The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Update.

+6
Enforcer
Fernando
Lex-Express
Legend
Brady12
Holymiky
10 posters

Go down

Another Update. Empty Another Update.

Post by Holymiky Tue 31 May 2011, 10:43 am

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that i am sorry for the boycotting of this at the moment and i will be picking it back up within the next few days.

Just got back to work after a week off and settling back in at work.

In the next few weeks, 20th June to be exact my office is undergoing some refurb work so i will most likely only be here every now and then for 6 weeks so i will keep you posted on that.

I seriously have been so pleased with the response from people on the competition and i really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time and co-operation.

Miky.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Another Update. Empty Re: Another Update.

Post by Brady12 Tue 31 May 2011, 1:49 pm

Poor effort... If you can't dedicate yourself to doing it properly why bother? Why do you have to be at work to do it?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Tue 31 May 2011, 1:54 pm

Hostile! thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 31 May 2011, 1:57 pm

Brady12 wrote:Poor effort... If you can't dedicate yourself to doing it properly why bother? Why do you have to be at work to do it?

Brady...

Lets be honest.

Your not even in the competition, i am running this in my own spare time/work time.

For your information i have done some of it from home, just not this past week.

I am a gamer also, i play ALOT of games and i paid for a server on a game and have to maintain it for the people on there, call me sad i don't care.

I run this competition because i can and because i want to do it for you guys, if you don't like it you know what you can do in all honesty.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 31 May 2011, 2:00 pm

Brady, im sure Miky is doing the best he can and dosnt have to be at work to do it, it just so happens that like most of us he is at work during the day so work dictates what he is able to get done, and the past week he has been on holiday (ie, not at a computer)

Im sure he would love to just sit on here doing this kotr all the time but thats not how it works in the real world.

dude im not having a go but lighten up and if your that unhappy im sure he would love some help in running this thing

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 31 May 2011, 2:02 pm

Brady, your not even in it??....

i got nothing against u but get of your high horse brother

Last edited by Lex-Express on Tue 31 May 2011, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 31 May 2011, 2:02 pm

Lex-Express wrote:Brady, im sure Miky is doing the best he can and dosnt have to be at work to do it, it just so happens that like most of us he is at work during the day so work dictates what he is able to get done, and the past week he has been on holiday (ie, not at a computer)

Im sure he would love to just sit on here doing this kotr all the time but thats not how it works in the real world.

dude im not having a go but lighten up and if your that unhappy im sure he would love some help in running this thing

Mate i'm not going to lie but i have been on the computer but just like i said in my post above, running other games and playing other games.

Thanks though bro, love u!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 31 May 2011, 2:04 pm

ahhh.....

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 31 May 2011, 2:04 pm

ahhh.....love u more Milkman x

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 31 May 2011, 2:42 pm

Brady12 wrote:Poor effort... If you can't dedicate yourself to doing it properly why bother? Why do you have to be at work to do it?

brady,

please refrain from putting comments like these as all it does is aggravate other members of the board.
if you have an issue with competitions like these please keep them to yourself and not post negative responses towards the o.p

fernando

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 31 May 2011, 2:50 pm

Or alternatively you could volunteer your own time and put the effort in to run a similar competition?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 31 May 2011, 3:06 pm

I think that Miky has done a great job with this and should be applauded for giving up his time for it. If there is to be a bit of a break in things maybe it could be agreed now that the tournament will break for a certain period of time before restarting?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 31 May 2011, 11:14 pm

This is what let's these pages down. I voice an opinion which is not going to be popular but rather than look at the points raised objectively people jump to the guys defence.

The competition has been running well over a month now... Who seriously expected after 6 weeks only round one would be complete?

I purposely didn't enter the comp because its difficult for me to go on these pages at work I assumed I wouldn't have the time. How wrong was I!!

I volunteered a few topics for questions (due to the fact after 3 or 4 rounds Person A & Person B wrote virtually identical articles) but my ideas were dismissed.

At the begining I slagged the idea as nothing but a popularity contest. Whilst the formula (which I then applauded) help prevented this, the idea of revealing the winner at the end of each match up led me to believe that again this was the case.

In summary an idea that originally exceeded my low expectations but has fallen flat on it's face due to inept organisation.... Anyone seriously disagree???

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 01 Jun 2011, 8:58 am

Of course i do.

Although you have admitted you were wrong to start with and fair enough a popularity contest is not what i was aiming for but maybe you shouldn't jump the gun.

The plans for the next round were that nobody except of course the people involved would know who was through to the next round, the reason why it has taken so long is because i am also a busy person as i'm sure you are. I have to work and keep to deadlines etc like i'm sure you do too or have had to do previous.

Whatever the situation i don't think your being very fair, simply because i haven't seen you offer that much help or your time out to help run the competition, i am the first to admit that i haven't been fully on the ball with it, but i do have a job to contend with.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:30 am

Miky, don't worry about it. Everybody gets waylaid by the 'real-world' from time to time! It's annoying but there are things more important than an internet forum.

Brady, fair enough if you want to make unpopular comments - nobody is saying you can't. But if you make them, you have to expect a strong response. I looked at your points about the timings and felt that due to the amount of effort something like this takes, I could understand and had no problem with it. I am guessing most other people have felt the same way!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 15 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm

Seriously though, is it ever coming back?!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Jun 2011, 1:04 pm

Its been around 6 weeks or so, not sure how difficult it could have been to post up the next question and answers anytime he's been on, the kids a gamer tho but its quite obvious he's lost intrest in this

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 15 Jun 2011, 1:08 pm

Poor Miky, he's got a good heart.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:33 pm

Well i have had to knock daily access on the head completely. I haven't lost interest in it i just haven't had time. I have only been getting in lateish so not had a chance.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:26 am

Vindication at last

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:43 am

Holymiky wrote:Well i have had to knock daily access on the head completely. I haven't lost interest in it i just haven't had time. I have only been getting in lateish so not had a chance.
well maybe its just me but if you're on long enough to make update threads and replies then maybe you're on long enough to post the next round..... just saying, anyway, even if you've not lost interest I certainly have and don't want involved anymore, still, good luck though when you ever get back to it.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

Truth is i may never get back to it? Sorry that i have other stuff to deal with. You should not judge me and i won't judge you.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:09 pm

After my exams finish I dont mind picking this back up?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:11 pm

Would probably be best if you restart this all up completely Gregers but that would be great. I mean a lot of people have left mid way through and some people have gone inactive also. Would be good if you could though mate.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:38 pm

If the truth is that you may never get back to it then why are you making a big deal about someone else saying the same thing, its been obvious for a long time now you lost interest and its clear why you lost interest, as for having outside activities, we all do but if people start a game and a lot of co-members put a lot of time and effort into making it a success then having the durability to see it through is the least I expect.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:41 pm

Well I might be able to restart this at some point. As I said either in July (after exams) or possibly after the summer in September time.

Alternatively, rather than running your mouth you could run it gaffer?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:49 pm

I can't promise I could devote enough time to it so I wouldn't take on the roll and risk letting fellow members down, simple logic really

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down