The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem.

+13
kingraf
laverfan
slashermcguirk
greengoblin
banbrotam
TRuffin
Jahu
temporary21
LuvSports!
summerblues
Born Slippy
bogbrush
HM Murdock
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem. - Page 2 Empty US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem.

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:41 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.usopen.org/mobile/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html

Back to top Go down

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem. - Page 2 Empty Re: US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem.

Post by temporary21 Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:38 pm

He's probablu got isner   That'll be a workout and see if it clears up

temporary21

Back to top Go down

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem. - Page 2 Empty Re: US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem.

Post by banbrotam Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:50 pm

I can understand some not liking Aza when she first burst onto the scene, but she has to be one of the games most entertaining characters and for me is eminently likeable

I like the way she's tried to fight her way back to the top and she actually is a good sportsman - as illustrated by her appreciation of Kerber's exquisite lob, earlier

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:54 pm

Luv, can I forward your book or how its called? Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 8:56 pm

banbro, you just want her in bed, not much else to her.

of course shut her throat somehow, save your ear drums.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:00 pm

Jahu wrote:banbro, you just want her in bed, not much else to her.

of course shut her throat somehow, save your ear drums.

I'm sure she speaks highly of you as well. Whistle

Frankly I'm a bit disgusted by your comments. I mean are you going to let a wail at the start of a point predudiice your view about all other aspects of her? Very shallow if so. A bit like your comment

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:04 pm

OY vey.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:09 pm

Laugh Laugh only Jahu the forum's walking hard-on could disgust someone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:10 pm

bambro, thanks for your time taken to analize my comment.

admit now I was right? cut the romance crap laughing
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:11 pm

LK, don't ruin the moment man Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:15 pm

Jahu if I owned a restaurant I wouldn't offer couples an after meal coffee or mint. I would get you to give them words of wisdom for the ensuing night of passion! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:17 pm

hahaaha thx for the job!!

felt good to have banbro analyze my comment and take it so close to his bed, not many analyze my comments, i felt so important for once Laugh

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:18 pm

Apologies, that some think I've lost my usual sense of humour.

I'll be honest I've always found it quite cringeworthy, the way some on these boards talk about some of the female players (i.e. Ivanavic, Bouchard and one on here seemed to give the impression, at one stage, that Lisicki was the answer to all mens wet dreams) makes any criticism of Kyrgios, from them, totally hypocritical

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:21 pm

I did watch the Fed match. Even with the serve speed down, he found some gems at times. Big John next.

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:22 pm

I can respect that, its mostly a bit of fun, if you feel its gone over the line, dont be worried to let it be known, things like that are funny to a point...

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:26 pm

He is known for his humour..

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:26 pm

banbro, I for once apologize to you, if in anyway I ofended the way you feel/view the lady players.

But don't give up, Love is worth it. Enjoy it.

If you are a female then double sorry thumbsup
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by greengoblin Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:36 pm

banbrotam wrote:

that Lisicki was the answer to all mens wet dreams

There's definitely something about her. She's at her hottest when she's got that fierce determined look in her eyes, which is basically whenever she's not laughing.

greengoblin

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:56 pm

I love the way gasquet is like kryptonite for the young arrogant Aussies, Kyrgios, Tomic and kokkinakis. He always seems to be drawn against them and invariably knocks them out every time. Good to see gasquet returning to form and getting some good wins this year.

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:59 pm

Meanwhile come on kerber, can't take to azarenka at all. Also it saves azarenka (like sharapova) from another serena beat down. I think serenas combined H2H vs azarenka / sharapova is 38-4 which is so laughable

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 05 Sep 2015, 10:07 pm

summerblues wrote:I just want him to play well, for very selfish reasons, because I enjoy his game when he plays well. Smile

clap clap Kohl was all over the place today. Isner may get a set (or two TB sets).

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Sat 05 Sep 2015, 10:36 pm

I rather like Azarenka as a character and I also think she is quite hot.

She has a resemblance to my wife though, so I think in this case it's OK to think that.

Maria, Ana, Genie, Caroline and Sabine are tougher for me to justify in any kind of moral way.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 05 Sep 2015, 10:38 pm

I'd marry Lisicki. I'd marry Kerber. I'd marry them both, and lead a double life.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 05 Sep 2015, 11:39 pm

HM Murdock wrote:I rather like Azarenka as a character and I also think she is quite hot.

She has a resemblance to my wife though, so I think in this case it's OK to think that.

Maria, Ana, Genie, Caroline and Sabine are tougher for me to justify in any kind of moral way.

They all look like my wives, so I'm OK morally.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 06 Sep 2015, 12:58 am

I thought I'd join in this debate and spice it up.

So...for the record... I am not interested in sexual intercourse or marriage with any tennis players.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun 06 Sep 2015, 1:06 am

Tennis must have been top-notch today judging by the quality of the comments...

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 06 Sep 2015, 1:18 am

Well Donald Young had a good match and got to see the finish today. He came back from 2 sets down for the second time in the tournament. He also managed a come back victory from 1 set down in the other match. I managed to see the last set today, some good shots and pumped up crowd etc.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 06 Sep 2015, 1:20 am

Not lost a set watch

I make it that 5 players have got through to R4 without losing a set.

They are Djokovic (23 games lost), Tsonga (25), Wawrinka (46), Isner (27) and Federer (20). Warwinka has had a few tiebreaks, but the others are just cruising through.

Something tells me that Isner and Federer will not be taking 6-1 and 6-2 sets off each other, so perhaps they will struggle to maintain this record.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 06 Sep 2015, 1:21 am

It was inspired stuff. Now he can, finally, finally turn a great slam performance into something concrete for a whole year?

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Sun 06 Sep 2015, 1:42 am

Tennis press has to be the worst of any sport.  Reports from fans on forums and Twitter that federer cut his practice short and looked Ill, fed serving 80mph serves, and his after press conference is full of questions about if he will attempt saber against Isner and what he did last night. Not one probing queston.  Then they ask his opponent in his presser if he's ever seen fed playing so well?!  Kohl looked at them like they were insane.

Last edited by TRuffin on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 06 Sep 2015, 1:42 am

temporary21 wrote:It was inspired stuff. Now he can, finally, finally turn a great slam performance into something concrete for a whole year?
Maybe he could.  Time is on his side, he is still Young.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 06 Sep 2015, 2:14 am

Tumbleweed

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 06 Sep 2015, 2:35 am

Murray's game looks more defense-oriented than it recently used to.  When I saw it in Cincy I thought maybe he was just tired from Canada, but he is yet again playing very defensive tennis tonight.  He is possibly the most defensive-minded of all the players remaining in the draw.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 06 Sep 2015, 2:41 am

Defensive or not, he is playing quite well today. Takes the first set.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 06 Sep 2015, 4:32 am

Murray wins in straight sets, but the whole defensive mindset is very strange and what a difference between Lendl days and Mauresmo/Bjorkman days. Murray's natural attack has been neutered. Doh

He is happy to run, junk ball and draw errors.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 06 Sep 2015, 8:37 am

I thought the whole point of Mauresmo was to go in the opposite direction. It's not like she played that way.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun 06 Sep 2015, 8:50 am

Yeah, he's been much more aggressive since he got Mauresmo on board. I haven't seen any of his matches in NY but if he has gone more defensive again then it makes no sense. He must know that he isn't going through Stan, Fed and Novak in defensive mode.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 06 Sep 2015, 11:02 am

Murray played that match the correct way. You don't feed him power as he returns with interest. Murray used variations of spin and angles in his shots to force the mistakes from Bellucci and it worked. People maylook and say where is the skill in that? The skill is in the variety and the coup De gras when he set up passing winners from great angles. An improvement on the last round definitely but not going to win him the title.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2015, 11:08 am

laverfan wrote:Murray wins in straight sets, but the whole defensive mindset is very strange and what a difference between Lendl days and Mauresmo/Bjorkman days. Murray's natural attack has been neutered. Doh

He is happy to run, junk ball and draw errors.

I would agree in the first 2 matches, but his performance last night much more positive in my opinion. Really used his FH as a weapon last night which was impressive. Bellucci played well in the first, but sunk without a trace afterwards. Murray had him on a string.

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun 06 Sep 2015, 12:16 pm

That seems to be the common consensus on the performance. Good to see him building into the tournament.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 06 Sep 2015, 2:42 pm

slashermcguirk wrote:I love the way gasquet is like kryptonite for the young arrogant Aussies, Kyrgios, Tomic and kokkinakis. He always seems to be drawn against them and invariably knocks them out every time. Good to see gasquet returning to form and getting some good wins this year.

Gasquet and Tomic get on pretty well. Doubt he will "celebrate" a point (and what point!) like that with someone else :

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x34x49e_us-open-le-superbe-coup-de-richard-gasquet-contre-bernard-tomic_sport

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 06 Sep 2015, 11:22 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I would agree in the first 2 matches, but his performance last night much more positive in my opinion. Really used his FH as a weapon last night which was impressive. Bellucci played well in the first, but sunk without a trace afterwards. Murray had him on a string.
I only saw the first set and the end of the third, but what I saw was not in line with this.  Andy played well - very well even - but he was not the attacking player.  He mostly let Bellucci do the attacking.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 6:34 am

summerblues wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:I would agree in the first 2 matches, but his performance last night much more positive in my opinion. Really used his FH as a weapon last night which was impressive. Bellucci played well in the first, but sunk without a trace afterwards. Murray had him on a string.
I only saw the first set and the end of the third, but what I saw was not in line with this.  Andy played well - very well even - but he was not the attacking player.  He mostly let Bellucci do the attacking.

So you missed set 2 and most of the third and make a judgment on that? Right.

Like I said, Bellucci did well in the first and attacked, but Andy attacked in the 2nd and the 3rd.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 07 Sep 2015, 6:58 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:An improvement on the last round definitely but not going to win him the title.

His matches are going to get tougher, not easier. He will get a lot of pace from Anderson and Wawrinka. Anderson may be an easier opponent, but Wawrinka is not an easy one.

On a side note, happy to see JwT get to a QF.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon 07 Sep 2015, 9:40 am

Djoko foot smashing another racket.

Little Monaco Prince, just can't control himself.

US Open Day 6 - I Saw Huey Lewis And Was Told To Kerb My Enthusiasm As It Wasn't Him. I Don't Believe Thiem. - Page 2 2ykjt6t
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2