The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is Groves going to bring in as Trainer

+5
smashingstormcrow
owen10ozzy
ONETWOFOREVER
Seanusarrilius
hogey
9 posters

Go down

Who is Groves going to bring in as Trainer Empty Who is Groves going to bring in as Trainer

Post by hogey Fri 20 Sep 2013, 4:54 pm

I was thinking the bloke has not got too many top options available in the Capital with many having connections to Frank Warren. He might have to look further afield and like offering big money to Joe Gallagher to drive up and down the country to work with him or maybe relocate himself for a couple of months.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Who is Groves going to bring in as Trainer Empty Re: Who is Groves going to bring in as Trainer

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:19 pm

If he wants someone long term and brilliant, Nazeem Richardson. If he want's someone for the interim go local and low key

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Who is Groves going to bring in as Trainer Empty Re: Who is Groves going to bring in as Trainer

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:21 pm

Do we know why they split yet?

I think it was quite arrogant of Hearn and Booth to refuse to talk about the split in public yet they want people to part with their cash to watch the fight in person or PPV. We have a right to know its our money going into their pockets why the smoke and mirrors?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:25 pm

I can't imagine why they would. Groves is virtually a Booth clone. Something major would have to have happened for them to split.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:27 pm

So what

Its a big fight they expect us to pay to watch I want to know the full story.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:59 pm

There are serious rumors doing the rounds that this could be a bit of smoke & mirrors from Groves and Booth...psychological warfare in the build up to the fight perhaps.

Given Froch's warrior attitude he likes things to be straightforward and see what his opponent...this tactical move could well play havoc with his warrior mentality! Ugh Rah!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 20 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm

There are serious rumors doing the rounds that this could be a bit of smoke & mirrors from Groves and Booth...psychological warfare in the build up to the fight perhaps.

Given Froch's warrior attitude he likes things to be straightforward and see what his opponent...this tactical move could well play havoc with his warrior mentality! Ugh Rah!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Fri 20 Sep 2013, 6:03 pm

Smoke and mirrors won't help him when he finds himself deep in the trenches.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 Sep 2013, 6:04 pm

It would be laughably pathetic if this was all some world wrestling style ploy. Even more laughable if they thought it would matter a jot.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 20 Sep 2013, 6:19 pm

He shouldn't bother with a new trainer. Why give away 10% of his purse when he is going to lose anyway.

There seems to me an inference it was a problem with Groves' dedication.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 20 Sep 2013, 6:42 pm

Vince Cleverly

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 7:37 pm

To be honest if it is mind games its a pretty desperate tactic...

I think its likely that Groves while facing a world title shot against one the Britain's biggest boxing stars did not like feeling second fiddle to Haye and his fight with Fury, and maybe felt Booth was not giving him enough attention.

Last edited by tunes666 on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 20 Sep 2013, 7:56 pm

If its all about mind games then i fail to see the advantage they seek to gain and its likely to be unhelpful for Groves focus either. However i will not be surprised if they sort it out and are back in business together again sometime next week, too much history for Booth not to be in his corner in his biggest fight.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down