The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kids on Steroids!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kids on Steroids! Empty Kids on Steroids!

Post by AdamT Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:34 am

Why are more and more teens using performance drugs?

Before I start I have nothing against adults using gear.(Unless they are cheating in sport)

I myself am over 30, so am considering sometime, to get back my Testosterone levels in the near future.

Back on topic, Teens have loads of Hormones naturally. Why can they not get a decent programme and get their diets nailed.

These guys could build a good physique by the time they hit early to mid 20's. People are just looking the quick fix now. I see a guy with good potential in my gym start using before he left school.

He is a big Rugby player and has good structure, so he had no need.

What also annoys me are these Gym owners/dealers looking a quick buck from these naive youngsters.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Kids on Steroids! Empty Re: Kids on Steroids!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:14 pm

I think you've already hit a few nails on the head already.

Working out a decent program. Not always so easy especially if they are not 100% sure of their actual goals.

Diet nailed. Again not so easy especially with so much conflicting advice out there often coming from people that juice but don't admit it

Quick fix. Is there anything more to add?

Naivety. 'I need juice to get big' 'its what bodybuilders do'.

Unfortunately so many youngsters are taken in by what they see in the media, the supplement companies etc and where there is a demand there is there is somebody willing to sell.

Out of interest will you be able to get TRT from your DR?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:25 pm

sohotnot wrote:I think you've already hit a few nails on the head already.

Working out a decent program. Not always so easy especially if they are not 100% sure of their actual goals.

Diet nailed. Again not so easy especially with so much conflicting advice out there often coming from people that juice but don't admit it

Quick fix. Is there anything more to add?

Naivety. 'I need juice to get big' 'its what bodybuilders do'.

Unfortunately so many youngsters are taken in by what they see in the media, the supplement companies etc and where there is a demand there is there is somebody willing to sell.

Out of interest will you be able to get TRT from your DR?

no mate, my test levels are most likely ok. If I was to go down that road in a few years I would just give myself a light dose.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:41 pm

Kids see people like Arnie looking great in movies and want to look like him....However they find building a good body naturally is a hard and sometimes painfully slow experience.

They know Arnie took steroids and see a guy who is still around at 68 so what harm can they do ???

They get quick results when they take these steroids...So they think If I take more I can get to where I want to be quicker !!

When they come off they lose weight and lose muscle and get PCT depression. So they go back on them before they finish their post cycle therapy..

Steroids are addictive as anything else. When you look good......you feel good....

A lot of bodybuilders are reverse anorexics........and it can be just as dangerous as anorexia..

If you're happy as you are Adam my advice is keep off them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:45 pm

I am grand Truss but I would like an extra bit of muscle. Very hard to get big and moderately lean when natural.

When I'm at low bodyfat I look rather flat.

Just think kids could build a foundation.

If I do start down the road, I will be looking at test only. Maybe something mild like anavar as a hardener as well.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:00 pm

There is a bodybuilder I know that I haven't see for a while who has just been given 6 months to live with Pancreatic cancer at I think 52 ..

Whether it's steroid related I don't know.........He was huge.....

Some guys don't like injections so take tablets whether he was one I don't know.

Always thought injectables were a bit safer but that could be an old wives tale. Maybe it was injection related or maybe it has nothing to do with steroids altogether.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:01 pm

They are meant to be easier on the liver and also blood pressure.

Makes sense, I know a powerlifter who pops drol like smarties and his face is bright red and puffed as hell.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:54 pm

I've never taken high doses......

500 mg of test is the most I've ever taken a week and that is little more than a beginners dose...Or 400mg test + 400 primo a week...

Primo is one of the safest ones out there as it doesn't bind..

I know/knew of guys who take cycles like 1000mg Test + 500mg of Deca a week + 3 tabs of dianabol a day..and they blast and cruise too.

Crazy stuff If you aren't a pro..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Truss you use steroids, not abuse them. I know the difference.

My bodybuilder friend uses,

1200mg Test a week
1000mg Tren A
EQ not sure on dose, I would guess around 750mg
Anavar 150mg a day

HGH 5-8 iu a day and also insulin.

These are rough doses. He probably uses other things too, ancilleries etc.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:49 pm

Why are more teens using steroids? Easy this. The Internet. For a myriad of reasons. Easier to get now, as well. I've got three or four mates who deal, and I didn't meet any of them through the gym. Just widespread. Can't blame them, though. In this game, everyone dopes and everyone knows it. I mean Ronnie Coleman is cop ffs.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Fair point Raf.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:17 am

Its a quick fix thing I agree.

On a side note, I don't take steroids....

Would you say Creatine is any good?
Is it worth me taking amino acid tablets?

Any other supplements worth using...or should I just stick to my good diet.

Im not a fan of taking lots of milk shakes...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:26 am

Imo supplements are mostly a farce and not needed by natural lifters.

Maybe a good fish oil or multi vitamin and that is enough.

Pre workout is an option, but I prefer a good mug of black coffee.

Protein drinks are optional but I don't believe a true natural needs over 150g of protein a day, unless they are doing extreme amounts of cardio and lifting.

I have done the wholw 300g of protein a day and to be honest you sh1t more and that's the truth. Now I'm only stating what works for me and these are only my opinions.

Everyone thinks supplements work because the companies push this stuff out there to make loads of money.

The supplement industry is worth an absolute fortune. People believe it is the creatine or the amino is working, when it is probably their own head that convinces to push harder. Do that extra rep.

Give a natural athlete vitamins and tell him they are strong steroids, I gaurantee, he is stronger and pushes harder due to the placebo effect.

Anyway these are only my opinons, I am not a personal trainer, I'm just a regular guy that loves lifting. I won't bullsh1t anyone. I really believe supplements are "mostly" a fad.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:04 am

I agree with you totally Adam.

Ive been lucky to have good performance in rugby, boxing, athletics.

Ive never taken roids, and I do take Cod Liver oil capsules and multi vitamins.

I took some amino acid tablets recently and felt absolutely nothing off them at all.

The one thing I would like is an energy boost sometimes. We do an aweful lot of high intensity stuff...circuits, thai boxing etc...(and at 16.5 stone at the moment its a lot of bodyweight to throw around doing burpees etc ) and sometimes a little kick would be nice...but I guess that's just sleep, plenty of water and a good diet.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:39 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:I agree with you totally Adam.

Ive been lucky to have good performance in rugby, boxing, athletics.

Ive never taken roids, and I do take Cod Liver oil capsules and multi vitamins.

I took some amino acid tablets recently and felt absolutely nothing off them at all.

The one thing I would like is an energy boost sometimes. We do an aweful lot of high intensity stuff...circuits, thai boxing etc...(and at 16.5 stone at the moment its a lot of bodyweight to throw around doing burpees etc ) and sometimes a little kick would be nice...but I guess that's just sleep, plenty of water and a good diet.

That post is very similar to what I take and need. I use coffee or monster energy for a wee kick before a session. I'm close to 16.5 stone myself at the minute, so know what you mean ha!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Big boys over here. I'm trotting around at around 14.5 Stone at the moment.

As for protein shakes. Can't speak a bad word about them. Necessary? Probably not, but when you're bulking, and not a fan of stuffing your face, it's a reasonable manner to get your macros in.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:11 pm

kingraf wrote:Big boys over here. I'm trotting around at around 14.5 Stone at the moment.

As for protein shakes. Can't speak a bad word about them. Necessary? Probably not, but when you're bulking, and not a fan of stuffing your face, it's a reasonable manner to get your macros in.

fat in my case raf, If I was lean, I would be a couple stone lighter.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:18 pm

To be fair, I was act round about 220lbs in the beginning of the year, but a back injury put my gym use to a halt, and I lost about two, two and a half stone. Starting over now. Don't think my back can carry 220lbs any more, so trying to weigh a lean 14,5 stones.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:20 pm

My best weight is 14 stone. I haven't been that weight in 3 years.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:56 am

Yeah my ideal weight is around 15.5

My gym has undergone a lot of rebuilding etc for the last year and a half so we've focused a lot on weights rather than the circuits etc that we normally would.

And ive been plagued with Calf issues for the last few years so I just cant get through an outdoor run sadly. (Been to physio etc...think I just need to go to the Docs now to finally get an MRI to see what the hell is wrong in there. )

That's been fixed now however and we're back training like crazy so I should drop a bit of weight now. Im not carrying too much fat...just feel too bulked for the sports I enjoy - ive lost that zip and flexibility.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:38 am

Yeah my flexibility is pretty shot too. I am a good bit stronger, which is good for my powerlifting, however I like to feel fit also.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Strange heavy lifting should be making you guys feel fit..............I've never needed to do cardio......Squats, powercleans, T-bar etc get my cardiovascular system working harder has me breathing heavier than any 5km run would...

Mike Mentzer always thought it was a waste of time.......Why waste good energy building muscle by running on a machine or on the road..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:27 am

Truss

Lifting weights will make you feel fit...but its not going to help you much over a 6 round Muay Thai fight.

Different kind of fitness

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:28 am

Exactly. I like to still be able to run 5 miles any given time.

No doubt a heavy set of squats will knock the wind out of you, but doesn't prepare you much for endurance sports.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:42 am

It all boils down to what your end goals are.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:37 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Truss

Lifting weights will make you feel fit...but its not going to help you much over a 6 round Muay Thai fight.

Different kind of fitness

We used to have what you'd call I think beep tests over here....Those tests you do in the services...Army, Navy, police forces etc..

Where you have to run to the line and back in the alloted time.....

I was one of the last ones on there on most occasions beating many of the fitness members..............Because my heavy lifting had conditioned me both aesthetically and aerobically..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:24 pm

AdamT wrote:Why are more and more teens using performance drugs?

Before I start I have nothing against adults using gear.(Unless they are cheating in sport)

I myself am over 30, so am considering sometime, to get back my Testosterone levels in the near future.

Back on topic, Teens have loads of Hormones naturally. Why can they not get a decent programme and get their diets nailed.

These guys could build a good physique by the time they hit early to mid 20's. People are just looking the quick fix now. I see a guy with good potential in my gym start using before he left school.

He is a big Rugby player and has good structure, so he had no need.

What also annoys me are these Gym owners/dealers looking a quick buck from these naive youngsters.

The only way some heavy duty gym owners can make a living is by selling steroids.......Most get big supplies from abroad (Turkey etc) and make £30 a bottle on the deal......In fairness, though it's an illegal activity, it is much safer to buy off these guys than sole traders who could be pushing any old s**t....

Gym owners have a duty of care...and buy from good sources.....They also give customers an idea of how to use them and what to take !!!!....The sort of thing you don't want some special on the internet telling you..

As for why they take them.....I guess it takes too long to do it naturally, they want to impress girls and get respect from their peers...

Usually because they are too thick to get respect any other way..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:28 pm

I hate seeing guys who weigh a buck 50 and bench 70kg use gear.

No foundation at all and a waste.

I think anyone should have at least a solid few years training behind them first, before they supplement themselves.

Each to their own, but people are too impatient. I think anyone can build a half decent body first, by learning about nutrition and how to train. After their gains slow down/stop, then start using ped's if they want to go the extra mile.

Last edited by AdamT on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Also I would just like to add, any gym owner/goer that sells steroids are drug dealers. No different to the guy with the hood selling weed/meth.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:50 pm

I'd rather impressionable kids get theirstuff from a trusted source......Keep kids away from shady no good scumbags..

All sorts of legalised crime going on.....Like some of these credit lenders destituting good people suffering hard times !!....

So I'm not to bothered about morality on this one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:55 pm

To me they are selling drugs to kids.

Both my gyms sell drugs to school kids. To me gym owners selling drugs, are drug dealers.

It is their choice, but it is what they are. If they were in court, they would be addressed as such.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:03 pm

I'm not talking about school kids..

End of the day if these kids are going to take them they are going to take them...

Anything that makes the journey safer is a good thing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:06 pm

These guys are 17/18.

We will have to agree to disagree. I still think anybody that sells illegal drugs, are drug dealers. I smoked loads of weed when young. I actually think it is less harmful than drinking loads. The guys selling it, are still drug dealers.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm not talking about school kids..

End of the day if these kids are going to take them they are going to take them...

Anything that makes the journey safer is a good thing..

I know how to safely use cocaine. Doesn't mean I should sell it, because I can advise users.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:08 pm

Now you're being silly.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:10 pm

I'm not. Maybe you use steroids sensibly, but I have seen the way many guys are, who use/abuse these drugs. They change many peoples personalities and add to depression.

I might use them someday. If I do, I will still class them as drugs.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:11 pm

I like the debate Truss and I know most gym goers have the same opinion as yourself. I do respect it, I just don't agree.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:13 pm

AdamT wrote:I'm not. Maybe you use steroids sensibly, but I have seen the way many guys are, who use/abuse these drugs. They change many peoples personalities and add to depression.

When have I advocated steroids ???...

My argument is that if you're hell bent on using them go to someone who won't give you dodgy stuff and will advise you.....

Perhaps the above personality changes and depression can be avoided..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:10 pm

Kids - don't do drugs. And remember guys, if you are gay, rubber up. Because in prison some of those guys don't care how old you are. Or if you're gay.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:20 pm

Super definitely owns a gym..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Gym owners are great guys. Not only do they push magic pills/liquid to increase gains, they tell.you how to use them.

Legends!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Sanctimonious twaddle.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:13 pm

I have nothing against steroid use. They are a must for people who want a great body.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Been in many gyms and never had steroids pushed on to me by any gym owners..

You're either full of crap...Or maybe Irish gym owners lack integrity..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:17 pm

I'm definitely not full of crap. Most bodybuilders I have met have huge chips on their shoulders. Big egos.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Perhaps it's just the gyms I have been to. It has put me of gear anyway.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Most bodybuilders i've met are more courteous than the wimps..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:20 pm

You see. The thinking of ordinary people ad wimps Is what I mean.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:08 pm

Ordinary people that call well built guys meat heads..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:48 pm

If I use steroids, I want tren Apparently that sh1t is crazy.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next