The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland set to gain 5 new pro teams!

+4
George Carlin
IanBru
Nematode
madmaccas
8 posters

Go down

Scotland set to gain 5 new pro teams! Empty Scotland set to gain 5 new pro teams!

Post by madmaccas Sun 17 May 2015, 5:53 pm

A petition is gathering pace for the North of England to secede and join Scotland.

Allow the north of England to secede from the UK & join Scotland

The new border would start just below Liverpool, run under Sheffield and end below Hull.

Scotland set to gain 5 new pro teams! CShSRMezymxgnrP-800x450-noPad

So far there are almost 40,000 signatures (most of which have come in the last week), so looks like Scotland could be set to gain 5 pro teams, not to mention most of the rugby league teams (ah well, can't have everything).

Sale, Newcastle Falcons, Yorkshire Carnegie (or whatever they're called this week), Rotherham and Doncaster.

Really we should also get the players who were born there (seems fair).

Had a look through (slow day) and from the current England squad that would include:

Rob Webber (York), David Wilson (South Shields), Christian Day (Blackpool), Geoff Parling (Stockton-on-Tees), Calum Clark (Stockton-on-Tees), Danny Care (Leeds), Richard Wigglesworth (Blackpool), Owen Farrell (Wigan), George Ford (Oldham), Stephen Myler (Widnes), Luther Burrell (Huddersfield) and Kyle Eastmond (Oldham).

I always thought Northern England was fiercely patriotic, but you're more than welcome to join guys. I would say the water's warm so jump on in, but I'd be lying.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Scotland set to gain 5 new pro teams! Empty Re: Scotland set to gain 5 new pro teams!

Post by Nematode Sun 17 May 2015, 6:12 pm

Please not more independence stuff - thought I could escape it here...

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Scotland set to gain 5 new pro teams! Empty Re: Scotland set to gain 5 new pro teams!

Post by madmaccas Sun 17 May 2015, 6:28 pm

Nematode wrote:Please not more independence stuff - thought I could escape it here...

Nah it's not political.

I'm impartial on Indy, but I am partial to more teams and players!

It's a fun thought. I'm not sure how many of those players would get into the Scotland team.

My guess Ford, Care, Burrell and Eastmond. Maybe Parling too.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun 17 May 2015, 6:44 pm

It's obviously political. In any case, the law isn't retroactive. The players born above were born in England and have all played for England. They wouldn't be able to play for Scotland.

Honestly, reading the wording of the petition (which is over a year old, by the way), I had to stop several times to stifle a yawn.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 18 May 2015, 7:46 am

Is this a Thing? I mean, is it actually going to be a Thing?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 May 2015, 10:32 am

I can't see anything like this ever happening.

The 37% of Scots who voted for independence want a smaller more insular country, and the 63% of Scots who didn't vote for independence want to preserve the United Kingdom. I can't see many voting for the North East of England to become part of Scotland - on either side of the border!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 18 May 2015, 10:36 am

Wouldn't be happy with that. It would make us southerners Sad

EDIT: This was started a while back and only picked up when the Tories got in again. I don't think there is any seriousness to it in the slightest. Although people from Yorkshire would like more independence (population is just a little smaller than Scotland's, bigger than Wales and Northern Ireland). Although the capital would probably have to be Leeds so raspberry to that.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Mon 18 May 2015, 10:41 am

I can't see many voting for the North East of England to become part of Scotland

I think this is a North West initiative - if you look at the map you'll see Newcastle is not even featured.

Whilst I love you lads up there, there's no way I want to be part of Scotland.

By the way, did you lads ever pay for the damage to the Town Wall that you knocked down in 1644?
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 May 2015, 10:44 am

TrailApe wrote:
I can't see many voting for the North East of England to become part of Scotland

I think this is a North West initiative - if you look at the map you'll see Newcastle is not even featured.

Whilst I love you lads up there, there's no way I want to be part of Scotland.

By the way, did you lads ever pay for the damage to the Town Wall that you knocked down in 1644?

laughing

We pretty much declared bankruptcy in 1707 - that wiped the slate clean in our book. Anyway, it was probably just Rangers fans acting up.....

Last edited by funnyExiledScot on Mon 18 May 2015, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 18 May 2015, 10:46 am

Jeremy Clarkson's petition was far more popular than this!

If you want to join Scotland - my advice - pack your bags and go live in Scotland! Nothing stopping you.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 May 2015, 10:50 am

beshocked wrote:If you want to join Scotland - my advice - pack your bags and go live in Scotland! Nothing stopping you.

Quite right, but only if you are good at rugby.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down