 2015 6:25 pm

Some jolly good songs on this list. I hope everyone does well in the voting.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri May 15, 2015 6:30 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Some jolly good songs on this list. I hope everyone does well in the voting.

f*** off jules

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri May 15, 2015 6:43 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32747861

Sad news.

Another one bites the dust

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri May 15, 2015 6:48 pm

maybe i was wrong to ever let you down but i did what i did before love came to town.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri May 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Galted wrote:Martika's Love Thy Will Be Done is an underated masterpiece.

It certainly is Galted. I have a bootleg of Prince's original version.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri May 15, 2015 6:53 pm

l*l

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri May 15, 2015 6:56 pm

I remember bootleg's. So early 90's.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri May 15, 2015 6:57 pm

No, I really do have the Prince version.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri May 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Galted wrote: Martika's Love Thy Will Be Done is an underated masterpiece.  

Her version of I Feel The Earth Move is also a top tune.[/quote]
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri May 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Only just realised Janis Joplin is on that list with a song performed by Big Brother and The Holding company.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri May 15, 2015 8:27 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Only just realised Janis Joplin is on that list with a song performed by Big Brother and The Holding company.

Just a minor oversight on Tino's part. A small glitch in the due diligence process. No harm done really, eh Tino?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 15, 2015 8:32 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Only just realised Janis Joplin is on that list with a song performed by Big Brother and The Holding company.

Just a minor oversight on Tino's part. A small glitch in the due diligence process. No harm done really, eh Tino?

Erm, yeah.  Hammer might actually be on to something there.  If you type Piece of my Heart into google, the first thing that comes up is Joplin singing it.  But, having done a little more research (just now), it appears she was just singing it for Big Brother and the The Holding Company.

I think the only fair outcome is to to ban the song and the poster from the rest of the competition.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Votes are way ahead of nominations now. 9.7% swing since I last checked. Have to feel sorry for the nominations as they can't increase their number, their only tactic is to be so sh1t that no-one will vote for them.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri May 15, 2015 8:39 pm

I expected better from you really Tino, tut tut.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri May 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Scandal has hit the Culture Cup V2 already! I'm surprised at you Tino!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri May 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Jackman is not happy Tino.....

Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 2 (Music) - Page 4 A-prisoners-trailer-640x468
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri May 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Puts a big question mark over the legitimacy of these results. I move for a vote of no confidence in Tino's leadership and move to supplant said leader with someone with actual morals. Sean.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 15, 2015 8:47 pm

Azzy wrote:Puts a big question mark over the legitimacy of these results. I move for a vote of no confidence in Tino's leadership and move to supplant said leader with someone with actual morals. Sean.

F*cking hell, you think it's poorly run now yet you want to replace me with Sean! That would be hilarious.

And Womble, that isn't funny. I know where you live and I know you're a southerner. It wouldn't be hard to track down a southern voice in Donny.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri May 15, 2015 8:47 pm

Galted wrote:Votes are way ahead of nominations now. 9.7% swing since I last checked.  Have to feel sorry for the nominations as they can't increase their number, their only tactic is to be so sh1t that no-one will vote for them.

Didn't work for Britney Spears.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 15, 2015 8:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:Votes are way ahead of nominations now. 9.7% swing since I last checked.  Have to feel sorry for the nominations as they can't increase their number, their only tactic is to be so sh1t that no-one will vote for them.

Didn't work for Britney Spears.

I have deep rooted suspicions about the Britney Spears votes. I'd be surprised if any of them are legitimate.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next