The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

+40
Scott is Back
whocares
Marky
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Adam D
Nay
Geordie
Mat
Roller_Coaster
Azzy
monty junior
nadeem2099
JDizzle
dancingweeman
hampo17
88Chris05
Liam
lfc91
LivinginItaly
wheelchair1991
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
Wellington
westisbest
NickisBHAFC
Lowlandbrit
Duty281
Holymiky
Jermaine2015
Nico the gman
Hero
compelling and rich
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Ent
kingraf
Fernando
Nakatomi Plaza
Hammersmith harrier
Dolphin Ziggler
Crimey
44 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 - Page 10 Empty Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

Post by Crimey Tue 26 May 2015, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Now the season is over, the rumours begin!

Milner/Ings to Liverpool seems likely.
Benitez to Real Madrid, Bale staying.
Falcao is desperate to move to Chelsea.
Otamendi and Dani Alves to Manchester United.
Raheem Sterling to Arsenal

What else?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

Post by nadeem2099 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 12:27 pm

Sevilla bid 3mill for Stoke midfielder Steven N'Zonzi. Good kick with that Laugh
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

Post by monty junior Sun 21 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:West Ham have put in a £14 million bid for Marseille's Dmitri Payet. Bit of an exodus ongoing at Bielsa's side at the moment.

Yea, talking of Inter even with Kongdogbia they still want Imbula from Marseille as well.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun 21 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm

Azzy wrote:
Mat wrote:Sessegnon will be gone this summer anyway. Don't know why you'd want to keep two players who have been good servants but were now at best 5th choice to play in the centre of midfield.

McManaman was injured for the majority of time since joining in January. To say that Pulis doesn't like wingers is ridiculous, his two key players at Stoke were Etherington and Pennant, and then Bolasie and Puncheon at Palace. He didn't play them at Albion cos we've only had one fit wide player for the majority of his time(Brunt) and even then he's had to play left back on occassion.

Olly-Mulumbu was at his best for us as a box to box player alongside a more disciplined defensive midfielder, like Yacob or earlier on, Paul Scharner.
Not sure where you get 5th best from. I'd put our central midfield options in the following order: Gardner, Yacob, MULUMBU, Fletcher, Morrison, Dorrans, Baird, my mother, your gran, Brunt.

McManaman was fit for the last two months and barely featured. I also know that Jonas doesn't rate him and that he's not the hardest worker on the training ground. Pulis has demonstrated that he likes four CBs at the back, despite those CBs not being cut out for FB duty, and that he has no confidence in his wingers, despite having an abundance of wide players at his disposal. Etherington was only a key player for him because he could put a ball in. Pennant was atrocious for Stoke.

Mulumbu at his best is a dynamic box to box player. He's not a playmaker, he's not a finisher, but he can win a ball, is a walking yellow card, and makes for an effective combatant alongside a warrior-type DM. He does have a good pass on him but don't expect Luka Modric, expect Joe Allen.

I didn't say 5th best, I said fifth choice. Fletcher is clearly first choice, and has been a huge influence since he came in. Yacob was a key performer under Pulis and Morrison won player of the season. Then you've got Gardner, who was used heavily by Pulis albeit out of position. And as it is, I'd have rated Mulumbu as our fourth best central option, instead of Gardner.

Jonas who? Olsson? Not sure his opinion really counts for much in team selection. McManaman tore Felipe Luis apart in that final home game, and I think he'll be a big player for us this season. I won't disagree on the four CB's across the back, I imagine that's why we're after Mings, looking at the size of him.

Is that not the job of a winger to put a good ball in? I don't know how well he played at Stoke, but Pennant was a regular and you can't say he wasn't a winger, as is Etherington.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:12 am

Inter Milan signed France International Goeffrey Kongodbia for around 28 million pounds from Monaco.

Not sure of this, it's what they need but for a central midfielder, more defensively minded is a lot to pay for a team with no CL.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:23 pm

The Mail reckon Cech to Arsenal is done

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:29 pm

Sky saying Slyvain Distin is heading to Bournemouth. Good signing even at his age tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:38 pm

Distin is gone, absolutely gone nowadays. No legs & his final season at Everton was embarrassing.

We've set a price of £30m on Berahino, so he's not going anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:40 pm

Don't worry Liam, Liverpool are always around to waste 30m+ on English talent Whistle Even if Distin doesn't play much he will teach the CB's alot in training.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:49 pm

I'm Fernando wrote:Sky saying Slyvain Distin is heading to Bournemouth. Good signing even at his age tbh.
Legs have completely gone but as a squad player and even a mentor to the young players he could be a useful addition.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:55 pm

LiamB wrote:

We've set a price of £30m on Berahino, so he's not going anywhere.

I would rather pay £30m for Berahino than Sterling (even at £30m)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:09 pm

Luciano Vietto joins Atletico Madrid. Top signing, very impressive player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:13 pm

Get out of here Davey, there's no appletinis for you!

If Man United haven't made a move for Cech at all then they are foolish. Signing of the window this, great deal for Arsenal.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:26 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Get out of here Davey, there's no appletinis for you!

If Man United haven't made a move for Cech at all then they are foolish. Signing of the window this, great deal for Arsenal.

agreed, would have been my first choice if de gea does go. he's proven premier league keeper whos available cheap. perhaps he doesnt want to up root his family and stick in london

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:29 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Get out of here Davey, there's no appletinis for you!

Both are young and talented. Not much to choose between them except that Sterling thinks he is the best player in the world.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm

Sterling is far ahead of Berahino
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:33 pm

"Except that Sterling thinks he is the best player in the world"

Genuine lolz - FL-esque
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:48 pm

GSC wrote:Sterling is far ahead of Berahino

Maybe in your eyes, not many others. As an offensive option, I'd rather have Saido, than raheem. Saido scores more, better finisher & more composed, raheem is just another speed merchant who can't hit a barn door & is over hyped because he's at a bigger club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:58 pm

monty junior wrote:Inter Milan signed France International Goeffrey Kongodbia for around 28 million pounds from Monaco.

Not sure of this, it's what they need but for a central midfielder, more defensively minded is a lot to pay for a team with no CL.

I wonder if Mancini sees a little of Yaya Toure in Kondogbia, and may try to convert him to a box to box powerhouse, rather than a defensive midfielder.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:01 pm

LiamB wrote:

Maybe in your eyes, not many others. As an offensive option, I'd rather have Saido, than raheem. Saido scores more, better finisher & more composed, raheem is just another speed merchant who can't hit a barn door & is over hyped because he's at a bigger club.

I'd go along with that, they're both a-holes so it doesn't make much difference.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:24 pm

LiamB wrote:

That would make a ton of sense if one weren't a striker and the other a midfielder.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:27 pm

neither have proven anything yet for me, one good season and typical english mentality they both think they are superstars. i genuinely believe that anybody pays big bucks for them will prove a mistake. once they get the big pay rise its only going to reaffirm there opinion of themselves, and you wont get much improvement out of them

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:32 pm

GSC wrote:
LiamB wrote:

That would make a ton of sense if one weren't a striker and the other a midfielder.

You expect Liam to know that?!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:38 pm

They are what they are - both promising young players with potential to be great, to be honest I'd say Berahino's off field issues are far worse than Sterling's and also Sterling has been playing/proven to shown his potential at the highest level. Berahino hasn't.

Ultimately there's a reason one is at West Brom and the other has played at a World Cup, in the Champions League etc etc
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm

saido just hasnt been given the opportunity at that level, so that's a pointless statement. Gareth Bale has never played at a WC, yet Emile Heskey has........means nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:43 pm

Olly wrote:They are what they are - both promising young players with potential to be great, to be honest I'd say Berahino's off field issues are far worse than Sterling's and also Sterling has been playing/proven to shown his potential at the highest level. Berahino hasn't.

Ultimately there's a reason one is at West Brom and the other has played at a World Cup, in the Champions League etc etc

That reason being that one was bought by Liverpool as a youngster while the other came through the WBA youth system; the latter two are a result of the club he plays for.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:45 pm

LiamB wrote:saido just hasnt been given the opportunity at that level, so that's a pointless statement. Gareth Bale has never played at a WC, yet Emile Heskey has........means nothing.

Again, this would make sense if Heskey and Bale were the same nationality
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:45 pm

Newcastle linked with Joel Matip for £10m. Have no idea what to make of that. We're also not bidding for Charlie Austin because 'we think' he wants to stay in London, yet we don't really have any idea, so just holding off. Just f****** put a bid in!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:49 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Olly wrote:They are what they are - both promising young players with potential to be great, to be honest I'd say Berahino's off field issues are far worse than Sterling's and also Sterling has been playing/proven to shown his potential at the highest level. Berahino hasn't.

That reason being that one was bought by Liverpool as a youngster while the other came through the WBA youth system; the latter two are a result of the club he plays for.

I fail to see how being bought by (at the time) a big club is to Sterlings detriment
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:08 pm

Kind of the whole point ain't it...Sterling is more talented/more potential thus got snapped up by a "big club".
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:18 pm

Reports from Spain are suggesting that Jackson Martinez will replace Mario Mandzukic at Atletico. Another blow for AC Milan as they seemed to think they had sealed the deal last week.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:24 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:Reports from Spain are suggesting that Jackson Martinez will replace Mario Mandzukic at Atletico. Another blow for AC Milan as they seemed to think they had sealed the deal last week.

I thought that was already done...good signing for Atletico that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:27 pm

Luciano Vietto & Jackson Martinez on board for Simeone. Top signings, hopefully they will challenge again next season.

Southampton sign Maarten Stekelenburg on loan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm

Olly wrote:

Kind of the whole point ain't it...Sterling is more talented/more potential thus got snapped up by a "big club".
Not really, Berahino's family had a lot of influence on him during his teenage years, whereas Sterling was off having kids aged 16.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:47 pm

Sterling is better.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:47 am

Sterling is better than Saido without question. 

Both players are bell*nds mind.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:56 am

Yeah Saido, you're so selfish.

http://www.wateraid.org/uk/news/news/england-footballer-saido-berahino-becomes-a-wateraid-ambassador

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:34 pm

Nothing funnier than seeing a grown man cry because someone disagrees with him.

It's one of the reasons I'm enjoying seeing Sterling's already-poor reputation being ruined. He thinks he's God's gift to football and he's really not. Quite why City want him and Wilshere I'll never know.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:19 pm

Might be best to stick to things we cant worry about libel over.

I personally dont care about who is the most annoying when it comes to who is the better player. Berahino is a cracking player, but I'd be worried if he wasnt a better finisher considering hes a striker. Sterling is a bigger threat to a team, he carries the ball at pace and glides through and round people. I'm surprised that Saido isnt at a better club, but considering the climate and the need for homegrown players I think its a statement in itself that Berahino hasnt been snapped up.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Tue 23 Jun 2015, 5:03 pm

Azzy wrote:Nothing funnier than seeing a grown man cry because someone disagrees with him.

It's one of the reasons I'm enjoying seeing Sterling's already-poor reputation being ruined. He thinks he's God's gift to football and he's really not. Quite why City want him and Wilshere I'll never know.

I'd imagine City want Wilshere and Sterling because a) they need to boost their home-grown contingent and b) their squad needs refreshing, so it makes sense to try to bring in young players with bright futures.

I can't comment on either player's attitude, but both look like they'll be fixtures in the England team for the next 10 years. Frankly, I can't imagine why any top team wouldn't want them (English teams at least).

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 23 Jun 2015, 5:47 pm

If City want to boost their home-grown contingent, they should go out there and buy quality English players with good attitudes. Clyne, Delph, Barkley, Stones, Kane. Sterling and Wilshere both have suspect attitudes towards their careers and if I were Sheikh Mansoor I'd not invest so much money into two massive risks.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 23 Jun 2015, 6:23 pm

Injuries have held Wilshere back more than a poor attitude. I saw an interview with him before the Slovenia game, where he said he'll be starting pre-season training earlier then the rest of his colleagues as he doesn't need as much rest due to missing so much of last season.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 9:54 pm

Liverpool agree deal for firminho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:16 pm

He's not prolific, reason why he's ending up at Liverpool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm

Firminho isn't a striker, he's more of a no.10 or wide man, so was never going to be prolific. If he's replacing Sterling, then it's a good capture.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:33 pm

Educating Liam on the relative strike rates of strikers and wingers/AMs is a futile task.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:34 pm

Never seen this dude play but he has a rubbish name so he's already off on the wrong foot for me
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:34 pm

Think its a very good capture and shows Liverpool working at the better end of their target criteria.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm

I thought he'd go to a better team than Liverpool, great capture for then, he's better than Sterling anyway.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:07 pm

John wrote:Firminho isn't a striker, he's more of a no.10 or wide man, so was never going to be prolific. If he's replacing Sterling, then it's a good capture.

Yup, still good stats for such a position, pretty much a goal every two games the last two seasons in the Bundesliga and already 4 goals in 7 caps for Brazil.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:39 pm

At least Ramos to United gets to be the boom or bust transfer rumour of the summer.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next