The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why oh why Tuilagi!....... BREAKING NEWS!

+49
Higher_Ground
aucklandlaurie
Shifty
TJ
MichaelT
LordDowlais
quinsforever
Steffan
HammerofThunor
broadlandboy
Poorfour
TightHEAD
rodders
offload
Jimpy
LondonTiger
robbo277
Mr Bounce
Gooseberry
Notch
21st Century Schizoid Man
Rugby Fan
Steve_rugby
Gwlad
MarcusHalberstram
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
king_carlos
Cyril
Geordie
No 7&1/2
majesticimperialman
funnyExiledScot
Barney McGrew did it
beshocked
Hood83
gregortree
thomh
lostinwales
Mad for Chelsea
nathan
bluestonevedder
SecretFly
Knowsit17
Breadvan
Rory_Gallagher
munkian
Bathman_in_London
Bazzer79
53 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Why oh why Tuilagi!....... BREAKING NEWS! - Page 4 Empty Why oh why Tuilagi!....... BREAKING NEWS!

Post by Bazzer79 Fri 15 May 2015, 4:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well that makes the midfield pairing debate easier...............................

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/12891571/manu-tuilagi-world-cup-assault-charge

picard picard picard picard picard picard

Bazzer79

Back to top Go down

Why oh why Tuilagi!....... BREAKING NEWS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Why oh why Tuilagi!....... BREAKING NEWS!

Post by Gwlad Thu 21 May 2015, 10:33 pm

The simple fact that you cannot understand why in the context of what he has done means you will never grasp the concept.

Staggering really that you can't, but there it is.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Why oh why Tuilagi!....... BREAKING NEWS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Why oh why Tuilagi!....... BREAKING NEWS!

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 21 May 2015, 10:37 pm

So you cant explain how you jump from an assault charge to saying someone has a flawed pysche then? Maybe you shouldn t make such horrendous statements?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 May 2015, 8:32 am

Wow Manu must be a raging lunatic...

1) Doing bunny ears.....If you suggest that shows major psychological issues...dear lord

2) Jumping off a ferry was a bit wreckless...more for his safety than anything else. But hes not the only 23 yo in the country who would have done that.

3) His latest issue. Yes more serious and needs reeling in now...but to chastise the lad as having major mental issues etc....don't be daft.

He needs a few of the tigers senior players to take him under their wing...like their brothers would have had they still been at the Leicester.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 22 May 2015, 9:04 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Wow Manu must be a raging lunatic...

Totally agree - he's a danger to himself and others -a modern day Martin Riggs.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 22 May 2015, 9:09 am

Geordiefalcon

No it doesn't mean he's a raging lunatic but he's obviously been affected by something to make him act like this.

1) he was the only person to do it. If it was another player they might have been criticised.

2) No perhaps not the only 23 year old but he's a professional rugby player and meant to be a role model.

3) Everyone has issues. Manu just decided to take out his frustation in a violent manner.

I agree he needs some senior tigers players to help him.

The first thing to solving a problem is admitting there is one.

It's not as if Manu is the only sportsman with issues.

Tiger woods was a sex addict.

Luiz Suarez has a tendency to bite people and has other disciplinary issues.

Ashton has had his own disciplinary issues.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 22 May 2015, 9:10 am

Gwlad wrote:The simple fact that you cannot understand why in the context of what he has done means you will never grasp the concept.

Staggering really that you can't, but there it is.

No, what's staggering is that you cannot explain your accusations, preferring to question people's intelligence instead, because you know, deep down, it's you who hasn't got a clue what you're talking about.

Now, either explain how you feel the player's psyche is flawed or simply shut the **** up (and i'll give you a clue, to determine if someone's psyche is flawed, you would need to be a psychologist and have conducted a detailed psychiatric investigation).

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 22 May 2015, 9:11 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Wow Manu must be a raging lunatic...

1) Doing bunny ears.....If you suggest that shows major psychological issues...dear lord

2) Jumping off a ferry was a bit wreckless...more for his safety than anything else. But hes not the only 23 yo in the country who would have done that.

3) His latest issue. Yes more serious and needs reeling in now...but to chastise the lad as having major mental issues etc....don't be daft.

He needs a few of the tigers senior players to take him under their wing...like their brothers would have had they still been at the Leicester.

You're not only battling ignorance here, but an obviously inherent dislike for the player, and quite possibly a hint of xenophobia.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 22 May 2015, 9:19 am

Jimpy that's going too far.

I don't dislike Manu. I think when he's played for England he's been an excellent attacking player with a great try strike rate.

His performance vs NZ in autumn 2012 was one of the best I have seen from a player.

He's the Tigers player I would most want to play for Saracens.

You can see the difference to Tigers when he is playing and when he isn't.

I just want Manu to mature and sort his issues out.

Sometimes the most talented players aren't the most controlled players.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 May 2015, 9:31 am

Geordiefalcon

No it doesn't mean he's a raging lunatic but he's obviously been affected by something to make him act like this.

1) he was the only person to do it. If it was another player they might have been criticised.
2) No perhaps not the only 23 year old but he's a professional rugby player and meant to be a role model.
3) Everyone has issues. Manu just decided to take out his frustation in a violent manner.

I would suggest being injured so long is a MASSIVE contribution with frustration at not being able to do what he loves - playing rugby.

We all get frustrated ...except we arnt one step away from the front pages though. He's a young 23 yo.

1) I say again it was a daft carry on that even the PM had a laugh at.
2) Stupid, more for the safety to himself...I at that age did some just as daft things...im not mentally flawed.
3) He's not the only rugby player to have had a bit of a scuffle...and wont be the last. He pushed the WPC's...he didn't punch them or get hold of them...but still he should not have done that and is reaping the punishment. Hopefully he learns...and im sure he will.

History is full of young sport stars who have a wobble and sort themselves out. Rugby has its fair share....

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Fri 22 May 2015, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 22 May 2015, 9:33 am

Forgive me Tuilagi, I just couldn't take any more!!

Sing along.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 22 May 2015, 9:45 am

Geordiefalcon

1) Daft carry on which was unnecessary. In isolation it's not that important but it all adds up.
2) Just because you've done it doesn't mean it should be acceptable
3) I agree but it's still not something you want to see.

I want Manu to sort himself out. Yes you are right perhaps it is frustation with the injury but Manu needs to control himself.

You are right - Manu is not the only young sports star that has a wobble.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 May 2015, 9:56 am

I can understand the concern, but ultimately boys will be boys. Regardless of if your a superstar TV star , sportsman even politicians etc...

We cant expect everyone to be saintly and abide by the rules constantly. But being that doesn't mean people are flawed. They are just testing the waters, and in his case full of frustration.

As long as he doesn't turn out like Gazza or Georgie Best...then no worries...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 22 May 2015, 10:08 am

Boys will be boys you say....imagine if you were the poor taxi driver or the police officers being assaulted by Manu.

The way society is - if you're a high profile person in the media spotlight you have less leeway than someone not in the spotlight. Pros and cons to being in the spotlight.

People are flawed. The way you get around that is trying to reduce the flaws, refine and improve.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 22 May 2015, 10:09 am

Flawed psyche is different to having flaws is what we're getting at.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 22 May 2015, 10:14 am

Other than the PM thing they're not acceptable. And he's been/being punished for them. Doesn't mean he has serious issues or a 'flawed psyche' (or at least any more than is completely normal). Let's be clear, he's not gotten away with anything. It's not been brushed under the carpet or laughed off.  He's been fined, he's got a criminal record (I would have thought, no idea how it works). Some people are making a much bigger deal out of it than necessary.

edit: is it just me or is this place running really slow these days? My browser keys hanging while waiting for some 'adservice' thing.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 May 2015, 10:20 am

Didn't realise everyone on here were saintly goodie twoshoes....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 22 May 2015, 10:22 am

Can't swim.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 22 May 2015, 10:33 am

no 7 & 1/2 fame and frustation from injuries can do funny things to a player or person.

hammerofthunor acceptable to insult the PM? Personally I disagree.

Would it be acceptable to insult the queen?

Bigger deal? It is a big deal. He's been found guilty of assaulting two police officers - sounds quite serious to me.

Though saying that all I want to see is Manu Tuilagi helped - whether it's from a mentor like Wilkinson or from Tigers' support team. I just personally think Manu needs help.

You seem to be under the impression that there is no problem. There quite clearly is.

geordiefalcon far from a goodie two shoes but this topic is about Manu.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 22 May 2015, 10:36 am

Who's saying there's no problem with what he's done? Think Jimpy summed it up best '(and i'll give you a clue, to determine if someone's psyche is flawed, you would need to be a psychologist and have conducted a detailed psychiatric investigation).'

I'd happily insult the PM to his face.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 22 May 2015, 10:41 am

The PM was perfectly happy to insult and mock me to my face when he was younger. As an over-privileged Tinkywinky who cares nothing about the country, only about being elected and giving money to his posh friends, I would be perfectly happy to insult him to his face.

People deserve respect for their actions - not for the post they hold.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 May 2015, 10:44 am

LondonTiger wrote:The PM was perfectly happy to insult and mock me to my face when he was younger. As an over-privileged Tinkywinky who cares nothing about the country, only about being elected and giving money to his posh friends, I would be perfectly happy to insult him to his face.

Sounds like a story.

I'd add that one of the great strengths of this country is that we are free (within reason) to take the mick out of our elected leaders without fear of reprisals

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 22 May 2015, 10:55 am

LondonTiger wrote:The PM was perfectly happy to insult and mock me to my face when he was younger. As an over-privileged Tinkywinky who cares nothing about the country, only about being elected and giving money to his posh friends, I would be perfectly happy to insult him to his face.

Just like the last Labour leadership in fact.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 22 May 2015, 10:56 am

beshocked wrote:Jimpy that's going too far.

I don't dislike Manu. I think when he's played for England he's been an excellent attacking player with a great try strike rate.

His performance vs NZ in autumn 2012 was one of the best I have seen from a player.

He's the Tigers player I would most want to play for Saracens.

You can see the difference to Tigers when he is playing and when he isn't.

I just want Manu to mature and sort his issues out.

Sometimes the most talented players aren't the most controlled players.

You obviously thought that the post was directed at you. It wasn't really.....but if the cap fits and all that....

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 22 May 2015, 11:06 am

no 7 & 1/2

We can quibble about the definitions of psyche being flawed etc. Personally I think Manu needs help - doesn't mean I think he's mentally insane, just think he needs to mature a bit, control his temper and curb his silly tendencies.

I don't think we disagree do we?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 22 May 2015, 11:07 am

We agree completely bar that term beshocked. And the PM!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 22 May 2015, 11:17 am

beshocked wrote:no 7 & 1/2

We can quibble about the definitions of psyche being flawed etc. Personally I think Manu needs help - doesn't mean I think he's mentally insane, just think he needs to mature a bit, control his temper and curb his silly tendencies.

And both club and country have publicly stated that they will supply that help, whatever help is required.

This is a non story.

Out of interest, did you make any judgement call s on the psyche of Callum Clarke when he wilfully broke Hawkins's elbow, or Steffon Armitage, who is still under investigation for a much more serious (allegedly) assault?

I'm not defending Manu simply because he plays for Leicester. Nobody, in fact, has defended his actions. However, we need a bit of perspective here, because it seems that some posters are happy to sensationalise matters because it suits their own agendas.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 22 May 2015, 11:34 am

Well obviously those two players quite clearly have their own issues. This is a discussion on Manu but I agree with you. I wouldn't say that either of those incidents are non stories.

You say it's a non story - well no it's not but I think this discussion has run it's course now.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 22 May 2015, 11:49 am

LondonTiger wrote:The PM was perfectly happy to insult and mock me to my face when he was younger.

Come on Tiger, don't leave things dangling. Fill it out. What happened? The two of you went to the same school and he ridiculed you for stealing his homework, that he had always paid the brainy lad to do for him each night?

Come on. Out with it. Detail.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 22 May 2015, 5:44 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So you cant explain how you jump from an assault charge to saying someone has a flawed pysche then? Maybe you shouldn t make such horrendous statements?

its not a charge is it? Are you 2 weeks behind the rest of the english speaking world? Its a triple conviction for assault including on 2 female offciers, an assault on a taxi driver and an assault on his taxi.

Like i said, repeatedly, if you can't make the link yourself between that rap and a flawed psyche, then the problem is with you.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 22 May 2015, 5:48 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Who's saying there's no problem with what he's done? Think Jimpy summed it up best '(and i'll give you a clue, to determine if someone's psyche is flawed, you would need to be a psychologist and have conducted a detailed psychiatric investigation).'

Well guess what, I have a BA (Hons) in Psychology

And guess what else, a Psychologist DOES NOT CONDUCT PSYCHIATRIC INVESTIGATIONS! That would be done by a….wait for it……PSYCHIATRIST. picard

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 22 May 2015, 6:21 pm

ghost

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 May 2015, 7:36 pm

Gwlad wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Who's saying there's no problem with what he's done? Think Jimpy summed it up best '(and i'll give you a clue, to determine if someone's psyche is flawed, you would need to be a psychologist and have conducted a detailed psychiatric investigation).'

And guess what else, a Psychologist DOES NOT CONDUCT PSYCHIATRIC INVESTIGATIONS! That would be done by a….wait for it……PSYCHIATRIST.  picard

If it is true that you have such a micky mouse degree then you probably like mind games, which explains a great deal

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 22 May 2015, 7:55 pm

Gwlad wrote:

And guess what else, a Psychologist DOES NOT CONDUCT PSYCHIATRIC INVESTIGATIONS! That would be done by a….wait for it……PSYCHIATRIST.  picard

Lol, that explains a lot about you!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 22 May 2015, 8:47 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

If it is true that you have such a micky mouse degree then you probably like mind games, which explains a great deal

Rolling Eyes Did you deduce that from one of your pop Psychology books or from studying Mens Health?

And btw, Mickey has an E in it. thumbsup

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 22 May 2015, 9:09 pm

Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:no 7 & 1/2

And both club and country have publicly stated that they will supply that help, whatever help is required.

This is a non story.

Out of interest, did you make any judgement call s on the psyche of Callum Clarke when he wilfully broke Hawkins's elbow, or Steffon Armitage, who is still under investigation for a much more serious (allegedly) assault?

I'm not defending Manu simply because he plays for Leicester. Nobody, in fact, has defended his actions. However, we need a bit of perspective here, because it seems that some posters are happy to sensationalise matters because it suits their own agendas.

Nobody is sensationalizing anything. You won't face facts, your boy is a criminal.

Question is can you rehabilitate him or is he a thug, and if so does he deserve to wear the England shirt. Likewise Clarke who deliberately snaps someones elbow on the pitch. IMO Clarke should have got a life ban, the flying headbutts v NZ were a sign, the elbow was what happens when you ignore the facts.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_rugby Fri 22 May 2015, 10:51 pm

I presume no NZ player has never stamped a player om the head ? Or two of them have driven a player head first towards the ground ? Are they not not thugs as well ? Did they deserve to wear the NZ shirt ?

Steve_rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 22 May 2015, 10:55 pm

Steve_rugby wrote:I presume no NZ player has never stamped a player om the head ? Or two of them have driven a player head first towards the ground  ? Are they not not thugs as well ? Did they deserve to wear the NZ shirt ?

I don't think you're psychologically stable enough to put such questions on this thread, Steve.  Only professionals can comment on this one I'm afraid.  

Now Bugger off!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 22 May 2015, 11:36 pm

Steve_rugby wrote:I presume no NZ player has never stamped a player om the head ? Or two of them have driven a player head first towards the ground  ? Are they not not thugs as well ? Did they deserve to wear the NZ shirt ?

Do you understand the difference between committing a crime and being fund guilty of it and not committing a crime?

Manu Tuilagi has a criminal record because he assaulted cops and a taxi. Arguably in the case of Clarke i think he is lucky not to have one. Mealamu and Umaga's actions were disgraceful, no doubt, but not criminal. I don't think you can clearly demonstrate from their actions an intent to cause injury to BOD. Clarke, i think you'd have a decent enough case.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 23 May 2015, 12:31 am

Edit: Sorry, I was guilty here of taking an unqualified idiot more seriously than warranted.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 May 2015, 1:02 pm

beshocked wrote:Boys will be boys you say....imagine if you were the poor taxi driver or the police officers being assaulted by Manu.

Oh come on Beshocked, we know nothing about the circumstances that lead to the confrontation. It might well be that he was a poor taxi driver, set upon by a drunken thug for no reason whatsoever. It could also be that he was a cretin who got less than he deserved, we just don't know. The fact that you would use language like that without the facts shows how keen you are to stick it to Manu, probably because he didn't show the level of deference to your precious PM that you feel he should.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 May 2015, 1:15 pm

While the guy is a grade A tool of the highest order I am quite disappointed that Tuilagi has been ommited from the RWC Squad. Being a Wales supporter we wanted a weak England team at 'HQ' and this clown not playing helps England's chances in the group

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 23 May 2015, 1:33 pm

Steffan wrote:While the guy is a grade A tool of the highest order I am quite disappointed that Tuilagi has been ommited from the RWC Squad. Being a Wales supporter we wanted a weak England team at 'HQ' and this clown not playing helps England's chances in the group

Are you suggesting if Manu was playing he would be an easy target?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 23 May 2015, 1:35 pm

nathan wrote:
Steffan wrote:While the guy is a grade A tool of the highest order I am quite disappointed that Tuilagi has been ommited from the RWC Squad. Being a Wales supporter we wanted a weak England team at 'HQ' and this clown not playing helps England's chances in the group

Are you suggesting if Manu was playing he would be an easy target?
No I am suggesting the guy is a very limited rugby player and is of no real loss to the England team

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 23 May 2015, 1:40 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
beshocked wrote:Boys will be boys you say....imagine if you were the poor taxi driver or the police officers being assaulted by Manu.

Oh come on Beshocked, we know nothing about the circumstances that lead to the confrontation. It might well be that he was a poor taxi driver, set upon by a drunken thug for no reason whatsoever. It could also be that he was a cretin who got less than he deserved, we just don't know. The fact that you would use language like that without the facts shows how keen you are to stick it to Manu, probably because he didn't show the level of deference to your precious PM that you feel he should.

the assualt constituted a headlock and pushing. No excuse and rightly convicted, but pfobably only a penalty if it happened on a rugby pitch.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 23 May 2015, 1:41 pm

On form and used right he is (sorry for this) world class

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 23 May 2015, 1:46 pm

manu is barely in control when sober. ferry incident on tour and PM bunny move.

when drunk he clearly is even less in control.

he is immature, and someone needs to tell him that maybe he should avoid those last 3 drinks that take away all vestiges of self control.

but he is also clearly a fun, friendly, team-player, and capable of great individual brilliance on the pitch.

a year in the cold for him to reassess, lots of help with control type issues, and barring injury, i hope he will be back far better, wiser, and stronger than ever.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 23 May 2015, 6:16 pm

nathan wrote:On form and used right he is (sorry for this) world class

world class players are not criminals. A world class player has as much gravitas off the pitch as he does on it. Manu has no brains, he is a battering ram centre for an English team that has never used a battering ram centre so he seems exceptional, plain and simple. Bar one afternoon v NZ he has done nothing that makes him world class, and everyone knows that NZ were all sick that day.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_rugby Sat 23 May 2015, 7:03 pm

Gwlad wrote:
nathan wrote:On form and used right he is (sorry for this) world class

world class players are not criminals. A world class player has as much gravitas off the pitch as he does on it. Manu has no brains, he is  a battering ram centre for an English team that has never used a battering ram centre so he seems exceptional, plain and simple. Bar one afternoon v NZ he has done nothing that makes him world class, and everyone knows that NZ were all sick that day.

Still spouting your usual garbage. NZ were annihilated by a much better side on the day. They were sick during the week before the game, not on the day of the game.

Was Jason Robinson a world class player ?

Steve_rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 23 May 2015, 7:17 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:

Perfectly describes Manu frankly.

And we do know.

The FACTS are Manu plead GUILTY. That means he knew that going to trial would reveal what he did to the court and to public and to Stewie in full. His counsel no doubt advised him he would likely get a conviction, and quite possibly, a custodial sentence though likely a suspended one. Also to defend those actions on trial and be found guilty would hardly endear him to the English management.

That he has already shown he is an immature fool on a circus of a tour and additionally shown he has no idea about proper behavior when representing the greatest rugby touring side in history, just leads any reasonable person to the conclusion that he is a fool at best and, in fact, a criminal who has now finally admitted his crimes.

In that admission and his taking responsibility for his crimes, does he deserve a small amount of respect.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 23 May 2015, 7:35 pm

Who needs Manu when you have JJ to unlock defences?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next