The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

5 posters

Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:06 pm

Surrey have named a 15 man squad for tomorrow’s LV= County Championship match with Northamptonshire at the county ground.
Tom curran is named in a red ball squad for the first time this season, His last appearance for Surrey was in April 2019 in the draw with Essex. Yikes
Josh Blake is also named for the first time.
Ben Foakes and Ollie pope are playing for England, whilst Sam Curran, Will Jacks and Reece Topley will be flying out on Wednesday for the white ball series against Pakistan.
Sadly Jamie Overton hasn't recovered from the injuries he picked up against Warwickshire back in July (foot and hand).
There is no place in the Squad for Conor McKerr.
Jason Roy is taking time out of the game after being dropped for England. Wink
Full Squad:
Burns (c)
Amla
Atkinson
Blake
Clark
T Curran
Geddes
Lawes
Moriarty
Patel
Roach
Smith
Steel
Virdi
Worrall
Judging by this season you would think that Moriarty and Virdi will miss out again with Steel being the spin option, and maybe Blake and Geddes joining them on drink duties.
don't think TC would be named in the squad if not playing Headscratch
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:24 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

I agree with you about Moriarty and Virdi missing out again with Steel being the spin option. Steel is a long way off from being Jacks but - on paper at least - he's a more natural replacement than the other two and brings some balance. Btw, I saw Virdi bowl for the stiffs at Guilfdord in last week's heavily rain affected game - 0/20 off his two overs before the heavens opened, oh dear!

Like you, I can't see Blake making the eleven. However, I think Geddes will play. That would probably see Atkinson on the bench assuming everyone else - partularly TC and Worrall - is fit.

Btw, I've heard that JOve is hoping to be ready for the Yorks match but no guarantees.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner and James100 like this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by James100 Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:44 am

Cheers Jimbob.

I agree with Guildford, batting looks very weak if Geddes misses out (Steel at 4!) so Blake, Virdi, Moriarty and Atkinson on the bench I'd guess.

James100

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:21 am

Surrey win toss and bowl
Moriarty, Virdi Blake and remarkably lawes miss out

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:09 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Surrey win toss and bowl
Moriarty, Virdi Blake and remarkably lawes miss out

Yep, assuming Lawes is fit, it's very strange to leave him out. He was our stand out player in the RL50 and did well in the Championship before that.

Haven't seen any of the play but just the start we didn't want! Northants getting to 70 without loss and then it rains.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:06 pm

1st bowling point Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:06 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:1st bowling point Smile

With that, we'll be top of the table again on Thursday night provided we don't lose. However, we really should be looking to win at Northants. The away game to Lancs is likely to be more difficult. We need 2 wins and a draw from our last 3 to be pretty certain of topping Hants.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:49 pm

200 for 3 now mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:05 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:200 for 3 now mad

Worrying ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:31 pm

That Burns LBW decision is one of the worse I've even seen picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:20 pm

50 for Amla clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:20 pm

Absolutely brilliant knock from TC, complete game changer...hopefully we can get to 400 now...good job I didn't post when Northants were 200-3 and then we were 80-4....it was going to be a right rant!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:28 pm

Excellent from Amla and TC to secure full batting points - Amla hasn’t been Sangakkara levels (I mean who could be!), but he’s going to be a miss for us next season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:43 pm

82 run lead - chance to try and force a result, albeit seems the pitch is decent so will be tough
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:16 pm

3 down

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:41 pm

Dreadful morning's bowling again from Surrey, from the appalling Atkinson's first no ball, just wasted 15 overs, and then when we took the new ball, Roach bowled like he was sulking, the body language of the whole team looks poor, only Worrall looks interested....very strange

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:41 pm

Match drawn 8 points clear at the top.
Foakes and pope return next week and fingers crossed for Overton

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:53 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Match drawn 8 points clear at the top.
Foakes and pope return next week and fingers crossed for Overton

Overton was on 12th man duties this week and bowling during intervals - fingers crossed he’s fully fit to go next week.

Not an ideal result, but full bonus points and a draw from a pitch which probably wasn’t a result wicket isn’t a disaster
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down