The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site has really gone down hill

+21
George Carlin
The Saint
Gwlad
Hoonercat
LondonTiger
beshocked
Fanster
BamBam
rodders
gregortree
WELL-PAST-IT
LordDowlais
SecretFly
Jimpy
Cyril
TJ
HammerofThunor
lostinwales
RuggerRadge2611
Geordie
TightHEAD
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This site has really gone down hill Empty This site has really gone down hill

Post by TightHEAD Tue 2 Jun - 9:57

Are only the select few now aloud to comment?

Why was my post removed as it was worthy of debate compared to some of the tripe here these days.

TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

This site has really gone down hill Empty Re: This site has really gone down hill

Post by Geordie Tue 2 Jun - 9:59

Depends what you said.

Too many on here just come to WUM it and detract from genuine debates.

Was your comment one of those?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

This site has really gone down hill Empty Re: This site has really gone down hill

Post by TightHEAD Tue 2 Jun - 10:00

No

TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 2 Jun - 10:26

I do feel sorry for the Mods on here. They get slated for not acting and slated when they do act.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 2 Jun - 10:32

TightHEAD wrote:No

Im guessing that's probably a debate in itself....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 2 Jun - 10:37

GeordieFalcon wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:No

Im guessing that's probably a debate in itself....

'Everybody else WUMS, I merely comment....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 2 Jun - 10:41

Find somewhere else to go then. There are plenty of forums out there to make you opinions heard. I've never really understood the self-entitlement some people seem to have for places like these. I could understand it for the old BBC site because it was license payers money, but on any bog standard forum? Just go.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 2 Jun - 10:48

Edited for confusion ( mine)

What did you post? Moderation is a tricky balancing act

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 2 Jun - 10:53

It's ok folks. In the time of its greatest need the forum's saviour will return to restore peace and prosperity.

I understand he 're-joined' recently.

Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Tue 2 Jun - 10:54

TJ wrote:Edited for confusion ( mine)

What did you post?  Moderation is a tricky balancing act

Seriously?

Knowing him, it was probably a pathetic reference to either a Leicester Tigers player, the club itself, or childish schadenfreude (Sp?) regarding an England player. The irony of the article's title almost has it's own gravitational pull.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 2 Jun - 12:06

Cyril wrote:It's ok folks. In the time of its greatest need the forum's saviour will return to restore peace and prosperity.

Smile

Warming up for the WC?

What's the name?

Old Greyhame wasn't actually the worst....in my opinion.  I appreciate he drove other people Nuts!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 2 Jun - 12:31

SecretFly wrote:
Cyril wrote:It's ok folks. In the time of its greatest need the forum's saviour will return to restore peace and prosperity.

Smile

Warming up for the WC?

What's the name?

Old Greyhame wasn't actually the worst....in my opinion.  I appreciate he drove other people Nuts!

Well we all have our 'favourites' but when I have a look at the very short list of accounts that I have marked as 'foe' it turns out that they are all him. He is smart, which is a good thing, and which meant that the WUMS could start very subtly , but the control freakery/ misrepresentation of evidence and 'facts' and obsessional overdrive were too much for me. Idiots who just type negative tripe all the time are irritating but often laughable.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 2 Jun - 12:35

lostinwales wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Smile

Warming up for the WC?

What's the name?

Well we all have our 'favourites' but when I have a look at the very short list of accounts that I have marked as 'foe' it turns out that they are all him. He is smart, which is a good thing, and which meant that the WUMS could start very subtly , but the control freakery/ misrepresentation of evidence and 'facts' and obsessional overdrive were too much for me. Idiots who just type negative tripe all the time are irritating but often laughable.

This is just association. There is no evidence to back these accusations up is there?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 2 Jun - 12:56

The MODS and admins have came on here and told us that it is not the same person, this really needs to be let go now.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Tue 2 Jun - 12:59

Smile

Spooky, I was thinking that as well
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 2 Jun - 13:01

LordDowlais wrote:The MODS and admins have came on here and told us that it is not the same person, this really needs to be let go now.

Who is allegedly not the same person?

You all keep so many secrets to yourselves. Open up, don't be shy, we're all enemies here...... Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 2 Jun - 13:08

There is no solid evidence that the new poster is the same as the multi accounted ghostly one, and there are comments from the mods saying that the new account is 'clean'. As said elsewhere I get suspicious when there is a brand new poster who seems to know the structure of the site, writes well and very frequently, and starts straying into some contentious areas.

If it is our favorite poster then it will be evident soon enough.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 2 Jun - 13:12

maybe it was spelling Shocked

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Tue 2 Jun - 13:32

LordDowlais wrote:The MODS and admins have came on here and told us that it is not the same person, this really needs to be let go now.

You're only as good as your last IP address, know what I mean?....

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 2 Jun - 13:37

I think people should speak on this topic.

I'm totally lost.

I'm assuming certain parties are accusing a new poster of being Grey Ghost, hence all these ghost icons. ghost ghost ghost

Get some testicular fortitude and talk about this. Being a Scottish poster I never really has any run ins with him, I am aware of his involvement with other posters on here in the past and he seems to have a certain reputation with English posters.

Was he a troll? Was he wrong? Was he rude? Did he make stuff up?

What's the problem with him?

Also what evidence is there that this "new poster" is him? What are the similarities?

He is reaching mythical status on these boards and TBH I am baffled by the whole thing.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 2 Jun - 14:07

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I think people should speak on this topic.

I'm totally lost.

I'm assuming certain parties are accusing a new poster of being Grey Ghost, hence all these ghost icons. ghost ghost ghost

Get some testicular fortitude and talk about this. Being a Scottish poster I never really has any run ins with him, I am aware of his involvement with other posters on here in the past and he seems to have a certain reputation with English posters.

Also what evidence is there that this "new poster" is him? What are the similarities?

He is reaching mythical status on these boards and TBH I am baffled by the whole thing.

cba to try and break up the quote to answer each question next to the question, thingy...

Anyway, in order.

He was a troll. At least initially a particularly devious one. He also used to regularly reappear on this site in a different guise. One of the funniest was when he claimed to be an Argentinian. He could be rude but rarely in a straight to the face way. He did make stuff up, but often it was close to reality just shifted a little to support whatever messed up idea he was pushing, or he misused evidence.

He dominated a lot of threads, particularly when he got going. He'd derail thread after thread, and he would start plenty more which always seemed to suggest something about England in particular was crap, or whatever got him excited at the time. It came across as either some kind of weird experiment or an actual compulsion.

As I have said before the only accounts I have actively used the 'foe' option for were always him. Posters like Gwlad are irritating but only in a tedious kind of way. 

The similarities with the new poster for me are the frequency of posting and the high quality of language. If we are lucky we have a new member who can write and is super active (maybe not superfly active, or at least I hope not, one of those is plenty enough Smile ). If we are not we will find out soon enough.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 2 Jun - 14:18

I'm totally lost.

Blatterspeak of the highest order!

Are you hiding him?

Are you covering up for him?

Are you his f**king agent!?

Speak up and own up! Evasionary "I don't know what's yis are all on about" soundbites sound pretty damned suspicious to me, Rugger.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 2 Jun - 14:21

I'm in deep cover. A bit like Sonny Crocket in Miami Vice...

"I'm in so deep I have forgotten which way is up"
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 2 Jun - 14:39

lostinwales wrote:

I'm totally lost.

cba to try and break up the quote to answer each question next to the question, thingy...

Anyway, in order.

He was a troll. At least initially a particularly devious one. He also used to regularly reappear on this site in a different guise. One of the funniest was when he claimed to be an Argentinian. He could be rude but rarely in a straight to the face way. He did make stuff up, but often it was close to reality just shifted a little to support whatever messed up idea he was pushing, or he misused evidence.

He dominated a lot of threads, particularly when he got going. He'd derail thread after thread, and he would start plenty more which always seemed to suggest something about England in particular was crap, or whatever got him excited at the time. It came across as either some kind of weird experiment or an actual compulsion.

As I have said before the only accounts I have actively used the 'foe' option for were always him. Posters like Gwlad are irritating but only in a tedious kind of way. 

The similarities with the new poster for me are the frequency of posting and the high quality of language. If we are lucky we have a new member who can write and is super active (maybe not superfly active, or at least I hope not, one of those is plenty enough Smile ). If we are not we will find out soon enough.

Japanese I think. All the posts looked like they have been run through a converter to some language and then back again to give it the 'broken' look. Of course that dropped off when he was excited about something.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 2 Jun - 15:12

'Combinators' was a favourite of that particular account.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 2 Jun - 15:59

I think you are getting AWOP, who sadly perished in a freak bus accident, with Argiefan.

Great guys, you don't get the same international interest these days.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 2 Jun - 16:11

Ooo I'm intrigued, someone tell me who the suspected party is!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Tue 2 Jun - 16:11

Wow!

Is this level of paranoia usual for this site or do I genuinely sound like a bad poster of old?
I'm guessing this accusation is aimed at me again? I only posted twice before being accused of being an old poster trying to wind everyone up.

Compared to some sites I have visited recently I think there is actually a lot of knowledge here, and far less threats and insults.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 2 Jun - 16:21

Fanster can't speak for anyone else but I don't believe it is you being referred to.

Pretty sure grey ghost in his new alias can be found posting on the England threads frequently.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 2 Jun - 16:23

Fanster wrote:Wow!

Is this level of paranoia usual for this site or do I genuinely sound like a bad poster of old?
I'm guessing this accusation is aimed at me again? I only posted twice before being accused of being an old poster trying to wind everyone up.

Compared to some sites I have visited recently I think there is actually a lot of knowledge here, and far less threats and insults.

Just because we are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get us.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Tue 2 Jun - 16:24

Sorry, maybe it is me who is paranoid?

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 2 Jun - 16:29

rodders wrote:I think you are getting AWOP, who sadly perished in a freak bus accident, with Argiefan.

Great guys, you don't get the same international interest these days.

Ah yes. I was confused because my favourite was AWOP (before dropped the faked bad English, usually in response to a dig at McCaw).

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 2 Jun - 16:35

Ah AWOP, he would always try and start a bunfight between the Welsh and the English, then sit back in his chair whilst stroking a white fluffy cat and laugh his head off as this place erupted. God I miss him.

Oh and before that we had Hersh, he actually went famous, he got mentions on Scrum V and he was mentioned by Brian Moore whilst commentating on an England 6N game, and then there was that "I hate Hersh" sign somebody held up at Welford Road. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 2 Jun - 16:37

AWOP of course was GG, while HERSH was, well just HERSH.

HERSH has been with us in other guises and well is still here I think.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 2 Jun - 16:40

Hersh is still here yes. Don't have to look too far for him

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoonercat Tue 2 Jun - 16:44

Break out the pitch forks and burn the newbie mad

No, wait... Doh

Hoonercat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 2 Jun - 16:52

laughing All you boys and GG man crush, like giggling teenage girls because you all miss him cos he had everyone on their toes.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 2 Jun - 16:55

He was alright when he first got going with a new persona but it quickly became tedious when the mask started slipping. Then it just became a boring wait until he was banned again ready to start the next phase.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 2 Jun - 17:00

606v2: We have found a noob! (A noob! a noob!)
Burn her burn her!

Cyril: We have found a noob, may we burn her?
(cheers)
RDWScotland: How do you known she is a noob?
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: She looks like one!
RDWSCOTLAND: Bring her forward
(advance)
New Poster: I'm not a noob! I'm not a noob!
RDWSCOTLAND: ehh... but you are dressed like one.
NEW POSTER: They dressed me up like this!
All: naah no we didn't... no.
NEW POSTER: And this isn't my nose, it's a false one.
(RDWSCOTLAND lifts up carrot)
RDWSCOTLAND: Well?
CYRIL: Well we did do the nose
RDWSCOTLAND: The nose?
CYRIL: ...And the hat, but she is a noob!
(all: yeah, burn her burn her!)
RDWSCOTLAND: Did you dress her up like this?
CYRIL: No! (no no... no) Yes. (yes yeah) a bit (a bit bit a bit) But she has got a wart!
(RODDERS points at wart)
RDWSCOTLAND: What makes you think she is a noob?
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: Well, she turned me into a newt!
RDWSCOTLAND: A newt?!
(HAMMEROFTHUNOR pause & look around)
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: I got better.
(pause)
RODDERS: Burn her anyway! (burn her burn her burn!)
(Notch walks in)
RDWSCOTLAND: There are ways of telling whether she is a noob.
CYRIL: Are there? Well then tell us! (tell us)
RDWSCOTLAND: Tell me... what do you do with noobs?
RODDERS: Burn'em! Burn them up! (burn burn burn)
RDWSCOTLAND: What do you burn apart from noobs?
CYRIL: More noobs! (HAMMEROFTHUNOR nudge CYRIL)
(pause)
RODDERS: Wood!
RDWSCOTLAND: So, why do noobs burn?
(long pause)
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: Cuz they're made of... wood?
RDWSCOTLAND: Gooood.
(crowd congratulates HAMMEROFTHUNOR)
RDWSCOTLAND: So, how do we tell if she is made of wood?
CYRIL: Build a bridge out of her!
RDWSCOTLAND: Ahh, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?
CYRIL: Oh yeah...
RDWSCOTLAND: Does wood sink in water?
CYRIL: No
RODDERS: No. It floats!
CYRIL: Let's throw her into the bog! (yeah yeah ya!)
RDWSCOTLAND: What also floats in water?
CYRIL: Bread
RODDERS: Apples
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: Very small rocks
(RDWSCOTLAND looks annoyed)
CYRIL: Cider
RODDERS: Grape gravy
CYRIL: Cherries
RODDERS: Mud
Notch: A Duck!
(all look and stare at king)
RDWSCOTLAND: Exactly! So, logically...
CYRIL(thinking): If she ways the same as a duck... she's made of wood!
RDWSCOTLAND: And therefore,
(pause & think)
RODDERS: A noob! (CYRIL: a noob)(HAMMEROFTHUNOR: a noob)(all: a noob!)
RDWSCOTLAND: We shall use my largest scales.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 2 Jun - 17:02

It's Gwlad duh......Glwad is GG if you hadn't guessed already.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 2 Jun - 17:21

beshocked wrote:It's Gwlad duh......Glwad is GG if you hadn't guessed already.

I BE SHOCKED Shocked

Damn your eyes, tis not I.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 2 Jun - 19:19

He already had his turn as a Welsh poster, can't remember the name exactly. Maybe he wants to try Irish next?

What about old Saint WLG? He was a great poster.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 2 Jun - 19:34

I think we all accept its not you now Fanster I think someone else is under suspicion.

Gray Ghost was very disruptive on here and was banned under several different names

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 2 Jun - 19:53

The Saint wrote:He already had his turn as a Welsh poster, can't remember the name exactly. Maybe he wants to try Irish next?

What about old Saint WLG? He was a great poster.

Who the feck would want to be an Irish poster on this site? The lowest of the low class in these parts Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 2 Jun - 20:24

LondonTiger wrote:606v2: We have found a noob! (A noob! a noob!)
Burn her burn her!

Cyril: We have found a noob, may we burn her?
(cheers)
RDWScotland: How do you known she is a noob?
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: She looks like one!
RDWSCOTLAND: Bring her forward
(advance)
New Poster: I'm not a noob! I'm not a noob!
RDWSCOTLAND: ehh... but you are dressed like one.
NEW POSTER: They dressed me up like this!
All: naah no we didn't... no.
NEW POSTER: And this isn't my nose, it's a false one.
(RDWSCOTLAND lifts up carrot)
RDWSCOTLAND: Well?
CYRIL: Well we did do the nose
RDWSCOTLAND: The nose?
CYRIL: ...And the hat, but she is a noob!
(all: yeah, burn her burn her!)
RDWSCOTLAND: Did you dress her up like this?
CYRIL: No! (no no... no) Yes. (yes yeah) a bit (a bit bit a bit) But she has got a wart!
(RODDERS points at wart)
RDWSCOTLAND: What makes you think she is a noob?
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: Well, she turned me into a newt!
RDWSCOTLAND: A newt?!
(HAMMEROFTHUNOR pause & look around)
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: I got better.
(pause)
RODDERS: Burn her anyway! (burn her burn her burn!)
(Notch walks in)
RDWSCOTLAND: There are ways of telling whether she is a noob.
CYRIL: Are there? Well then tell us! (tell us)
RDWSCOTLAND: Tell me... what do you do with noobs?
RODDERS: Burn'em! Burn them up! (burn burn burn)
RDWSCOTLAND: What do you burn apart from noobs?
CYRIL: More noobs! (HAMMEROFTHUNOR nudge CYRIL)
(pause)
RODDERS: Wood!
RDWSCOTLAND: So, why do noobs burn?
(long pause)
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: Cuz they're made of... wood?
RDWSCOTLAND: Gooood.
(crowd congratulates HAMMEROFTHUNOR)
RDWSCOTLAND: So, how do we tell if she is made of wood?
CYRIL: Build a bridge out of her!
RDWSCOTLAND: Ahh, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?
CYRIL: Oh yeah...
RDWSCOTLAND: Does wood sink in water?
CYRIL: No
RODDERS: No. It floats!
CYRIL: Let's throw her into the bog! (yeah yeah ya!)
RDWSCOTLAND: What also floats in water?
CYRIL: Bread
RODDERS: Apples
HAMMEROFTHUNOR: Very small rocks
(RDWSCOTLAND looks annoyed)
CYRIL: Cider
RODDERS: Grape gravy
CYRIL: Cherries
RODDERS: Mud
Notch: A Duck!
(all look and stare at king)
RDWSCOTLAND: Exactly! So, logically...
CYRIL(thinking): If she ways the same as a duck... she's made of wood!
RDWSCOTLAND: And therefore,
(pause & think)
RODDERS: A noob! (CYRIL: a noob)(HAMMEROFTHUNOR: a noob)(all: a noob!)
RDWSCOTLAND: We shall use my largest scales.
Laugh clap had forgotton all about that:

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 2 Jun - 20:38

Python logic is actually quite popular hereaways.... Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 2 Jun - 21:05

Gwlad wrote:

I BE SHOCKED  Shocked

Moffets ghost reincarnated? Laugh
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 3 Jun - 10:44

LordDowlais wrote:Ah AWOP, he would always try and start a bunfight between the Welsh and the English, then sit back in his chair whilst stroking a white fluffy cat and laugh his head off as this place erupted. God I miss him.

I remember having a little "row" with AWOP when he first appeared, only to be told by other posters that I should be more tolerant of our friends on here who were not native English speakers. Ah well....... Hug
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 3 Jun - 10:47

Breadvan wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

I BE SHOCKED  Shocked

Moffets ghost reincarnated? Laugh
Moffet's Ghost? There's a blast from the past. Not in a good way.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 3 Jun - 10:57

Way off the mark. Gwlad is however, Walter Mitty. Allegedly a psychologist and former policeman, we await with baited breath to hear of his further exploits as Soldier 'T' SAS, the pilot of MH370 and Ron Jeremy's fluffer.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next