The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead

+7
Ian2307
Dolphin Ziggler
Nakatomi Plaza
Samo
Prometheus
JamesLincs
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead  Empty WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead

Post by Fernando Tue 16 Jun 2015, 9:55 am

Seth Rollins hits the ring to gloat about last night’s win, and he says Dean Ambrose brought his ‘A game’, but it still wasn’t good enough. Rollins says he made good on his promise to win on his own, then reads a list of accomplishments and says he is Hall of Fame worthy. He tells the crowd to take a good look at a champion, then Ambrose cuts him off and brawls with him on the apron. Ambrose throws him in the ring but Rollins targets Ambrose’s injured knee, then Ambrose tackles him from the commentary table and Rollins runs for it. Ambrose says the title slipped through his fingers and Rollins wants to brag, so they will keep fighting and he’s not leaving the ring until Rollins comes back.  

Rollins finds the Authority and asks why this is still going on, and Rollins says he won fair and square and it’s his show. Stephanie says he sounded like he didn’t need them before, but Rollins says he was talking about J&J and Kane, not them. Rollins says they are on the same page and they should just kick Ambrose out and think about what’s next. HHH says they are thinking about what’s next, and that’s his next opponent, which he can trust them to make the right decision.  

Sheamus comes out and tells Dean Ambrose they are in similar spots, because they both made bold predictions last night. Sheamus says the difference is he came through, and he’s going to do that again whenever he decides to cash in his briefcase. He says right now, they like to fight and The Authority has a problem, and he’s going to deal with it and kick Ambrose’s head off.

Dean Ambrose vs Sheamus

Sheamus knees Ambrose in the corner and they trade punches, then Sheamus sends Ambrose outside and whips him at the steps. Sheamus stomps him, thenwe get back from a break to see Ambrose block a Cloverleaf and hit a neckbreaker. Ambrose slams Sheamus down and goes for Dirty Deeds, but Sheamus rolls outside and tries to run. Randy Orton comes out and Ambrose hits Sheamus from behind, then he ducks a Brogue and rolls Sheamus up for the win.

Winner – Dean Ambrose

Orton goes right after Sheamus and clubs him a few times, then he connects with a DDT and calls for a RKO. Orton leaps but Sheamus shoves him back, then runs up the ramp with his briefcase.

Seth Rollins finds J&J backstage and mocks them, but says he will bring them back on if they had some information for him. Noble says they don’t know who his opponent is, but they wouldn’t tell him even if they did. Noble says Mercury should be in that match since he pinned him last week, and Rollins laughs and says that’s not happening. Mercury says Rollins is afraid of him, and the record will always show he beat Rollins, so Rollins will lose his title, it’s just a matter of when he does.  

R-Truth vs Bad News Barrett

Wade attacks Truth (who didn’t know he had a match) and goes for a Bullhammer, but Truth ducks and gets a rollup. Wade attacks him after the bell and takes his crown back, and says he earned the right to be a King. He says Truth is a mockery, but now they will all hail King Barrett.

Winner – R-Truth

Kevin Owens walks out and says John Cena isn’t here tonight, and they can blame… John Cena himself for that. He says he won’t deny playing a role last night, but Cena could have just left and he tried to steal the spotlight again. Owens says he beat Cena once and went backstage, but Cena had to stick around and disrespect him, so he did what was necessary. Owens says his win over Cena doesn’t change, so he wants a rematch and this time it will be for the United States Championship. He says since Cena’s not issuing his open challenge tonight, he is.

Dolph Ziggler (w/ Lana) vs Kevin Owens (c)  

Dolph comes out to answer the challenge and Lillian goes to announce the title match… but Owens says he never said it was a title match. Dolph attacks him and Owens whips him outside, then we get back from a break to see Owens slam Dolph down and try to lift him back up. Dolph connects with some punches and a clothesline to the floor, then Owens whips him over the timekeeper’s area and taunts the crowd. Dolph comes back with a DDT as we go to another break, then we see Dolph avoid a cannonball by superkicking Owens in the corner. Owens goes for a powerbomb but Dolph rolls through for two, then he connects with a Famouser and gets another near fall. Owens goes for another powerbomb but Dolph leapfrogs him and hits a Zig Zag, but Owens kicks out, then comes back with a pop-up powerbomb for the win.

Winner – Kevin Owens

Paige organizes a Divas division meeting, and she says they need to take a stand and beat the Bella Twins. She says the Authority needs to take notice, then Naomi says she doesn’t like the Bellas, but she won’t be bossed around. Paige tries to rally everyone, but The Bellas walk in and Nikki says she’s been champion for a reason. She says they can side with Paige if they want to, but she helped Stephanie McMahon win last year, and she’s still champion. One by one the Divas walk out, and Paige says this isn’t over, but Nikki says it is, and waves goodbye.

Randy Orton vs Kane

Orton hits Kane in the corner and sets up for a quick DDT, but Sheamus interrupts the match and Kane grabs a mic. He says the match is now no holds barred, then Sheamus and Kane attack Orton and Sheamus Brogue kicks him, then Kane makes the cover.

Winner – Kane

Seth Rollins sees Kane backstage and talks about how Kane wanted him to lose most of all, then they argue back and forth. Rollins says Kane has always had help from his brother and father and The Authority, then Kane screams at him and tells him to keep his family out of this. Kane threatens to rip his head off, then says he wishes he could name Rollins opponent and Rollins tells him to keep his hands off of him.  

Big Show vs The Miz

Big Show feigns an early knee injury and slams Miz in the corner, then he chops Miz a few times and whips him outside. Show taunts Ryback (at ringside) and chops Miz, then he throws Miz at Ryback, who gets in Show’s face. Miz crawls in the ring as Show and Ryback argue, then Show gets counted out, and Ryback runs after him. Ryback calls for a Meathook, but Show ducks and retreats, and Miz celebrates on the stage.

Winner (by countout) – The Miz

Roman Reigns comes out and talks about how he’s peed off and didn’t get sleep, then Bray Wyatt cuts him off. Reigns says he should shut up and get out there, but Bray says he can’t understand the answers he has. Bray says Reigns stole hope from him, and it should have been him on the ladder, and this reminds him of another chosen one. Bray talks about how they made the wrong choice, and they won’t fight tonight because it would set a bad example. Bray sings to a photo of Reigns’ fatherhood commercial, which creeps Reigns out, and Bray tells him they are just getting started

Paige vs The Bella Twins

Paige attacks Brie early, then Nikki hits her and Brie applies a headlock. Nikki applies a legscissors and slams Paige’s head on the mat, then Paige tries to make a comeback, but Nikki forearms her in the head and hits Rack Attack.

Winners – The Bella Twins

Machine Gun Kelly performs, says something about John Cena in the intro, then Kevin Owens comes out and sarcastically claps. MGK and Owens have words, MGK shoves him, then Owens kicks MGK and powerbombs him off the stage. (Note: He got asked why after Raw. He's response....Because I felt like it, grow up Laugh)

The New Day vs Prime Time Players & Neville

Young gets some offense in early, then Titus connects with a few strikes as we go to a break. We get back to see New Day working over Young in the corner, then Titus gets the hot tag and throws a few clotheslines. New Day tries to attack, but PTP clears the ring, and Neville connects with some kicks and Red Arrow for the win.

Winners – Prime Time Players & Neville

Dean Ambrose is shown playing darts, and Kane walks in and Ambrose starts laughing at him. Kane asks what is funny, and he says he’s been a world champion, unlike Ambrose, who lost last night. Ambrose says Kane was a champion when he was the demon, and now he is a shell and it doesn’t matter what his business card says. He says Kane has a job, but this is Ambrose’s life, and he won’t stop until he gets the title he deserved.

The Authority comes out and says they have a championship opponent for Seth Rollins, and it’s not Joey Mercury. They say it’s also not Dean Ambrose, then Rollins comes out and says he is as good as they think, and no one can take his title. Rollins says he will embarass his next opponent, and HHH says he’s proven himself, but they need to look at their investment.

Stephanie and HHH hint about Rollins actually paying off, and HHH says Rollins could crumble, or turn into a diamond under pressure. Brock Lesnar’s music cues up and Rollins looks like he saw a ghost, and Brock gets right in his face. Rollins can’t even look at him, and cowers away while Brock stays put, and HHH watches from ringside.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead  Empty Re: WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead

Post by JamesLincs Tue 16 Jun 2015, 10:37 am

i decided against watching money in the bank, even though i could watch it for free. for the first time ever, i cant watch it anymore.

however, brocks return may gain my interest again. well played out that closing segment, imo

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 16 Jun 2015, 10:47 am

If I remember correctly, WWE has to make a statement to shareholders at the end of July wrt how many subscribers the Network has.

As, Raw has lost around a third of viewers since the post-Mania show, it might be reasonable to extrapolate that the Network has also lost some momentum from its growth to 1.3M subscribers at the time of Mania.

So, injecting Brock into the mix right now makes sense to me from an economical standpoint. I was a bit surprised at where he came into the program, but I'm not saying I don't like it.

Cena not being at Raw selling the fight with Owens was good. Owens continues to impress both in the ring and on the mic, and the 3rd fight being for the belt keeps the feud interesting. I think WWE has shown that with a 3 hour program, one person can't lead this company in the way that SCSA might have done in the past. But, it is one brick in place and WWE need to keep building. I think he's the closest we've got to SCSA now, because power bombing MGK, face move from what should be a heel character.

I went back and watched some Dusty promos this week. Maybe it was the ones I saw, or how they were edited, but most of them are quite short and very focused. Take note Bray Wyatt.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 16 Jun 2015, 6:32 pm

A fairly middle of the road show with a good reset at the end. I was thinking they would make a 6 pack challenge or something for the title before unveiling Brock for Summerslam, but I get why they did it now.

Dean Ambrose was great, he's certainly cemented himself as one of the top Babyfaces right now, would have liked him to sell the bad knee a bit more at the start of the night though.

Kevin Owens was fantastic again, he had a great match with Dolph. He's so good at getting heat on himself through his mic work and in ring trash talking. The icing on the cake was the powerbomb on MGK. Seems the WWE do listen to the fans. He's got to be nailed on to win the US title from Cena now.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:54 pm

I thought it was a decent Raw. The writing seems to be a bit tighter, and the continuity is better.

I like that Wyatt gave a clear explanation why he ruined Reigns at Money in the Bank. Referencing Roman's daughter gives the feud a real personal touch.

Not a fan of Sheamus and Orton feuding. Individually they're fine, but they've always struggled to work together.

I even enjoyed the backstage Diva's bit. Paige is coming into her own as a talker, and it was good to see that her previous actions meant the rest of the locker room couldn't support her.

Owens was excellent again. His facial after powerbombing Machine Gun Kelly were superb.

I liked the logical way Lesnar was named No1 contender. Kudos again to the WWE for referencing that Michael Cole has settled his lawsuit out of court with Lesnar.

Line of the night had to be Ryback on Commentary: "I've got Miz all over me!"

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:59 pm

I kinda hope the bring Reigns daughter into this story, like Rey vs Punk. It could give Bray that extra zing and take his character to another level. He should still have the family and he could brainwash her into joining him against her own dad, THAT would be awesome.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jun 2015, 10:27 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:
Line of the night had to be Ryback on Commentary: "I've got Miz all over me!"

I lol'd at that and the start where R Truth didn't know he was in the match he'd come to do commentary for.

Decent Raw, KO is god. Lesnar is a demigod.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian2307 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 10:29 am

Samo wrote:I kinda hope the bring Reigns daughter into this story, like Rey vs Punk.  It could give Bray that extra zing and take his character to another level.  He should still have the family and he could brainwash her into joining him against her own dad, THAT would be awesome.

that would be good, but would people see it as an ECW rip off as they did it with Raven and sandman
Ian2307
Ian2307

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 17 Jun 2015, 10:57 am

I think bringing the kids into it is something I'm not comfortable with. Wrestling is a physical, contact thing. There is always the chance that something bad might happen. The idea of a kid being part of an angle where that did....
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:02 pm

Brainwashing the daughter? Not for me, far too "drama"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:09 pm

I'm sure they brought Foley's kids into an angle once. And there were Foley's kids shown at ringside, the camera on them. And Mick took a massive bump. And part of the package of that was face Foley, doing it for his family. If that bump had gone wrong I just think that's a horrible angle when you look back on it. And its wrestling, any bump can be a bump that can go wrong, whatever the match.

So, I might be in the minority here. But for me, really unnecessary.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:53 pm

But the question we all want to know is are her mic skills good enough for the WWE Universe.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 17 Jun 2015, 1:38 pm

I wonder with the diva segment where the current roster fail to get behind Paige is leading to her recruiting a backing from NXT. Paige and the NXT diva division v the WWE divas.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 17 Jun 2015, 1:56 pm

She'd get booed out of the building. They'd want Ambrose to adopt a child, she'd have come up the hard way and not just forced upon us.

Foley's kids were used in ECW, well dewey, but I think the ringside WWE thing is from the Beyond the Mat documentary.

4 horsewomen. I thought she was gonna signal for them during the match, I was a little mark hoping

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 17 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

It'll probably end up being Lana. Seriously I assumed splitting her from Rusev they had big things plannned. But it appears the creative meeting went "we'll split her from Rusev and do big things with her" and then they went on to discuss something else entirely.

The obvious WWE choice to me would be Natt (was she in this bit, I forwarded through it). I'm really so unexcited by Paige, I just haven't enjoyed much of her work at all.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 17 Jun 2015, 2:05 pm

She's the only one with a character. She's just stuck working with wrestling's equivalent to blow up dolls

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 17 Jun 2015, 2:35 pm

Its only a matter of time till Yoshihiko gets signed to developmental

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 17 Jun 2015, 3:37 pm

I was expecting Charlottes music to hit after the Diva's match. Theres only so long they can hold off on this before it loses steam.

They need to do something with this division and soon. If Natalya is being off TV with Kidd then Paige is the only face diva on the roster. Im just afraid they're going to hold off bringing up an NXT woman until Nikki breaks AJ's record.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 17 Jun 2015, 4:26 pm

LESNAR IS BACK! 

Owens was man of the night though.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 17 Jun 2015, 10:30 pm

R Truth is the funniest thing on WWE right now but Ryback is a close second. Some of the things he says and the way he says them cracking me up!

Let me say it (and I'm disappointed nobody else has): fair play to Machine Gun Kelly for letting himself be powerbombed off stage. Not only was it risky, with him being a rapper he may not have wanted to be seen getting beat up on TV. All that stuff about street cred or whatever. Now that's exactly what celebrity involvement should be like and if I was a celebrity it is the exact thing I would insist on if I was making a guest Raw appearance. MGK gets my respect (I'm a fan anyway) and he should have all yours for going along with that segment.

Speaking of which Kevin Owens is the f*cking man right now. This had gotta be one of the best ever debut months on the main roster. 2 classics with John Cena (can't wrestle my a*se) - one of which he won CLEAN, the second of which he pushed Cena to his limit and needed 3 Attitude Adjustments to be taken down. He then got to lay Cena out. He has been killing it on the mic and has had more great matches with the likes of Dolph Ziggler and Neville. Being trusted with the responsibility of taking out a celebrity is the icing on the cake and that's without even mentioning his NXT work. This guy is gonna be big...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down