The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

+84
gregortree
Icu
wolfball
Marshes
sportform
greenandpleasantland
haircut
JDizzle
Gwlad
milkyboy
The Great Aukster
overlordofthewest
Barney McGrew did it
protea438
Rory_Gallagher
Cyril
Notch
Geordie
Good Golly I'm Olly
majesticimperialman
Rugby Fan
Artful_Dodger
quinsforever
kingraf
mckay1402
nobbled
HammerofThunor
Sgt_Pooly
lostinwales
Biltong
Majestic83
Pot Hale
goneagain
munkian
Newsilure
Tattie Scones RRN
hjumpshoe
Fanster
Scarpia
tatterd
Gooseberry
doctornickolas
LondonTiger
flyhalffactory
glamorganalun
Seagultaf
GavCanDance
GavinDragon
chris_501
RDW
boomeranga
emack2
Dontheman2
MarcusHalberstram
yappysnap
Welshmushroom
gavstar
BamBam
Luckless Pedestrian
SecretFly
Steffan
TightHEAD
rodders
No9
Cardiff Dave
wales606
Liam
offload
LordDowlais
Blueschief
TJ
mikey_dragon
eirebilly
InjuredYetAgain
kiakahaaotearoa
George Carlin
Shifty
2ndtimeround
bedfordwelsh
Pal Joey
nathan
Welsh-Wizzard
RubyGuby
maestegmafia
88 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 8 Empty Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Oct 2015, 8:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 8 Wallab10   Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 8 Wales_13
AUSTRALIA v WALES
10 October 2015
KO: 16:45
Twickenham, London

Live on [tbc]

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Touch judges: Jérôme Garcès (France) & Stuart Berry (South Africa)
Television match official: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

A. Head to Head

38 Played 38
27 Won 10
1 Drawn 1
10 Lost 27
897 Points 590

B. Recent Form

8 November 2014
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
28 – 33 Australia

30 November 2013
26 – 30 Australia

1 December 2012
12 – 14 Australia

23 June 2012
Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney
20 – 19 Australia

16 June 2012
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
25 – 23 Australia

9 June 2012
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
27 – 19 Australia

3 December 2011
18 – 24 Australia

21 October 2011
Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand
21 – 18 Australia

TEAMS:

AUSTRALIA
Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 8 Yvonne10
I Folau; A Ashley-Cooper, T Kuridrani, M Giteau, D Mitchell; B Foley, W Genia; S Sio, S Moore, S Kepu; K Douglas, D Mumm; S Fardy, S McMahon, D Pocock.

Replacements: T Polota-Nau, J Slipper, G Holmes, R Simmons, B MCCalman, N Phipps, M Toomua, K Beale.

WALES
Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 8 Erinri10
G Anscombe; A Cuthbert, G North, J Roberts, L Williams; D Biggar, G Davies; P James, S Baldwin, S Lee; L Charteris, AW Jones; S Warburton, J Tipuric, T Faletau.

Replacements: K Owens, A Jarvis, T Francis, J Ball, R Moriarty, Ll Williams, R Priestland, J Hook.

The pool decider.

Damn those boys in the Canary yellow shirts look good, really good. Going through top of the pool Wales would be likely to meet Japan or Scotland...! Go through second and we meet a refuvinated Bok side.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 8 Empty Re: Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

Post by boomeranga Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:15 am

Fanster wrote:I still don't think this Australia team has a RWC win in them, they havn't played anyone of note for ages, SA were awfull in the RC and backed that up by being beaten by Japan, Argentina mauled them in their own back yard, NZ played a 2's/fringe team v them and probably coulve won the game still, then a dejected and nervy England rolled over.

An injury strewn Wales will be their biggest test this season, and although I think Aus will nick it, I don't see them beating Ireland or NZ, and in fact Scotland and Argentina are prepped well to deal with them IMHO.

Astralia and France are looking good in very lucky situations, neither have been tested thus far, but we will get a better painting of what they are about after this weekend.

Quick question, if Wales eak out a win, any type of win this weekend will they become 2nd favourites to win the RWC out right?

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but we struggled with SA, flogged the Pumas in Arg and beat a near full strength NZ (no Nonu and Whitelock on bench) in Sydney. I'm not buying the favourites hype but the Wallys legitimately won the games they have won.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 8 Empty Re: Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

Post by RubyGuby Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:18 am

Australia look strong and confident across the board and its great to see as they play the game in a way the purists amongst us love - They're not unbeatable however.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:31 am

Not unbeatable like the media is trying to hype them up to be; but wins over SA, NZ and England aren't to be sniffed at. Thankfully Gatland has a special plan, hence the changes to our team Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:35 am

Far from it. If we don't put out a good performance tomorrow I'd think last week was just a bit of a fluke. Really good tomorrow and I'll start to believe Cheika's fairy dust has transferred to international level.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:41 am

You've won a rugby championship under Cheika, so I think we can assume he has the capabilities!

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:43 am

Chieka has his flaws thumbsup

Last edited by RubyGuby on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:43 am

boomeranga wrote:
Fanster wrote:I still don't think this Australia team has a RWC win in them, they havn't played anyone of note for ages, SA were awfull in the RC and backed that up by being beaten by Japan, Argentina mauled them in their own back yard, NZ played a 2's/fringe team v them and probably coulve won the game still, then a dejected and nervy England rolled over.

An injury strewn Wales will be their biggest test this season, and although I think Aus will nick it, I don't see them beating Ireland or NZ, and in fact Scotland and Argentina are prepped well to deal with them IMHO.

Astralia and France are looking good in very lucky situations, neither have been tested thus far, but we will get a better painting of what they are about after this weekend.

Quick question, if Wales eak out a win, any type of win this weekend will they become 2nd favourites to win the RWC out right?

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but we struggled with SA, flogged the Pumas in Arg and beat a near full strength NZ (no Nonu and Whitelock on bench) in Sydney.  I'm not buying the favourites hype but the Wallys legitimately won the games they have won.

A 41-13 response at the hands of the All blacks though kinda puts the first result in perspective.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't discount them, they are favs tomorrow for a reason, but until now I have seen nothing to make me think they have a RWC winners trophy in camp, I however maybe 100% wrong, as is life sometimes, but I will need to see them beat someone playing well. Realistically they could reach the semi's without had a game to speak of whatsoever, how much would the English media love that, going out in the group stage to the best team ever to grace a rugby pitch lol

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:46 am

mikey_dragon wrote:You've one a rugby championship under Cheika, so I think we can assume he has the capabilities!

Sure. We can all assume that.

All that's left for him to do is to somehow convince Fanster. That is Cheika's next big challenge.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:50 am

eden Park was a flogging. They were all very worked up that week which was good in itself.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by goneagain Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:51 am

boomeranga wrote:Far from it.  If we don't put out a good performance tomorrow I'd think last week was just a bit of a fluke.  Really good tomorrow and I'll start to believe Cheika's fairy dust has transferred to international level.

Agree with this. Last week's performance was solid, without being the complete performance many are claiming it to be. They were under serious pressure and making mistakes in the  15-20 min before Farrell was yellowed. Had he stayed on I think we could possibly have seen tomorrows game as being a straight knock-out.
Either team will have a realistic shot at getting to the final. The problem for both though, is that they both have a very difficult run. 5 consecutive tough games for Australia and 4 for an injury-plagued Wales if either are to win the whole thing. Not sure if any team can keep up the intensity needed to do that.

Last edited by goneagain on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

goneagain

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:52 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:You've one a rugby championship under Cheika, so I think we can assume he has the capabilities!

All that's left for him to do is to somehow convince Fanster. That is Cheika's next big challenge.

I hope he likes impossible challenges then...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:56 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Theres no need to let insecurities to get the better of you.

Australia have played well so far, and go into their toughest game against an injury strewn Wales with their tales up, and a massive media push...

Similarly I was hearing the exact same thing with England going into the Wales game, so forgive me if media hype and opinion on here isn't going to make me hand over the WWE right now.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 09 Oct 2015, 11:59 am

Fanster wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Australia have played well so far, and go into their toughest game against an injury strewn Wales with their tales up, and a massive media push...

Similarly I was hearing the exact same thing with England going into the Wales game, so forgive me if media hype and opinion on here isn't going to make me hand over the WWE right now.

'outta nowhere...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Fri 09 Oct 2015, 12:01 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Chieka has his flaws thumbsup

He can be crankier than a bag of cats.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 09 Oct 2015, 12:15 pm

Two flawed geniuses at work then. (Gatland/Cheika). We're blessed to live in their time.... God help the dressing room bills though.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 09 Oct 2015, 12:22 pm

Fanster wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Stop telling tales!
You obviously have more exposure to the media barrage than we do since Cheika banned all media coverage here.
I wouldn't take their hype so personally if I were you. It's not WWE after all, is it?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 09 Oct 2015, 12:31 pm

The media hype for Aus was based on how they had played in the last couple of months - the media hype on England was based on how they were gonna play in the RWC - I always like to look for the evidence before making a judgement otherwise it becomes pure conjecture or hope as some might like to call it.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Fri 09 Oct 2015, 1:37 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Fanster wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Stop telling tales!
You obviously have more exposure to the media barrage than we do since Cheika banned all media coverage here.
I wouldn't take their hype so personally if I were you. It's not WWE after all, is it?

Cheika has banned media coverage where? Does he have the power to control the media in an entire country, or did the Aus media decide to boycott the RWC due to online rights to highlights etc?

As someone else just mentioned, i'll keep my opinion based on what I've seen, not on what the media tells me!

Mikey - You may be the only one here young enough to know an 'outta nowhere' joke... RKO!

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 09 Oct 2015, 2:56 pm

It was part of Chieka's contract that he'd pretty much control domestic Australian coverage of the event from England.
He's meticulous and that's why the Government agreed to the coup d'état takeover.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 09 Oct 2015, 3:26 pm

If a government agrees, does it qualify as a coup d'état?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Fri 09 Oct 2015, 3:29 pm

Then why were the Australian media negotiating rights with World Rugby / RFU / ITv (not sure who it was they threw the hissy fit with)...

At no point in no way can anyone control the media, within certain contexts maybe, but do I beleive the ARU have the power to negotiate with the gov, and tell Cheika he can do what he wants with media coverage? No chance! would it be a coup d' etat in that case?

Pre tournament the Australian news.com.au, Sydney Herald and Herald sun all said they would boycot RWC coverage because they weren't alowed full access to highlights package etc.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 09 Oct 2015, 3:29 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:If a government agrees, does it qualify as a coup d'état?

A Government always 'agrees'........... a coup d'état is a gun telling you to agree. There is never a choice.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 09 Oct 2015, 3:31 pm

Fanster wrote:Then why were the Australian media negotiating rights with World Rugby / RFU / ITv (not sure who it was they threw the hissy fit with)...

At no point in no way can anyone control the media, within certain contexts maybe, but do I beleive the ARU have the power to negotiate with the gov, and  tell Cheika he can do what he wants with media coverage? No chance! would it be a coup d' etat in that case?

Pre tournament the Australian news.com.au, Sydney Herald and Herald sun all said they would boycot RWC coverage because they weren't alowed full access to highlights package etc.

Well that one didn't boycott (is as much as I think I've been reading it over the course) so the threat was a bluff?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Fri 09 Oct 2015, 4:13 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Fanster wrote:Then why were the Australian media negotiating rights with World Rugby / RFU / ITv (not sure who it was they threw the hissy fit with)...

At no point in no way can anyone control the media, within certain contexts maybe, but do I beleive the ARU have the power to negotiate with the gov, and  tell Cheika he can do what he wants with media coverage? No chance! would it be a coup d' etat in that case?

Well that one didn't boycott (is as much as I think I've been reading it over the course) so the threat was a bluff?

TBH after writing that i'm not 100% sure if they went through with the boycott either, I just struggle to beleive the Aus government would allow the ARU the power to give Cheika dictatorship over media coverage of an international event...

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Oct 2015, 12:05 am

Just a joke mate.

I was alluding to the contrast between the full in-your-face media coverage that you have over there (and which obviously makes you get very tetchy... thereby fulfilling the media's objective of stirring the likes of people such as yourself up!!) compared to our more relaxed, laissez faire style of media coverage over here.

The is no media ban in Australia whatsoever. Talk about being insecure. Too easy.  l*l

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 10 Oct 2015, 12:28 am

I think there are a lot of open wounds on here at the moment Dog and satire is going over most people's heads . I nearly wet myself with one Irish poster today, thankfully he saw the funny side

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Oct 2015, 12:46 am

Quite funny reading back.
Some people take things too seriously on here and get themselves into a tangle for nothing. Everyone's a phucking expert it seems.
Nice day here... better to do some work out the back before it gets too hot. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 10 Oct 2015, 12:57 am

Good luck tomorrow Dog your team are playing some great rugby thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Oct 2015, 3:26 am

Good luck to you too Ruby. Should be a classic either way.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:36 am

This could be one of the epic unforgettable games that go down in rugby World Cup folklore.

Australia have been superb in their attacking flair, set piece and their control. Wales, blighted by injury have a dogged determination that gave us two fantastic wins over the Irish and a phenomenal performance to best England.

Good luck wallabies, I hope to see you play some spectacular rugby. Wales o hope you continue to do us proud.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Oct 2015, 4:41 pm

2 fit looking teams.
If this game is anything like the last match then we're in for a treat.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct 2015, 4:49 pm

hate to say it as i want wales to win but i cant see past a aus win

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct 2015, 4:51 pm

hands in the scrum?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct 2015, 4:52 pm

looking good for Wales so far , oz look nervous

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 10 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm

"Genia looking right back to his best"

No he hasn't, he's looked pedestrian and off the pace. Same as he has for the last 2/3 years.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct 2015, 4:59 pm

Wales doing well at clearing out, something England were Poopie at

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:04 pm

The was on the floor and clearly available. Then Charteris climbed over it to trap it in there. All clearly visible to the ref. Would have though penalty to Australia.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:06 pm

Wales really keeping Foley out of the game so far. If he gets in the game then its good night Wales.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:07 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:The was on the floor and clearly available. Then Charteris climbed over it to trap it in there. All clearly visible to the ref. Would have though penalty to Australia.
That's what I thought too
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:08 pm

This has got a quarter/semi final feel about it. Oz have had a nervous start.
All territory and possession to Wales thus far.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:11 pm

Can we get the ref to blow for full time now? That's enough surely...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:11 pm

this is a pretty physical game, hopefully there are no injuries

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:13 pm

mckay1402 wrote:Can we get the ref to blow for full time now?   That's enough surely...

thumbsup

Pretty harsh that whoever loses this gets south Africa in the next game

Last edited by HammerofThunor on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:13 pm

Wales need to start hooking on their own ball and getting out quicker, they are just under too much pressure to hook. Maybe G.Davies should stop feeding it so straight!
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:13 pm

Moore straight in at the side there

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:16 pm

Biggar is a bit of a drama queen isn't he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:18 pm

ebop wrote:Biggar is a bit of a drama queen isn't he?

He comes across as a prize tool tbh. He's always whinging and complaining, such an unlikable character on the rugby field. Good fly half though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:18 pm

Yeah, great with the boot, but always asking for yellow cards.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:19 pm

How the hell was Australia not done for changing lanes then? Shocked
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 10 Oct 2015, 5:20 pm

eirebilly wrote:How the hell was Australia not done for changing lanes then? Shocked

Yeah, I thought that.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next