The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+32
Derbymanc
BamBam
Hero
Azzy
GSC
gw
Pr4wn
RuggerRadge2611
SecretFly
Hoggy_Bear
Ent
James_182
McLaren
guildfordbat
Dolphin Ziggler
Alistair
TwisT
Steffan
Galted
dummy_half
superflyweight
navyblueshorts
seanmichaels
Rowley
Lowlandbrit
ShahenshahG
TopHat24/7
Nakatomi Plaza
milkyboy
Gentleman01
Duty281
wheelchair1991
36 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 17 Empty Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jun 2015, 3:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Turn up for the books.............The hard left guy gets on the ballot for the Labour leadership !!....Managed to bag 35 nominations although some were chucked at him by Burnham who will no doubt pick up many of his second preferences...........

Corbyn has no chance....

However it means one of the other three is likely to get hurt in the first round..........Corbyn no doubt will hoover up the extreme nutty left of which there are no doubt plenty in the Labour party and will probably get enough to take him through the first round !!...

(Cruddas finished top in the 2007 Deputy leader race after the first round (He was the "left" candidate)...Of course Harman and Johnson did better as the rounds progresses with second prefs...)

That means one of the three favorites is likely to be eliminated first..................

Latest odds............

Burnham 10/11
Kendall 5/2
Cooper 3/1
Corbyn 66/1 .................

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 17 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Pr4wn Fri 04 Dec 2015, 11:15 am

Nigel's goose is cooked and UKIP are in serious danger of coming across as the crackpot tinfoil hat party.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 17 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:05 pm

further to previous posts, it seems that there weren't actually any polls conducted for this byelection, which means that the only consensus we had was from the media. I feel this supports my point about media bias against Corbyn trying to push this as being much closer than what it was.

Interesting that suddenly this morning it's become 'a win for the local candidate' and 'nothing to do with Corbyn'. Would be surprised if that had been the rhetoric used had the result been closer or UKIP - shudder - won...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:14 pm

To be honest if the media laid off him, there's a chance he'd actually make it to a GE, so you should really be thankful
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:18 pm

Hardly surprising though, is it? Newspapers owned by tax-dodging, non-dom billionaires don't like a politician that supports wider distribution of wealth.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:32 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:I feel this supports my point about media bias against Corbyn trying to push this as being much closer than what it was.
I have a suspicion it's not so much a media campaign as a PLP campaign using the media to be honest.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:33 pm

PLP?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:33 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Nigel's goose is cooked and UKIP are in serious danger of coming across as the crackpot tinfoil hat party.

Are in?
Have they ever been anything else?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:36 pm

Sorry mind went blank for a moment

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:41 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:PLP?
Parliamentary Labour Party (Labour MPs). They didn't vote for him, they don't like him, and they've got plenty of access to the press.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:51 pm

yes but the press don't have to run with it. They could run with the amount of U-turns the Tories have been doing recently, or our Prime Minister calling those who disagree with him "terrorist sympathisers". Or indeed the recent bullying scandal which led to someone committing suicide. Speaking of deaths, did you know that between 2011 and 2014 2,380 people (90 people a month) died shortly (within two weeks) after being declared "fit for work" by the DWP in order to meet demands for benefit cuts? Probably not...

Last edited by Mad for Chelsea on Fri 04 Dec 2015, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got my facts mixed up)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 04 Dec 2015, 1:01 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:yes but the press don't have to run with it.
Of course they don't, but I suspect people in Westminster are being a lot less generous with their time and opinions on those other matters. Not saying it's right, but why dig if you're already being handed dirt?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 04 Dec 2015, 1:42 pm

Reality is likely tame reporters on both sides are probably being handed Corbyn on a plate, as Lowlandbrit says, why do the effort when you get handed a story
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 2:31 pm

Some Corbynistas on here I see, not surprising from this forum....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 04 Dec 2015, 2:38 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:yes but the press don't have to run with it. They could run with the amount of U-turns the Tories have been doing recently, or our Prime Minister calling those who disagree with him "terrorist sympathisers". Or indeed the recent bullying scandal which led to someone committing suicide. Speaking of deaths, did you know that between 2011 and 2014 2,380 people (90 people a month) died shortly (within two weeks) after being declared "fit for work" by the DWP in order to meet demands for benefit cuts? Probably not...
What is the going rate for the same number of people of a similar health dying within a specific two week period?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 2:46 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:yes but the press don't have to run with it. They could run with the amount of U-turns the Tories have been doing recently, or our Prime Minister calling those who disagree with him "terrorist sympathisers". Or indeed the recent bullying scandal which led to someone committing suicide. Speaking of deaths, did you know that between 2011 and 2014 2,380 people (90 people a month) died shortly (within two weeks) after being declared "fit for work" by the DWP in order to meet demands for benefit cuts? Probably not...

I like him mad as an individual. ..He seems like the caring sort in a world full of me types..

But he is too left my friend...and he hasn't the smarts or image in a PR age...

You'll need to let him go and compromise my friend...He isn't a winner.

I'd like to vote Labour. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 04 Dec 2015, 2:50 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Some Corbynistas on here I see, not surprising from this forum....

Don't be a cretin. I don't know what bitterness ails you but you can disagree with one thing without necessarily agreeing with the opposite. Corbyn isn't an ideal leader but some of the rubbish in the media is so transparently stupid that it's always going to be a talking point.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 3:00 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Some Corbynistas on here I see, not surprising from this forum....

Don't be a cretin. I don't know what bitterness ails you but you can disagree with one thing without necessarily agreeing with the opposite. Corbyn isn't an ideal leader but some of the rubbish in the media is so transparently stupid that it's always going to be a talking point.

Not sure why balance is required from me in response to biaised pro-Corbyn posts from others...??

Yes he gets media stick, but a lot of it is justified and accurate, and a fair bit is rubbish or superflous (e.g. the Diane Abbott stuff). He was voted in by a minority. He's never had party backing. Labour were trounced at the GE for being to left and anti-prosperity and he comes in ever further left and further anti-achievement. Would love a snap GE now, see how much the actual public of GB, en masse, reject him.

But I don't think he's ever got as much stick as DC for pig-gate. DC was quite widely rounded on for his silly 'sympathiser' comments too.

They way this forum reads at times, you'd think Corbyn had never put a foot wrong and the whole world was against him but blowing smoke up DC's arris 24/7.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 04 Dec 2015, 3:10 pm

Media says this is a test of Corbyns leadership. Labour smash it media say it's in spite of corbyn and calling them out on this is biased towards corbyn?

The only partisan one is you despite being f*cked in the a*se twice this year by Osborne. Even still you start foaming at the mouth at anything said that might be against Tory ideals. As for pig gate of course he was going to get abuse from that but I'll remind you that Corbyn rose above that and didn't mention it once in any derogatory manner. Like I said I don't think corbyn is an ideal leader but no reason to get rabid whenever anything is posted slightly in his favour.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 3:15 pm

Corbyn has had more personal flak than any politician I can remember.  Here or back home..

Maybe Gary Hart..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:17 pm

Oh Toppy give over. Totally different kind of stick. Jeremy Corbyn has never, to my knowledge, inserted his Winkle into a dead animal.

However, the criticism directed towards him is far more sinister. He's labeled as a terrorist sympathiser by the predominantly right-wing media when all he's tried to do is get various parties around the negotiating table, rather than bomb the cr@p out of them. Just like the Mail piece on Ed's father hating England, a lot of it is verging on being libelous.

And all because the Sun, Mail, Telegraph, Times etc are owned by tax-dodging, sponging, self-interested billionaires. They've been undermining him since the very beginning.

Meanwhile, our Prime Minister writes a letter to his local council to complain about them cutting front-line services, seemingly completely ignorant of the financial pain he's inflicting on them and this doesn't make it into any headlines. The man is not only incompetent, he's dangerous. But you never hear about it.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:18 pm

Miliband and Brown had it too.....

Just think what it would have been like had Murdoch got the SKY deal..

Be like Fox news.....Not that it isn't getting that way now..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:26 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Media says this is a test of Corbyns leadership. Labour smash it media say it's in spite of corbyn and calling them out on this is biased towards  corbyn?

The only partisan one is you despite being f*cked in the a*se twice this year by Osborne. Even still you start foaming at the mouth at anything said that might be against Tory ideals. As for pig gate of course he was going to get abuse from that but I'll remind you that Corbyn rose above that and didn't mention it once in any derogatory manner. Like I said I don't think corbyn is an ideal leader but no reason to get rabid whenever anything is posted slightly in his favour.

BBC News is my main source of news, and Sky News, neither have run a big 'in spits of' storyline.

And not really. I've openly slated this government and said I wished I hadn't voted for them and won't likely won't Tory in 2020.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:28 pm

Sky News is a complete joke. Amateurish anchors and reporters churning out simplified news.

And the morons that have just switched off Adam Boulton then complain that the BBC is left-wing.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:29 pm

BBC don't like Corbyn from what I've seen..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:30 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Oh Toppy give over. Totally different kind of stick. Jeremy Corbyn has never, to my knowledge, inserted his Winkle into a dead animal.

However, the criticism directed towards him is far more sinister. He's labeled as a terrorist sympathiser by the predominantly right-wing media when all he's tried to do is get various parties around the negotiating table, rather than bomb the cr@p out of them. Just like the Mail piece on Ed's father hating England, a lot of it is verging on being libelous.

And all because the Sun, Mail, Telegraph, Times etc are owned by tax-dodging, sponging, self-interested billionaires. They've been undermining him since the very beginning.

Meanwhile, our Prime Minister writes a letter to his local council to complain about them cutting front-line services, seemingly completely ignorant of the financial pain he's inflicting on them and this doesn't make it into any headlines. The man is not only incompetent, he's dangerous. But you never hear about it.

There's a Diane Abbott joke in there somewhere.....

Regardless it's a complete non-event. A silly school prank 30 years ago. It was character assassination akin to anything Corbyn has taken (on an individual point).

When has Corbyn tried to get people negotiating round a table? Don't think he's ever held a cabinet position of such authority and his response to Syria currently wasn't that either. His affections towards terrorist groups are known and documented, albeit maybe over-blown by some in the media, not helped by him appointing McDonnell as shadow chancellor who's position on the IRA in particular is undeniable.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:32 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Sky News is a complete joke. Amateurish anchors and reporters churning out simplified news.

And the morons that have just switched off Adam Boulton then complain that the BBC is left-wing.

The news app doesn't have 'anchors'......

And it hasn't run any 'in spite of' anti-Corbyn articles in the last 24 hours that I've seen.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:32 pm

I'm a staunch defender of the BBC, as you've seen.

The BBC is made up of people. Some people like Jeremy Corbyn, others don't. A report from a correspondent is written by that person so there's bound to be some bias in there somewhere.

In short, I think the BBC is as impartial as it can be. It's not run by robots.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:33 pm

BBC is definitely left-wing these days, is widely slated for losing impartiality and even censured by the regulator for burying its own report when it's findings couldn't negatively attack the, then, Con-LD government.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Oh Toppy give over. Totally different kind of stick. Jeremy Corbyn has never, to my knowledge, inserted his Winkle into a dead animal.

Regardless it's a complete non-event.  A silly school prank 30 years ago. It was character assassination akin to anything Corbyn has taken (on an individual point).

When has Corbyn tried to get people negotiating round a table? Don't think he's ever held a cabinet position of such authority and his response to Syria currently wasn't that either.  His affections towards terrorist groups are known and documented, albeit maybe over-blown by some in the media, not helped by him appointing McDonnell as shadow chancellor who's position on the IRA in particular is undeniable.

Firstly, it wasn't character assassination. People I knew, at least, just found it funny. And it was funny, very funny. But that's it. His letter to his own council was far more serious, in my opinion.

"His affections towards terrorist groups are known and documented" Evidence, for me, that he has affections towards terrorist groups. It's nonsense. He has tried to negotiate with and understand these groups so that a peaceful solution can be met. I never said he'd held a cabinet position, never said he'd held any position of particular importance at an international level but what he's trying to do is find a peaceful solution to these problems. To try to understand all sides of the argument and not just drop bombs. Sounds sensible to me. But sure, take what the Daily Mail says as read. He's has "affections" towards terrorist groups. picard

I never said it did. I was (quite clearly) talking about the TV channel. It's idiots like Boulton who will run with the "in spite of" pieces.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:58 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Regardless it's a complete non-event.  A silly school prank 30 years ago. It was character assassination akin to anything Corbyn has taken (on an individual point).

When has Corbyn tried to get people negotiating round a table? Don't think he's ever held a cabinet position of such authority and his response to Syria currently wasn't that either.  His affections towards terrorist groups are known and documented, albeit maybe over-blown by some in the media, not helped by him appointing McDonnell as shadow chancellor who's position on the IRA in particular is undeniable.

Firstly, it wasn't character assassination. People I knew, at least, just found it funny. And it was funny, very funny. But that's it. His letter to his own council was far more serious, in my opinion.

"His affections towards terrorist groups are known and documented" Evidence, for me, that he has affections towards terrorist groups. It's nonsense. He has tried to negotiate with and understand these groups so that a peaceful solution can be met. I never said he'd held a cabinet position, never said he'd held any position of particular importance at an international level but what he's trying to do is find a peaceful solution to these problems. To try to understand all sides of the argument and not just drop bombs. Sounds sensible to me. But sure, take what the Daily Mail says as read. He's has "affections" towards terrorist groups. picard

I never said it did. I was (quite clearly) talking about the TV channel. It's idiots like Boulton who will run with the "in spite of" pieces.

It was indeed funny. But it was certainly character assassination. Do you think when the MIC cast get off set they burn effigies of Corbyn shagging Abbott??

And would you not consider the term 'friend' one of affection? I would.

And if he held no cabinet position and had no authority - what was he doing and what was he looking to achieve? About as useful as me going on a prison visit to rehab a dangerous inmate.....

I don't think indiscrimate bombing of Syria is the answer, but am yet to see Corbs put forward a credible near-term effective alternative.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 5:00 pm

People see what they want to see Pr4wn...

Why waste your time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 5:06 pm

Addicts enjoy being addicts..

All unemployed people don't want to work...

All blue collar strugglers at Uni are party boys..

Employees shouldn't have rights....

The crash was nothing to do with bankers...

People who use food banks need to manage their money better...

Yep I could never vote Tory...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 1:59 pm

UKIP are growing in Wales apparently and are on course to have 9 seats in the Welsh assembly elections next year....

Labour 35%
Conservative 23%
Plaid 20%
UKIP 15%
Lib dems 5% !!!!!!! Rolling Eyes .....Was it worth it ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 06 Jan 2016, 1:35 pm

Tee-hee, Labour falling apart.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35239232

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jan 2016, 2:24 pm

Not sure why a Labour hater wants to see pressure on Corbyn...

He's completely unelectable and if a likeable war hero like Jarvis replaces him then the right will start crapping it...

Be careful what you enjoy seeing...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 06 Jan 2016, 2:54 pm

Also, hilarious coming from a UKIP supporter. The public has stuck a fork in that load of nutjobs already.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 06 Jan 2016, 3:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure why a Labour hater wants to see pressure on Corbyn...

He's completely unelectable and if a likeable war hero like Jarvis replaces him then the right will start crapping it...

Be careful what you enjoy seeing...

Well he's going to go in the next year or so whatever happens, so let's enjoy the entertainment while it lasts.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jan 2016, 3:42 pm

What makes you so sure.........He has over 50% support amongst the membership......60% of whom thinking he's doing a good job....

Not sure if he'll need 35 mps to stand again (I don't know Labour rules)If he does it's worth remembering he has promoted kids to key jobs in the shadow cabinet who know should a leadership change occur they will probably be back on the backbenches...

My guess is they'll hand Corbyn their pledge out of "loyalty to the party"..

Everyone can see the joke apart from a majority of Labour members who have had to put up with two fingers from Blair..............Now they have the party they want..

He goes when they get the joke...and there isn't much sign of a sense of humor at the moment !!.

Left is in charge of Labour now....Can't see them letting go anytime soon.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 06 Jan 2016, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .....)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Jan 2016, 4:33 pm

I see Zac Goldsmith(Con) has accused Sadiq Khan (Lab) of playing the race in the London mayoral race....I think he has a point...

However Corbyn woes aside.............Khan is extending his labour lead..

Nov 2015 - Khan 26.....Goldsmith 24

Jan 2016 - Khan 31......Goldsmith 24 .....

Can't see Khan losing to be honest................Livingstone came close to Johnson last time and he had more baggage than Heathrow..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 09 Jan 2016, 8:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What makes you so sure.........He has over 50% support amongst the membership......60% of whom thinking he's doing a good job....

Not sure if he'll need 35 mps to stand again (I don't know Labour rules)If he does it's worth remembering he has promoted kids to key jobs in the shadow cabinet who know should a leadership change occur they will probably be back on the backbenches...

My guess is they'll hand Corbyn their pledge out of "loyalty to the party"..

Everyone can see the joke apart from a majority of Labour members who have had to put up with two fingers from Blair..............Now they have the party they want..

He goes when they get the joke...and there isn't much sign of a sense of humor at the moment !!.

Left is in charge of Labour now....Can't see them letting go anytime soon.

Corbyn is going nowhere for 3 years at least, he also would not need 35 MPs to stand again if he is challenged

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 09 Jan 2016, 9:02 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Corbyn is going nowhere for 3 years at least, he also would not need 35 MPs to stand again if he is challenged
Has that been sorted out already or it just set that it will be before anyone can do anything about it?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 09 Jan 2016, 9:26 pm

Somebody could challenge him tommorow if they had enough support so its not a rule it has to be 3 years but there would be very little point in challenging him before then as he would win easily

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 9:49 am

Poor old wheelie he is wasting his time in a party dominating by two idiotic factions both living in the past...

A hard left faction which wants to put a tax on ambition, common ownership and other policies that would bankrupt the country

A Blairite faction that doesn't seem to get that the country is sick of Blair and wants another Tory party but called Labour..

Neither willing to change..

With sadly Cooper and Burnham types being caught up in between and ready to take the party to victory in 2020....

Wasting your time Wheelie.....

It's a shame because this current crop of crap running the Country is getting away with incompetence scot free...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 12:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Poor old wheelie he is wasting his time in a party dominating by two idiotic factions both living in the past...

A hard left faction which wants to put a tax on ambition, common ownership and other policies that would bankrupt the country

A Blairite faction that doesn't seem to get that the country is sick of Blair and wants another Tory party but called Labour..

Neither willing to change..

With sadly Cooper and Burnham types being caught up in between and ready to take the party to victory in 2020....

Wasting your time Wheelie.....

It's a shame because this current crop of crap running the Country is getting away with incompetence scot free...

I'm not wasting my time mate, i have not done anything Labour related for 3 months. I will get kicked out the party soon anyhow

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 3:07 pm

Why would you be kicked out wheels...

Good people willing to put time in are surely gold dust...

Next elections I'm going to stay at home or maybe vote Green as a protest...

Probably feel obliged to get my butt down there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 3:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why would you be kicked out wheels...

Because I have written several things online which the party do not approve of such as support for Hillary Benn and a general disgust about how long standing labour members like myself are being threatened by new members.

I have since recieved emails from the party saying i need to change my 'tone' as it is against labour values. Failure to do so may result in a removal of party membership.

I will always vote and despite the intimidation and threats i will continue to express what i believe in

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 3:54 pm

Nothing like healthy debate....and nothing like it in the Labour party it seems...

Think we are similar in political disposition wheels though I'm probably more cynical. ..

You have idiots on the left and right mate and unfortunately the sensible middle is being squeezed out...

Here is hoping it won't be for too much longer..

How is the job going ??.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 4:02 pm

Oh i'm cynical mate, its funny you have people who voted green in May saying their 'real labour' and i'm a 'red tory' it really does make me laugh.
We do seem to be of similar political opinion.
Its going great thanks mate been there 3 months now and i'm the top seller in the company at the moment. Its just good not to be on benefits anymore and be able to give my little boy more.

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:18 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why would you be kicked out wheels...

Because I have written several things online which the party do not approve of such as support for Hillary Benn and a general disgust about how long standing labour members like myself are being threatened by new members.

I have since recieved emails from the party saying i need to change my 'tone' as it is against labour values. Failure to do so may result in a removal of party membership.

I will always vote and despite the intimidation and threats i will continue to express what i believe in

Classic politburo-'lite' stuff. People accuse the media of tarring Corbyn and his cronies, but they do it themselves.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 12:02 pm

Another resignation, shadow attorney general this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35281203

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next