The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

+22
True Raven
LondonTiger
Shifty
maestegmafia
ScarletSpiderman
dragon999
LordDowlais
Seagultaf
Coleman
wayne
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Cardiff Dave
Steffan
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
munkian
Luckless Pedestrian
VinceWLB
Dolphin Ziggler
George Carlin
PhilBB
26 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 20 Empty Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by PhilBB Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

GavinDragon wrote:I don't need to address anything, I am one fan with an opinion the same as you and any other fan.

Sure, but here I am trying to understand your opinion yet, sadly, you won't address a key element of it.

Previously you wrote: "Only sad, narrow minded parochial people stuck in the amateur era mindset would see gwent as something in direct competition to newport." so I wrote a detailed, honest and clear answer as to why that insult is misplaced.

It's misplaced because one club is carrying all of the risk but with only 50% ownership.

Do you think it fair that one club carries all of the financial risk, without total ownership, for a "Gwent" team? Sure, you don't need to address the question but, in all fairness, it will speak volumes if you don't address it.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 09 Feb 2016, 2:02 pm

PhilBB wrote:
True Raven wrote:
Because you decided to counter my point by saying the media rated him so I was wrong, therefore I was pointing out that Gatland doesn't rate him by not included him in an extended world cup training squad or the six nations squad where our other full backs had very little gametime.  I think Luckless Pedestrian said that if you mean performing at a higher level meaning the champions cup then clearly he is playing at a higher level but shining at that level....I dont think so.  But we're all entitled to our views

My mentioning of the media was to confirm that Evans has been recognised for his performances in the Champions Cup, thus proving that he has performed at a level above what he managed with the NGD.

Gatland not rating him neither proves nor disproves that he has improved since leaving the NGD, or that Evans has performed well in the Champions Cup.

Those two things in bold are not the same thing. That he's done the former (undeniable) doesn't mean he's done the latter (far from undeniable).

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 09 Feb 2016, 2:07 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Those two things in bold are not the same thing. That he's done the former (undeniable) doesn't mean he's done the latter (far from undeniable).

I know, but I didn't make that logic leap as I used the words in front of the second bit you bolded.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 09 Feb 2016, 2:10 pm

But you have been implying that it's self-evident that he's improved. It isn't.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 09 Feb 2016, 2:12 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:But you have been implying it.

I've noted only that he's performed at a higher level.

In the response you replied to, I pointed out that bringing Gatland into this is irrelevant.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 09 Feb 2016, 2:13 pm

Has Dan Evans ever been talked about this much on here?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 5:03 pm

He's rubbish anyway! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Feb 2016, 5:06 pm

Dan Evans-gate continues then Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 09 Feb 2016, 6:16 pm

Carl Meyer cleared of any wrong doing and is free to play (if passed fit) Thursday. Good stuff.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Feb 2016, 6:31 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Time to leave this thread as the caveman is back

Or in other words, "I better flounce, because I know p5ss all about rugby"
I don't "flounce" as you put it, you can teach me nothing about Rugby, what you can do is use words that only has a relevance in a pig sty

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Feb 2016, 6:34 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:He was 'shining' for the Dragons, too.

I'm not trying to score points here, I just don't think you can say a player who has moved from one club to a better one must be playing better than he ever has before, purely because he's moved clubs.

It truly is an idiots logic, as is believing that your own opinions are 100% fact and nothing else matters - yes I'm looking at you here PhilBB.

True Raven wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Isn't it possible that he's playing no better or worse than before?

Sure, it's possible, but what would temper that is that he is now proving it at a higher level.

Let's remember that he was ousted from the NGD because Lyn Jones told him that Byrne and Amos (ha!) would be his full backs. So it's clear that he's gone from an outcast at the worst pro team in Wales to shining for the best at a higher level than he ever performed at for the NGD.

Doesn't that lean toward an improvement in his play?

He's not shining for the Ospreys at all this season, he's looked limited in attack and has dropped far too many passes and high balls this season that a professional player shouldn't.  You guys do realise you're talking about Dan Evans here right?  He's hardly improved since he left the dragons because he didn't have a high ceiling in the first place.  

True Raven I have to say it's rarity I come across such an unbiased fan of the Ospreys, but you do give a good account of the supporters from down there, which is in great contrast to Wayne. If you believe what you say, as a number of others in here believe what I say then it seems my comments did have substance after all. I'm glad it's finally settled that Dan Evans is on the same level as he was at the Dragons and Wayne (and PhillBB) was wrong.
So because one Ospreys fan on here agrees with you, that's it settled, only in your dreams boy.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Feb 2016, 6:53 pm

True Raven wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
True Raven wrote:

He's not shining for the Ospreys at all this season, he's looked limited in attack and has dropped far too many passes and high balls this season that a professional player shouldn't.  You guys do realise you're talking about Dan Evans here right?  He's hardly improved since he left the dragons because he didn't have a high ceiling in the first place.  

Rightio. The media certainly disagrees with your assessment of his play, by the way.

Lol when you say media, you mean Simon Thomas?

We have no other fullback at the Ospreys so Dan has to play pretty much every game so his stats are going to be skewed because he plays more games than anyone else.  

I wonder if Gatland agrees with 'the media's' view because he doesn't seem to
TR, why is it do you think, we, in your eyes only have him as our full back? yet they see the necessity to go and get Engelbrecht as a short term deal until seasons end covering OC and Wing, I would say contrary to your opinions we are more than happy with Dan Evans's form, yes I agree that we need cover for him other than Sam Davies, I know I've said it once but your comment 3 above " he's hardly improved since he left the Dragons" beggars belief, he was 2nd in the poll for best full back in the Guinness League Team of the season and voted Supporters player of the Season last season, so this season he has dropped from that position to be no better than he was when at the Dragons, sorry don't believe it

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Feb 2016, 6:56 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Dan Evans should've kept himself at 15 only at RP. I don't know who was responsible for him trying to play ten, but it never really worked. Whilst Dan Evans did a lot of good, he was also prone to a fair few brainfarts. I believe these are evident less down Swansea way now, so in effect he has improved but then I note Raven say different so who knows.

At the time, I was quite content with our options at 15 with Byrne and Amos for the future. Obviously in hindsight, that wasn't so good for us (due to Byrne's injury and Amos still being one for the future in Lyn's own words). I am still relatively content with what we have at 15 though, if Carl Meyer is available. I'm not saying he's comparable to Dan Evans or anything, but what he does for us is pretty key with his boot etc. I hope he isn't banned today for Thursday as having GR Jones or Nick Scott start would worry me.

In other news Jack Dixon is back light training and Ed Jackson is injured for Thursday. Still no Tyler either, so we will be pretty short in a few key areas.

This. Despite being rolled in One True Region glitter, would anyone say he was a better player than Amos?

Jack Dixon has his work cut out getting back in the team surprisingly. Guess players can improve at our little club when jettisoned from elsewhere too.
I'll answer that one, NO.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Feb 2016, 7:23 pm

Let me finally add, Mikey I didn't hijack your topic, it was the snidey remarks from yourself and the caveman about THE ONE TRUE REGION, being in for your superstars, because one normally very ill informed tweeter put something out there as a rumour and you took it as gospel, considering I've been accused on here of putting out snide remarks about the NGD what's so different now.
I purposely put out the 3 names that I did and must admit I'd forgotten about the 2 that Griff then brought into the topic, I also purposely left out the most prominent player that proves my point, that players that leave your area more often than not and come to us invariably get better, there is nobody that has done the journey in the opposite direction that comes within a country mile about the player I'm talking about, have a think who I'm talking about?
There are 3 players in our squad, who most on our forum would select in our first team that have improved dramatically since joining us as well as Dan Evans, Dmitri Arhip, Jeff Hassler and Tyler Ardron, but obviously in your eyes they were Internationals before joining us so they can't have improved.
Let me finally say I can name many more over the Term of the ONE TRUE REGION that have improved after joining us.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:03 pm

wayne wrote:
True Raven wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
True Raven wrote:

Rightio. The media certainly disagrees with your assessment of his play, by the way.

We have no other fullback at the Ospreys so Dan has to play pretty much every game so his stats are going to be skewed because he plays more games than anyone else.  

TR, why is it do you think, we, in your eyes only have him as our full back? yet they see the necessity to go and get Engelbrecht as a short term deal until seasons end covering OC and Wing, I would say contrary to your opinions we are more than happy with Dan Evans's form, yes I agree that we need cover for him other than Sam Davies, I know I've said it once but your comment 3 above " he's hardly improved since he left the Dragons" beggars belief, he was 2nd in the poll for best full back in the Guinness League Team of the season and voted Supporters player of the Season last season, so this season he has dropped from that position to be no better than he was when at the Dragons, sorry don't believe it

Wayne I didn't say anything about last year, I said he hasn't been shining this year as philb suggested, which I don't think he has been.

He's been a handy pick up for us but I don't think he's playing any different to how he was a couple of years ago, he just plays in a different team, with a different playing style and dare I say it surrounded by better players (no offence dragons fans!).

Wayne in that team of the season they named Peter Horne over matavesi, I didn't take any notice of it

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:45 pm

Thank you Mods or whoever deleted that post, I wouldn't dignify it with a reply.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:04 pm

True Raven wrote:
wayne wrote:
True Raven wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
True Raven wrote:

Wayne I didn't say anything about last year, I said he hasn't been shining this year as philb suggested, which I don't think he has been.

He's been a handy pick up for us but I don't think he's playing any different to how he was a couple of years ago, he just plays in a different team, with a different playing style and dare I say it surrounded by better players (no offence dragons fans!).

Wayne in that team of the season they named Peter Horne over matavesi, I didn't take any notice of it

'Surrounded' by better players? That's more like the superiority complex I've come to know and love from Swansea fans.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:07 pm

wayne wrote:Thank you Mods or whoever deleted that post, I wouldn't dignify it with a reply.

Yeah, if you can see your way clear to dignifying your own thread instead of stinking up this one, happy days
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 10 Feb 2016, 9:20 am

Does anybody believe this 'One True Region' nonsense?

It's 67% owned by the chaps who owned Swansea RFC in 2003.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Feb 2016, 9:32 am

PhilBB wrote:Does anybody believe this 'One True Region' nonsense?

Andrew Hore?

Wayne has it tattooed across his 4rsecheeks (in CAPITALS)
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 10 Feb 2016, 9:41 am

Stone Motif wrote:

Andrew Hore?

Wayne has it tattooed across his 4rsecheeks  (in CAPITALS)

Hore is a tiny shareholder.

Look at who ran Swansea RFC in 2002-3, look at who runs the Ospreys now. This 'One True Region' line is wonderfully inaccurate.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 10 Feb 2016, 10:42 am

wayne wrote:There are 3 players in our squad, who most on our forum would select in our first team that have improved dramatically since joining us as well as Dan Evans, Dmitri Arhip, Jeff Hassler and Tyler Ardron, but obviously in your eyes they were Internationals before joining us so they can't have improved.

To say they've improved dramatically, you would need to have seen them play before they arrived at the Ospreys.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:15 pm

Dragons: C Meyer, A Hewitt, A Hughes, A Warren, N Scott, J Tovey, S Pretorius, P Price, E Dee, B Harris, M Screech, R Landman, B White, N Cudd, N Crosswell. Replacements: R Buckley, B Stankovich, S Knight, C Hill, J Benjamin, C Davies, A O’Brien, GR Jones.

Chris Kirwan wrote:The Dragons are still monitoring a few bumps and bruises with centre/wing Ross Wardle on stand-by to come into the 23.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:46 pm

wayne wrote:There are 3 players in our squad, who most on our forum would select in our first team that have improved dramatically since joining us as well as Dan Evans, Dmitri Arhip, Jeff Hassler and Tyler Ardron, but obviously in your eyes they were Internationals before joining us so they can't have improved.

To say they've improved dramatically, you would need to have seen them play before they arrived at the Ospreys.

Or when they first arrived

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:47 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Andrew Hore?

Look at who ran Swansea RFC in 2002-3, look at who runs the Ospreys now. This 'One True Region' line is wonderfully inaccurate.

You asked if anyone was daft enough to still believe it. Hore patently does, he said so recently in the national press.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:51 pm

True Raven wrote:

Or when they first arrived

Doesn't mean they wouldn't have made the same improvement at a different club either, which I think is the point.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:54 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Dragons: C Meyer, A Hewitt, A Hughes, A Warren, N Scott, J Tovey, S Pretorius, P Price, E Dee, B Harris, M Screech, R Landman, B White, N Cudd, N Crosswell. Replacements: R Buckley, B Stankovich, S Knight, C Hill, J Benjamin, C Davies, A O’Brien, GR Jones.

Chris Kirwan wrote:The Dragons are still monitoring a few bumps and bruises with centre/wing Ross Wardle on stand-by to come into the 23.

Farcical that Kingsley's boy is getting a subs place over Ross Wardle. Think we should've started Boris against Ah You to be honest too.

Guess Amos has been promoted to Team Wales tackle bag holder this week.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:01 pm

I'm hoping Amos will be in the matchday 23 at the very least.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:14 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:I'm hoping Amos will be in the matchday 23 at the very least.

Cuthbert's 3RM deadlift says otherwise

Last edited by Stone Motif on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:14 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Andrew Hore?

You asked if anyone was daft enough to still believe it. Hore patently does, he said so recently in the national press.

Whoops, sorry. Yes, you're right.

But he says it for its marketing pull as it attracts the poor of thinking.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:15 pm

Can't see it really, but willing to be shocked. I only foresee two changes. Priestland start, Anscombe bench.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:20 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Can't see it really, but willing to be shocked. I only foresee two changes. Priestland start, Anscombe bench.

I would hope Lydiate starts as well.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:22 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Andrew Hore?

Whoops, sorry. Yes, you're right.

But he says it for its marketing pull as it attracts the poor of thinking.

You couldn't have put it better wihout unfurling that famous 'Merthyr supports the One True Region' banner
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:23 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Can't see it really, but willing to be shocked. I only foresee two changes. Priestland start, Anscombe bench.

Ospreylia Indignation Alert
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:30 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Ospreylia Indignation Alert

You'll have to explain that bit stone sorry far to intellectual for an Ebbw boy like me Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:34 pm

They'll be outraged that Tipuric is dropped BW Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:09 pm

Ah well, they'll get over it. Anyway Lydiates one of theirs now and pretty sure they will try say they turned him into a better player than when he was with us like they they done with Fussell and Evans.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:35 pm

Oh come on, Bedford. He only went on the Lions tour because they knew he was going to the Ospreys, via Racing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:36 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Oh come on, Bedford. He only went on the Lions tour because they knew he was going to the Ospreys, via Racing.

Hehe Whistle
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:37 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:Thank you Mods or whoever deleted that post, I wouldn't dignify it with a reply.

Yeah, if you can see your way clear to dignifying your own thread instead of stinking up this one, happy days
When you stop your little digs at the ONE TRUE REGION, I'll gladly leave your topic, until then I'll stick around thanks

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:40 pm

Phil for as long as it keeps winding up one man in particular and many others it seems, I'm really happy for the ONE TRUE REGION to carry on Smile

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:44 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

I would too Bedford, it's the other one in the backrow that should be dropped, and a proper captain inserted.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=62152

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20