The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O2 Card

+5
mobilemaster8
Hammersmith harrier
TopHat24/7
Seanusarrilius
hampo17
9 posters

Go down

O2 Card Empty O2 Card

Post by hampo17 Fri May 29, 2015 4:05 pm

The weigh in has just happened, Linares came in 4oz overweight. Have to feel Mitchell will never get a better chance to win a strap now.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

O2 Card Empty Re: O2 Card

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri May 29, 2015 4:47 pm

If he doesn't do it now, he may never. Just hit Linares until his face busts up!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri May 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Will Linares be stripped regardless of the result or will he get to keep the belt even if he wins?

Mitchell will go down as one of the worst world champs ever if he comes through this. Anotehr bum (bit harsh) for Vasquez to feast on.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri May 29, 2015 5:01 pm

You do know that Vasquez recently lost and I doubt anyone capable of beating Linares could ever be described as being one of the worst world champions ever.

Linares reweighed in inside the limit.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 5:05 pm

Mitchell looks gaunt but not as bad as Selby...f**k me lad, which training camp did you use...Belsen?

Brook looks in great nick as usual, even Gavin looks in better shape than he has for a while but I doubt it will be enough for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri May 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You do know that Vasquez recently lost and I doubt anyone capable of beating Linares could ever be described as being one of the worst world champions ever.

Linares reweighed in inside the limit.

And? Vasquez feasted on bums and had some idiots claiming greatness as a result.

And a guy that gets wiped out by Kats & Burns in short order is a terrible example of a champion.

Whole division looks pretty poor right now to be honest. As does SFW (still). Someone like Walters must be licking his lips at the opportunity to become a triple weight world champ.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri May 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Super Featherweight being spearheaded by a pair of brilliant Japanese boxers is in a terrible state you are right, whereas it was only Gerry who rated Vasquez highly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri May 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Not a great fan of Linares. He ain't on a great run of form currently. Mitchel to win inside 5.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri May 29, 2015 9:08 pm

One of the most talented boxers of his generation, and unbeaten in 3 years. Not sure where the  'not on a great run of form' comes from, moby.

That said, he hasn't fought anyone decent in that time and he's so chinny Mitchell could knock him over with a fart. Struggling to make weight helps Mitchell, but if linares is half the fighter he was 5 years ago Mitchell is going to have his work cut out unless he lands a big one.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri May 29, 2015 10:41 pm

That's what I meant milky. His past has been fantastic multi weight world champion great fighter but he IS chinny has been dropped and stopped and his last few years have been campaigning in Japan or something as far as I know, against no hopes....but he could roll back the years and put on a clinic.

I just feel Hearn is a good matchmaker when he wants to be......if Linares of 4 years ago was still knocking around, Mitchell wouldn't have gone near him.

I think they sense the time is right, the name is big and their going to capitalize.

I think Mitchell will.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat May 30, 2015 9:26 am

Mitchell should win this. Dont expect the judges to be as fair as they were for Brook and DeGale when they fought away from home

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat May 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Nothing on this card is ppv worthy imo but against my better judgement and because I don't particularly dislike Eddy(well he hasn't been too smarmy lately,) I think I might just buy this one.

Only because I want to see Selby win and would like to see Mitchell do well. Neutral on everything else.

Good card, not ppv worthy, lots of good fights, could happily catch all these on replay but it's not a lot of money is it.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat May 30, 2015 9:07 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:That's what I meant milky. His past has been fantastic multi weight world champion great fighter but he IS chinny has been dropped and stopped and his last few years have been campaigning in Japan or something as far as I know, against no hopes....but he could roll back the years and put on a clinic.

I just feel Hearn is a good matchmaker when he wants to be......if Linares of 4 years ago was still knocking around, Mitchell wouldn't have gone near him.

I think they sense the time is right, the name is big and their going to capitalize.

I think Mitchell will.

You may be right, moby, I haven't seen linares lately... One of my favourite fighters to watch at his best. Whichever, we're about to find out.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Super Featherweight being spearheaded by a pair of brilliant Japanese boxers is in a terrible state you are right, whereas it was only Gerry who rated Vasquez highly.

Brilliant in their back garden with barely a significant name on their CV's (apart from each other). When the Japs start fighting more than 10 mins from home, I'll start bothering to care....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:12 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Super Featherweight being spearheaded by a pair of brilliant Japanese boxers is in a terrible state you are right, whereas it was only Gerry who rated Vasquez highly.

Brilliant in their back garden with barely a significant name on their CV's (apart from each other).  When the Japs start fighting more than 10 mins from home, I'll start bothering to care....

You mean when you've heard of them...............You'll start bothering to care !! laughing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:42 am

And if they fought outside their back garden, I would have.

If they're not willing to challenge themselves and travel, a) why should I care? and b) how can they be regarded as great??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:53 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Brilliant in their back garden with barely a significant name on their CV's (apart from each other).  When the Japs start fighting more than 10 mins from home, I'll start bothering to care....

Why should they as champions travel when they've beaten the best the division has to offer at home where they make their money, it's absurd that the far eastern fighters get treated differently to everyone else. In short though Toppy you've never watched them and haven't even heard of them so assume they're no good.

Uchiyama has the best right hand below lightweight and Miura has one of the best left hands around.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:16 pm

The best their division has to offer? Have they?? Wasn't Gamboa in their division at one point? And Mikey Garcia?

They're the only names I can think of off the top of my head. Unless you want to count Ricky Burns.

But looking at Boxrec (sorry), they don't seem to have fought any of the other 'top names' either (Vargas, Fortuna, Martinez).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:39 pm

The top notch Boxrec rankings where Fortuna has this weekend achieved such a lofty position which was once held by the Uchiyama vanquished Vasquez. Garcia was at the weight for two fights before disappearing as was Gamboa, both of who targeted easy options in the divison.

You seem to be forgetting that rankings do change and whilst Salgado and Thompson are no longer in the top five they were at the time they were beaten, it's not as if the pair are actively avoiding challenges.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down