The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached

+26
AlexHuckerby
joeyjojo618
Mr Bounce
oxring
The_Phenom
kevchadders
Rowley
samevans1
Daz
TRUSSMAN66
DoubleD22
HumanWindmill
owen10ozzy
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Young_Towzer
azania
The Galveston Giant
Imperial Ghosty
Irrational
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
compelling and rich
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
eddyfightfan
BALTIMORA
Liam_Main
KO-KING
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who wins

Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Vote_lcap53%Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 21 ]
Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Vote_lcap25%Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 10 ]
Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Vote_lcap8%Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Vote_lcap14%Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 40

Poll closed

Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Empty Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached

Post by KO-KING Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-vs-judah-deal-reached-july-23-las-vegas--39782
Las Vegas 23rd July, Most likely a 55-45 split in Favour of Khan.
IBF and WBA titles on the line

Both got great speed and questionable chins and decent power, More stamina, judah will fade in my opinion after 6 competetive rounds
i've got Khan by 11th tound TKO

boxing

UD was meant to be Decision,

Last edited by KO-KING on Tue May 31, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached Empty Re: Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached

Post by Liam_Main Tue May 31, 2011 7:24 pm

My opinion has been swayed over the last two days but i've decided on a Khan late KO. Judah despite his win against Mabuza clearly is nowhere near his best and Khan will take advantage of that. I expect it to be close in the first few rounds but Khan too take over mid way through with his Jab and quick footwork and finish it off in the later rounds.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue May 31, 2011 7:30 pm

No option for a draw? Or SD, MD, DQ or NC, for that matter...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue May 31, 2011 7:38 pm

very happy about this and would agree with the diagnosis that khan will have too much in the later rounds, TKO finish.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 7:39 pm

I've gone for Judah by KO I don't think Khan is a smart enough fighter to beat Zab. He still makes really basic mistakes and is reckless when he gets hit. Judah can hit just as hard as Maidana the difference is he is quicker and much more skilled than the one dimensional Argentinian.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue May 31, 2011 7:46 pm

i went for khan on points. while he could knock out zab if he wanted i think he'll stray away from trading with him and be on his bike amd use his speed. 4 round difference

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue May 31, 2011 7:50 pm

I went for a Judah KO/TKO. I think that khan will get caught cleanly by Judah and when that happens, Judah is a much better finisher than maidana so I can't see khan stick around for too long. It depends on which Judah comes to fight, the best he can be or the one who folds in big fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irrational Tue May 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Great fight. Khan UD.

Irrational

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue May 31, 2011 7:51 pm

khan will need to be fully switched on for 12 rounds as judah is very dangerous, and has been around a while and knows his way around a boxing ring. think this is khans toughest test yet, as maidana's style is suited to khans. judah's style will be a nightmare for khan, still see the yoounger man coming through though.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue May 31, 2011 7:53 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:No option for a draw? Or SD, MD, DQ or NC, for that matter...

UD was meant to be Decision, mistake in poll.
Forgot about Draw, was busy working so did it quickly

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue May 31, 2011 7:55 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I went for a Judah KO/TKO. I think that khan will get caught cleanly by Judah and when that happens, Judah is a much better finisher than maidana so I can't see khan stick around for too long. It depends on which Judah comes to fight, the best he can be or the one who folds in big fights.

Well this is a big fight

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue May 31, 2011 7:56 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:khan will need to be fully switched on for 12 rounds as judah is very dangerous, and has been around a while and knows his way around a boxing ring. think this is khans toughest test yet, as maidana's style is suited to khans. judah's style will be a nightmare for khan, still see the yoounger man coming through though.

I personally feel Khans style was suited to Maidana

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 pm

Not sure we can doubt Maidanas finishing ability, his KO% would suggest he finishes the job pretty damm well whereas Judah has the sole KO over Spinks at the highest level. As far as power and finishing goes it's a clear advantage to Maidana so think people are barking up the wrong tree with that one.

As for Khans style suiting Maidana, when he fought in a controlled way Maidana couldnt touch him.

At this stage of their careers can only see a clear UD for Khan over Judah

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue May 31, 2011 8:09 pm

does anybody know if bradleys opponent has been named? be interesting to see who he faces. surely after the judah/khan fight the unifaction bout will be arranged. if khan can win khan and truely unify the division (which i think he can) then it would be a massive acheivement and should silence a lot of his critis

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue May 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Not sure we can doubt Maidanas finishing ability, his KO% would suggest he finishes the job pretty damm well whereas Judah has the sole KO over Spinks at the highest level. As far as power and finishing goes it's a clear advantage to Maidana so think people are barking up the wrong tree with that one.

As for Khans style suiting Maidana, when he fought in a controlled way Maidana couldnt touch him.

At this stage of their careers can only see a clear UD for Khan over Judah

I think that maidana's power, although a big hitter, is overrated. Since he stepped up to world level he has found he can't blow away his opponents. I'm sure if he had that much power khan would be gone. When he sees his opponent going he throws loads of slow inaccurate shots and hasn't worked against morales or khan.

Judah has superior hand speed, when he sees his opponent going he throws quick combos that don't hurt as much as maidanas shots but may encourage the judge to jump in.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue May 31, 2011 8:10 pm

does anybody know if bradleys opponent has been named? be interesting to see who he faces. surely after the judah/khan fight the unifaction bout will be arranged. if khan can win khan and truely unify the division (which i think he can) then it would be a massive acheivement and should silence a lot of his critis

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue May 31, 2011 8:11 pm

This is a great matchup
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 8:13 pm

But when other than Spinks has Judah even come close to stopping a top level opponent

Maidana was hitting Khan with flush shot after flush shot in the 10th, it wasn't over rated power that stopped him putting Khan rather a resillience none of us knew Khan had.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue May 31, 2011 8:32 pm

so happy this fight came of i had a horrible feeling with all prescotts mouth we were going to see the rematch

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue May 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:But when other than Spinks has Judah even come close to stopping a top level opponent

Maidana was hitting Khan with flush shot after flush shot in the 10th, it wasn't over rated power that stopped him putting Khan rather a resillience none of us knew Khan had.

People seem to forget the body punch khan landed in round 1. Maidana's power was reduced drastically with the body punch. He didn't land cleanly on morales after round 1 so can't say he got exposed to have overrated power there either.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 9:11 pm

Zab the jab to KO khan in 11. Read my words and note this day down. I have had a vision. Very Happy Another one Shocked

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue May 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Khan within 8-10 rounds, i refuse to be sucked into another sham of a fight. Hopefully Judah has a bit left and knocks him out, but don't see that happening, a guy who lost to Baldomir 5 years ago can't still produce it imo. Hopefully Malignaggi was right the other day saying Bradley moves up, he has nothing to prove at 140 no more and could chase the Ortiz fight.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue May 31, 2011 9:16 pm

Judah's a correct puncher, if he lands Khan will go. Maidana is a sloppy puncher, if Ortiz caught him, he'd go he's another correct banging southpaw. Maidana, tough and a good warrior, but not a correct hitter. No way, he does land good shots, but misses and doesn't land properly, poor technically

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue May 31, 2011 9:17 pm

azania wrote:Zab the jab to KO khan in 11. Read my words and note this day down. I have had a vision. Very Happy Another one Shocked

I'm with you on that one Az.

P.S If anyone does note this day down remember i was with him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 9:22 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:
azania wrote:Zab the jab to KO khan in 11. Read my words and note this day down. I have had a vision. Very Happy Another one Shocked

You have to forfeit (selling again) something if Khan wins. My forfeit would be not to comment on old timers and especially Rocky, for a month. Mark this day down (what date is it anyway)?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue May 31, 2011 9:29 pm

Judah may hold the IBF title but he's hardly in the prime of his career is he. He has the power to trouble khan but not much else at this stage. Have to say I hope khan adapts to the southpaw stance better than he did against McCloskey. Also hope zab is focused and comes in the best he can be, and not the half committed zab we've seen on occasion or just merely looking for a payday.

This isn't the worst fight for khan, better than morales, and if he wins then he'll have two titles to take to any bout with Bradley. Khan by decision for me.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue May 31, 2011 9:37 pm

azania wrote:

You have to forfeit (selling again) something if Khan wins. My forfeit would be not to comment on old timers and especially Rocky, for a month. Mark this day down (what date is it anyway)?

Agreed, for a month i shall lose the abilty to make threads about Rocky Marciano, we've got this one.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 9:41 pm

azania wrote:

Agreed, for a month i shall lose the abilty to make threads about Rocky Marciano, we've got this one.

It will be interesting as I want Khan to KO him. Damn!!! Well I'm very confident in my prediction I may as well start a thread in praise of Holmes' comments about Rocky!!! Very Happy That should run for a month.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Sad sad individual

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Sad sad individual

Who?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue May 31, 2011 9:51 pm

azania wrote:
azania wrote:

It will be interesting as I want Khan to KO him. Damn!!! Well I'm very confident in my prediction I may as well start a thread in praise of Holmes' comments about Rocky!!! Very Happy That should run for a month.

laughing Unfortunately i want Judah to win, if he improves a little from his last performance, and comes in motivated believing he can win then i can see him stopping Khan, if not then i expect Khan to stop him late or win a UD.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 9:54 pm

azania wrote:
azania wrote:

laughing Unfortunately i want Judah to win, if he improves a little from his last performance, and comes in motivated believing he can win then i can see him stopping Khan, if not then i expect Khan to stop him late or win a UD.

For a southpaw, Judah punches correctly and he carries a one punch KO power through the 12 rounds. He has faster hands than Khan and is more skilled even though he has slipped somewhat. But he has more experience and can better pace himself. I cant see a way Khan wins. The build up should be fun as each of them can talk the talk.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 9:56 pm

KO power thats got him a single KO at the top level, some power that is and at 33 he no longer has the blistering hand speed of old, people seem to be remembering him for what he was and not what he is.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:KO power thats got him a single KO at the top level, some power that is and at 33 he no longer has the blistering hand speed of old, people seem to be remembering him for what he was and not what he is.

Didn;t he stop his ;ast opponent late on? Plus his handspeed may have gone a little, but its still faster or equal to khan. Also he plants his feet when punching as opposed to the hit and run tactic of khan where his punches dont seem to have that much effect.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue May 31, 2011 10:08 pm

azania wrote:
azania wrote:
azania wrote:

For a southpaw, Judah punches correctly and he carries a one punch KO power through the 12 rounds. He has faster hands than Khan and is more skilled even though he has slipped somewhat. But he has more experience and can better pace himself. I cant see a way Khan wins. The build up should be fun as each of them can talk the talk.

Definately glad this fight came off and not Morales, at least this is something to look forward to, it's a decent test at the very least for Khan. I'm holding out a little hope Ghosty that the change of circumstances to Judah of late has motivated him, and he comes into the Khan fight on a high, we very well could see the same Judah of late, but even that Judah is a decent test at least, i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue May 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:KO power thats got him a single KO at the top level, some power that is and at 33 he no longer has the blistering hand speed of old, people seem to be remembering him for what he was and not what he is.
Still has the same speed for first few rounds. He declined phyically but has improved mentally.
In his prime he was B+
Now he's B
In my Opinion

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 10:16 pm

azania wrote:

Didn;t he stop his ;ast opponent late on? Plus his handspeed may have gone a little, but its still faster or equal to khan. Also he plants his feet when punching as opposed to the hit and run tactic of khan where his punches dont seem to have that much effect.

Stopped the distinctly average Mabuza who was well in the fight until the KO which was a peach of a shot, having seen his recent fights against Mabuza and Matthyse where he was incredibly lucky to get the win his handspeed isn't on a par with Khan. The hit and run tactic may not get you knockouts but it's a very effective way of winning rounds, the Maidana fight was Khan proving a point and one he admitted himself he needed to prove, going to war against a heavy handed opponent to put to bed issues over his durability which he proved beyond doubt.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 10:18 pm

KO-KING wrote:
Still has the same speed for first few rounds. He declined phyically but has improved mentally.
In his prime he was B+
Now he's B
In my Opinion

That's a good way of putting it. Khan's a B-. I reckon Roach thinks Zab has sliped too far hence this match up. Plus Khan will have the additional benefit of regular sparring with wotsisname. Should help alhough it didn;t seem to help much with the irish fella.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Can't see it myself GG, Judah was never anything more than a decent world level fighter who with the exception of the Spinks rematch lost each and every one of his big fights. Khan has been mixing with higher company of late and will have nothing to fear from Judah.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 10:20 pm

azania wrote:
KO-KING wrote:
In his prime he was B+
Now he's B
In my Opinion

That's a good way of putting it. Khan's a B-. I reckon Roach thinks Zab has sliped too far hence this match up. Plus Khan will have the additional benefit of regular sparring with wotsisname. Should help alhough it didn;t seem to help much with the irish fella.

Judah and Pacquiao are very conventional southpaws though Az which is in stark contrast to Mcloskey who's an awful fighter to look good against

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:

Stopped the distinctly average Mabuza who was well in the fight until the KO which was a peach of a shot, having seen his recent fights against Mabuza and Matthyse where he was incredibly lucky to get the win his handspeed isn't on a par with Khan. The hit and run tactic may not get you knockouts but it's a very effective way of winning rounds, the Maidana fight was Khan proving a point and one he admitted himself he needed to prove, going to war against a heavy handed opponent to put to bed issues over his durability which he proved beyond doubt.

I dont disagree with you. But Zap seems to be more motivated. Plus Khan has never fought someone with his speed whereas Zab has. And when Zab connects with Khan, he will have the savvy to step back and pick his punches far better than Maidana did. Khan is not too chinny but as I have said before, no boxer is impervious.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 10:22 pm

The problem I have with Khan is similar to that I had with lewis. I was never entirely comfortable with the outcome. You always felt that a decent punch would put him on queer street and a possible KO in waiting. Khan has a terrible defence and Zab is a corect puncher. All bad news for Amir.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Correct puncher or not I can't see him doing to Khan what Maidana did, who while obviously limited is a huge puncher. Good technique can accentuate your power but it's no substitute for natural power, Khans defence relies on his foot movement to get him out of range and he'll keep him on the end of his jab waiting to unload a 4/5 punch combo. Unlike Maidana Judah wont be willing to walk through him to land.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue May 31, 2011 10:48 pm

i think khan might jump on his bike for 4-5 rounds and try and push the fighter into the later rounds, where judah at 33 will slow down, then khan can pick him of. also judah keeps his hands very very low and with khans speed he has a good chance of catching him, and although khan might not be the strongest, he could KO judah imo.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue May 31, 2011 10:52 pm

I think this fight shows how quickly people buy into a fight if marketed by promoters and fighters alike very well. IBF title or not im surprised at how many people are genuinly believing that Judah is going to win let alone stop Khan.

His last win of any note was Matthyse..and thats being relatively kind if were honest. Before that you would have to go back 6 years when he knocked out Cory Spinks. And as has already been mentioned that would be the only near top tier fighter he has KO'd. Not to mention the fact that that fight was up at 147 & not 140.

In genuine top level fights Judah has a record of 2-6. He was taken apart by Cotto, Mayweather & Kosta; behind when his fight with Clottey was stopped. And to top it all off was at times outboxed by the plodding & one dimensional Baldomir.

Following the beating at the hands of Tsyzu im not sure he ever fully recovered when it came to stepping up to that level and that intesity & spotlight.

Whilst he does posses speed id be willing to bet Khan is the quicker of the two & with his age his feet certainly wont keep up. His 1 noticable win was a split decision against someone who i wont be tricked into thinking was overly great. He has aged and once again I think he will freeze on the night.

Khans youthfulness & quicker hand speed will win the fight. Maybe first 3 will be close but then he will begin to pick him off before stopping him on the ropes with combinations somewhere between rounds 7-9. Khan all day long!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue May 31, 2011 11:26 pm

azania wrote:
KO-KING wrote:
In his prime he was B+
Now he's B
In my Opinion

Khan is a B close to B+ for me, with the potential to reach A- (for example prime Cotto level)

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Correct puncher or not I can't see him doing to Khan what Maidana did, who while obviously limited is a huge puncher. Good technique can accentuate your power but it's no substitute for natural power, Khans defence relies on his foot movement to get him out of range and he'll keep him on the end of his jab waiting to unload a 4/5 punch combo. Unlike Maidana Judah wont be willing to walk through him to land.

Good foot movement couldn't keep Maidana off him and Zab has better movement that MM. When he catches Khan (and he will) he will finish it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 11:31 pm

Good to see your reading has yet to improve

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 11:40 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Good to see your reading has yet to improve

I read it perfectly well and understood what you wrote. But good to see your patronizing manner has not changed or your double standards mate. Wink

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue May 31, 2011 11:43 pm

Well your last comment would suggest you jumped on a small aspect of what I wrote but each to their own

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next