The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Match Up

+7
RanjitPatel
88Chris05
AdamT
kingraf
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Herman Jaeger
11 posters

Go down

Fantasy Match Up Empty Fantasy Match Up

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 29 May 2015, 10:49 am

Wladimir Klitschko vs  Tyrell Biggs

The first and only boxer from the United States  to bring home Olympic gold in the super heavyweight division, Biggs said he never blamed his manager Shelly Finkel or his trainer Lou Duva for moving him along too quickly as a professional. Biggs beat Tyson as an amateur depriving Mike a place on the Olympic team but Mike beat Biggs up pretty badly in their title fight, some have said enough to steal Biggs's future.

Truss contends that Bruno would rule today, not sure I'd go along with that but how would a pre Tyson Biggs get on against the lumbering Kazakh? He certainly had the talent to do very well in say today's era.

Who wins?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Match Up Empty Re: Fantasy Match Up

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 May 2015, 11:02 am

Boxers from the 80's are better then present day boxers......................everyone knows that.....numpty

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 May 2015, 11:06 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Boxers from the 80's are better then present day boxers......................everyone knows that.....numpty

Also Wlad can't beat anyone, apart from everyone he has fought for the last 11 years, obviously, but apart from that he can't beat anyone.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 May 2015, 11:09 am

Ja but they weren't anyone. They were nobodies. Clearly
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 29 May 2015, 11:26 am

Wlad is an ATG Heavyweight. He can only beat what is put in front of Him. He isn't the greatest to watch but he gets the job the done.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 29 May 2015, 11:50 am

Biggs might have been the better rookie pro and talent after coming out of the Olympics, but I don't think he ever developed in to a fighter who could or would have beaten the more organised and assured version of Wladimir we've seen in recent years.

Wlad's gone on to become one of the better Heavyweight champions who's proved he can win at the highest level of his division consistently, albeit it hasn't been a golden era. Biggs never really developed beyond that talented rookie level. Biggs had a big heart and was perfectly build to be a formidable jab machine like Wladimir is, but he lacked power compared to Wlad and didn't have the same discipline, either. Not exactly sure how a fight would play out between them in terms of ebb and flow but I would take Wladimir to have enough to get the job done.

Can't match Truss' knowledge of the eighties Heavies but I have seen quite a bit of Biggs. I think he was unfortunate in a sense to come across THAT version of Tyson when he did fight him, as Tyson's performance that night was, for me, his best all-round boxing display, certainly better than the stinker against Smith and the one against Thomas where, that great finish aside, he didn't really shine either. Every aspect of Tyson's game was on song when he fought Biggs and Tyrell's corner should probably have pulled him out after five rounds or six at the latest.

Again, the beefster who might remember Biggs' first few pro outing after the 1984 Olympics can probably tell you all better, but I believe there were concerns that Biggs might already have regressed a shade even before the Tyson fight in some ways. As was the law for that crop of Heavies, he liked to party hard and his handlers were concerned that he was already abandoning his boxing skills and neglecting defence as shown with his war with David Bey (cracking fight, mind you) on the Tyson-Smith undercard. He brawled with Bey when he could have easily boxed him and picked up a pretty awful cut which sidelined him for a while - the idea was that he'd be Tyson's next opponent after Smith, but the cut put that idea on ice and the Tyson gig went to Thomas instead.

It was a similar cut which did him in against Damiani (who wasn't the joke he's sometimes made out to be, either) and I've not seen anything of him after that point, although most say that he gave Bowe a pretty decent argument further down the line. He was matched tough in his first two or three years as a professional and that, matched with the career-shortening beatdown at the hands of Tyson, the lack of discipline and also a bit of bad luck (as far as his propensity to cut is concerned) meant he's really just a 'what if?' story.

As I said, he was almost certainly a better fighter in the early goings of his career than Wlad, but that was as good as it got for Biggs. The more recent version of Wladimir would be too much and too good for him, I think.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 29 May 2015, 11:51 am

Lumbering is not a word I'd use to describe Wlad but there you go.

Wlad wins when he wants, points or ko, but on his terms. Might depend on German advertising how long it goes.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 29 May 2015, 1:02 pm

People tend to avoid the mentality of fighters and judge these fantasy matches purely on skill or talent but I have to include the mental fortitude of any fighter as to me it plays a huge part of the fighters make up.

Biggs was a very good un paid boxer with a lot of noise backing him up but he never had a strong enough mind to succeed in boxing which is most prob the reason he turned to drugs which really ruined not just his career but life as well.

He would loose to Wlad as the task would be too much I feel.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 29 May 2015, 1:16 pm

Kazakh?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 29 May 2015, 1:29 pm

Ukranian?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 May 2015, 3:14 pm

Tyrell Biggs ??????....................

Had no confidence.......Couldn't punch......Got beat up off David Bey before he got knackered.......Lost to Tyson and every decent heavy straight after....

One sided beat down for Wlad..............

Not the best matchup mate............

Should have gone with Witherspoon or someone.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 31 May 2015, 11:48 am

RanjitPatel wrote:Lumbering is not a word I'd use to describe Wlad but there you go.

Wlad wins when he wants, points or ko, but on his terms. Might depend on German advertising how long it goes.

Said more in jest than disparagingly.

C'mon, liven yourself up Ranji.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 31 May 2015, 12:36 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:
RanjitPatel wrote:Lumbering is not a word I'd use to describe Wlad but there you go.

Said more in jest than disparagingly.

C'mon, liven yourself up Ranji.

He's a faceless, boring, stinking, mauling Euro stiff who like Jess Willard and Primo was lucky with his timing.....

Unfortunately when Joshua stiffens him he won't have his brother to sort him out for him !!...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Tue 09 Jun 2015, 11:20 pm

Just finished watching another 'fantasy match up' in the shape of Stallone vs De Niro in 'Grudge Match'.
Utter garbage. I'd sooner recommend a Ruiz highlight reel.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down