The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paddy Fitzpatrick expects to split from George Groves

+5
milkyboy
TopHat24/7
Coxy001
rob-glos
wheelchair1991
9 posters

Go down

Paddy Fitzpatrick expects to split from George Groves Empty Paddy Fitzpatrick expects to split from George Groves

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 6:22 pm

Paddy has done an interview on the Sky Sports website where he says he and George Groves will probebly part ways. I think we all expect this news but if you were Groves who would you approach to train you next?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Paddy Fitzpatrick expects to split from George Groves Empty Re: Paddy Fitzpatrick expects to split from George Groves

Post by rob-glos Mon 21 Sep 2015, 6:45 pm

He also confirmed it on Twitter.

Said 100% they're done.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Paddy Fitzpatrick expects to split from George Groves Empty Re: Paddy Fitzpatrick expects to split from George Groves

Post by Coxy001 Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:17 am

No surprise, he's an average trainer trying to make an euro-level boxer (who looked good against an aging Froch) something he's not.

Perhaps George can follow the example of another average fighter from these shores and go team up with some American trainers Whistle

Bet he wished he'd stayed with Hearn now, going to be relegated to some random German undercard who no-one gives a toss about and just drifts from everyones conscious into journeyman territory. That's what you get from trying to be a smart so and so when in reality you're not.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 22 Sep 2015, 10:13 am

To be expected. Doesn't seem to have achieved much/anything with GG who should swallow his pride and go back to Booth.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 22 Sep 2015, 10:18 am

He won't though as he is stubborn

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 22 Sep 2015, 10:20 am

Coxy001 wrote:No surprise, he's an average trainer trying to make an euro-level boxer (who looked good against an aging Froch) something he's not.

Perhaps George can follow the example of another average fighter from these shores and go team up with some American trainers Whistle

Bet he wished he'd stayed with Hearn now, going to be relegated to some random German undercard who no-one gives a toss about and just drifts from everyones conscious into journeyman territory. That's what you get from trying to be a smart so and so when in reality you're not.

I hope George reads this. Always prudent to take advice from a proven authority on a subject Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:59 am

milkyboy wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:No surprise, he's an average trainer trying to make an euro-level boxer (who looked good against an aging Froch) something he's not.

I hope George reads this. Always prudent to take advice from a proven authority on a subject Wink

To be fair people making big decisions in government report to a big boss who stuck his c0ck in a pigs head. Wink

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:03 pm

Groves could go stateside for a top US trainer, Groves isn't Calzaghe but he's a lot better boxer than some are making out on here.

A good trainer will coach to a fighters strengths and Groves has an excellent jab that he should be setting his combinations from, rather than trying to take everyone's head off with power shots which are leaving him wide open for the counter.

I personally think the success Groves had in Froch 1, particularly in the 1st round has gone to he's head and he needs someone to give him a reality check

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:08 pm

Agree with much of this Nico. Putting Froch on his arris seems to have convinced Groves he is the reincarnation of Earnie Shavers power wise. He is a decent puncher but is not good enough to take people out without setting things up properly. Seems to think the minute he connects they will fall, despite there being little evidence to support his theory. Getting with a trainer that will get him back to doing the fundamentals, higher guard, better output, working behind the jab will do him the power of good.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:29 pm

Basically he needs to go back to Booth with his tail between his legs.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

To be fair people making big decisions in government report to a big boss who stuck his c0ck in a pigs head. Wink

Not sure what all the fuss is about, we've all done it after a few pints.....

Oh.... just me then.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:36 pm

Does anybody actually have any details behind the split with Booth?

I suspect it was to do with the percentage that Booth was taking but it'd be nice to know a bit more.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:55 pm

The report I read benji said Paddy had not heard from Groves since the loss and so was kind of assuming he was not going to be retained. It also alluded that Groves' missus had said a few things after the fight that were a bit beyond the pale, he did not really expand on this but it seems like a few bridges were burned.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 22 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm

Rowley's getting on a bit and his eyesight isn't the best.

Groves described the booth split as a loss of trust i think Benji. But usually that's trust about money. Booth was taking cuts as a trainer and manager and when removed as a trainer he still took his management cut for the froch fight which I think (when disputed) the courts found in Booth's favour. Never say never, but you have to think that when it gets messy like that there's no going back.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Sep 2015, 5:16 pm

Cheers Milky, is always nice to have you young uns around to help me with this new fangled technology and the like.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 23 Sep 2015, 10:28 am

Always happy to help a fellow Alzheimer's sufferer, rowley

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 23 Sep 2015, 10:29 am

As someone who struggles with dementia, l like to help fellow sufferers truss

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 23 Sep 2015, 10:32 am

What a banana that was. And people say I'm senile. Been good chatting with you windy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down