The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+39
socal1976
hampo17
JamesLincs
Crimey
Corporalhumblebucket
gw
Mat
owen10ozzy
sportform
wheelchair1991
Jermaine2015
Atila
nadeem2099
Lowlandbrit
westisbest
Ent
It Must Be Love
kingraf
guildfordbat
compelling and rich
CFCNick
wadey101
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Liam
Hammersmith harrier
Alistair
Trebs
Hero
LivinginItaly
Steffan
Good Golly I'm Olly
lfc91
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
FIFA Diva
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
Fernando
43 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 14 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sun 23 Aug 2015, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Galloway off for Browning due to injury

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 14 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 3:45 am

If Fenway aren't going to sack Rodgers, can they at least start proceedings to sue the "manager" and "football team" for a breach of the Trades Description Act?

Don't really know why I'm surprised that I'm disappointed. Playing at Anfield must be like being mauled by a particularly docile chinchilla for the opposition these days.

Roll on Wednesday and a humiliating Cup defeat to Carlisle.

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 14 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by lfc91 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 4:00 am

The most frustrating thing is that this next run of games could have easily kick started the season. Four home games against sides that any team with aspirations of a top 10 finish would be expecting to win. All of a sudden we would be sitting in a good position across 3 competitions.

As it stands though, If we win any of the games now I would be surprised. Haven’t felt this hopeless and pessimistic about Liverpool since the days of Woy Hodgson…

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 4:27 am

I'm actually feeling indifferent to them at the minute which is far worse than hatred. Hatred would imply that I care enough to feel emotionally involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 21 Sep 2015, 8:04 am

Martial is the real deal. Cool head as well!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm

Costa charged with Violent Conduct
Gabriel charged for failing to leave the pitch, Arsenal have appealed his red as an excessive charge to get it reduced.
Both sides charged with failing control their players.

We have a surprisingly competent FA decision here....

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 21 Sep 2015, 4:01 pm

Interesting debate tonight by Collymore and Saggers on the Costa debate if anyone's listening. Imo, what Costa does is completely different to what old fashioned centre forwards used to do. Old fashioned centre forwards like Shearer etc that I can remember used their aggression and physicality by attempting to over power their opposition centre halfs, winning the areal duels, maybe leaving having a little niggle now and again. What Costa does has no place on the pitch. Putting your hands on someone's face, swinging your arm into an opponents face etc is cowardice. I'm glad the FA took a strong stance against him as refs have consistently turned a blind eye to it. Feel for Gabriel, but he was stupid to react to it but I think part of the reason behind it was the fact the ref was doing nothing about it.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Sep 2015, 4:14 pm

For me Gabriel is an utter twonk for doing what he did. Deserved to go, as much for immaturity as anything else.

Costa should have gone too, but generally he is a fascinating player to watch. He doesnt do that every match, cross the line, but when he does he should go. When he doesnt its interesting to watch. Also interesting that its reckoned he is much worse when facing Brazilians because they all hate him for choosing Spain.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 7:22 pm

Costa should get a ten match band as should Mike Dean and the idiot linesman as well. How you miss 5 or 6 purposeful slaps to someone's face in a row with at one point, both hands on Kos' face shoving him to the ground is beyond me. Isn't the linesman standing right fcuking there? I mean Suarez looked like he lost his cool while Costa was purposely trying to attack Kos and get him to react, very purposeful and it worked he cheated Chelsea to three points in a match where they had created nothing when the teams were at full strength. Ten match ban for me, if Suarez gets ten matches for a love bite what should Costa get for Steven Segalling Kos repeatedly in the face about half a dozen times.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 7:36 pm

After Gabriel got the first yellow card which I thought was harsh - I think he had to get a second yellow card because it was a deliberate back kick but NOT a straight red as it was just a pushback against the shin pad - compare that to Moreno's flying feet first double fracture of Luke's Shaw leg which didn't even receive a yellow card.

Costa scratched Gabriel on the neck.  Scratching and drawing blood can't be allowed.

Last edited by Nore Staat on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 22 Sep 2015, 7:36 am

Socal, out of pure interest, who do you support?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 22 Sep 2015, 7:36 am

Oh never mind, I just looked, Arsenal.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 22 Sep 2015, 7:39 am

Do you really need to ask that Miky Laugh it's fairly obvious...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 22 Sep 2015, 7:41 am

I genuinely didn't know Laugh

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 22 Sep 2015, 7:44 am

Really? even after 2 seasons of calling Aaron Ramsey the one of the best midfielders in the world Laugh He's not even the best in the Arsenal squad anymore.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 22 Sep 2015, 7:45 am

I must admit I hadn't seen that and I do read this as much as I can although I do miss stuff. That's obviously one of those things.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 Sep 2015, 8:05 am

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:50 am

Nore Staat wrote:After Gabriel got the first yellow card which I thought was harsh - I think he had to get a second yellow card because it was a deliberate back kick but NOT a straight red as it was just a pushback against the shin pad - compare that to Moreno's flying feet first double fracture of Luke's Shaw leg which didn't even receive a yellow card.  

Costa scratched Gabriel on the neck.  Scratching and drawing blood can't be allowed.

Gabriel's yellow wasn't harsh. He was the 3rd man in. He had no business coming over from where he was some distance away and getting involved with Costa.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Sep 2015, 10:44 am

CFCNick wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:After Gabriel got the first yellow card which I thought was harsh - I think he had to get a second yellow card because it was a deliberate back kick but NOT a straight red as it was just a pushback against the shin pad - compare that to Moreno's flying feet first double fracture of Luke's Shaw leg which didn't even receive a yellow card.  

Gabriel's yellow wasn't harsh. He was the 3rd man in. He had no business coming over from where he was some distance away and getting involved with Costa.

Gabriel's first and second yellows were thoroughly deserved. How the ref missed Costa's antics begs the question, is he up to the job? Not just the ones with Gabriel and koscielny, but also the incident with Chamberlain.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:36 am

Ten match ban for that stuff? Socal is back

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:33 pm

Stella wrote:
CFCNick wrote:

Gabriel's first and second yellows were thoroughly deserved. How the ref missed Costa's antics begs the question, is he up to the job? Not just the ones with Gabriel and koscielny, but also the incident with Chamberlain.
Gabriel's second card was a straight red. The appeal panel have agreed this was a mistake and so that straight red has been rescinded. The straight red is not downgraded to yellow so Gabriel doesn't receive a suspension.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34329563

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:41 pm

Gabriel should get a one match ban

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Sep 2015, 1:15 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
Stella wrote:
CFCNick wrote:

Gabriel's second card was a straight red.  The appeal panel have agreed this was a mistake and so that straight red has been rescinded.  The straight red is not downgraded to yellow so Gabriel doesn't receive a suspension.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34329563

I presumed it was a second yellow, which would have been sufficient.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 22 Sep 2015, 1:22 pm

Wait, Gabriel isnt getting suspended at all?! FA have absolutely bottled this if so. The guy was a pillock and deserved to go, albeit for a second yellow.

Above all else I still think this outrage by Arsenal is just trying to cloud the fact they have bottled it at Chelsea again and have no grasp on psychology of winning. I detest this "we win the right way" nonsense. They dive around anyway, but it is arrogant to believe the whole world loves their approach. They are one of too many teams that seem to underestimate the beauty of Barcelona's football was underpinned by actually knowing what to do without the ball. I often feel like Arsenal, and clubs managed by Rodgers, Sherwood and sometimes Monk's Swansea, have no respect for how you play without the ball at your feet.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 1:51 pm

The FA statement read*:

'Arsenal's claim of wrongful dismissal in relation to Gabriel has been upheld following an independent regulatory commission hearing.
The player's three-match suspension has, therefore, been withdrawn with immediate effect.
Gabriel was dismissed for violent conduct during the game against Chelsea on Saturday [19 September 2015].
The player is currently subject to a separate FA charge of improper conduct in relation to Saturday's game and has until 6pm on Thursday [24 September 2015] to reply.'

If Gabriel had received a second yellow card Arsenal would not have been able to appeal.  They were however able to appeal the red card and that appeal was successful.  So with the successful appeal only the first yellow card will remain on his FA disciplinary record for that match.

*as given by the Daily Mail

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:09 pm

10-match ban is completely reasonable. Frankly, I think those that think Costa deserves only a three match ban didn't watch the entirety of his conduct for a minute or 2 before Gabriel was thrown out. He purposefully and hard, open hand raked Kos about 4 or 5 times off the ball in his face. Then he grabbed his face with both hands and shoved him down. After that Gabriel first came in as the peacemaker and then he goes after Gabriel verbally. They both get carded and the camera is showing him running with Gabriel and just running his mouth the whole time. He gets a slight foot out of Gabriel and then instantly puts on a choir boy face and pleads to the ref. The camera was on him the whole 90 seconds it was some of the most cynical stuff I have seen on a pitch.

His conduct is way worse than Suarez who had a rush of blood and went all animalistic on Ivanovic. It was a 90 second battery of Kos followed by verbal incitement of Paulista followed by pleadingly going to the ref for a card. Suarez didn't try to cheat and turn the match on its head by deception and fraud. I mean what is worse 5 or 6 hard slaps to the face of your CB and then a minute of verbal abuse of the other CB getting him kicked out or a momentary bite. He was not only committing red card offenses and getting away with it he was purposefully trying to steal the game which the officials allowed.

Not only should Costa get a 10 match ban but so should Dean, the 4th official, and the linesmen. I mean the assistant's idiocy is even worse. How are we to trust that he can see a guy being inches on or offside if he standing on that line and misses multiple hard and on purpose slaps of a players face off the ball? And what the Smeg is the 4th officials job? To just usher the managers back to their area, he should be called the first usher and not the fourth official. And Dean as usual always looking to get his face on camera missed it completely unsurprisingly.

If what Suarez did deserves a ten match ban, Costa's conduct should get 20. But I thought Suarez was punished too harshly for Ivanovic anyway, I mean after all its Ivanovic another one of Chelsea's dirty players. He isn't exactly a choir boy either.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm

picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:19 pm

Costa should get the equivalent of a red card, what his behaviour merited. So a 3 game ban
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:21 pm

I hope you don't ref, socal? Very Happy
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:23 pm

Cant debate that. And not because its even nearly correct.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:31 pm

A 90 second battery of Koscielny?

Now I think Costa deserved a straight red card which would no doubt have meant Gabriel not receiving his yellow or red but don't go so overboard Socal it's embarrassing. Hell Luke Shaw had his leg snapped in half and we didn't react so petulantly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:12 pm

Unsurprisingly & quite correctly Chelsea haven't appealed Costa's red so his 3 match ban starts with Walsall.

Im surprised Gabriel got away with it tbh guess their going with the stance if Dean had done his job properly to start with there would be no reaction (it's a poor stance) Will probably get a ban for the Improper Conduct now though just to balance the FA ineptness Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:A 90 second battery of Koscielny?

Now I think Costa deserved a straight red card which would no doubt have meant Gabriel not receiving his yellow or red but don't go so overboard Socal it's embarrassing. Hell Luke Shaw had his leg snapped in half and we didn't react so petulantly.

Please reread the post the 90 seconds was the entire incident from Kos getting slapped till the yellow cards for both players through the continued sheet talking and red card. I mean why does Suarez deserve a ten match ban for one incident in a couple of seconds and his action was emotional this was a premeditated attempt to get first Kos to hit him, which he failed. Then to get Gabriel to hit him. As for Shaw getting his leg broken again unless there is bad intent with the challenge I mean he went in to hurt him or it was so reckless to warrant doubting then I would support more than three matches. But not having seen the incident and the challenge in question I have to punt. As opposed to Suarez this guy purposely went deranged for 90 second or there abouts period doing whatever he could to get an Arsenal defender to strike out at him and get redcarded and of course that Gollam looking M-fer Mike dean obliged.

The fact is that it was beyond incompetent officiating. Someone really needs to ask the linesman you are supposed to be in line with that play how is it that you missed Costa putting his hands to Kos' face 5 times in quick succession and failed to report this to Dean. I mean if Costa picked Kos up and did a DDT suplex on him apparently this pudwhacker would have missed it. Difference again between Suarez and this incident is that Costa premeditatedly was trying to cheat and influence the result and his conduct was multiple actions in the minute or minute and half prior to Gabriel's ejection. The fact that this guy is known to do this every single week, or something maybe not quite as blatant and has escaped a red card in every single premier league match is mindboggling. One is to think if these officials walked in to a bedroom while Costa was shagging their wife they might fail to see that as well apparently he is infrackingvisible

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:44 pm

Steaming hot takes from socal
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 22 Sep 2015, 5:13 pm

Bite and a bit of hands in the face. Battery. Its annoying and a red, but it wont have been anything more than a nuisance to Koscielny.

Arsenal have got no bottle.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:52 pm

Not sure a 10 match ban is right, but I agree with the gist of what Socal is saying; Costa was not only violent but frankly used pre-meditated deception and cheating.
Glad Gabriel has his ban taken off.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 23 Sep 2015, 7:01 am

Tw*tter suggesting FSG have approached Ancelotti to replace Brenda

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 23 Sep 2015, 7:31 am

Football is this country is going soft. Pre-meditated deception? Who cares?! Most of your favourite players knew how to mix it up and be a d!ck when the situation needed.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:35 pm

i like socals "suarez only a one off incident"?! yeah its not like he bitten people three times before Headscratch Headscratch

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:53 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Football is this country is going soft. Pre-meditated deception? Who cares?! Most of your favourite players knew how to mix it up and be a d!ck when the situation needed.

It is hilarious that you are somehow trying to justify Costa and claim he is some sort of tough guy and this type of behavior is needed. No it isn't needed. Are you telling me that you like it when someone throws numerous backhands at someone's face or scratches them. This cynicism is partly what is wrong with the world, I mean do they teach you guys this type of cynicism along with cricket at primary school or something? Yes scratch your opponents face, try to cheat and deceive the official. This three match ban is a travesty of justice frankly. That is why the FA rescinded Gabriel's ban they pretty much decided that Arsenal had already gotten jobbed enough by Costa's thievery. Sure steal to win, cheat to win, dope up to win, do whatever it takes to win. That is basically what you have been arguing this whole thread and not only do I find it unpersuasive it frankly turns my stomach.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:56 pm

compelling and rich wrote:i like socals "suarez only a one off incident"?! yeah its not like he bitten people three times before Headscratch Headscratch

This also isn't a one off incident for Costa either, but he seems to get away with slaps on the wrist. Let me ask you is it worse to bite someone or get slapped in the face 5 or six times hard and wrenched to the ground? I mean it is debatable. As for Suarez I was talking about that incident his conduct was one short one or two seconds of anger. Not a lengthy diatribe and minute or minute and half routine with the intent of cheating the result.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:04 pm

socal1976 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Football is this country is going soft. Pre-meditated deception? Who cares?! Most of your favourite players knew how to mix it up and be a d!ck when the situation needed.

It is hilarious that you are somehow trying to justify Costa and  claim he is some sort of tough guy and this type of behavior is needed. No it isn't needed. Are you telling me that you like it when someone throws numerous backhands at someone's face or scratches them. This cynicism is partly what is wrong with the world, I mean do they teach you guys this type of cynicism along with cricket at primary school or something? Yes scratch your opponents face, try to cheat and deceive the official. This three match ban is a travesty of justice frankly. That is why the FA rescinded Gabriel's ban they pretty much decided that Arsenal had already gotten jobbed enough by Costa's thievery. Sure steal to win, cheat to win, dope up to win, do whatever it takes to win. That is basically what you have been arguing this whole thread and not only do I find it unpersuasive it frankly turns my stomach.

I will happily justify it. Its not clean cut and lovely, but Arsenal won't win any league titles with your attitude. Actually, they have your attitude. Weak-willed in the fact of this stuff, using it as an excuse for their own deficiencies and ignoring their need to change in many areas because they believe themselves pure. The best Arsenal sides you'll ever have seen would not only indulge in a bit of what he did, but they would work out how to expose those who did it so blatantly and poorly. Costa did a bad job and got away with it, because if you do it in a way that is so obvious you should get sent off, which would be a failure on his part.

Travesty of justice? Grow up. He didnt backhand and scratch. These were not clubbing blows. And you seem to ignore the guilt in both Gabriel's kick and Koscielny's dive when they went chest-to-chest.

What I'm suggesting is actually the toned down version of what Costa does. This time he crossed the line, and the hands in your face was a red card that was missed. But it still worked. Arsenal's complete lack of fight showed up again. They didnt react like sportsmen do, they reacted like children.

As for caring about insults, do me a favour Uncle Sam.

Of course, the Americans are so pure. Thats why Lance Armstrong is British and theres no talk about deflating balls in the sports you play.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:07 pm

id take a so called slap 5 times in the face over a bite anyday! we all know costa was in the wrong and has been rightly banned but your getting your knickers into a twist far too much. the ban your suggesting is similar to joey bartons when he tried taking half of citys team out

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:10 pm

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 14 Curtis-Davies-makes-light-Diego-Costa-scratch-showing-battle-scars-Hull-win-Swansea-Capital-One-Cup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3245568/Curtis-Davies-makes-light-Diego-Costa-scratch-showing-battle-scars-Hull-win-Swansea-Capital-One-Cup.html

yes this is what we need more of in football people who will scratch your face. Excuse me is there a more unmanly way to go at someone than scratching their face, even the UFC bans this sort of crap.

So basically as a result of Costa cheating Chelsea get two or three undeserved points. I mean they hadn't done anything in the match and if the right call is made most of the second half Arsenal would be playing a man up and stand a good chance of either nicking a point or actually winning. Instead it is as much as a possible six point flip over one of your rivals for the top. Then your punishment is to have Costa miss a fraking League Cup match he wasn't going to play in anyway. So Chelsea benefits, Southampton, and Newcastle benefit even though their players weren't subjected to this moron and their team wasn't cheated, and Arsenal gets screwed. Seriously, this guy was just suspended for 3 matches recently. If we want to say past record and behavior a three match ban is way too light. The only way this guy will change his behavior if he knows he will hurt his team's results and his managers and teammates get on him about that fact. But with this decision he has actually helped his team in the standings and drastically hurt a top rival. So guess what the FA is basically encouraging the cheater to do it again. He knows that the punishment won't be severe if he gets punished at all.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:18 pm

It's not as if Arsenal haven't benefited from a bit of cheating in the past and frankly no team can take a holier than thou attitude towards it, each and every team cheats and yes that does include your beloved Arsenal. It's an easy out for you guys though, concentrate on Costa and ignore the fact your team failed to show any resillience and folded the moment the going got tough, same old story really and about time you factored in your teams deficiencies instead of blaming everything else.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:19 pm

compelling and rich wrote:id take a so called slap 5 times in the face over a bite anyday! we all know costa was in the wrong and has been rightly banned but your getting your knickers into a twist far too much. the ban your suggesting is similar to joey bartons when he tried taking half of citys team out

In my mind when I think about punishment and it having deterrence the risk of punishment should outweigh the gain. In this case Chelsea benefits from Costa's cheating. The points they get over a near rival in this match, which they wouldn't have received if the right call was made far outweigh Costa missing a league cup match, and two league fixtures that they should win anyway. So in short the 3 match ban is basically outweighed by the result of cheating your way to three undeserved points. At worst you would think Arsenal with the way that match was going would get a tie if Costa had been rightly ejected when he should have been. Maybe up a man most of the second half they get a goal. So in effect after this decision Costa's move for himself and Chelsea is a net win. When I read the websites you could hear it from their fans. "Oh its so fun to hear gooners cry", they are practically celebrating this result and the punishment still makes his conduct a net win.

Now if he got a 10 or 7 or 5 match ban they wouldn't be laughing. Then his manager who wants to win would go up to him and kick him in the arse and maybe the Captain and some other veterans to for his conduct and then he would have incentive to change. Now its like they are all patting him on the back and congratulating him on his cunning dodge. You could be their reaction would be different if Costa was banned for 3 months.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:20 pm

socal1976 wrote:We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 14 Curtis-Davies-makes-light-Diego-Costa-scratch-showing-battle-scars-Hull-win-Swansea-Capital-One-Cup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3245568/Curtis-Davies-makes-light-Diego-Costa-scratch-showing-battle-scars-Hull-win-Swansea-Capital-One-Cup.html

yes this is what we need more of in football people who will scratch your face. Excuse me is there a more unmanly way to go at someone than scratching their face, even the UFC bans this sort of crap.

You do realise he is taking the urine out of the overreaction to Costa?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:21 pm

So, really, you're just annoyed about a missed decision? Woop de doo, welcome to football. Referees miss stuff. If your player isnt an idiot then you dont have a first half red card.

Push that blame away. Its this attitude that is making Arsenal a soft-touch and everyone else loves it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm

[quote="Hammersmith harrier"]It's not as if Arsenal haven't benefited from a bit of cheating in the past and frankly no team can take a holier than thou attitude towards it, each and every team cheats and yes that does include your beloved Arsenal. It's an easy out for you guys though, concentrate on Costa and ignore the fact your team failed to show any resillience and folded the moment the going got tough, same old story really and about time you factored in your teams deficiencies instead of blaming everything else.[/quote

Ok so by your logic Britain, Germany, the EU, and the US should not complain about what ISIS is doing well I mean the British did some nasty things during their empire, America wasn't that great to African Americans, the natives or Vietnamese etc. So because in the past someone in the century long history of the club was a dirty player we should basically not care about this behavior. I frankly don't even care that much about the result. The situation with Chelsea for me goes beyond today's standings in the table. Frankly, I would be vehement about this situation if it was any other club, ok maybe if it was any other club but Spurs. This guy is virtually being encouraged to continue with what he is doing. Why not it helps his team and doesn't hurt them. That is the point I am making, the punishment should deter the conduct not encourage more of it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm

Jesus Christ Socal shut up your embarrassing yourself. Costa was rightfully banned for 3 games nothing he did was worth more then a 3 game even the scratching.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:29 pm

They've still got the best central midfielder in Europe though (who's that good in that role, he rarely now plays in central midfield).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next