The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 Football Podcast- Did Fergie really only manage 4 world class players?

5 posters

Go down

V2 Football Podcast- Did Fergie really only manage 4 world class players?  Empty V2 Football Podcast- Did Fergie really only manage 4 world class players?

Post by VDT Sat 26 Sep 2015, 8:25 am

http://v2journal.com/38/post/2015/09/v2-football-podcast-did-fergie-really-only-manage-4-world-class-players.html

This week sees the return of Owen

In Part One, Shane rounds up the latest news from the beautiful and the lads assess rumours that Jurgen Klopp is being lined up to replace Brendan Rodgers in the next few weeks.

In Part Two, The debate whether Europe needs a third club competetion and the recent Diego Costa controversy.

In Part Three, we discuss Alex Ferguson's comments that he only managed 4 world class players in his career and there are only 2 current world class players in current football.

Plus SON OF THE PITCH is back and harder than ever - Shane, Nick and Owen battle it out under triple threat rules over 3 exciting rounds.

Follow us on twitter @v2football and like us on Facebook. Also Join the debate at 606v2.com.

If you would like your articles to appear on our site - please e-mail football@v2journal.com (Please include your twitter and blog details)

Please nominate the show for the Football Blogging Awards - ctt.ec/uyFEr thumbsup or Vote on their site - www.footballbloggingawards.co.uk/vote-now/

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

V2 Football Podcast- Did Fergie really only manage 4 world class players?  Empty Re: V2 Football Podcast- Did Fergie really only manage 4 world class players?

Post by Stella Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:35 am

A few more than four, I would say!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

V2 Football Podcast- Did Fergie really only manage 4 world class players?  Empty Re: V2 Football Podcast- Did Fergie really only manage 4 world class players?

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:33 am

Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Schmeichel & Cantona

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:40 am

Robson? Rooney was for a period.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Sep 2015, 12:24 pm

Keane was, but the beef between Fergie and him is such that I imagine the reason he even said it in the first place was just to annoy Keane.

Personally I wouldn't put Giggs in the WC bracket.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 28 Sep 2015, 12:31 pm

Hero wrote:Keane was, but the beef between Fergie and him is such that I imagine the reason he even said it in the first place was just to annoy Keane.

Personally I wouldn't put Giggs in the WC bracket.

The same reason RVN was probably left out.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm

Utd WC players for me under Fergie:

Ronaldo, Keane, Schmeichel - these for me should be nailed on.
Scholes, Cantona, G. Neville, Stam - these squeeze in but I wouldn't argue against them not being in, and Cantona is my fave player of all time.
Giggs, Rio, RVN, Vidic, Rooney, VDS - Wouldn't make it for me.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 28 Sep 2015, 1:25 pm

Rio was a much better Footballer than Neville, in my humble opinion.

Also, Van Persie was world class, imo.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Sep 2015, 2:14 pm

Depends on Fergie's definition of world class I suppose. I remember on the cricket thread there was a discussion about whether "great" was better than "world class". If memory serves, there was a split. If you are of the opinion that being world class is a notch up on being a "great", then yeah, I think four is an accurate number. Schmeichel and Keane being on periphery.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 28 Sep 2015, 2:37 pm

I remember a discussion on what people define as world class on here before.
Roughly speaking, imo, if you are in the top 5 of your position in the world then you can be considered as world class.
I'd say Schmeichel, Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Cantona and Ronaldo would all get in that bracket.
I think arguments could be made for quite a few others too.
But everyones opinion on what world class is differs so its difficult.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down