The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anybody guess who this objective chap is?

+10
Coxy001
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
Nico the gman
milkyboy
AdamT
88Chris05
Dipper Brown
14 posters

Go down

Can anybody guess who this objective chap is? Empty Can anybody guess who this objective chap is?

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:45 am

A Dark Cloud has been lifted from the world of boxing, a cloud that tried to destroy this great sport.

It cherry picked fights, swindled boxers, smeared boxed, took doping to a new level with the career break cycles, bored fan to tears with dull performance, never fought on a level playing field, seemingly buying officials and even the drug testers who ignored breaches of anti-doping.

Ran, spoiled, and grappled, continuously brought the sport into disrepute. And attracted large amount of fanboys into the game, who were not interested in the sport but more about what went on outside the squared circle.

But today is a great day, for the first time in a long time, there is hope, for a better tomorrow in boxing. Where fighters have that pride back, where money is not the biggest motivator, glory is. Where heart and courage are the important factors in boxing once more.

Boxing is blessed with some truly great fighters, and the hopefully the real fans will appreciate them now that the side show and been banished.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Can anybody guess who this objective chap is? Empty Re: Can anybody guess who this objective chap is?

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:50 am

You joke, but there'll be tears before bed time with this thread.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Can anybody guess who this objective chap is? Empty Re: Can anybody guess who this objective chap is?

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:53 am

I think it's our very own Rodney! Wink
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:55 am

I have to say he isn't a bad writer, to be fair!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:27 am

AdamT wrote:I have to say he isn't a bad writer, to be fair!

!!!!!!!!????????*******!!!!!!

D4 the scribe

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:28 am

I mean the comprehension is good, not the content lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:31 am

AdamT wrote:I have to say he isn't a bad writer, to be fair!
Haz is a decent writer wouldn't be him would it Adam.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:32 am

Naw Haz isn't D4, I am sure!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:41 am

Well he has accused me of being an alias and he does have a blind hatred for Floyd!

I wonder!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:58 pm

Naw D4's mentally unstable, so much so that he dissappeared the day after Manny lost and has only just reappeared now. Guys a buffoon and even I won't engage with him anymore.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:11 pm

Right decision for Floyd to go...Just need Hoppo..Wlad and Manny to follow too..

Only thing that's a worry is the lack of stars around to take Boxing on..

GGG has certainly caught the imagination but who else ???..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:13 pm

It AZ

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:24 pm

It's not me. I would never have put the D and C in dark clouds in capitals for no apparent reason.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:24 pm

Derbymanc wrote:dissappeared the day after Manny lost and has only just reappeared now

And I thought something had happened to him. Damnit.

Anyway, once his hero retires he won't have anyone to comment on/rub his 3" excuse for a c0ck over and will never be seen again on boxing forums.

As for who wrote it... I'm going to go for Hayemaker who's making a comeback like his idol.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:36 pm

Yes! Come on hayemaker!!! If it's any consolation Coxy001, since Strongback took his sabbatical, I think you're great value on this board.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:14 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I think it's our very own Rodney! Wink

Ha - could be. Good article though. Seriously will anyone miss him ? The circus has left town for now.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:16 pm

Rodney wrote:

Ha - could be. Good article though. Seriously will anyone miss him ? The circus has left town for now.

Cheers, Rodders

We won't miss your bitter ramblings about him either..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers, Rodders

Its hasn't stopped you spouting off about Louis and he's been dead 30 odd years.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:22 pm

does anybody seriously think he's retiring... at 49-0... seriously? Really? I mean come on people, get with the program.

Sadly there's going to be more circus and more bitter ramblings.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:25 pm

milkyboy wrote:does anybody seriously think he's retiring... at 49-0... seriously? Really? I mean come on people, get with the program.

Sadly I agree - I look forward to the All access/ 24/7 shows with him though. Always new and inventive.

Cheers, Rodders

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm

'fraid so rodders, the blingathon will be coming to a tv screen near you very shortly.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm

Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers, Rodders

Its hasn't stopped you spouting off about Louis and he's been dead 30 odd years.

Cheers, Rodders

Louis is my number 2 heavy by a mile and I've conceded he's a great heavyweight and top 15 alltimer....

Bit different than....Boring, wifebeater, overrated, scum of the earth, stinker...and all the rest of your bollox ad nauseum.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:34 pm

Floyd will await until the "supplements" flush out and will arrange a comeback.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:57 pm

AdamT wrote:Floyd will await until the "supplements" flush out and will arrange a comeback.

Stupid comment

you should be banned for this.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:20 pm

I am so sorry.

I was using it in jest.

Everyone knows Mr Mayweather is a clean athlete and is trying to clean up boxing, with his strict drug testing.

He is all about hard work and dedication and isn't the type of guy to bend rules.

Happy now one2??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

I'd retire if I was Floyd. I wouldn't have fought Berto to be honest. He's accomplished enough, as long as he's happy with what he's achieved, why appease the experts/fans?

I'm not a fan, never have been but I don't begrudge anyone getting out of the game with their faculties and money. 49, 50. What does it matter? There's an asterisk next to every achievement in boxing, not like in other sports where a trophy is a trophy. Someone's always going to complain, take the money and run.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:53 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
AdamT wrote:Floyd will await until the "supplements" flush out and will arrange a comeback.

Stupid comment

I'll get back to you on this. If you have not heard from me by this time tomorrow assume my thorough investigations have not found Adam guilty.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:59 pm

Why would Floyd retire? What's the point?

He takes no punishment and can make $1m per minute for an evening's work against any old bum he chooses to fight.

Who on here would retire if they could make money that easily....??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:01 pm

milkyboy wrote:does anybody seriously think he's retiring... at 49-0... seriously? Really? I mean come on people, get with the program.

This is really, really tough for me to say, but I think you might be right for once. Very Happy I think Floyd will fight again and it wouldn't surprise me if Pacquiao got another chance.

It wouldn't do the numbers that their first fight did but it would do better than anything else right now.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:10 pm

I think it will Pacquaio as well.

Perhaps Manny deals with Khan first, then the rematch will be set.

won't do 4million buys, but will still exceed 2 million

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:10 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Who on here would retire if they could make money that easily....??

I'd retire the minute I had enough not to work again, but still support a completely dissolute lifestyle. I'm a lazy fat fool though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:01 pm

Rowley wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Stupid comment

I'll get back to you on this. If you have not heard from me by this time tomorrow assume my thorough investigations have not found Adam guilty.

.... If you have to start banning people for stupid comments, it'd be lonely round here... Not that I'd be here to know

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm

Atila wrote:

This is really, really tough for me to say, but I think you might be right for once. Very Happy I think Floyd will fight again and it wouldn't surprise me if Pacquiao got another chance.

It wouldn't do the numbers that their first fight did but it would do better than anything else right now.

It takes a big man to admit I'm right about anything

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:37 pm

I didn't want to start yet another Mayweather thread so I thought I'd put this bit of info here. Apparently, ESPN is reporting that Mayweather v Berto didn't sell that many PPV buys compared to Mayweather's usual numbers.

Report: Mayweather vs Berto PPV buys 550,000 a 'generous' estimate
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/9/16/9335689/dan-rafael-550k-a-generous-estimate-for-mayweather-berto-buys

As it turns out, Floyd Mayweather cannot, in fact, sell all by himself.

ESPN's leading boxing expert, Dan Rafael, has word on the early pay-per-view (PPV) buy estimate for his recent fight with Andre Berto, which took place this past weekend (Sat., Sept. 12, 2015) inside MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

And, by "Money" standards, they ain't much.

That's somewhat of a significant step down from 4.4 million earlier this year when he danced around Manny Pacquiao and around 300,000 less than his squash match with Robert Guerrero in May 2013.

In the main event itself, Mayweather defeated Berto by unanimous decision in an uninteresting affair (to watch full fight video highlights click here).

The PPV suffered from the one-two punch of being overpriced (as high as $75 for certain providers) and having an incredibly poorly-matched main event. Without the tantalizing possibility of Mayweather getting knocked out in his "final" fight, the interest just wasn't there.

Boxing's next big PPV is a clash between knockout artists Gennady Golovkin and David Lemieux on Oct. 17, 2015, which is co-helmed by perhaps the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world, Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez, against consistently-exciting Brian Viloria.

It's a terrifically intriguing and well-matched card, so it will be interesting to see how its buys compare to this one.

One thing's for sure: It'll be a hell of a lot more fun than last weekend.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:07 pm

Please Floyd, no more, Stay retired. I really don't care about watching you clown Karim Mayfield.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down