The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland v Japan, 23 September

+79
Fanster
No9
monty junior
cheapshot
Welly
Breadvan
Imperialbigdave
trebellbobaggins
Tiger/Chief
maestegmafia
yappysnap
beshocked
spaynter
chewed_mintie
WELL-PAST-IT
Sgt_Pooly
Geordie
brennomac
Margin_Walker
kingjohn7
kunu
Pot Hale
GunsGerms
Artful_Dodger
LeinsterFan4life
Duty281
VinceWLB
sportform
offload
profitius
SecretFly
Pete330v2
emack2
Nematode
mikey_dragon
Jimpy
flyhalffactory
nickj
madmaccas
cakeordeath
BamBam
whocares
R!skysports
LondonTiger
IanBru
Eejit
reallybored
InjuredYetAgain
fa0019
LordDowlais
Tattie Scones RRN
NeilyBroon
TJ
kingraf
alive555
BigGee
Notch
bsando
MacKnocked-on
majesticimperialman
TightHEAD
TheMildlyFranticLlama
lostinwales
highland_scot
Majestic83
Gwlad
Rugby Fan
GLove39
tigertattie
jimbopip
EWT Spoons
funnyExiledScot
Weegie Wizard
RuggerRadge2611
dallym
RDW
awayandbileyerheid
George Carlin
83 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Scotland v Japan, 23 September - Page 3 Empty Scotland v Japan, 23 September

Post by George Carlin Thu 17 Sep 2015, 6:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Scotland v Japan, 23 September - Page 3 Scot_f10    Scotland v Japan, 23 September - Page 3 Japan10
SCOTLAND V JAPAN
23 September 2015
KO: 14:30 BST
Kingsholm, Gloucester

Live on [tbc]

Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)
Touch judges: George Clancy (Ireland) & Marius Mitrea (Italy)
Television match official: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

A. Head to Head

4 Played 4
4 Won 0
0 Drawn 0
0 Lost 4
221 Points 45

B. Recent Form

09 Nov 2013
Scotland 42 - 17 Japan
Murrayfield, Edinburgh

13 Nov 2004
Scotland 100 - 8 Japan
McDiarmid Park, Perth

12 Oct 2003
Scotland 32 - 11 Japan
Dairy Farmers Stadium, Townsville

05 Oct 1991
Scotland 47 - 9 Japan
Murrayfield, Edinburgh

C. Teams

SCOTLAND
Scotland v Japan, 23 September - Page 3 Kirsty10
15 Stuart Hogg
14 Tommy Seymour
13 Mark Bennett
12 Matt Scott
11 Sean Lamont
10 Finn Russell
09 Greig Laidlaw (c)

01 Ali Dickinson
02 Ross Ford
03 Willem Nel
04 Grant Gilchrist
05 Jonny Gray
06 Ryan Wilson
07 John Hardie
08 David Denton

16 Fraser Brown
17 Ryan Grant
18 Jon Welsh
19 Richie Gray
20 Joshua Strauss
21 Henry Pyrgos
22 Peter Horne
23 Sean Maitland

JAPAN
Scotland v Japan, 23 September - Page 3 Koshib10
01- Keita Inagaki
02- Shota Horie
03- Hiroshi Yamashita
04- Luke Thompson
05- Justin Ives
06- Michael Leitch (captain)
07- Michael Broadhurst
08- Amanaki Mafi

09- Fumiaki Tanaka
10- Harumichi Tatekawa
11- Kenki Fukuoka
12- Yu Tamura
13- Male Sa'u
14- Kotaro Matsushima
15- Ayumu Goromaru

16- Takeshi Kizu
17- Masataka Mikami
18- Kensuke Hatakeyama
19- Shinya Makabe
20- Shoji Ito
21- Hendrik Tui
22- Atsushi Hiwasa
23- Karne Hesketh

Last edited by George Carlin on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 5:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scotland v Japan, 23 September - Page 3 Empty Re: Scotland v Japan, 23 September

Post by tigertattie Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:24 am

There's a couple of points to highlight!

1 - Jimbo most likely did another quote function boo boo!

2 - Hud on of talk about potentially topping the group until we've at least played one game at the world cup!

3 - If we put the big boys out against japan then they'll possibly do to us what they did to the Bokke! Japan used quick thinking and quick feet to get around SA! If we stick out Stockosh et al then we'll simply play into Japan's hands!

We need to play our game to beat them. We need a pacey, mobile pack to compete at the breakdown and we need a functioning line out to secure territory and possession. We need pick and goes from our forwards, hitting the ball up around the ruck to suck in the Japanese defenders. We need to use Gray, Strauss, Baldwin and even Schlong to bosch up the middle to keep the Japanese tight, then whip the ball out to the likes of Seymour, Bennett and Hogg/Maitland to use the space out wide.

I'm sure Vern knows better than I do, but if you just play 'big boy rugby' or 'quick, get out wide ASAP rugby' these days, you get found out and tend to lose. You need to mix things up. Play tight when you need to and go expansive when the oppertunity arises.

Where we need to focus on is our breakdown work, making sure we get there in defense and in attack but not over committing numbers!

Dunno how many times I say it, but the winners of the breakdown tend to be the winners of the game! Yer fancy show pony backs just decide how big the spectacle is!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Scotland v Japan, 23 September - Page 3 Empty Re: Scotland v Japan, 23 September

Post by TJ Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:28 am

Its well gone time for this group of Scotland players to actually produce. Its the best team we have had for decades, Big Vern must have them prepared as he wants by now. Its time to do some talking on the pitch.

Personally I would select our best 15 to start ad use subs early if we are winning well. We do not have 30+ international standard players to allow us to pick and chose - its time for the first team and stick with it.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:29 am

Scotland should aim for (in that order) :

1) A win
2) A win with no injuries
3) A BP win with no injuries

this is probably valid for any team playing their first game anyway. for that get the score board ticking during the 1H and all going well go for the BP during the 2H.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:37 am

whocares wrote:Scotland should aim for (in that order) :

1) A win
2) A win with no injuries
3) A BP win with no injuries

this is probably valid for any team playing their first game anyway. for that get the score board ticking during the 1H and all going well go for the BP during the 2H.

Agree 100%

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:40 am

tigertattie wrote:There's a couple of points to highlight!

1 - Jimbo most likely did another quote function boo boo! No I did not. I just wanted to see which of you shower was too lazy to read attentively.

2 - Hud on of talk about potentially topping the group until we've at least played one game at the world cup!

3 - If we put the big boys out against japan then they'll possibly do to us what they did to the Bokke! Japan used quick thinking and quick feet to get around SA! If we stick out Stockosh et al then we'll simply play into Japan's hands!

We need to play our game to beat them. We need a pacey, mobile pack to compete at the breakdown and we need a functioning line out to secure territory and possession. We need pick and goes from our forwards, hitting the ball up around the ruck to suck in the Japanese defenders. We need to use Gray, Strauss, Baldwin and even Schlong to bosch up the middle to keep the Japanese tight, then whip the ball out to the likes of Seymour, Bennett and Hogg/Maitland to use the space out wide. Baldwin, Baldwin ? Who the fecc is Baldwin?

I'm sure Vern knows better than I do, but if you just play 'big boy rugby' or 'quick, get out wide ASAP rugby' these days, you get found out and tend to lose. You need to mix things up. Play tight when you need to and go expansive when the oppertunity arises.

Where we need to focus on is our breakdown work, making sure we get there in defense and in attack but not over committing numbers!

Dunno how many times I say it, but the winners of the breakdown tend to be the winners of the game! Yer fancy show pony backs just decide how big the spectacle is!

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:42 am

Lol.  Stop putting text into people's posts! Silly Jimbo!

Baldwin = Claire Baldwin = David Denton Esquire
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:45 am

As you gentleman must know I will be taking Caz, the quiet Bok to St James' next week.
I turned up to take the under 13's training on Sunday and and one of the other parents was chortling as he said, "Yeah, one minute after the final whistle Jakey phoned me wanting Caz's mobile number so he could wind him up."

When I got home I told MrsPip. She didn't miss a beat and said,

"You've got Japan next, do you want me to text your number to Jakey now?"

Does she know more about rugby than we previously suspected?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

Tiger, Laugh Laugh Laugh

I like to make RDW work to find the jokes.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:There's a couple of points to highlight!

1 - Jimbo most likely did another quote function boo boo! No I did not. I just wanted to see which of you shower was too lazy to read attentively.

We need to play our game to beat them. We need a pacey, mobile pack to compete at the breakdown and we need a functioning line out to secure territory and possession. We need pick and goes from our forwards, hitting the ball up around the ruck to suck in the Japanese defenders. We need to use Gray, Strauss, Baldwin and even Schlong to bosch up the middle to keep the Japanese tight, then whip the ball out to the likes of Seymour, Bennett and Hogg/Maitland to use the space out wide. Baldwin, Baldwin ? Who the fecc is Baldwin?

I'm glad someone pointed out that Jimbo types into the quote instead of down thje bottom.

His quoting abilities are legendary but I had no idea how to decipher is quotes untill now thanks Tattie! thumbsup
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:48 am

Now, now boys...

I'm beginning to feel like a dead pig's head at the Conservative Party Conference.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:53 am

jimbopip wrote:Tiger, Laugh Laugh Laugh

I like to make RDW work to find the jokes.

Why would you make it harder for me to read your jokes when I actively try to avoid them anyway? laughing

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:02 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Jimbo - did you quote GC without adding anything to it for any particular reason? Or did you just think it was so good it had to be said twice??
Who could blame him if it was the latter? Very Happy
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:05 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Jimbo - did you quote GC without adding anything to it for any particular reason? Or did you just think it was so good it had to be said twice??
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:09 pm

IanBru wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Laugh clap
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:20 pm

Subs are, all Glasgow or ex- Glasgow players.
Bane
Brown
Angela
Richie G
Bluto
Henners
Hornee
NoMaits

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:28 pm

Dickinson, Ford, Nel
Gray Jnr, Gilchrist
Wilson, Denton, Hardie

Laidlaw, Russell
Scott, Bennett
Lamont, Seymour & Hogg

Not quite full strength but pretty close

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:32 pm

1.Dickinson
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

I see the SRU Muppet feed introduced Frodo as "The General" picard As if picking him wasn't embarrassing enough.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:35 pm

On the plus side the General's inclusion will hopefully win us some local support

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:36 pm

jimbopip wrote:I see the SRU Muppet feed introduced Frodo as "The General"   picard As if picking him wasn't embarrassing enough.
If he's any general at all, he's Gen. Philip Sheridan who stood exactly 5 feet, 5 inches tall.

During the Battle of Chattanooga, he saluted some Confederate artillery on a distant hill. When they fired at him, he mounted his horse and shouted back "That's damn ungenerous! I shall take those guns for that!"

I assume that's what Frodo's trying to do when he's gesturing manically at the ruck.

Last edited by IanBru on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:36 pm

Is Strauss on the bench? Would have thought he needs the game time

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:38 pm

jimbopip wrote:1.Dickinson
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

I see the SRU Muppet feed introduced Frodo as "The General"   picard As if picking him wasn't embarrassing enough.

The Laidlaw bashing has become tiresome. mad

He played well enough in the warm ups to be picked and I'm greatful to have Pyrgos on the bench to mix up the play styles a bit. Time to get behind the team.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm

BamBam wrote:Is Strauss on the bench? Would have thought he needs the game time
Have posted the full team in the OP above. Yes, Strauss is on the bench.

I like that team a lot. The things I like particularly are that Hogg is playing and that Weir and Strokosch are nowhere near it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

I see the SRU Muppet feed introduced Frodo as "The General"   picard As if picking him wasn't embarrassing enough.

He played well enough in the warm ups to be picked and I'm greatful to have Pyrgos on the bench to mix up the play styles a bit. Time to get behind the team.

I don't think he did, and I am probably not alone. In my mind he is third choice SH.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm

IanBru wrote:
jimbopip wrote:I see the SRU Muppet feed introduced Frodo as "The General"   picard As if picking him wasn't embarrassing enough.
If he's any general at all, he's Gen. Philip Sheridan.

Bru's comment is very apposite; President Grant famously said to Sheridan, "If you're not using the army, would you mind if I borrowed it?" As we watch Frodo belt the ball higher and higher in an endless succesion of box kicks while the most talented back division for years twiddle their thumbs I imagine Henners will be saying something very similar to himself.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm

One hell of an impact sub!

Really never understood why Wilson gets picked. Ah well, hopefully we can actually see some of the much vaunted 'speed' the coaches are always banging on about.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Have posted the full team in the OP above. Yes, Strauss is on the bench.

I like that team a lot. The things I like particularly are that Hogg is playing and that Weir and Strokosch are nowhere near it.  

clap Laugh clap

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:46 pm

Scotland v Japan, 23 September - Page 3 Jpxzk5

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:49 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

I think watching him stand at the back of the ruck counting to 500 before doing anything is more tiresome personally

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:50 pm

Wow - Ryan Wilson really has impressed Big Vern. Now considered a better 6 than Brown, Harley and Strauss.

Just three mistakes from Cotter

R Gray for Gilchrist
Strauss for Wilson
Maitland for Lamont

Laidlaw at 9 is the right decision for this game. He's the best kicker in the squad, and whilst Japan looked very organised against South Africa, Laidlaw has a great brain for finding space.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:50 pm

cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

I don't think he did, and I am probably not alone. In my mind he is third choice SH.

Clearly big Vern thinks otherwise. I'd wager he is in full possession of the facts and is in a better position to make that call than any of us. I agree that he is 3rd choice but going on like a Broken Record about his pace of service has become tiresome.

Laidlaw knows that pitch very well and his inclusion might just get some of the locals onside. It's a fairly astute move. He might have had a poor 6N by his standards but lets not forget the lesson he taught SHC in the challenge cup final. The guy can play, lets give him a chance. We look like a bunch of fudds constantly bashing our own players.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:52 pm

There's a lot of quality on that bench. Pulling Beard, Horneyfurra and Nomaits for the intended starting XV perhaps intended to butcher the Japanese in the final half hour or so.

Last edited by Eejit on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:52 pm

Wilson at 6 again?

Nice one Vern!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:52 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Laidlaw knows that pitch very well and his inclusion might just get some of the locals onside. It's a fairly astute move. He might have had a poor 6N by his standards but lets not forget the lesson he taught SHC in the challenge cup final. The guy can play, lets give him a chance. We look like a bunch of fudds constantly bashing our own players.

Also we're rank amateurs when it comes to criticising our own players, did you see how many pages the Irish fans got through talking about who to play in the centres?!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:54 pm

If we were picking a 9 purely based on the warm-up games it would be Pyrgos, with Laidlaw in second place. Hidalgo-Clyne did not go well in the warm-ups.

If you do start with Pyrgos, then who takes the kicks? Right. Good. That's settled then. Laidlaw starts.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:55 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Laidlaw knows that pitch very well and his inclusion might just get some of the locals onside. It's a fairly astute move. He might have had a poor 6N by his standards but lets not forget the lesson he taught SHC in the challenge cup final. The guy can play, lets give him a chance. We look like a bunch of fudds constantly bashing our own players.

Also we're rank amateurs when it comes to criticising our own players, did you see how many pages the Irish fans got through talking about who to play in the centres?!

consider my case rested.  Wink

Belive me when I say that when/if our campaign goes south the other posters on here will tear us a new one. We have already had Glawd on here trying to stir it up!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:56 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

Clearly big Vern thinks otherwise. I'd wager he is in full possession of the facts and is in a better position to make that call than any of us. I agree that he is 3rd choice but going on like a Broken Record about his pace of service has become tiresome.

Laidlaw knows that pitch very well and his inclusion might just get some of the locals onside. It's a fairly astute move. He might have had a poor 6N by his standards but lets not forget the lesson he taught SHC in the challenge cup final. The guy can play, lets give him a chance. We look like a bunch of fudds constantly bashing our own players.

I'm conviced.!!!

I can't wait till the pre-match warm up when Frodo calls the team together and shares his insider knowledge, "That's grass over there. That brown stuffs mud."

Aye, them poor Japs won't know what's beneath their feet.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:59 pm

[quote="funnyExiledScot"]Wow - Ryan Wilson really has impressed Big Vern. Now considered a better 6 than Brown, Harley and Strauss.

Just three mistakes from Cotter

R Gray for Gilchrist
Strauss for Wilson
Maitland for Lamont

not at all. We have USA in 4 days remember

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

Couple of things.
1. I wasn't going on like a broken record I was replying to your comment, because I don't agree.
2. I do agree with you about BVC being better at picking a team than some guy on a forum, and was going to say that in my original comment, but couldn't be arsed typing.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:01 pm

jimbopip wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

I'm conviced.!!!

I can't wait till the pre-match warm up when Frodo calls the team together and shares his insider knowledge, "That's grass over there. That brown stuffs mud."

Aye, them poor Japs won't know what's beneath their feet.

To be fair I have heard that one used to describe Parks inclusion for the Weegies for years. "He knows the pitch well" in terms of game control.

Lets not make the mistake South Africa made. Territory is probably the most important factor on Wednesday and Laidlaw playing at that pitch week in week out is the best choice. Coupled with the fact he manages the game better than Pyrgos.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:03 pm

cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

Couple of things.
1. I wasn't going on like a broken record I was replying to your comment, because I don't agree.
2. I do agree with you about BVC being better at picking a team than some guy on a forum, and was going to say that in my original comment, but couldn't be arsed typing.

That was more aimed at Jimbo who can't even call him his name without him being referred to A) Frodo and/or B) The glacial. His point has been made, and to be honest the name wasn't funny the first time around.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:08 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

Couple of things.

That was more aimed at Jimbo who can't even call him his name without him being referred to A) Frodo and/or B) The glacial. His point has been made, and to be honest the name wasn't funny the first time around.

Just for you Radge, I shall henceforth cease from calling him Frodo the Glacial. From now on, and until he proves otherwise, he shall be Milk.

As in, "I've seen milk turn quicker."

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:09 pm

A few points:

- that team is capable of getting the job done

- we say 'its not our first XV' but I suspect VC sees it as the best team we could put out for this game. Gray, Strauss and Maitland could be in the first team, but I don't think the players he's picked instead massively weaken the team against Japan

- I think benching Strauss is a good call. The back row is very competitive, and the thought of Strauss punching holes in a tired Japan defense is a good one. Look at the tries SA scored later on in the game

- in the space of a season Laidlaw has become a firm fans favorite at Gloucester. They've even painted a mural of him FFS! I He's obviously held in very high regard in the Scotland set up too.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:10 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
2.Chinhook
3.Nellie
4.Gilchrist
5.Jonny
6.Batman
7.Hardie
8. Baldwin, apparently.
9. Frodo
10.Dancer
11.Schlong
12. Family Sized
13.Messiah
14. Tennessee Tam
15 Hogg

Couple of things.

Hug

Going back to the team. I like the look of the pack, I think we will have the upper hand at the scrum and, unlike SA, our forwards are much more mobile. I think we play the same type of game as Japan, but we are much better at it.

My prediction is a BPW*, bold one I know

*for us

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:16 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:A few points:

- we say 'its not our first XV' but I suspect VC sees it as the best team we could put out for this game. Gray, Strauss and Maitland could be in the first team, but I don't think the players he's picked instead massively weaken the team against Japan

- I think benching Strauss is a good call. The back row is very competitive, and the thought of Strauss punching holes in a tired Japan defense is a good one. Look at the tries SA scored later on in the game

- in the space of a season Laidlaw has become a firm fans favorite at Gloucester. They've even painted a mural of him FFS! I He's obviously held in very high regard in the Scotland set up too.

RDW,

yes that team is capable of winning. The contentious selections; Batman for Bluto, Gilchrist for Richie and Schlong for NoMaits actually leave us able to step up a gear when the replacements come on.

Did they take photos of the Glaws players during home matches to use for the mural? Was Milk chosen because everyone else's was blurry and his was perfectly still?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:17 pm

cakeordeath wrote:
Hug

Going back to the team. I like the look of the pack, I think we will have the upper hand at the scrum and, unlike SA, our forwards are much more mobile.  I think we play the same type of game as Japan, but we are much better at it.

My prediction is a BPW*, bold one I know

*for us
Agree entirely. Nothing less than WBP is acceptable if we are serious about progressing in this tournament.

EDIT: Jimbo Laugh thumbsup

Last edited by Eejit on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:17 pm

That's another point - that is an incredibly strong bench!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:18 pm

jimbopip wrote:

RDW,

yes that team is capable of winning. The contentious selections; Batman for Bluto, Gilchrist for Richie and Schlong for NoMaits actually leave us able to step up a gear when the replacements come on.

Did they take photos of the Glaws players during home matches to use for the mural? Was Milk chosen because everyone else's was blurry and his was perfectly still?

Come on Jimbo that's not fair. Everyone knows they painted it because in event of him getting injured they can cut it out the wall and put it behind the ruck and no one would notice.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:21 pm

jimbopip wrote:

RDW,

Broken Record picard

I wonder who scored tries when we last played Japan...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24859611
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:21 pm

cakeordeath wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

RDW,

Come on Jimbo that's not fair. Everyone knows they painted it because in event of him getting injured they can cut it out the wall and put it behind the ruck and no one would notice.

Cake or... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh clap clap clap

You win the internet today. clap

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:25 pm

Jings, I forgot how badly Stroker got done on Japan's first try.

Wonder why he's not playing...

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next