The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would you rank Marquez, Barrera & Morales against each other?

+13
azania
BALTIMORA
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Imperial Ghosty
Young_Towzer
BALMAB21
manos de piedra
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Rowley
88Chris05
Liam_Main
Fists of Fury
Valero's Conscience
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How would you rank Marquez, Barrera & Morales against each other? - Page 2 Empty How would you rank Marquez, Barrera & Morales against each other?

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 31 May 2011, 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Many appear to rank and favour Barrera and Morales over Marquez, however have your opinions changed since Barrera and Morales faded and Marquez continued at a higher level and also has it changed again since Morales effort against Maidana?

Personally I would rank them as follows:

1- Marquez
2- Morales
3- Barrera

I think it's very close between them all plus to me it's more the other 2's styles which favours them above Marquez by many.

Your thoughts?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

How would you rank Marquez, Barrera & Morales against each other? - Page 2 Empty Re: How would you rank Marquez, Barrera & Morales against each other?

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 31 May 2011, 9:37 pm

Group hug!!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

How would you rank Marquez, Barrera & Morales against each other? - Page 2 Empty Re: How would you rank Marquez, Barrera & Morales against each other?

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 31 May 2011, 9:51 pm

Steven_89 wrote:Cotto's miles, miles better than Marquez, who would of won if they fought a year ago at WW? Cotto would of destroyed him, then you'd of said 'Marquez isn't big enough' BORING, Pacquiao moved up.

So you describe Mayweather taking on Marquez at Welterweight as a 'joke fight', the type which is 'killing the sport', but then say that Cotto beating him at Welterweight would prove Cotto's greatness? Think that puts an end to your "I don't use double standards" claim.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 May 2011, 10:30 pm

Barrera
Morales
Marquez...

In that order........

Think they were all a step below the real great mexicanos like sanchez, Chavez etc.......

Morales just second....Struggle with Marco sometimes for being worked out by Junior..always thought true greats find a way.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 10:43 pm

So you describe Mayweather taking on Marquez at Welterweight as a 'joke fight', the type which is 'killing the sport', but then say that Cotto beating him at Welterweight would prove Cotto's greatness? Think that puts an end to your "I don't use double standards" claim.
as i said i aint going over old ground or arguing, Sugar Boy Sweetie, Imperial Ghosty and yourself refuse people an opinion, i'm not repeating myself, ciao.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 31 May 2011, 10:50 pm

Steven, Chris made a valid point. You can't deny that!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 31 May 2011, 10:50 pm

Steven_89 wrote:So you describe Mayweather taking on Marquez at Welterweight as a 'joke fight', the type which is 'killing the sport', but then say that Cotto beating him at Welterweight would prove Cotto's greatness? Think that puts an end to your "I don't use double standards" claim.
as i said i aint going over old ground or arguing, Sugar Boy Sweetie, Imperial Ghosty and yourself refuse people an opinion, i'm not repeating myself, ciao.

I'm not refusing anyone an opinion, simply pointing out that you've given two opinions which wildly contradict each other. You can give whatever opinions you like, but if you're (or anyone else) going to get aggressive and evasive as soon as someone challenges it, then what are we all doing on 606v2?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 May 2011, 10:51 pm

mate when you say Manny is quicker than Whittaker and Meldrick on another thread your cred is seriously threatened...

Hard to take you seriously..

although I'm trying my best..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 31 May 2011, 10:56 pm

Agreed Truss, never seen anyone come close to Taylors speed, his hands were a blur

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 May 2011, 11:05 pm

You're right Ghosty mate...fancy ruining him by putting him in with Norris????

Shocking...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 31 May 2011, 11:08 pm

He was ruined long before that but that really was the final nail in his coffin

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 11:14 pm

mate when you say Manny is quicker than Whittaker and Meldrick on another thread your cred is seriously threatened...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRmdNUWe0mM

not just faster, a lot faster

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 31 May 2011, 11:21 pm

I can picture Truss laughing his head off right about now

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 31 May 2011, 11:22 pm

There should be a rule that training footage isn't allowed to be used in arguments about anything other than how they train.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 31 May 2011, 11:28 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I can picture Truss laughing his head off right about now

With good reason, too.

Steven, as someone who has boxed yourself, I'd have thought you'd have more sense than to use some training footage of Pacquiao shadow boxing as 'evidence' of him apparently being faster in the hand department than Taylor or Whitaker. It's easy to look fast on your own, putting on an exhibition and when there is nobody opposite you, no other punches to react to and no lateral movement of an opponent to consider.

I think your desperation to make us place Pacquiao on the same pedestal you do has got the better of you there. Ridiculous example.

So far you've told us that Pacquiao would destroy Hearns at Welterweight (I give it three or four rounds before Hearns turns out the lights), that he'd demolish Pryor at 140 lb and that he'd prove too good for Arguello at any weight. As much as I like him, I think you badly overrate Pacquiao's abilities. What next - Pacquiao to slaughter Robinson at 147 lb? To knock ten bells out of McCallum at Light-Middleweight?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 11:28 pm

I can picture Truss laughing his head off right about now
can you picture the lottery numbers for saturday please?

the refuse an opinion brigade are laughable. I like and rate Meldrick Taylor and think he was a quality fighter, i have many of his fights on DVD particularly enjoy the Meekins, McGurt and Hooper fights. However, i think Manny had faster hands, end of story, you think Taylor did, fair enough. It's all opinions. However, i love Taylor as a fighter and think he was robbed against Chavez, still cant bare to watch that fight and i only seen the legendary nights doc 3 years or so ago.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 11:30 pm

So far you've told us that Pacquiao would destroy Hearns at Welterweight (I give it three or four rounds before Hearns turns out the lights), that he'd demolish Pryor at 140 lb and that he'd prove too good for Arguello at any weight. As much as I like him, I think you badly overrate Pacquiao's abilities. What next - Pacquiao to slaughter Robinson at 147 lb? To knock ten bells out of McCallum at Light-Middleweight?
Look up an opinion in the dictionary, i can't help but feel your on the wind up. I explain everything i say, so lets not try and make another BORING, TIRESOME DEBATE. McCallum, erm no he was the greatest light middleweight ever.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 31 May 2011, 11:32 pm

So your allowed an opinion but we're not?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 31 May 2011, 11:40 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:So your allowed an opinion but we're not?
Not really fair. He gets laughed at for saying he thinks Pacquiao had faster hands than Taylor, but didn't treat anyone in the same way for thinking the opposite.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 31 May 2011, 11:42 pm

Scott have you read the comments because you'll soon notice a very different tone to certain posters writing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 31 May 2011, 11:45 pm

I know but the guy clearly thinks he's being victimised as was reacting in kind.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 31 May 2011, 11:51 pm

I'm not taking sides here but I don't see what is so bad about saying Pac has faster hands than Taylor and Whittaker is that bad a statement to make? Pac has very fast hands and while I don't agree I don't think it's as outrageous a statement as is being made out.

If it wasn't Steven making it would the reaction be the same?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 31 May 2011, 11:52 pm

Group hug!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 31 May 2011, 11:53 pm

Don't know why I wasn't really invoved but I'm in. Hug
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:00 am

Yay! Hug

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:00 am

Erm, someone remind me, why are we suddenly feeling sorry for Stevey boy? He's a good poster when he wants to be, but let's not start acting as if he's some victim or as if us scoffing one or two of his opinions is a great injustice. I've lost count of the amount of times he's 'laughed' at someone's opinion himself, or responded with something like "LOL shut up clown, you're a joke."

Reap what you sow, and all that.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:01 am

Oh, and Hug
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:02 am

prettyboykev wrote:I'm not taking sides here but I don't see what is so bad about saying Pac has faster hands than Taylor and Whittaker is that bad a statement to make? Pac has very fast hands and while I don't agree I don't think it's as outrageous a statement as is being made out.

If it wasn't Steven making it would the reaction be the same?

Yes the reaction would be the same, Taylors handspeed against Chavez in particular was phenomenal and was at a level Pacquiao has yet to show, although the bigger problem for me is saying Pacquiao has much faster hands

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:06 am

88Chris05 wrote:Erm, someone remind me, why are we suddenly feeling sorry for Stevey boy? He's a good poster when he wants to be, but let's not start acting as if he's some victim or as if us scoffing one or two of his opinions is a great injustice. I've lost count of the amount of times he's 'laughed' at someone's opinion himself, or responded with something like "LOL shut up clown, you're a joke."

LOL shut up you clown.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:13 am

Scottrf wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Erm, someone remind me, why are we suddenly feeling sorry for Stevey boy? He's a good poster when he wants to be, but let's not start acting as if he's some victim or as if us scoffing one or two of his opinions is a great injustice. I've lost count of the amount of times he's 'laughed' at someone's opinion himself, or responded with something like "LOL shut up clown, you're a joke."

LOL shut up you clown.

Well, at least you didn't call me a joke as well!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2