The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"England have been cheating for years" - Bob Dwyer and Kaplan

+31
blackcanelion
Rory_Gallagher
nlpnlp
emack2
rodders
GunsGerms
profitius
mikey_dragon
TJ
Bathman_in_London
RubyGuby
doctor_grey
disneychilly
BamBam
Cyril
Geordie
LondonTiger
lostinwales
offload
stub
Biltong
TightHEAD
Gooseberry
englandglory4ever
No 7&1/2
LordDowlais
aucklandlaurie
maestegmafia
Poorfour
Heaf
donglewood
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"England have been cheating for years" - Bob Dwyer and Kaplan Empty "England have been cheating for years" - Bob Dwyer and Kaplan

Post by donglewood Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 am

Bob Dwyer has today gone to the media, furious at England's cheating at scrum time.

He has been backed by Jonathan "ask the ref" Kaplan, who tweeted furiously throughout the England v Wales showdown at Marler's illegal and obvious boring in; even going so far as to post numerous camera angles of the clear cheating. "I'd like to see England pack straight...just once" twittered the vehement Kaplan.

Will notorious scrum pedant Poite take note? Or is this just smoke and mirrors by a desperate Australian patriot and a Saffer ex-ref with an axe to grind?

Elsewhere in the news, a kiwi national paper has run the controversial headline "England already out of World Cup" over an article in which they liken Captain Robshaw and coach Lancaster to "dumb and dumber" stopping off to lambast Sir Clive Woodward as "the instigator of England's constrained, boring and overly-analytical approach".

Further putting the boot in, Irish great Gordon D'Arcy has slammed Sam Burgess as "embarrassingly naive" and mocked his selection. "Stuart Lancaster picked a league convert who doesn't know how to play" he is quoted as saying in the Irish Times.

OUCH! The rugby world cup is hotting up it seems! The media have been so quiet until now.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/72585035/rugby-world-cupwinning-coach-bob-dwyer-claims-england-are-scrum-cheats

https://twitter.com/TheVietGwent/status/648087535336443904/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11521784

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/england-rugby-team/news/article.cfm?c_id=500823&objectid=11521321

Last edited by donglewood on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:21 am; edited 7 times in total

donglewood

Back to top Go down

"England have been cheating for years" - Bob Dwyer and Kaplan Empty Re: "England have been cheating for years" - Bob Dwyer and Kaplan

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:11 am

"England have been cheating for years" - Bob Dwyer and Kaplan 1347041234

Back to top Go down

"England have been cheating for years" - Bob Dwyer and Kaplan Empty Re: "England have been cheating for years" - Bob Dwyer and Kaplan

Post by donglewood Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:26 am

edit: The NZ Herald article claiming England are already out has been renamed and toned down since this morning, but the gist is still there.

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:44 am

Always thought Kaplan was a plank ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:04 am

Australian claims to know something about scrummaging.

Pull the other one, mister, it's got bells on.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:05 pm

Poorfour wrote:Australian claims to know something about scrummaging.

Pull the other one, mister, it's got bells on.

I think Jonathan Kaplan is South African

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Must say I did like the "their old judge and jailor" and "too much laptop and not enough hard drive" lines.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Well, that's England's team talk done for them......

Pin the pages up on the dressing room wall guys.....

Lets prove these chopsy tw@ts wrong.

Nice one you SH plonkers, you have just made our (Wales) task even harder.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:03 pm

God this takes me back to the old GE days.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Well, that's England's team talk done for them......

Pin the pages up on the dressing room wall guys.....

Lets prove these chopsy tw@ts wrong.

Nice one you SH plonkers, you have just made our (Wales) task even harder.

Bugger someone has worked out our cunning plan.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:19 pm

What I cannot get my head around is, the SH and in particular Australia and New Zealand's obsession with England all the time.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:20 pm

It all just plays to the "everyone hates England" narrative. Especially when England play their team. Shows how inadequate a lot of so called rugby people are.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Teams have the opportunity to address specific concerns with the referee ahead of the game. If Aus feel there is an issue with Marler or another aspect of Englands scrummaging they have the opportunity to point it out prior to and during the game.

In other news teams dont feed the ball straight.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:22 pm

Good to know we are still worthy of a few column inches and underhand tactics from old enemies. Very Happy

I always thought our game was based on respect.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:28 pm

I found this part particularly hilarious

BOB wrote:"I heard Clive Woodward come out and say, 'We have got club props who would make it into the Australia team'," Dwyer said.

"Actually, the Wallabies have been scrummaging extremely well all season. They put it over both the All Blacks and Springboks.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Woodward came out?

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:35 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:It all just plays to the "everyone hates England" narrative. Especially when England play their team. Shows how inadequate a lot of so called rugby people are.

I am sure many Southern Hemisphere fans and players are much like those of us up here that are not English, we don't hate England, I dont hate England.... I live in England, I love it, I love the people I meet...

I seriously dislike people like yourself that always bring out the very worst in a nations character.

Hate is an awful word. I am sure you chose it's use very carefully.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:37 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:God this takes me back to the old GE days.

I know what you mean 7.5....

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Gooseberry wrote:Woodward came out?

Better late than never I suppose!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:What I cannot get my head around is, the SH and in particular Australia and New Zealand's obsession with England all the time.
What makes you think this? That's a strange thing to say imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Try these instead. A bit less sensationalist, a lot more in depth analysis:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/?p=87053

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/11894139/England-vs-Wales-Six-areas-where-Warren-Gatlands-side-overhauled-World-Cup-hosts.html

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:40 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:It all just plays to the "everyone hates England" narrative. Especially when England play their team. Shows how inadequate a lot of so called rugby people are.

Unfortunately some folk live for this stuff rather than the rugby - that says more about them than our great sport however.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:40 pm

I agree Maes, it isn't always about hate, I just like certain teams more than others, simple really.

We get to speak to all different nationalities on websites so it can happen that you may form a certain bias against a specific nation, but it still isn't hate.

It is a word thrown about too loosely.

I am not a big fan of NH teams, but during the Wales vs England game I said to my mates I would like Wales to win.

Purely because I can't stand the media hype over England at the moment.

Bring them down a few notches I say.

TOmorrow or next week I might support another team.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Since when has English media hype have anything to do with the England rugby team?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:45 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Since when has English media hype have anything to do with the England rugby team?

SInce forever.

Wales have Wales rugby team and Wales media
England has England rugby team and English media
Austraia has Australian Rugby team and Australian media

I think you see where I am going with this..
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:45 pm

ebop wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:What I cannot get my head around is, the SH and in particular Australia and New Zealand's obsession with England all the time.

Its very difficult for us Kiwis we're trying to keep ourselves entertained, while waiting for the World cup to start.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:46 pm

At the end of the day the 'Hate/loathing' direct at England isn't based on the players or fans but more to do with the RFU bank balance I feel.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:47 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
ebop wrote:

Its very difficult for us Kiwis we're trying to keep ourselves entertained, while  waiting for the World cup to start.

Yeah, sadly for some of us (wink, wink) the world cup almost ended before yours began
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Biltong wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Since when has English media hype have anything to do with the England rugby team?

SInce forever.

But the England team don't write or print the hyped up garbage about them, so why 'hate' the England team and why do they need to be brought back down to earth? As a England fan I never expect them to win the RWC in 2015.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:48 pm

ebop wrote:

Well why are the New Zealand press saying anything about England ? England are not even in their group, England are ours, Australia's, Fiji's and Uruguay's problem, not New Zealand's, in fact, the only time New Zealand could probably face England is in the semi final, or the final itself and that is weeks away, and that is if England even get out of the group.

The New Zealand press in my opinion need to start talking about South Africa or Scotland.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:50 pm

TightHEAD wrote:At the end of the day the 'Hate/loathing' direct at England isn't based on the players or fans but more to do with the RFU bank balance I feel.

I feel it has more to do with the fact that, this world cup, which is being held in ENGLAND, is being more of a success than the last world cup that was held in New Zealand.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Biltong wrote:I agree Maes, it isn't always about hate, I just like certain teams more than others, simple really.

We get to speak to all different nationalities on websites so it can happen that you may form a certain bias against a specific nation, but it still isn't hate.

I am not a big fan of NH teams, but during the Wales vs England game I said to my mates I would like Wales to win.

Bring them down a few notches I say

Biltong, I find your approach refreshing and strangely familiar. For example, usually I'm not inclined towards the Australian team - I find them a little smug. However, I think I may be supporting them on Saturday. In a few weeks time, prbably not. Call me picky...
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:52 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
Biltong wrote:

SInce forever.

But the England team don't write or print the hyped up garbage about them, so why 'hate' the England team and why do they need to be brought back down to earth?  As a England fan I never expect them to win the RWC in 2015.

We/us in Wales are the best at that, the Western Mail will give every player a 10/10 after a win, but if we lose, well you can all see the treatment Rhys Priestland had. picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:54 pm

offload wrote:
Biltong wrote:I agree Maes, it isn't always about hate, I just like certain teams more than others, simple really.

Bring them down a few notches I say

Biltong, I find your approach refreshing and strangely familiar.  For example, usually I'm not inclined towards the Australian team - I find them a little smug.  However, I think I may be supporting them on Saturday.  In a few weeks time, prbably not.  Call me picky...

Yep, exactly, I frequent an Australian site and got to know the Aussie psyche over the past few years.

They can be harsh on their teams and players, but can also put them on pedestals, example is FOlau has been hyped to the point where Chuck Norris refused to go to Aussie Rugby games in fear that Folau may show him up.

So I know exactly what you mean.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:54 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:Its very difficult for us Kiwis we're trying to keep ourselves entertained, while  waiting for the World cup to start.

Laugh clap
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:55 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:At the end of the day the 'Hate/loathing' direct at England isn't based on the players or fans but more to do with the RFU bank balance I feel.

I feel it has more to do with the fact that, this world cup, which is being held in ENGLAND, is being more of a success than the last world cup that was held in New Zealand.

And not one dwarf throwing competition in sight.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:56 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
Biltong wrote:

SInce forever.

But the England team don't write or print the hyped up garbage about them, so why 'hate' the England team and why do they need to be brought back down to earth?  As a England fan I never expect them to win the RWC in 2015.

It is all relevant, for me at least.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:56 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
ebop wrote:

Well why are the New Zealand press saying anything about England ? England are not even in their group, England are ours, Australia's, Fiji's and Uruguay's problem, not New Zealand's, in fact, the only time New Zealand could probably face England is in the semi final, or the final itself and that is weeks away, and that is if England even get out of the group.

The New Zealand press in my opinion need to start talking about South Africa or Scotland.

LD the New Zealand press talks about every team in the tournament, but I got to admit some of the stuff written about England has been highly amusing.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm

offload wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:Its very difficult for us Kiwis we're trying to keep ourselves entertained, while  waiting for the World cup to start.

Laugh clap

How did NZ get such an easy group?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Also, no half full stadiums.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:58 pm

I didn't like to say it but yeh.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Would you mind supporting us for a few more games mate... You might just be our lucky mascot ???

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:02 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
offload wrote:

Laugh clap

How did NZ get such an easy group?

Its actually a very tough group, the ABs just make it look easy.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:03 pm

My local club team could walk away with two wins from that group.

Hardly international sport at its best!
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:05 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

Would you mind supporting us for a few more games mate... You might just be our lucky mascot ???

It all depends mate. We will have to see how everything unfolds Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:07 pm

TightHEAD wrote:My local club team could walk away with two wins from that group.

thats nothing you should see some of the other pools its like watching the Under 8s.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:10 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:My local club team could walk away with two wins from that group.

thats nothing you should see some of the other pools its like watching the Under 8s.

Don't stop now Laurie, you're on a roll.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:21 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I feel it has more to do with the fact that, this world cup, which is being held in ENGLAND, is more of a success than the last world cup that was held in New Zealand.

Yes mate, you nailed it right there. This is the reason NZ'ers find it amusing that England are on the eve of being bundled out of their own RWC tournament. We obsess about NZ being a small country of 4.5 million and not being able to compete with England's mega millions.

It's not fair Cry

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:26 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:

To be fair the decision making and coaching is very similar to under 8.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Lets be fair chaps rugby union is only played in posh schools in the south of England and by drunken banker types at weekends.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next