The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumours that Klitschko is injured & the fight with Tyson Fury could be postponed

+19
Hammersmith harrier
jimdig
Pound-for-Pound
Lance
Steffan
milkyboy
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
ibark5
rodders
AdamT
Dipper Brown
Scottrf
Nico the gman
Soldier_Of_Fortune
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
Pedro147
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rumours that Klitschko is injured & the fight with Tyson Fury could be postponed  Empty Rumours that Klitschko is injured & the fight with Tyson Fury could be postponed

Post by Pedro147 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 12:52 pm

This is on Twitter at the moment.

Can’t confirm how genuine this is but if it’s true then Fury must be wondering what he did wrong in a previous life.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Rumours that Klitschko is injured & the fight with Tyson Fury could be postponed  Empty Re: Rumours that Klitschko is injured & the fight with Tyson Fury could be postponed

Post by Pedro147 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 12:54 pm

https://twitter.com/Chisanga_DStar/status/647376042152337408

That’s one from Daily Star boxing journalist Chisanga Malata

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Rumours that Klitschko is injured & the fight with Tyson Fury could be postponed  Empty Re: Rumours that Klitschko is injured & the fight with Tyson Fury could be postponed

Post by hampo17 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 12:58 pm

Peter Fury has confirmed this.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm

F**K sake......Why don't we all just go and follow wrestling instead..

Sure fighters didn't get injured as much in the old days..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:02 pm

The 39 year old heavyweight champion has apologised to fans and to Fury while his manager, Bernd Bönte, has confirmed that the fight would be rescheduled with Dusseldorf remaining as the venue.

"Next week we will announce when the fight will be rescheduled. We will definitely stay in Dusseldorf. The tickets have already been sold"

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:03 pm

I guess fury will be a little annoyed and given the shape he found himself in for the fight against Hammer, there is a possibility that he doesn't reset well in camps. On the other hand... he'll be getting a near 40-year old Klitschko coming back from an injury. think it works out better for him
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:03 pm

I'm not paying for Brook..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:04 pm

Probably split his sides laughing at Fury's antics....

Injured he still beats the useless lump...comatose he still beats the useless lump.

Maybe David haye can step in and save the day, that way it saves us ever having to worry about Fury fighting for the HW title at any stage

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:05 pm

He can stink the place out again..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:07 pm

Only what Fury would do whilst humiliating himself in the process. Anyway, chances are ticket sales aren't going well so a delay is required.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:09 pm

Poor old Tyson has been unlucky....

He's becoming a bit of a Jonah...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:11 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Only what Fury would do whilst humiliating himself in the process. Anyway, chances are ticket sales aren't going well so a delay is required.
40 000 were sold a month ago
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:13 pm

kingraf wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Only what Fury would do whilst humiliating himself in the process. Anyway, chances are ticket sales aren't going well so a delay is required.
40 000 were sold a month ago
Sorry, meant to say PPV sales for SKY...don't doubt that 40,00 Germans and Ukranians will turn up to watch Wlad maul another sap

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:14 pm

Has it gone on sale on SKY yet ??.....

Thought the Brook bill hadn't been finalised..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:16 pm

How will Eddie try and save PPV for this?

No way can this be PPV without world title on the line. Unless Fury fights for an interim title? And even then it's a robbery to have it as PPV.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:18 pm

Fury did predict this...

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:19 pm

Strip Klitschko and let Tyson Fury and David Price fight for the vacant belt to prove who is the true Heavyweight champion of the world:D

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:21 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Fury did predict this...
He's making a habit of it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:23 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Well, these people are supposed to be able to see into the future aren't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:24 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Strip Klitschko and let Tyson Fury and David Price fight for the vacant belt to prove who is the true Heavyweight champion of the world:D

Imagine If Price won the title.............Rigo and Gonzales would want a shot..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:26 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Well, these people are supposed to be able to see into the future aren't they?
Gypos? I don't think so.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:28 pm

Fury doesn't half get some bad luck when it comes to postponements/cancellations.

If he fell in a barrel of t1ts, he'd come out sucking his thumb!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:33 pm

Too bad if true.

Does anyone know if this fight has random drug testing??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:47 pm

Gypsy King
@Tyson_Fury
Well it's official @Klitschko has pull out of the fight with an injury in his leg, it's a bit funny as I predicted this would happen!!!

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:49 pm

Gypsy King
@Tyson_Fury

Don't feel sorry for me I'll b ok, I'm sorry for the fans again as they are the biggest losers hear. Flights & hotels travel, sorry guys

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:57 pm

Looks like Wlad has bottled it after Fury's press conference antics.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:59 pm

Laugh away guys, but are some of these guys afraid of Fury??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ibark5 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 2:01 pm

Who wouldn't be after what he did to the Joker

ibark5

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 25 Sep 2015, 2:02 pm

Its OFF

feel sorry for Fury.

Hamstring? was wlad playing footy I think Briggs should step in.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm

Pulled his calf has a slight tear so wouldn't imagine the fight would be delayed by too much. Maybe November December time.

Gives Fury more time to keep his brain in tact and stay undefeated a little longer before his face is literally punched from his skull in Germany

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 25 Sep 2015, 2:14 pm

I heard it was calf. A common muscle to tear in older men doing sports of explosive nature. 

I'm still on crutches after doing mine 2 1/2 weeks ago. Depending on severity, top sportsmen should be back in training in 4-6 weeks. Bit longer for me unfortunately.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 25 Sep 2015, 2:15 pm

If Fury were to somehow win, I would start demanding heavy drug testing for his mext fights.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 25 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm

Hennessy on TALKSPORT in a few minutes

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 25 Sep 2015, 3:37 pm

Oh well I was hoping for a double celebration in October with Wales hopefully qualifying for Euro 2016 and Fury becoming heavyweight champion of the world

Fury doesn't get much luck to fair. Little Dog Haye pulling out twice and now this. People can hate on him all they like at least he wants to fight the best and doesn't get the chance because they all pull out with injury

He deserves more respect that people like Little Dog Haye who make a mockery of the sport and waste the time and money of fans. Me and my brother were gonna go this but he couldn't due to work commitments. Glad we didn't book now with the Eastern European robot wasting everyone's time

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 3:55 pm

I was quite amused by Tyson Fury's response when the reporter told him Wlad had called him a psychopath
Tyson Fury Psychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 25 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

Maybe they will delay Brook and the PPV. Or put Brook on Sky Sports and find something else for the delayed PPV.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 25 Sep 2015, 4:52 pm

Lance wrote:Maybe they will delay Brook and the PPV. Or put Brook on Sky Sports and find something else for the delayed PPV.
What with Brook being a really good prospect like Joshua...I'm sure Eddie could justify putting him on PPV

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 25 Sep 2015, 5:06 pm

No chance am I paying for this now

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Fri 25 Sep 2015, 5:51 pm

It's not still PPV, is it?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 25 Sep 2015, 7:05 pm

Pound-for-Pound wrote:It's not still PPV, is it?
No one knows yet. The Klits v Fury fight was only cancelled earlier today. Calm down mun

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:39 am

Wlad has a sore calf? Seems a weak enough excuse to pull the fight a month out. He'd be recovered by fight time, how finished would his jab and grab tactics be by missing a couple of weeks of sparring?

If Wlad had one leg, I'd still make him favourite. Gotta feel for fury and the travelling fans.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sat 26 Sep 2015, 2:00 pm

Hearn wants Fury to fight in Sheffield and it really needs to be a very good opponent if this card is staying PPV; Anthony Joshua is in good shape having fought only 2 weeks ago plus would have another 4 weeks to train....

Could it be made? Would Fury take the risk if it was offered to him?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Sep 2015, 2:34 pm

Let me think about that for a second, no he would not take the risk, no chance does he fight anyone who can knock him out when he still has the Wlad fight there waiting for him. AJ also has the Whyte fight in December too.

More chance of me sleeping with Scarlett Johansson.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 26 Sep 2015, 2:39 pm

Pound-for-Pound wrote:Hearn wants Fury to fight in Sheffield and it really needs to be a very good opponent if this card is staying PPV; Anthony Joshua is in good shape having fought only 2 weeks ago plus would have another 4 weeks to train....

Could it be made? Would Fury take the risk if it was offered to him?
Fury could take the risk, mind you he loses he's world title shot with Wlad when Joshua puts him to sleep early on.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sat 26 Sep 2015, 2:57 pm

Furys ducking Joshua. If he had any confidence in his abilities he'd offer to Fight Joshua in October and Wlad in November. Hopefully Povetkin or Wilder would be free in December and give him a month off in January. February onwards he could start the rematches.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 26 Sep 2015, 4:06 pm

Fury is not ducking Joshua, he has the Wlad fight lined up. Why risk a world title fight for what is still, just a domestic dust up?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:30 pm

Atila wrote:Fury is not ducking Joshua, he has the Wlad fight lined up. Why risk a world title fight for what is still, just a domestic dust up?
Fury won't duck Joshua, he just gets KO'D by him, and the world title fight with Wlad goes up in smoke.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 26 Sep 2015, 8:31 pm

Fury has been a pro a long time now and only ever fought Chisora. No way he risks the Wlad fight against anyone remotely decent

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 26 Sep 2015, 9:17 pm

I will step in and take a kicking.

Could do with a few quid and I am a heavyweight.

Fury, bring it on!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 27 Sep 2015, 12:54 am

Hard for Fury to get the big fights when they keep withdrawing. How he is meant to be ducking Joshua is a mystery to me. Joshua is only being assigned foregone conclusions so far.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next