The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer

+14
rodders
jimdig
AlexHuckerby
Jimmy Moz
catchweight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
azania
John Bloody Wayne
bhb001
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
Steffan
Strongback
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer  Empty Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer

Post by Strongback Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:43 pm

Ireland's Paddy Fitzpatrick has been announced as George Groves' new trainer following his split with Adam Booth.

The talented super middleweight is on November 23 to challenge Carl Froch for the latter's WBA and IBF titles and in Fitzpatrick has chosen familiarity – Groves has previously worked with Fitzpatrick despite Booth being his trainer for his entire professional career – ahead of the biggest fight to date.

'I am extremely happy to name Paddy Fitzpatrick as my new trainer going into what is the biggest fight of my life,' said Groves, who is still managed by Booth.

'Paddy and I have worked closely together in the past and already have a very good relationship, one built over many years. Not only has he worked my corner for important fights, we have also spent a lot of time together when abroad on training camps, where Paddy has overseen a number of significant sessions.
'Although this is a fresh change for me, I'm working with someone I know and respect, and someone who knows my game inside out. We both know how the other works, so it won't take long to hit the ground running.'

As well as working the corners of Groves and his stablemate David Haye, Fitzpatrick has worked alongside the highly-respected Freddie Roach and Buddy McGirt, and trained Virgil Hill and Michael Grant among others.

'His experience and knowledge of the game is world-class and he is, without doubt, the perfect trainer to help me prepare for my next fight,' said Groves. 'He has a great energy, both in the gym and on fight night, and I feel totally comfortable in his presence.

'I'm looking forward to working with Paddy on a full-time basis and I'm excited to start adding many more tools to my arsenal.

'By the time November 23 arrives, I'll be better than ever. And more than capable of dethroning Carl Froch.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer  Empty Re: Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:49 pm

Lets hope Paddy leads him to victory against Froch OK

WAR GROVES AND ALL THAT

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer  Empty Re: Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 1:14 pm

interesting tyhat the article says he's still managed by Booth....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 23 Sep 2013, 1:40 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:interesting tyhat the article says he's still managed by Booth....
probably contractually obliged to be. Can't imagine he would stay with him otherwise.

WAR FROCH!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 2:24 pm

Not as disruptive as it could have been. I wouldn't want Steffan to try and make any excuses when Groves get beaten by the better fighter.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 2:35 pm

bhb001 wrote:Not as disruptive as it could have been. I wouldn't want Steffan to try and make any excuses when Groves get beaten by the better fighter.
But I have said from the start that the Slimester will win on points Headscratch 

Froch has too much experience for Groves. Hope im wrong but Froch will win on UD

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 23 Sep 2013, 2:40 pm

Steffan wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Not as disruptive as it could have been. I wouldn't want Steffan to try and make any excuses when Groves get beaten by the better fighter.
But I have said from the start that the Slimester will win on points Headscratch 

Froch has too much experience for Groves. Hope im wrong but Froch will win on UD
KO my friend. KO!

Groves hasn't fought someone who can hit him back consistently. He will melt under the Cobra's onslaught

WAR FROCH! WAR NOTTINGHAM! WAR WAR WAR WAR!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 2:43 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Steffan wrote:

KO my friend. KO!

Groves hasn't fought someone who can hit him back consistently. He will melt under the Cobra's onslaught

WAR FROCH! WAR NOTTINGHAM! WAR WAR WAR WAR!
Everytime Froch fights his fans say he is going to KO the opponent...

He will not get Groves out of there before the final bell

And that should read GANG WAR NOTTINGHAM! GANG WAR GANG WAR GANG WAR GANG WAR

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 23 Sep 2013, 2:55 pm

Yeah, remember before Bute when you were saying what a weak puncher he is and if KO's Bute- no, better yet, if he so much as wins you'd retire from the forum.

Truss has retired more permanently.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Yeah, remember before Bute when you were saying what a weak puncher he is
I have never said he is a weak puncher. Infact iv paid his compliments on what a good 12 round fighter he is but if before a Froch fight you go with any other prediction than 'Froch KO' its considered wrong

And I was going to retire but after an overwhelming amount of emails begging me to stay I decided against it Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 23 Sep 2013, 3:05 pm

It's not considered wrong, people just make opposing predictions.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 3:07 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:It's not considered wrong, people just make opposing predictions.
Ok well my prediction is 'Froch by UD'. He will not stop Groves

If im wrong I will retire from this forum for 3 minutes

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 23 Sep 2013, 3:21 pm

I don't think you'll even manage that.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 4:20 pm

Steffan wrote:

An unreserved apology, Steffan. I jumped to too many conclusions.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Sep 2013, 5:43 pm

Groves is stuffed. I picked him to win but with this chump in his corner hw will get pwned (I miss ydksab).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Sep 2013, 6:29 pm

Solid choice that wont effect his preparation too much.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 23 Sep 2013, 6:39 pm

azania wrote:Groves is stuffed.  I picked him to win but with this chump in his corner hw will get pwned (I miss ydksab).
Looks like Az hasn't got a clue once again.

No big deal.

Is that guy still no:5 on your p4p list btw? Cool 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm

I hope Groves wins. Froch comes across as a bit of a tool. It looks like man against boy all the same. I dont think Groves has a chance. Hearn is sacrificing him to get rich.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:11 pm

catchweight wrote:I hope Groves wins. Froch comes across as a bit of a tool. It looks like man against boy all the same. I dont think Groves has a chance. Hearn is sacrificing him to get rich.
Really???

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:14 pm

Steffan wrote:
catchweight wrote:I hope Groves wins. Froch comes across as a bit of a tool. It looks like man against boy all the same. I dont think Groves has a chance. Hearn is sacrificing him to get rich.
Really???
Just the impression off him I get. I find him really unpleasant.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:21 pm

You just made a friend for life, catch.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:24 pm

catchweight wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Really???
Just the impression off him I get. I find him really unpleasant.
You are a good man sir Hug

Anyone gives you any bother on here just let me know thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:27 pm

Not a Froch fan?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:29 pm

Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer  Ngbbs499f176b8bddd laughing

Last edited by John Bloody Wayne on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I AM GEKLAKL)

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:33 pm

catchweight wrote:Not a Froch fan?
I actually admire him in the ring

Outside he is a loathsome individual with a big chip on his shoulder and not capable of saying anything nice about anyone apart from harping on about how great he is. The way he has acted towards Groves now in this build up has been a disgrace you could see in the Johnny Nelson interview with the pair of them he was taken aback by how Froch was treating Groves

Horrible person

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:41 pm

Must admit I am a Froch fan but he seems to be getting worse for self praising interviews and the way he spoke to Groves infront of Nelson and Kugan Cassius was uncalled especially refusing to shake his hand or look at him. I normally cheer on Froch despite his rather unpleasant behaviour but I am fully behind Groves in this fight and would rather see a young gun come through anyway.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:44 pm

Steffan wrote:
catchweight wrote:Not a Froch fan?
I actually admire him in the ring

Outside he is a loathsome individual with a big chip on his shoulder and not capable of saying anything nice about anyone apart from harping on about how great he is. The way he has acted towards Groves now in this build up has been a disgrace you could see in the Johnny Nelson interview with the pair of them he was taken aback by how Froch was treating Groves

Horrible person
Yep pretty much agree. He is great entertainment in the ring. He just seems bitter outside of it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:52 pm

With Froch you know he isn't acting.

Ali used to get the crowd to hate him to put bums on seats but with Froch you know he just can't help being who he is.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:03 pm

Is Froch crying at 2:14?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veop3vAGFQk

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:10 pm

Hearn is sacrificing him?

ridiculous.

Hearn said he didn't want the fight but would be happy to make the fight ONLY i Adam Booth and his crew wanted it, and they did. Hearn wanted this fight in 18 months time.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm

Froch must have a short memory. I remember when he used to have a pop at Calzaghe when he was in a similar position to Groves. He didnt show much respect for him. I dont know why Froch is whinging. Because Groves states he thinks he can beat him? Or because Groves took paid work to spar with Kessler? It just seems bitter. Hes a boxer, not royalty.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:19 pm

To be perfeclty honest, I think Froch is simply trying to sell the fight, I don't think there's a real hatred to be honest.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:23 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Hearn is sacrificing him?

ridiculous.

Hearn said he didn't want the fight but would be happy to make the fight ONLY i Adam Booth and his crew wanted it, and they did. Hearn wanted this fight in 18 months time.
Yeah thats what Hearn says. He sniffed out a nice PPV fight and rolled with it. Groves isnt going to turn down that kind of money or opportunity. If Hearn could put the fight on PPV he wouldnt have made it yet. He is being greedy.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:25 pm

Have to admit I've never heard of Fitzpatrick before. Prior to breaking with booth I thought groves had a chance. We've seen by both ward and dirrell that froch can be out boxed, and groves can box, but in truth he's not as slick as dirrell or as rounded as ward. However the likely outcome is a KO win to froch.
As for froch, I think he would be way more popular if he didn't do interviews.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:29 pm

jimdig wrote:Have to admit I've never heard of Fitzpatrick before. Prior to breaking with booth I thought groves had a chance. We've seen by both ward and dirrell that froch can be out boxed, and groves can box, but in truth he's not as slick as dirrell or as rounded as ward. However the likely outcome is a KO win to froch.
As for froch, I think he would be way more popular if he didn't do interviews.
What.......a bit like Enda Kenny?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:33 pm

Well I was going to say froch can let his fights speak for themselves. Not sure where I stand on enda's body of work.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:08 am

Also did you notice that Froch now considers he never lost to Kessler? What a corker! Because he avenged it, it never happened. Talk about being in denial. Come on Georgey!

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:22 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:To be perfeclty honest, I think Froch is simply trying to sell the fight, I don't think there's a real hatred to be honest.
Seconded.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:26 am

I dont think Froch is that good an actor. His behaviour falls in line more or less with any other time Ive seen him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:35 am

It is part of his preparation, convincing himself that this is his fight and no one is good enough to take it away from him. But he can come across arrogant and a prat. I try not to catch interviews from any boxer for that reason!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 12:15 pm

Its the most sensible appointment I guess and you sometimes never know who else behind the scenes is doing a great job. I still think he will start the fight with Froch quite well giving Froch a few hairy moments before going on to lose a mid to late rnd Stoppage.

He will be ready for the fight although in the long run I think he is going to miss Booth.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 12:22 pm

catchweight wrote:Also did you notice that Froch now considers he never lost to Kessler? What a corker! Because he avenged it, it never happened. Talk about being in denial. Come on Georgey!
I think his point of view was that there has only been one boxer who he has not been able to beat, and also who out boxed him.

While Kessler may have just edged the first fight it was razor close and Froch did beat him in the last fight. I think If you took Groves back to that night in Denmark to face Kessler he would have got battered.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 24 Sep 2013, 6:22 pm

tunes666 wrote:
catchweight wrote:Also did you notice that Froch now considers he never lost to Kessler? What a corker! Because he avenged it, it never happened. Talk about being in denial. Come on Georgey!
I think his point of view was that there has only been one boxer who he has not been able to beat, and also who out boxed him.

While Kessler may have just edged the first fight it was razor close and Froch did beat him in the last fight. I think If you took Groves back to that night in Denmark to face Kessler he would have got battered.
It doesnt make a blind bit of difference how Groves would have got on! Froch lost the fight. To claim hes only lost to one fighter is delusional! That one made me laugh.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 24 Sep 2013, 6:36 pm

Lets not forget that ward ran away and sneaked a decision. So that's not really a loss. Undefeated.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 24 Sep 2013, 6:42 pm

milkyboy wrote:Lets not forget that ward ran away and sneaked a decision. So that's not really a loss. Undefeated.
Plus the fight was in America. If it had been in England Froch would have gotten the decision

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Sep 2013, 6:47 pm

catchweight wrote:
tunes666 wrote:

It doesnt make a blind bit of difference how Groves would have got on! Froch lost the fight. To claim hes only lost to one fighter is delusional! That one made me laugh.
Froch is a warrior, born under a cloud of lava. The only fight Froch can lose is the one waged against his own warriorhood.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 24 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm

Froch has already lost to his own bitterness

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 6:50 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
catchweight wrote:
tunes666 wrote:

Froch is a warrior, born under a cloud of lava. The only fight Froch can lose is the one waged against his own warriorhood.
I reckon he'd lose to Chuck Norris

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 24 Sep 2013, 6:51 pm

Steffan wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Lets not forget that ward ran away and sneaked a decision. So that's not really a loss. Undefeated.
Plus the fight was in America. If it had been in England Froch would have gotten the decision
Good point Steffan, i had it as 'no contest' as ward didnt contest. But let's move it to the W column. Only right.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 24 Sep 2013, 7:06 pm

Iv just tweeted the idiot and pasted his loss details from BoxRec against Kessler. I find it hard how the fool can even deny that he lost that fight. Wonder if the imbecile will reply

WAR FROCK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next