The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa RWC training squad named

+2
rodders
BamBam
6 posters

Go down

South Africa RWC training squad named Empty South Africa RWC training squad named

Post by BamBam Mon 29 Jun 2015, 10:25 am

Forwards: Willem Alberts, Schalk Brits, Schalk Burger, Marcell Coetzee, Eben Etzebeth, Steven Kitshoff, Vincent Koch, Siya Kolisi, Francois Louw, Frans Malherbe, Victor Matfield, Heinke van der Merwe, Marcel van der Merwe, Teboho 'Oupa' Mohoje, Francois Mostert, Tendai 'The Beast' Mtawarira, Scarra Ntubeni, Trevor Nyakane, Bismarck du Plessis, Jannie du Plessis, Adriaan Strauss, Warren Whiteley

Backs: Damian de Allende, Bryan Habana, Cornal Hendricks, Elton Jantjies, Zane Kirchner, Faf de Klerk, Jesse Kriel, Lwazi Mvovo, Rudy Paige, Ruan Pienaar, JP Pietersen, Handre Pollard, Willie le Roux, Morne Steyn

Conditioning squad (injured players)

Heinrich Brussow, Jaque Fourie, Lood de Jager, Patrick Lambie, Lionel Mapoe, Coenie Oosthuizen, Fourie du Preez, Cobus Reinach, Jan Serfontein, Francois Steyn, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Duane Vermeulen, Jean de Villiers

BamBam

Back to top Go down

South Africa RWC training squad named Empty Re: South Africa RWC training squad named

Post by rodders Mon 29 Jun 2015, 10:30 am

Looking very strong..... I have a feeling that the provinces poor form in super rugby may benefit the boks who seem to be masters at peaking in RWCs...a lot of experience in there, as well as guys who have played/play in the NH.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

South Africa RWC training squad named Empty Re: South Africa RWC training squad named

Post by Fanster Mon 29 Jun 2015, 11:49 am

Couple of key players need to get fit, also there are a few players named who I think are, well not passengers, thats not the right word, but not going to make an ipact if they needed to be rellied upon.

Good squad overall, they should make the semi's, but I think they'll need to do something extremely special over the next few months to win it.

I think i'd put NZ as favourites, and SA and England in a bracket below them, followed by Ireland, Aus, France and Wales.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 29 Jun 2015, 12:00 pm

Quite a few players who are some way past their best, and the effect of positive discrimination weakens the squad.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 29 Jun 2015, 12:39 pm

I can't quite believe Matfield is still seen as good enough given the traditional Bokke strength at lock

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Mon 29 Jun 2015, 4:32 pm

What's the average age of that squad….shedloads of experience but run i expect that conditioning squad to just keep getting bigger

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:44 pm

For SA's sake I hope they drop Kirchner, utter sh1te for Leinster all season

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:56 pm

brennomac wrote:For SA's sake I hope they drop Kirchner, utter sh1te for Leinster all season

Poopie is harsh, he hasn't been great though has he, he's no Isa Nacewa!

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down