The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick blog (first of 5) on my preview of the world cup - rules etc simply explained for beginners

+5
donglewood
Gwlad
aucklandlaurie
yappysnap
ChequeredJersey
9 posters

Go down

Quick blog (first of 5) on my preview of the world cup - rules etc simply explained for beginners Empty Quick blog (first of 5) on my preview of the world cup - rules etc simply explained for beginners

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 09 Sep 2015, 9:07 am

https://indigojac.wordpress.com/2015/09/09/the-2015-rugby-world-cup-my-preview-and-view-preliminary-bits/

Just in case someone has any interest or wants a (badly written) intro to the game for any friends who don't know rugby but are interested in watching the RWC
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Quick blog (first of 5) on my preview of the world cup - rules etc simply explained for beginners Empty Re: Quick blog (first of 5) on my preview of the world cup - rules etc simply explained for beginners

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 10 Sep 2015, 11:35 am

https://indigojac.wordpress.com/2015/09/10/pool-a/

B, C and D will probably be shorter and less detailed 
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Quick blog (first of 5) on my preview of the world cup - rules etc simply explained for beginners Empty Re: Quick blog (first of 5) on my preview of the world cup - rules etc simply explained for beginners

Post by yappysnap Thu 10 Sep 2015, 8:46 pm

OK

I randomly read some of your stuff on the NHS as well, as an outsider with no clue it was pretty enlightening.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 11 Sep 2015, 8:41 pm

Thanks Yappy. Would be good to try and meet up with you guys again, now I'm a doctor and can afford to keep up with all the drinking!

Here's Pool B

https://indigojac.wordpress.com/2015/09/11/pool-b/
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 11 Sep 2015, 8:56 pm

Jeez CJ you'll get carpal tunnel syndrome, but you'll now be able to fix yourself.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 12 Sep 2015, 2:07 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:https://indigojac.wordpress.com/2015/09/10/pool-a/

i'd stick to sticking needles in people CJ. thumbsup

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Sat 12 Sep 2015, 8:23 am

I'm still not sure of that AA double tackle. He grabs both at the same time - surely he had to be obstructing or tackling one without the ball?

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:49 am

Gwlad wrote:

Amazingly it's not too much effort to manage both (not concurrently). Thanks for the input though, it was really useful
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat 12 Sep 2015, 1:21 pm

Great blogs! Your points are excellently put across and I agree with most of it. One small correction: Josh Strauss qualifies days after the RWC starts, but before any of Scotland's matches are actually played.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 12 Sep 2015, 2:21 pm

IanBru wrote:Great blogs! Your points are excellently put across and I agree with most of it. One small correction: Josh Strauss qualifies days after the RWC starts, but before any of Scotland's matches are actually played.

Thanks! I'll amend it
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:11 pm

Gwlad wrote:

picard

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 12 Sep 2015, 11:31 pm

yappysnap wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

picard

picard

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 16 Sep 2015, 2:47 am

https://indigojac.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/pool-cby/
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 17 Sep 2015, 4:56 pm

Gwlad wrote:
yappysnap wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

picard

picard

picard picard

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 17 Sep 2015, 6:03 pm

BamBam wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Are you a doctor too? Or happen to know one? Get yourself prescribed some cyanide, do us all a favour thumbsup

Obvioulsy you have no class whatsoever to have stepped over the line and suggest what you have here. Do yourself a favor and grow up.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 17 Sep 2015, 6:03 pm

yappysnap wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
yappysnap wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

picard

picard

picard picard

Tumbleweed

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:22 pm

I apologise to Gwlad , I was out of line

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Fri 18 Sep 2015, 3:00 am

Good effort CJ. Very Happy

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 18 Sep 2015, 6:18 pm

https://indigojac.wordpress.com/2015/09/18/pool-d/
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 18 Sep 2015, 6:19 pm

blackcanelion wrote:Good effort CJ. Very Happy

Thanks Smile
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 22 Sep 2015, 8:21 pm

Good articles mate. OK

And yes we need to go out for drinks again, now that you're a Dr (eg loaded).

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:47 pm

Misconception about my pay. Not "loaded" as a junior doctor, though I do fine. Better do it soon before I get an enforced 15-30% (nobody knows yet) pay cut from Hunt though!!!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Wed 23 Sep 2015, 6:40 am

Nice blogs.

ChequeredJersey's blog wrote:You’d think that Scotland, who had an awful 6 Nations and lost every match,and Samoa would be playing for second but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for either to shock South Africa (The Springboks) and the “minnows” of the pool, Japan and the USA, have the capacity to upset Scotland and Samoa!

You were close with your predictions there. Think Pool B might become a pool where bonus points might see you through.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down