The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Season

+5
Marky
nadeem2099
Trebs
Hero
Holymiky
9 posters

Go down

Next Season Empty Next Season

Post by Holymiky Sat 27 Jun 2015, 16:26

Hi all, 

It is looking increasingly likely that we are starting a fresh league after this season has completed, i am writing this to discuss what people think about it and any suggestions you might have. It is also looking likely that FIFA will be used to determine the results each week. As an option (still being discussed) 2 legs (home and away) would be played by the console on FIFA 15/16 between the 2 teams for each match that week. This would be the first time this has been tried in these leagues to my knowledge. Some testing has gone on with some of the matches in the current league and it seems to work well. The computer would play on the highest setting to get the best matches possible and we may need to look into lengthening the matches to make it more fair.

We also need to decide if we are definitely switching to a new league first of all and if so, what format we want to go with.

Some of the possible options could be:

-All teams from one league most likely further down the table so it is more fair.
-Random teams based on the number rating on FIFA itself as the results will most likely be determined on there.
-Random teams from around Europe with a TM total price limit to make it fair or we can bid in the same way we have previously for them.

Please discuss below - There is still plenty of time to discuss it i just thought i would create this now after discussions with Hero and Nando and finding that we really don't know what has been decided yet. I'm hoping this will help us do that.

Also you can state below if you wish to carry on next season to get an idea of numbers.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Next Season Empty Re: Next Season

Post by Hero Sat 27 Jun 2015, 16:59

I'd like teams from one particular league to start with but with a fairly decent sized kitty with which to alter it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sat 27 Jun 2015, 17:26

I think all teams should have the same number of stars if we are doing it on fifa.

However, i would prefer not to use that method to do games personally and would rather have the traditional tactics and vote.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 27 Jun 2015, 17:37

Makes it hard to give Viva MOTW that way doesn't it Wink

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 27 Jun 2015, 19:47

My only fear about the FIFA thing and it would be understandable because people want to win of course is that people may build teams just for FIFA purposes which could take away what we usually do in these leagues which is building teams with players that we like etc.

Other than that i am all for the idea. I would prefer teams from the same league with lesser squads or teams with lower ratings on FIFA.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Sat 27 Jun 2015, 23:42

Although I'm Poopie at tactics I do enjoy writing them. These leagues have always had tactics and it would be a sad day when tactics become extinct and replaced by the AI. But I'm up for whatever you lot decide.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 28 Jun 2015, 00:02

Tactics wise do then decide upon what each individual player does as I do amend that based upon what you've written.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 28 Jun 2015, 11:07

I would definitely look to sign players who are good on fifa hut unrated irl.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 28 Jun 2015, 16:52

Agree with Trebs. I'd do exactly that. But that also is the flaw with the system.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 30 Jun 2015, 14:41

Hero wrote:Tactics wise do then decide upon what each individual player does as I do amend that based upon what you've written.

How much of an impact do the tactics have?

The danger I can see is that FIFA puts more emphasis on the players you have and it becomes more of an exercise in buying the best players.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 30 Jun 2015, 14:46

As much as I like the idea as its fresh I have been thinking about it the last few days and I am inclined to vote against FIFA deciding results for us. It's understandable that managers will build Fifa style teams if we are using it I get that and I would have to do the same to try and match it and I will still be involved if we do go down that road.

However I am probably going to vote no when I poll it as I like the fact that people build teams that they like and I like the current formats.

I know that you could argue that voting works like that as well based on who each manager likes people will play certain players if they know who the players are.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 30 Jun 2015, 14:59

Maybe we could have a cup competition that's run on fifa, league is tactics
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 30 Jun 2015, 15:00

If we are going towards the realistic league idea that was mentioned, and especially if we're going with lower value squads to start with, I'm not too keen on the FIFA idea.

The main reason for that is me playing FIFA about once every 3 months at a mate's house, I don't own a PS4 or Xbox 1 so have no real clue about how players are rated on FIFA other than the ones that I would imagine to be highly rated due to their real life performances

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 30 Jun 2015, 15:07

BamBam wrote:If we are going towards the realistic league idea that was mentioned, and especially if we're going with lower value squads to start with, I'm not too keen on the FIFA idea.

The main reason for that is me playing FIFA about once every 3 months at a mate's house, I don't own a PS4 or Xbox 1 so have no real clue about how players are rated on FIFA other than the ones that I would imagine to be highly rated due to their real life performances

Tbf I don't either - and that's why I suggest the cup idea - not the main thing but something on the side that keeps things fresh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 30 Jun 2015, 15:12

I've never played FIFA15, nor am I likely to in the near future.

But aren't there database style websites that give you all the stats and ratings.

The pro for using FIFA is that is gives a single computer generated basis for results that isn't subjective to a person's opinion. You can also save matches to allow you to go back and watch them played. This allows you to see where you might be weak and also offers a way to scout opposition.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 30 Jun 2015, 15:24

I see the pro’s of it Afro for sure but there are cons that go with it too which aren’t necessarily my thoughts but are ones I can see occurring.

The teams are just going to be built off FIFA alone (again understandably considering voting will be determined by it) which means that teams will be full of pacey/strong players as soon as people can afford them.
Sometimes the substitutions are a little suspect as the computer controls them for example in testing I think Hero discovered sometimes they would replace attacking players with defenders etc, I guess the bench would need to be filled with players that you want to come on.

I imagine we would still use TM for the prices of players and do our deals here, the tactic options are quite short and simple but they don’t always allow you to do as much during the match especially as you have to be playing to change the tactics of your team I believe.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 30 Jun 2015, 15:33

Sorry I mean that you can set tactics before matches but in game you can set tactics too but that's only when you are playing you can change it to balanced or defensive for example. There are options for possession, counter attack and long ball to name some Quick tactics for certain situations during the game.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 30 Jun 2015, 15:59

I'll keep going on about it but my compromise would be a fifa cup - maybe with cash incentives (ie. Winner gets so much etc) whilst keeping tactics for the league.

Makes it more interesting, and gives us a good cup competition
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 30 Jun 2015, 16:02

I'm up for a fifa cup but main league should be tactics imo.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 30 Jun 2015, 16:18

How about just run the leagues side by side?
Everyone does their tactics each week as per normal, results are done and tables put up etc.
But at the same time I do a FIFA one as well! I've been pretty much doing as it is.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 02 Jul 2015, 14:31

No rule changes mid season

If TM loses its mind and reduces/increases all values, minimum bids must be amended accordingly per % value

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 02 Jul 2015, 14:36

Play the whole game in Euros.

Valuations are done in Euros, so any change in exchange rate doesn't matter, and only actual valuation changes make a difference.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 02 Jul 2015, 15:21

Run the league on FIFA, if Hero is happy with that, and use Championship clubs.

No transfer window.

Money bonuses aplenty so we can slowly improve the squads.

2 injuries in S1, increasing to 3 in S2 and 4 in S3 to match the growing calibre of our squads.

One lawyer every week - you choose the player, TM Euro value + 20% to make it simple.

Two TPs a week.

Releases are 50% of TM Euro value. Players signed from releases are for the value they were released at.

Only one pace abuser per team.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 02 Jul 2015, 15:24

I'm willing to track budgets for the league too if that's preferred to everyone doing it themselves

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 02 Jul 2015, 15:27

I think everyone puts a tenner in and we buy Azzy some tranquilizers once a week
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 02 Jul 2015, 15:29

Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down