The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached

+26
AlexHuckerby
joeyjojo618
Mr Bounce
oxring
The_Phenom
kevchadders
Rowley
samevans1
Daz
TRUSSMAN66
DoubleD22
HumanWindmill
owen10ozzy
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Young_Towzer
azania
The Galveston Giant
Imperial Ghosty
Irrational
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
compelling and rich
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
eddyfightfan
BALTIMORA
Liam_Main
KO-KING
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who wins

Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 21 ]
Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 10 ]
Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 40

Poll closed

Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Empty Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached

Post by KO-KING Tue 31 May 2011, 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-vs-judah-deal-reached-july-23-las-vegas--39782
Las Vegas 23rd July, Most likely a 55-45 split in Favour of Khan.
IBF and WBA titles on the line

Both got great speed and questionable chins and decent power, More stamina, judah will fade in my opinion after 6 competetive rounds
i've got Khan by 11th tound TKO

boxing

UD was meant to be Decision,

Last edited by KO-KING on Tue 31 May 2011, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan vs Judah - Deal Reached

Post by azania Tue 31 May 2011, 11:45 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Well your last comment would suggest you jumped on a small aspect of what I wrote but each to their own

To you maybe.

But stay on topic please.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:09 am

azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Correct puncher or not I can't see him doing to Khan what Maidana did, who while obviously limited is a huge puncher. Good technique can accentuate your power but it's no substitute for natural power, Khans defence relies on his foot movement to get him out of range and he'll keep him on the end of his jab waiting to unload a 4/5 punch combo. Unlike Maidana Judah wont be willing to walk through him to land.

Good foot movement couldn't keep Maidana off him and Zab has better movement that MM. When he catches Khan (and he will) he will finish it.
Maidana is a pressure fighter who has a great chin and is relentless in coming foward, Judah is none of those things

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:12 am

KO-KING wrote:
azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Correct puncher or not I can't see him doing to Khan what Maidana did, who while obviously limited is a huge puncher. Good technique can accentuate your power but it's no substitute for natural power, Khans defence relies on his foot movement to get him out of range and he'll keep him on the end of his jab waiting to unload a 4/5 punch combo. Unlike Maidana Judah wont be willing to walk through him to land.

Good foot movement couldn't keep Maidana off him and Zab has better movement that MM. When he catches Khan (and he will) he will finish it.
Maidana is a pressure fighter who has a great chin and is relentless in coming foward, Judah is none of those things

Oh I know. Zab is more elusive, weaker chin but better puncher (as opposed to bigger puncher). He has the style to make Khan miss and counter him effectively. Khan should start as favourite, but I believe Zab has the skills and the boxing intelligence to win this fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:12 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Ah and the little boy starts getting all power hungry again

🤦

And you often accuse others of derailing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:38 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Well done KO you can read
Yes i can; But i havn't bothered to read any of the previous posts unless it quoted me, but am guessing from your post what I said has already been said

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 01 Jun 2011, 8:11 am

I'd reckon Khan to have sufficient experience by now to take this one over the long route, but Judah is just the type of fighter who could be a very nasty banana skin, and it wouldn't surprise me if he would win by stoppage.

I'm not a betting man, ( just as well, since I've made some horrible calls, over the years, ) but if I were I'd lay my money down on Khan.

And then hold my breath.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:03 am

Ive actually gone for Judah TKO/KO here. I think with Khan he is improving all the time but there are still some basic mistakes he will make throughout a fight. Hes managed to get away with this in previous fights but if Judah's speed is still there he could punish theese mistakes. I think if Judah can catch him with a few counters early he has a great chance of the upset.

Dont get me wrong though i would put Khan as a favourite in this fight for sure but if Judah turns up there could be an upset.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:56 am

Judah to look for a way out by the 9th. Probably claim he has blurred vision but wants to fight one BUT HAS BLURRED VISION, thus forcing the doc to step in leaving Judah to protest wildly that he could have continued BUT HE HAD BLURRED VISION. Sad

Could be worse though, Khan could fight Nate Campbell...might you, even that would be better than Judah vs Nate campbell.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:00 am

Don't know why khan agreed 55-45.....Judah 's a waster now and looking for one big pay day...

Khan is the star attraction even in Vegas.....

Everytime I think of Zab I see the Kosta humiliation and Kosta was a million years ago...

Easy night for Amir..who owns him with the jab and finishes him off anytime he likes after 6....

Hopefully that'll be the end of Zab....who promised but never delivered.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:05 am

DAVE667 wrote:Judah to look for a way out by the 9th. Probably claim he has blurred vision but wants to fight one BUT HAS BLURRED VISION, thus forcing the doc to step in leaving Judah to protest wildly that he could have continued BUT HE HAD BLURRED VISION. Sad

Could be worse though, Khan could fight Nate Campbell...might you, even that would be better than Judah vs Nate campbell.

ahahahaha laughing

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:02 pm

This is a very good fight for Khan and no-one can really criticise the choice of opposition.

Bradley decided he didn't want this one, so Judah, a belt holder, decided to step in.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

Tend to agree Sam, think for whatever reason people seem overly keen to criticise Khan. Don't get me wrong he does plenty that warrants it but for me when the Bradley fight could not be made taking on one of the other belt holders on a decent run of form is a valid match up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

Think this will be a comfortable UD win for Khan. He may stop him late but I expect Judah to go into defensive mode and hang on to the end.

Judah has made a career of losing in practically every big fight he's been in and I see no change in this one, and the fact he's still in the mix at LWW to me highlights that this division doesn't have the depth of quality I once though it had last year.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Phenom Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:15 pm

This fight should be interesting in the first 5 rounds as Judah always has his moments early on as seen against Mayweather and wobbling cotto with the counter uppercut in the 1st 3 rounds. Depending on how much damage he can inflict on Khan early I can see Khan pulling out a comfortable win in the end. I never really rated Khan and disliked his whole career path towards his world title. However i'm starting to warm to Khan as he clearly wants to fight the top guys of the division. If he wins this and beats bradley at the end of the year or early next year I can see his stock rise greatly in the states and a Mayweather clash could be likely.

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:12 pm

i think if khan beats judah and bradley, and a mayweather/khan showdown is made, could see it happening just the right time for khan, him on his way up and mayweather past it just enough so he could win it. not at the moment though.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 02 Jun 2011, 10:38 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i think if khan beats judah and bradley, and a mayweather/khan showdown is made, could see it happening just the right time for khan, him on his way up and mayweather past it just enough so he could win it. not at the moment though.

What tells you mayweathers past it. Khan can win maybe in 18 months time (vs Mayweather). If khan beats judah and bradley, i'll have him at the same level as Hatton in terms of resume.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

Potentially a good fight - but Khan's handspeed too much IMO. Judah can beat Mabuza - because he doesn't think Mabuza is good. He knows Khan is good. Where his head will be come fight night, who knows.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

Potentially a good fight - but Khan's handspeed too much IMO. Judah can beat Mabuza - because he doesn't think Mabuza is good. He knows Khan is good. Where his head will be come fight night, who knows.
Mabuza's a wild swinging average slugger, Judah lacks heart. Khan in 10 rounds, a nothing fight with a shot to bits guy imo. I don't get sucked into these fights, Matthysse definitely beat him, and he beat a B level reckless slugger in Mabuza, don't rate this fight at all.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 02 Jun 2011, 1:14 pm

I have to agree with Truss here - I don't think Judah is good enough anymore - age has caught up with him. I think by the 6th round he'll be so far behind he'll wish he was somewhere else, then when the ref steps in with him not answering back, he's likely to protest loudly. Khan by TKO7.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

Dont know how people can slate Khan for taking this fight; there are three belt holders at his weight, one didnt want it (yet) so hes taking on the other, setting up a unification next. Can argue that Judah is a weak champion, but what do people want? Who else at LWW?

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:48 pm

Agree with that Joey, hes taking the best fight avaliable to him. This would also(if he wins) help set up the Bradley fight. if he was fighting anyone other than Judah or Bradley it would be a waste of time for him.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:Dont know how people can slate Khan for taking this fight; there are three belt holders at his weight, one didnt want it (yet) so hes taking on the other, setting up a unification next. Can argue that Judah is a weak champion, but what do people want? Who else at LWW?

Agree with you
Seems like most people want to just slate khan, if he took on guerrero they would have said he is ducking judah.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 02 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

I think this is a brave move by Khan, I do genuinely think that when Judah is on his game he could take anyone in the world at LWW - that being said I still think Khan will win this but this is such a dangerous fight for Khan as early rounds speed will be questioned.... Who has more of it, also Judah has the power for me in this fight, and I just wonder if udah lands a solid one on Khan how will Khan react? Because if he doesn't grab hold and keeps moving around the ring he's a goner, believe me he won't stand up to these punches!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 02 Jun 2011, 7:02 pm

Khan looks to be getting to big for 140 in my opinion

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Thu 02 Jun 2011, 7:15 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I think this is a brave move by Khan, I do genuinely think that when Judah is on his game he could take anyone in the world at LWW - that being said I still think Khan will win this but this is such a dangerous fight for Khan as early rounds speed will be questioned.... Who has more of it, also Judah has the power for me in this fight, and I just wonder if udah lands a solid one on Khan how will Khan react? Because if he doesn't grab hold and keeps moving around the ring he's a goner, believe me he won't stand up to these punches!

I think he showed in the Maidana fight that he now knows what to do when in trouble, and he was in trouble during part of that fight, but kept moving, holding and covering.

It is his speed, that if he under estimates, although i think khan is faster, that will cause him problems.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 02 Jun 2011, 7:25 pm

KO-KING wrote:Khan looks to be getting to big for 140 in my opinion

He has grown with age so he may be. He was slow and exhausted vs mcclosky but that may have been a one off. He looks good at weight ins and not dehydrated. Maybe with ariza back we may see him making the weight better. Kell brook said that he thought khan was killin himself but how much does he really know. At 5"10 He is a very tall LWW so we may see him going up to WW before we know it. I'm sure though that if he was struggling to make the weight they wouldn't want him fighting bradley or Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 02 Jun 2011, 7:30 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:

He has grown with age so he may be. He was slow and exhausted vs mcclosky but that may have been a one off. He looks good at weight ins and not dehydrated. Maybe with ariza back we may see him making the weight better. Kell brook said that he thought khan was killin himself but how much does he really know. At 5"10 He is a very tall LWW so we may see him going up to WW before we know it. I'm sure though that if he was struggling to make the weight they wouldn't want him fighting bradley or Judah

Lol, Paul Williams seems capable to slide back down to WW at 6"1? But that bloke is just plain odd.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:39 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:

Lol, Paul Williams seems capable to slide back down to WW at 6"1? But that bloke is just plain odd.

Haha true, wasnt hearns 6"1 also, and he is considered a WW atg. Some people can just pull off being tall at the weight, the newest one is mike jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:41 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Haha true, wasnt hearns 6"1 also, and he is considered a WW atg. Some people can just pull off being tall at the weight, the newest one is mike jones
How this guy makes Welter at 6 foot I have no idea.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:54 pm

KO-KING wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:i think if khan beats judah and bradley, and a mayweather/khan showdown is made, could see it happening just the right time for khan, him on his way up and mayweather past it just enough so he could win it. not at the moment though.

What tells you mayweathers past it. Khan can win maybe in 18 months time (vs Mayweather). If khan beats judah and bradley, i'll have him at the same level as Hatton in terms of resume.

didnt mean at the moment but judging by the difficultly khan has in securing fights by the time deals have been signed and sealed for the judah, then bradley, then mayweather fight it would likely be be a year to 18 months by the time they actually stepped into the ring together.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:49 am

eddyfightfan wrote:
KO-KING wrote:

didnt mean at the moment but judging by the difficultly khan has in securing fights by the time deals have been signed and sealed for the judah, then bradley, then mayweather fight it would likely be be a year to 18 months by the time they actually stepped into the ring together.

I think mayweather will only be stepping in the ring with Pac, Probably a tune up before that. In 18 Months i think Khan will be to good to be taken as a tune up fight

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm

azania wrote:Zab the jab to KO khan in 11. Read my words and note this day down. I have had a vision. Very Happy Another one Shocked

Strangly enought am pomping for a Zab KO

Just as fast hand speed as Khan, more power, more experience causes Khan all sorts of problems.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by khantdrive Fri 03 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

good to see Judah back. He inspired one of my favourite headlines when he fought Tszyu. ' Tszyu the man, Judah boy' Very Happy

khantdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2