The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+26
skins4ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
Lowlandbrit
cherriesfna
CJB
liverbnz
Take it to the house
sportform
Forward Pass
Bull
crazy_dave23
Skyforger
kwinigolfer
twelve283
Number-25
wadey101
CFCNick
TM Moot
BamBam
NYJ
Thomond
mikeygnfl
Simon Hill
sodhat
Pr4wn
30 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 3 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Pr4wn Thu 03 Sep 2015, 2:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tom Brady's ban has been nullified.

Red faces at NFL HQ.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 3 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC Sun 13 Sep 2015, 9:19 pm

Not a lot of good offensive line play in Denver right now
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 3 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 13 Sep 2015, 9:20 pm

Olly wrote:
Number-25 wrote:
Olly wrote:So who do Tampa take #1 in April

#1?? Have they agreed a trade with Redskins already??

They're 21-0 down against Tennessee inside 8 minutes.

It's a non contest

If the Redskins want the first pick off Tampa they always have a few years worth of first rounders to spare...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Sep 2015, 9:25 pm

That was a duck by Rivers
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:01 pm

Marcus Mariota has 4 TDs in 10 completed passes. Either he's very good or the Buccaneers are awful.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:03 pm

POST SEASON PEYTON!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:05 pm

Hes good but in this case its the 2nd. The Bucs are awful at everything bar goalline run d and hes getting the scores.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:09 pm

Olly wrote:POST SEASON PEYTON!
He looks finished. He didn't finish last season that well and had a poor preseason.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:12 pm

I feel sorry for anyone watching the Ravens Broncos game.

Truly awful.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:17 pm

Hands up who has Mariota on their bench?

Hands up those who have Eli Manning starting instead?

Just me? Oh sh!t!

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:19 pm

Imagine what it's gonna be like for Tampa when they play a good team
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:37 pm

Talib picks off Flacco for the 2nd pick 6 of the game.

This is an awful, awful game.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:38 pm

Just tuned into the BAL-DEN game in time to see a pick six. Very Happy

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:39 pm

The Lions led 21-3. Since then they've been absolutely dominated
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:41 pm

Tyler Eifert doing work for Cincinnati, hope he stays healthy this year.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:43 pm

San Diego's offence is a sneaky great one...some really nice pieces
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:51 pm

The Lions might want to consider coming up and making a play rather than sitting back and failing to tackle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Sep 2015, 11:08 pm

Sean "No Balls" Payton. Game over in Arizona
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:12 am

I don't know why I expected something better Sad

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:27 am

Winstons struggles will take center stage, but as a team the Bucs were pathetic. It wasn't even hard for Mariota to throw 4 TDs. Cant see Lovie surviving this season at the moment
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:08 am

CFCNick wrote:Hands up who has Mariota on their bench?

Hands up those who have Eli Manning starting instead?

Just me? Oh sh!t!

I had Wilson starting and Mariota on the bench. Not as bad as Manning, but 11 points missed out on. And Mariota only played 3 quarters!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:55 am

Number-25 wrote:So, the interception machine that is Kirk Cousins gave us another 2 INTs today.

Some other news for you... the sky is blue and snow is cold.

I only caught the 4th quarter online, so I can't really comment on anything but highlights and stats, but the biggest things that jumped out at me from the stats are:

1) Running game is solid again against a tough Dolphins front. 4.8 yards a carry on 31 attempts from the #1 and #2 backs is great.
2) Cousins is not the answer. 2 INT and 196 yards off 21 completions is not good. The 1st pick was a dumb play instead of running the ball and the second, while a great INT from the defender, would never have been thrown. Garcon was not open, period. Losing DJax hurt, but we should have the depth at WR to at least be able to test anyone deep. 9.3y per completion indicates we have no deep ball. And he was only sacked once, so pressure isn't an excuse.
3) DJax down is going to hurt us, and a hammy, even a slight pull, could affect him all season.
4) Run D is pretty good, as I would expect. Pass rush not so much, although we got 3 sacks. Secondary is where it falls down. I'd have to see the whole game to comment on D play calling, but watching the very end of the game, I couldn't help but think that we don't have the guys to cover when we absolutely have to shut down an offense. Hard to critique play calling when guys can't cover and make game saving tackles.
5) Special Teams again kills us. to be specific, punting. We have a great punter, but we can't cover what he kicks. Landry is electric, but the gap he had to run into was enormous. One game is not enough to pick apart whether it's coaching or talent, but my leaning is coaching.

I'm not as pessimistic as some, but I can see the same key problem as last year - we can't take control of a game when we are leading. That's on the coaches and particularly the play calling. We seem to be good at chewing up clock - 63% of possession, but not putting the associated points on the board. We don't go for the jugular when we are on top, and it comes back to kill us at the end of games. Sad

We have a decent D, so we're not as bad as Tampa, but I am almost at the point of wishing for a lousy season so we can draft #1 and book the HC into the bargain! Shocked

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:59 am

Just seen Dez Bryant is out for a while, big loss

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:51 am

In other news: http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/13/9321267/miss-america-contestant-says-she-knows-tom-brady-cheated-immediately

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 14 Sep 2015, 11:53 am

How about them Raiders?

Our best play all afternoon was the FB Gut.

Our QBs are terrified of throwing the ball past 10 yards. Or our offensive coordinator truly believes on 3rd and 8 that the best option is to throw to the flat and hope a receiver beats three unblocked men.

We need to be renamed to the Oakland Checkdowns.

The secondary is so bad that it negates any benefit we may get from a solid defensive front. The ball is out before Khalil Mack engages a blocker.

That was seriously hard to watch after an offseason spent with general optimism.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

Think people forget during the off season just how bad your team's are, then it suddenly hits in week 1 that you stink.

But Tampa bay were something else. We knew Winston would struggle behind that o-line, he made somebad throws but didn't look too bad overall. The defence in that 1st half probably put up the worst half of defence in nfl history. Lovie Smith should've been fired in the locker room at the half for how incompetent they were
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 14 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm

Decrip has a hamstring strain, out for a few weeks
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 14 Sep 2015, 11:39 pm

Kiko Alonso doing his best Odell Beckham Jr impression to make an interception catch in the endzone
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:53 am

Olly wrote:Think people forget during the off season just how bad your team's are, then it suddenly hits in week 1 that you stink.

But Tampa bay were something else. We knew Winston would struggle behind that o-line, he made somebad throws but didn't look too bad overall. The defence in that 1st half probably put up the worst half of defence in nfl history. Lovie Smith should've been fired in the locker room at the half for how incompetent they were

But he's running a Tampa 2, IN TAMPA

How could this not work out? It's like playing for Green Bay and being allergic to cheese.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:04 am

sodhat wrote:
Olly wrote:Think people forget during the off season just how bad your team's are, then it suddenly hits in week 1 that you stink.

How could this not work out? It's like playing for Green Bay and being allergic to cheese.

I get what he's trying to do. We won the Superbowl running a Tampa 2 but you need pressure from the front four and good safeties.

Chris Conte. Shocked

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:17 am

That's the pressure to go undefeated off.

Did what we did with Jacksonville last season, ended up looking forward to Dallas and got sucker punched out the gate. More than slightly frustrating.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:03 am

Bradford was shaky - constantly staring down his #1 target on each play.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:35 am

Pr4wn wrote:
sodhat wrote:

I get what he's trying to do. We won the Superbowl running a Tampa 2 but you need pressure from the front four and good safeties.

Chris Conte. Shocked

Major Wright, Chris Conte and Tim Jennings. Who'd have thought recreating the backfield that got him fired on Chicago would be so bad a few years down the line in Tampa eh?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:58 am

Wright isn't too bad, but Conte is just dreadful. He never does anything good. Ever.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 15 Sep 2015, 3:54 pm

Olly wrote:Bradford was shaky - constantly staring down his #1 target on each play.

He was putting together increasingly long drives to make up for his own team's penchant for giving up penalties. He must have moved the team over 100 yards on a single drive at least once...

The pick before the half looks very costly now though.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 15 Sep 2015, 5:31 pm

The Bucs don't run half as much Tampa 2 as you think they do. Ironically he first touchdown probably would have been prevented if they were in it. They got lured in by Mariota's fakes a good deal of the time. All their secondary players played absolutely terribly. Lavonte David had the worst game of his career, constantly out of position.

Many Bucs DBs gave up the inside on passing plays and with safeties who can't over they got done a few times. Bucs struggled in man and cover one, and other zones. No pressure, guys not sticking to their assignments, non-existant tackling, poor angles. Everything you ould ask for.

Credit to Whiz for coming up with a great gameplan, reminiscent of Oregon to a degree (before someone brings up RG3, Mariota's success came more in the pocket so potentially it's more stable). Mariota delivered crisp passes, but my God did he have some easy windows.

As for Winston, he looked bad, knew it would take time. His mechanics haven't improved though which is a problem. Bucs did little to help him, why you have long developing routes with a porous OL is anyone's guess. Hopefully they ca get a running game going and lessen his responsibility, Martin has looked good recently (wasn't as bad as people thought to begin with).

Worst comes to worst Lovie is gone and I would be far from heartbroken about that.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 17 Sep 2015, 7:20 pm

Olly wrote:It appears Jason Pierre Paul has blown some of his hand off using fireworks
For those wondering what he's left with:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/exclusive-photos-jason-pierre-paul-hand-article-1.2364444

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 17 Sep 2015, 7:43 pm

Yeah hes done
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Sep 2015, 7:26 am

Twitter-ers - does anybody follow pftcommenter? Guy is hilarious, his Andy Reid clock management tweet last night was gold
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:34 pm

JOHNNY FOOTBALL
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:51 pm

Nice interception Butler.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:55 pm

GRONK CAN'T STOP HIM
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:02 pm

58 TD's in 67 career games, 49 TD's in his last 51 games. 

Gronk going out wide as a WR inside the 5 is like one of the Madden cheat plays
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:09 pm

Dion Lewis getting waived this week
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:44 pm

We have some peak Jeff Fisher and Jay Cutler occuring
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:00 pm

Nice to see the Redskins are consistent.... decent 1st half.... 2nd half though, stop running the ball, start passing it for no reason even though you're up by 17.... turn it over and then start giving up big plays on defense.

It's a script they follow every week to perfection.

Watch them blow a 17 point halftime lead before the 3rd quarter is over. It's what we do!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm

If only Carson Palmer had stayed fit last season...
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:32 pm

Rams/Redskins.... two offenses trying to see who can be the least bad.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm

Number-25 wrote:Rams/Redskins.... two offenses trying to see who can be the least bad.

Think you spoke too soon. Great drive for the 14 point lead. Can't see the Rams scoring 14 in 2.5 minutes the way our D has played.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:50 pm

skins4ever wrote:
Number-25 wrote:Rams/Redskins.... two offenses trying to see who can be the least bad.

Think you spoke too soon. Great drive for the 14 point lead. Can't see the Rams scoring 14 in 2.5 minutes the way our D has played.

It's called reverse psychology Wink

It was a good drive, yet what did they do? They stuck with the run. If we're going to win any games then that will be how we do it. We need to run it from the first minute to the last.... we've run the ball 34 times tonight - that's what I'm talking about!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm

37 points hung up in 3 quarters by Brady and co.

Man it's gotta suck to be losing your super bowl like this buffalo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next