The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+5
LondonTiger
Corporalhumblebucket
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
9 posters

Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 17 May 2015, 1:09 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST NORTHAMPTONSHIRE AT WANTAGE ROAD STARTING ON MONDAY.
Luke Fletcher is included after completing his loan move from Nottinghamshire this week. Dominic Sibley is named in a Championship squad for the first time this season off the back of some impressive performances for the 2nd XI as is James Burke who made his T20 debut on Saturday against Essex.
there is still no place in the squad for solanki Erm
The Surrey squad to play Northamptonshire at Wantage Road on Monday 18th May, Tuesday 19th May, Wednesday 20th May and Thursday 21st May :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Matthew Dunn
Luke Fletcher
Stuart Meaker
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
Gary Wilson
burke and you would assume with what stewart said last week curran or dunn to miss out as well

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Sun 17 May 2015, 1:24 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

I note you mention Solanki. Harinath has been well amongst the runs for the seconds and can also consider himself unlucky that we have such strength in batting (at least on paper!).

Agree with you about the most likely team. Norman Stanley (hope you are all keeping up!) replaces Sick-note whilst Sibley comes in for Pietersen. Meaker at last to get a gig, my little money narrowly being on Dunn rested.

The wicket at Northants normally suits spinners so I'm sure that Batty and Ansari will both play. It might otherwise have been interesting to consider Burkey at number 8 in place of the skipper.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 May 2015, 2:09 pm

Reckon meaker will miss out again tbh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 17 May 2015, 8:23 pm

I expect Meaker will play.  Burke likely to miss out this time and one other fast bowler - not sure which.  Pleased to see Sibley in the squad.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 18 May 2015, 11:30 am

Unlikely to be much play today.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 18 May 2015, 11:35 am

LondonTiger wrote:Unlikely to be much play today.

Yeah, forecast isn't great for the next two days either. Already looking like a draw without some inventive captaincy ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 18 May 2015, 2:35 pm

Interesting to see Burke leap frogging Kapil into the squad. I guess his 'club bowling' must have impressed more than just 606ers on Saturday. Wink

1.Burns
2.Ansari
3.Sibley
4.Sanga
5.Davies
6.Roy
7.Wilson (wk)
8.Batty
9.Fletcher
10.Curran or Dunn
11.Meaker

A real shame about the weather as that feels like fairly balanced side on paper.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 18 May 2015, 3:04 pm

A second pitch inspection is due at 3,30.

I'll stick with Dunn and Burkey to miss out although with this match now getting closer to being a 3 day contest (and quite possibly even less than that looking at tomorrow's forecast) there's probably more of a case for Batty to stand down.

King Carlos - Kapil is another who has been chalking up runs in the seconds. However, hard to see him getting much of a chance in the firsts with so much batting competition around unless he can up his game with the ball.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 18 May 2015, 3:08 pm

Btw, and this is particularly for Goochie Wink , a shame we didn't have Norman Stanley for the Leics game. Would have liked to have seen him and their Mr McKay going head to head!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 18 May 2015, 5:04 pm

with the amount of overs zafar is bowling i would like to see sibley opening and him at 4 OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 18 May 2015, 5:40 pm

JimBob - good post. That could fly.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 18 May 2015, 9:19 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Btw, and this is particularly for Goochie Wink , a shame we didn't have Norman Stanley for the Leics game. Would have liked to have seen him and their Mr McKay going head to head!
Very Happy Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 19 May 2015, 10:55 am

Surrey win toss and bowl
Burke and Dunn miss out

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 19 May 2015, 11:10 am

guildfordbat wrote:Btw, and this is particularly for Goochie Wink , a shame we didn't have Norman Stanley for the Leics game. Would have liked to have seen him and their Mr McKay going head to head!

hehe! Ironically, Norman Stanley will be facing a Crook in the Northants team though!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 19 May 2015, 11:56 am

thegooch7 wrote:

hehe! Ironically, Norman Stanley will be facing a Crook in the Northants team though!
clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 19 May 2015, 6:18 pm

Northants 107/2 at stumps after 28 overs having being put in.

Not terrible and not worth getting too worked up about (a draw has to be the clear favourite) but doing little to ease concerns about Surrey's ability to get 20 Champo wickets when it matters.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 20 May 2015, 2:04 pm

Hi guys, im still wondering why Batty in the team? 64 overs bowled and he hasn't had any. In fact Jason Roy has and Ansari has. What's that all about?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 20 May 2015, 2:42 pm

Hi Jimbo, having not heard any commentary or reports today, I was wondering exactly the same. I did think Batty might be injured. However with Northants 281/5, Batty has just brought himself on for the first time to bowl the 74th over.

Perhaps some of the other Surrey boys here can explain it. The older I get, the less I understand this game!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 20 May 2015, 3:23 pm

Hi Guildford, now bowled out for 309. Good comeback. Batty with 2 wickets...

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 20 May 2015, 3:46 pm

Hi Jimbo, I guess we would pretty much always have settled for having them all out for 309. Whether that justifies everything that went on before we got those 10 wickets, I'm not so sure.

Anyway, 3 more wickets for Ansari allowing Olly's bromance to go on!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 20 May 2015, 4:57 pm

Good start to the Surrey innings. 78/0 off 20 overs.

JimBob's advice to open with Sibley ignored though. Whilst I genuinely believe that has merit, I'm not surprised - Ansari & Burns have a fair bit of experience of opening together and Stewie/Ford will be reluctant to disrupt that, particularly while they still hope Pietersen will return to the middle order.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 20 May 2015, 5:00 pm

#ansariforengland is having a good day
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 20 May 2015, 5:04 pm

I'll be quiet from now on #sorryzafar Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 20 May 2015, 5:12 pm

third degree goes Sad
305 more runs needed Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 20 May 2015, 5:44 pm

Sibley gone for a prolonged three.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 20 May 2015, 9:53 pm

It's really a shame that we lost the day to rain - would be shaping up to be a good game
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 20 May 2015, 10:56 pm

Agreed, Olly. Disappointing as well that Wantage Road copped so much more bad weather than the other Div 2 venues this week.

Whilst we're going to end up with another draw, Lancs have won their game and it looks like there will be positive results in the Glam v Essex and Gloucs v Kent matches. My money is on Glam and Gloucs (although I expect that one to be tight).

Assuming I'm right about there being positive results (regardless of who wins), 3 teams are going to get a lot more points this week than Surrey.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 21 May 2015, 10:11 am

Realisticically, it's all about the bonus points today.

Lose Olly's GOAT (Sanga still just edges Zaf) and Interesting early doors and we could be struggling to score 200. However, if they do both kick on we could be looking at 5 batting points. From here, I would settle for 4 ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 21 May 2015, 1:38 pm

264 -4 at lunch. Good morning for Surrey, only losing one wicket while gaining two batting points and scoring at a healthy rate. We have enough overs to get all five batting points if we don't lose too many wickets.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 May 2015, 2:37 pm

KUMAR SANGAKKARA IS GOOD AT CRICKET
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 21 May 2015, 3:26 pm

Surrey rattling past 400. Sanga out for 111 clap clap clap and Le Roi king has just reached his previous career best score of 121 clap clap clap  Wonder whether Surrey will declare now to prevent Northants getting any more bowling points! Erm I mean to try and bowl Northants out for under 100. Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 21 May 2015, 3:44 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Thu 21 May 2015, 4:30 pm

477-6 now - why are we still batting? Why not have a go at them for 30-40 overs and see if we could have got a surprise win? Nothing to lose. I blame Batty mad

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 21 May 2015, 4:30 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Surrey rattling past 400. Sanga out for 111 clap clap clap and Le Roi king has just reached his previous career best score of 121 clap clap clap  Wonder whether Surrey will declare now to prevent Northants getting any more bowling points! Erm I mean to try and bowl Northants out for under 100. Wink

Yep, come late September, hope we don't regret Northants getting a second bowling point in this game.

Clearly no celebration for us tonight in the mess but might be a nice gesture, Corporal, for the first drink to be on the house. Kinda think we deserve it. With an echo of Olly's post last night, what might have been eh?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 21 May 2015, 4:40 pm

kingdaveeagle wrote:477-6 now - why are we still batting? Why not have a go at them for 30-40 overs and see if we could have got a surprise win? Nothing to lose. I blame Batty mad
SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP 1347041234

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 21 May 2015, 4:43 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Clearly no celebration for us tonight in the mess but might be a nice gesture, Corporal, for the first drink to be on the house. Kinda think we deserve it. With an echo of Olly's post last night, what might have been eh?

Laugh ...Meanwhile Harold and Norah carefully push singles against the part time bowlers in an effort to boost their batting averages.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 21 May 2015, 4:47 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Agreed, Olly. Disappointing as well that Wantage Road copped so much more bad weather than the other Div 2 venues this week.

Whilst we're going to end up with another draw, Lancs have won their game and it looks like there will be positive results in the Glam v Essex and Gloucs v Kent matches. My money is on Glam and Gloucs (although I expect that one to be tight).

Assuming I'm right about there being positive results (regardless of who wins), 3 teams are going to get a lot more points this week than Surrey.

Glam and, contrary to my post last night, Kent win today. We could really do with a win against Kent in our next CC match starting on Sunday at Beckenham. Draws are not enough.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 21 May 2015, 4:51 pm

one short of 500 Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down