The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer

+14
rodders
jimdig
AlexHuckerby
Jimmy Moz
catchweight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
azania
John Bloody Wayne
bhb001
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
Steffan
Strongback
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer  - Page 2 Empty Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer

Post by Strongback Mon 23 Sep - 12:43

First topic message reminder :

Ireland's Paddy Fitzpatrick has been announced as George Groves' new trainer following his split with Adam Booth.

The talented super middleweight is on November 23 to challenge Carl Froch for the latter's WBA and IBF titles and in Fitzpatrick has chosen familiarity – Groves has previously worked with Fitzpatrick despite Booth being his trainer for his entire professional career – ahead of the biggest fight to date.

'I am extremely happy to name Paddy Fitzpatrick as my new trainer going into what is the biggest fight of my life,' said Groves, who is still managed by Booth.

'Paddy and I have worked closely together in the past and already have a very good relationship, one built over many years. Not only has he worked my corner for important fights, we have also spent a lot of time together when abroad on training camps, where Paddy has overseen a number of significant sessions.
'Although this is a fresh change for me, I'm working with someone I know and respect, and someone who knows my game inside out. We both know how the other works, so it won't take long to hit the ground running.'

As well as working the corners of Groves and his stablemate David Haye, Fitzpatrick has worked alongside the highly-respected Freddie Roach and Buddy McGirt, and trained Virgil Hill and Michael Grant among others.

'His experience and knowledge of the game is world-class and he is, without doubt, the perfect trainer to help me prepare for my next fight,' said Groves. 'He has a great energy, both in the gym and on fight night, and I feel totally comfortable in his presence.

'I'm looking forward to working with Paddy on a full-time basis and I'm excited to start adding many more tools to my arsenal.

'By the time November 23 arrives, I'll be better than ever. And more than capable of dethroning Carl Froch.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer  - Page 2 Empty Re: Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Sep - 21:06

catchweight wrote:It doesnt make a blind bit of difference how Groves would have got on! Froch lost the fight. To claim hes only lost to one fighter is delusional! That one made me laugh.
Like I say I think Froch was referring to who has got the better of him and while Kessler beat Froch Froch also beat Kessler in his last fight, proving that he could beat him. Groves is fighting Froch now, not Froch from 7 fights ago... and despite loosing to Kessler he just beat him, and out of all his fights he has only ever failed to beat Ward.

If you lose to a fighter you think you can beat, the only way to make amends is to have another go and show people you can, or you cant.

And I think how Groves would have got on in Denmark is relevant because Froch lost a very close fight and assessing how Groves would have done is a good comparison. I think he would have got KO'ed.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer  - Page 2 Empty Re: Groves turns to Fitzpatrick as new trainer

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Sep - 21:13

Steffan wrote:Iv just tweeted the idiot and pasted his loss details from BoxRec against Kessler. I find it hard how the fool can even deny that he lost that fight. Wonder if the imbecile will reply

WAR FROCK
To be fair the fight could have gone either way in Denmark, it was one of those fighters where Froch threw the more hurtful shots and had Kessler hurt, but Kessler was the busier nicking the closer rounds.. I think Kessler did probably just about nick it.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 24 Sep - 21:17

Yes but now Froch is claiming he has never lost to Kessler in any shape or form which is a LIE

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Sep - 21:30

tunes666 wrote:
catchweight wrote:It doesnt make a blind bit of difference how Groves would have got on! Froch lost the fight. To claim hes only lost to one fighter is delusional! That one made me laugh.
Like I say I think Froch was referring to who has got the better of him and while Kessler beat Froch Froch also beat Kessler in his last fight, proving that he could beat him. Groves is fighting Froch now, not Froch from 7 fights ago... and despite loosing to Kessler he just beat him, and out of all his fights he has only ever failed to beat Ward.

If you lose to a fighter you think you can beat, the only way to make amends is to have another go and show people you can, or you cant.

And I think how Groves would have got on in Denmark is relevant because Froch lost a very close fight and assessing how Groves would have done is a good comparison. I think he would have got KO'ed.

Kessler was shop worn when Froch beat him. He had been in wars with Ward and is past it. Groves would dismantle the Kess that Froch beat.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Sep - 21:31

Steffan wrote:Yes but now Froch is claiming he has never lost to Kessler in any shape or form which is a LIE
He's just been hit in the head too often.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 24 Sep - 21:32

azania wrote:Kessler was shop worn when Froch beat him. He had been in wars with Ward and is past it. Groves would dismantle the Kess that Froch beat
Yeah Kessler looked totally shot and like he shouldnt even be in the ring. Hope he retires now. Hope Froch gets beaten into retirement as well by Groves but cant see it happening

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 24 Sep - 21:33

azania wrote:
Steffan wrote:Yes but now Froch is claiming he has never lost to Kessler in any shape or form which is a LIE
He's just been hit in the head too often.
I know. Worst thing is the moronic fool was dull enough anyway

Imagine his interviews if Groves slaps him about a bit...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 24 Sep - 21:33

tunes666 wrote:

Groves isnt relevant to the point that Kessler beat Froch. Froch claims Kessler never beat him just because he won a rematch! Sorry Froch but thats not how it works. Delusional. He just seems a bitter guy. He doesnt show other fighters respect but he expects everybody should treat him like royalty. The stuff he comes out with is cringing at times.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Sep - 21:34

Steffan wrote:
azania wrote:Kessler was shop worn when Froch beat him. He had been in wars with Ward and is past it. Groves would dismantle the Kess that Froch beat
Yeah Kessler looked totally shot and like he shouldnt even be in the ring. Hope he retires now. Hope Froch gets beaten into retirement as well by Groves but cant see it happening
The fool also claims he lost narrowly to Ward. A total schooling becomes a narrow loss. Only the Warrior Froch can say that. Deluded twerp.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 24 Sep - 21:47

Have to say that Froch has done himself no favours with that little showing. I think Carl is trying a little too hard to reinvent himself as a world-wide mega star (his own words) who gets the casuals interested with his smack talk, personality etc. Does himself a disservice because a) that's not been his style for the most part and it doesn't suit him, and b) he's giving his detractors a chance to aim charges of hypocrisy at him - and they'd be right in doing so, unfortunately.

He's not Adrien Broner, and I'm actually thankful of that. Just hope he gets back to that way of thinking sooner rather than later, too.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Sep - 22:05

Agreed Chris. But at least people are talking about him. Idiocy sells.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 24 Sep - 22:10

I could get a pretty penny for you.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Sep - 22:11

no he isn't... he just brushed off the loss because he has since beaten him and in a more convincing manner in how he lost... which is fair enough until they have another rematch.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 24 Sep - 22:12

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I could get a pretty penny for you.
You would be loaded.thumbsup 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 24 Sep - 22:18

Carl Froch:

"The only fighter to beat me in my 33 fight career is Andre Ward"

George Groves:

"And Mikkel Kessler"

Carl Froch:

"Mikkel Kessler got beat in his last fight against me so thats wiped clean"

Delusional

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Sep - 22:23

catchweight wrote:Carl Froch:

George Groves:

"And Mikkel Kessler"

Carl Froch:

Delusional
Think its quite straight forward... he gained revenge proving he could beat Kessler, but have not done so with Ward. not Delusional at all. Shall we ignore the fact he beat Kessler and just go by their fight 3 years ago?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 24 Sep - 22:40

tunes666 wrote:
catchweight wrote:Carl Froch:

George Groves:

"And Mikkel Kessler"

Carl Froch:

Delusional
Think its quite straight forward... he gained revenge proving he could beat Kessler, but have not done so with Ward. not Delusional at all.  Shall we ignore the fact he beat Kessler and just go by their fight 3 years ago?
No hes claiming by winning a rematch, he never lost in the first place. He didnt say "I avenged that loss". He implies it never happened. Theres no other way of interpreting that first comment. Roberto Duran never beat Sugar Ray Leonard using Frochs delusional philosophy.

Its common sense that they fought twice and both won a fight. Froch doesnt seem to think so.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 24 Sep - 23:22

I quite like froch when he's not talking about himself. Unfortunately, when we see him he's usually talking about himself.

I think he's quite an insecure guy. Felt he was underappreciated and had to keep bigging himself up. Finally, he gets the appreciation, the chat show appearances, the celebrity dance shows etc and its gone to his head a bit. Sure he's got a fight to sell, but he's not a natural panto villain, and just comes across as a big time Charlie.

Not befitting of a warrior... Who should be the strong silent types who let their fists do the talking.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 25 Sep - 0:11

The Kessler that fought Froch the first time was ring worn.

Put Froch in with the Kessler Calzaghe beat and Froch would have got pasted.

Froch<Kessler<Calzaghe.

It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 25 Sep - 12:40

Wow, Froch losing friends here. Possibly me for one. Might have to dust off my 'St George' t-shirt (in white) for this.

That said, I'm not sure I want to see Froch go out in this fight as it'd surely be the end. Unless he doesn't count it.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 25 Sep - 12:54

I dont give Groves a chance so I dont want to give myself any false hope but I would really like to see him knock Froch out after all his nonsense. The man is unbearable. Unfortunately I think this one ends with little Georgie being sent packing and Froch reminding us all how great he is.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 25 Sep - 13:01

Oh yeah, for sure. I see nothing other than a Bute-like demolition.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 Sep - 13:21

Froch on points for me. Hope not though

Groves needs to get some momentum going early on if he is going to stand a chance

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep - 13:38

Groves on points or possibly the warrior going out on his shield.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 25 Sep - 14:03

Froch is the favourite for sure, but i certainly dont think Groves has no chance he is a sharp mover, big puncher and times his shots very well. I wont be surprised if Froch has to get off the floor to win this one or even if Groves take his title. I think due to his own insecurity Froch is getting very twitching over the possibility of how losing or even being given a tough fight against Groves would make him look to the boxing world.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 25 Sep - 14:25

Froch's behaviour toward Groves is bizarre... I think he is more worried about this than he is letting on.

I don't believe he has genuine hatred towards Groves, at least not for sparring with Kessler anyways, rather he is struggling to get up for this after fighting so many big names in recent years and being such a heavy favourite.

Froch is so used to having a chip on his shoulder, now everything is stacked in his favour he is resorting to make things up in his own head to motivate himself.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 25 Sep - 14:32

I do find Froch's obsession with being disrespected a bit bizzare. Love him as a fighter, but he is prone to saying some foolish things.

On another note, Eddie Hearn must secretly love the fact Haye's PPV has been called off. If people haven't had to pay for Fury v Haye in September, they are more likely to buy Froch v Groves in November.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 25 Sep - 14:41

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

I think Froch is just unpleasant. Its not just Groves. Hes been doing this for years its only now its mainstream. Did anyone see him on the show they do on sky where they sit down with a group of boxers? He was talking about fighters "not being fit to lace his boots" totally lacking class and charmless. He was the same with Calzaghe. Always mouthing off about him. Or having digs at Khan or Ward or whoever else. He demands respect but he doesnt give any himself. He cant even admit Kessler beat him once upon a time.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 25 Sep - 14:48

catchweight wrote:If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

I think Froch is just unpleasant. Its not just Groves. Hes been doing this for years its only now its mainstream. Did anyone see him on the show they do on sky where they sit down with a group of boxers? He was talking about fighters "not being fit to lace his boots" totally lacking class and charmless. He was the same with Calzaghe. Always mouthing off about him. Or having digs at Khan or Ward or whoever else. He demands respect but he doesnt give any himself. He cant even admit Kessler beat him once upon a time.
Yeah, but that said, WAR-FROCH!

Froch was born on an evening when werewolves howled, under the flash of lightning and the crack of thunder. A star shot across the night sky as he was dragged kicking and warring from his mothers womb. He did not weep at birth, he bellowed a battle cry that was to be heard across the globe.

War Carlingo Froch!!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 Sep - 14:53

I used to like you Seanusarrilius. Thought you were one of the good guys...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 25 Sep - 15:06

Steffan wrote:I used to like you Seanusarrilius. Thought you were one of the good guys...
Haha, Hug That you and me, Steffan

But this is Froch and the country, the world, the universe boxing 

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2