The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

+84
gregortree
Icu
wolfball
Marshes
sportform
greenandpleasantland
haircut
JDizzle
Gwlad
milkyboy
The Great Aukster
overlordofthewest
Barney McGrew did it
protea438
Rory_Gallagher
Cyril
Notch
Geordie
Good Golly I'm Olly
majesticimperialman
Rugby Fan
Artful_Dodger
quinsforever
kingraf
mckay1402
nobbled
HammerofThunor
Sgt_Pooly
lostinwales
Biltong
Majestic83
Pot Hale
goneagain
munkian
Newsilure
Tattie Scones RRN
hjumpshoe
Fanster
Scarpia
tatterd
Gooseberry
doctornickolas
LondonTiger
flyhalffactory
glamorganalun
Seagultaf
GavCanDance
GavinDragon
chris_501
RDW
boomeranga
emack2
Dontheman2
MarcusHalberstram
yappysnap
Welshmushroom
gavstar
BamBam
Luckless Pedestrian
SecretFly
Steffan
TightHEAD
rodders
No9
Cardiff Dave
wales606
Liam
offload
LordDowlais
Blueschief
TJ
mikey_dragon
eirebilly
InjuredYetAgain
kiakahaaotearoa
George Carlin
Shifty
2ndtimeround
bedfordwelsh
Pal Joey
nathan
Welsh-Wizzard
RubyGuby
maestegmafia
88 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 12 Empty Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

Post by maestegmafia Sun 4 Oct - 8:38

First topic message reminder :

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 12 Wallab10   Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 12 Wales_13
AUSTRALIA v WALES
10 October 2015
KO: 16:45
Twickenham, London

Live on [tbc]

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Touch judges: Jérôme Garcès (France) & Stuart Berry (South Africa)
Television match official: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

A. Head to Head

38 Played 38
27 Won 10
1 Drawn 1
10 Lost 27
897 Points 590

B. Recent Form

8 November 2014
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
28 – 33 Australia

30 November 2013
26 – 30 Australia

1 December 2012
12 – 14 Australia

23 June 2012
Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney
20 – 19 Australia

16 June 2012
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
25 – 23 Australia

9 June 2012
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
27 – 19 Australia

3 December 2011
18 – 24 Australia

21 October 2011
Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand
21 – 18 Australia

TEAMS:

AUSTRALIA
Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 12 Yvonne10
I Folau; A Ashley-Cooper, T Kuridrani, M Giteau, D Mitchell; B Foley, W Genia; S Sio, S Moore, S Kepu; K Douglas, D Mumm; S Fardy, S McMahon, D Pocock.

Replacements: T Polota-Nau, J Slipper, G Holmes, R Simmons, B MCCalman, N Phipps, M Toomua, K Beale.

WALES
Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 12 Erinri10
G Anscombe; A Cuthbert, G North, J Roberts, L Williams; D Biggar, G Davies; P James, S Baldwin, S Lee; L Charteris, AW Jones; S Warburton, J Tipuric, T Faletau.

Replacements: K Owens, A Jarvis, T Francis, J Ball, R Moriarty, Ll Williams, R Priestland, J Hook.

The pool decider.

Damn those boys in the Canary yellow shirts look good, really good. Going through top of the pool Wales would be likely to meet Japan or Scotland...! Go through second and we meet a refuvinated Bok side.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 12 Empty Re: Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 10 Oct - 18:46

You've got to feel a bit sorry for Cuthbert.

WHY? He made no attempt to catch the ball or even knock the ball backwards.
No he got what he deserved a yellow card.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 12 Empty Re: Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Oct - 18:46

Ah phuck, 4:46 am here and still the big Uruguay match to come! Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 10 Oct - 18:47

That's surely Wales & Scotland out at the Q/F stage then?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct - 18:47

Yeah that defence was exceptional LD, for sure. Welsh attack was woeful but they did try. They just couldn't figure it out. Enthralling game given the stakes involved. But not one you'd watch again in a hurry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 10 Oct - 18:47

You can only take your hat off to the Australian defense, they were magnificent. Hard match next week for Wales but it's not impossible. Hug
Good effort by the boys today, they gave everything.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 10 Oct - 18:48

best 2 teams my ass. Aus were great. coin toss between eng/wales

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 10 Oct - 18:48

Great game to watch. You simply have to admire Australia for refusing to buckle.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 10 Oct - 18:48

Epic, epic Australian 13 man defence against 15 monster raving firey and hungry Dragons!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Sat 10 Oct - 18:48

I have never seen a better try-less game. Great stuff from both sides clap

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 10 Oct - 18:49

The Loaded Dog wrote:Ah phuck, 4:46 am here and still the big Uruguay match to come! Wink

Ouch!

But made me laugh.

Shackle dragger!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 10 Oct - 18:49

Cuthbert is fast becoming the punchline to every joke.  The Welsh boys on my Facebook are taking him apart.  Given that I'm not Welsh though, that knock on leading to his yellow card was pretty comical.

Last edited by Artful_Dodger on Sat 10 Oct - 18:49; edited 1 time in total

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat 10 Oct - 18:49

It would have been better to have been blown away by 20points than to fail again when we had everything in our grasp. You can praise the aussie defense but frankly if we can't score against 13 men we simply don't deserve it. The decision to go for a scrum rather than a line out went Mumm went off was as bad as Robshaw's. North bottled it when he could have scored and Cuthbert was simply awful.

I feel like we have gone out of the cup - such a missed opportunity.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 10 Oct - 18:49

quinsforever wrote:best 2 teams my ass. Aus were great. coin toss between eng/wales

Lol.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 10 Oct - 18:50

Exceptional from Australia - that was up there with the South Africa-Japan game for the best game so far. What a World Cup.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Oct - 18:50

quinsforever wrote:best 2 teams my ass. Aus were great. coin toss between eng/wales

laughing

I haven't laughed like that in a while. Keep swimming pal.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 10 Oct - 18:50

warbs has fear in his eyes...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Oct - 18:51

InjuredYetAgain wrote:I have never seen a better try-less game. Great stuff from both sides clap

I thought something was missing. Still in shock really.

I wonder who will be fit enough to play next weekend? Surely the team will be struggling to prepare for Scotland.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 10 Oct - 18:51

Gareth Thomas is a terrible pundit. He just gabbles nonsense!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct - 18:51

mikey_dragon wrote:
nathan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Disappointing not to top the group, but not as disappointing to be out of the world cup and latching on to other teams. Not sure why people are so convinced we'll get demolished by SA either, they're beatable.

you just love to have a dig.

You just love to have a whinge.

rich coming from you...

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 10 Oct - 18:51

mikey_dragon wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Such a missed chance for Wales. Warburton's captaincy has to be called into question here. How can you have a 2 man advantage (in the defensive backline) and still fail to ship it wide where you had numbers and score a try. Clueless decision making during that period cost Wales dearly.

Still think that they will give SA a very good game and not sure if SA are such a power to beat Wales. That will be a very good match.

How is Warburton at fault for the backs decision-making? We kept it tight as long as we could and nothing came of it. Warburton has had a fantastic tournament.

Because I dint feel that Warburton showed any composure, everything was through the forwards where Wales did not have a man advantage.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by protea438 Sat 10 Oct - 18:52

mikey_dragon wrote:Disappointing not to top the group, but not as disappointing to be out of the world cup and latching on to other teams. Not sure why people are so convinced we'll get demolished by SA either, they're beatable.

Wales are also beatable. I know the Bok team will say the right things in the press but they shouldnt have nightmares about that Wales team.

Last edited by protea438 on Sat 10 Oct - 18:52; edited 1 time in total

protea438

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sat 10 Oct - 18:52

Great game and well done to Australia fantastic defence. Felt that Wales didn't get the rub from the ref in the second quarter, but he more than made up for it in the second half.

Poor depiction making from Wales, why didn't they take a line out in stead of that scrum? Also North is wasted in the centre, particularly with Roberts as neither is a distributor.

Not sure what was going on in the scrums, Samson was being lifted off his feet, but I suppose if the ref lets you get away with it then it's ok!

Looks like Liam's foot has gone again, maybe came back too soon. With Cuthbert's form so poor not sure who will play on the wing against Soth Africa in the quarters?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sat 10 Oct - 18:52

Is that really 11 on the trot?!
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 10 Oct - 18:53

Sgt_Pooly wrote:That's surely Wales & Scotland out at the Q/F stage then?

Scotland will get spanked, Wales can give South Africa a game though.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 10 Oct - 18:54

mikey. u r clueless. 51m kick is all that got wales through...thats as close as it gets

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Oct - 18:55

protea438 wrote:

Wales are also beatable. I know the Bok team will say the right things in the press but they shouldnt have nightmares about that Wales team.

Of course, and I doubt anyone will have nightmares of the Bok team either. We'll see next saturday, after we have another week of sweating on injuries.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 10 Oct - 18:55

Good game and well played by both teams appart from Cuthbert, Wales looked the most likely to score a try but I felt Wales should have taken some shots at goal and why take a scrum when it is being stuffed?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct - 18:56

Poor captaining

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 10 Oct - 18:56

quinsforever wrote:mikey. u r clueless. 51m kick is all that got wales through...thats as close as it gets

Would you like salt and vinegar with your large chip?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 10 Oct - 18:57

When was the last time Australia failed to score a try in a game? Wales defense was pretty awesome as well, especially considering the injury list and the fact we had to shove players all over the place just to put a team out. No one can be unhappy with Wales, despite losing.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct - 18:58

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
quinsforever wrote:mikey. u r clueless. 51m kick is all that got wales through...thats as close as it gets

why not point the finger at the guy who's been wumming in most threads this week?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Sat 10 Oct - 18:58

We made a lot of bad decisions particularly when we had a 2 man advantage. Australia definitely deserved the win.
Well done the Wallabies......I'll console myself with beer for the rest of the night.  At least we're out of the group so we've got another game to come.
Still can't believe we failed to score against 13 men, that alone shows we didn't deserve the win and the easier QF

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct - 18:59

Wallabies deserve their easier ride in to the later stages. England and Wales choked. Plain and simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 10 Oct - 18:59

Shifty wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:That's surely Wales & Scotland out at the Q/F stage then?

Scotland will get spanked, Wales can give South Africa a game though.  

Agree +1 I suspect SA will know they are in a game, whatever happens Wales have done well with all the injuries.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat 10 Oct - 19:00

I rarely post when so emotional, but I stand by everyhting I wrote above. The lack of composure when we needed it most was criminal. We just missed the biggest world cup opportunity I'll probably ever see.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct - 19:00

ebop wrote:Wallabies deserve their easier ride in to the later stages. England and Wales choked. Plain and simple.

Still time for New Zealand to be added to the latter list.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 10 Oct - 19:01

Oh well, at least we should of avoided Ireland in the Semi this way, can wait for them in the final instead. Very Happy

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct - 19:01

overlordofthewest wrote:We made a lot of bad decisions particularly when we had a 2 man advantage. Australia definitely deserved the win.
Well done the Wallabies......I'll console myself with beer for the rest of the night.  At least we're out of the group so we've got another game to come.
Still can't believe we failed to score against 13 men, that alone shows we didn't deserve the win and the easier QF

To be fair, i thought Wales did well considering the injury disruptions they've had.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 10 Oct - 19:01

What on earth were Wales thinking? They could have come out the other side of the Oz binnings 6 points in front if they had taken their kicks. Warburton will have to shoulder the responsibility for that defeat because Gatland surely would have called for the kicks. Wales should have won that and have only themselves to blame for being so stupid not taking the points.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 10 Oct - 19:01

Liam Williams and Jamie Roberts both limped off.

Seriously, who is left?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 10 Oct - 19:01

nathan wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:

why not point the finger at the guy who's been wumming in most threads this week?

I'm not defending Mikey at all, but I do find the bitterness shown by a few (and I really do mean a few) English fans who cannot admit that the 2 better teams went through amusing.

BTW as people will know on here, I am not a big fan of Wales. I would have preferred England to go through.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 10 Oct - 19:02

Warburton: "We back ourselves against any opposition".
Reaction: What a nice boy.

Robshaw: "We always back ourselves at home"
Reaction: Offensively arrogant

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct - 19:02

Now now nathan, don't deflect attention

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Oct - 19:03

That was a very unusual match. Never seen anything like it... let alone Australia scrapping for so long. I think there was plenty of RL line defence in our game.

Wales had their chances but seemed to forget they had the numerical advantage or so desperately wanted a pushover try from a forward.

So many turning points (or should that be saving?) that I don't know where to start. As close as we'll ever get to a stay of execution.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Oct - 19:03

ebop wrote:Now now nathan, don't deflect attention

Sorry, i know how precious you kiwi fans get when the attention isn't on the All Blacks all the time.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat 10 Oct - 19:04

nathan wrote:
overlordofthewest wrote:We made a lot of bad decisions particularly when we had a 2 man advantage. Australia definitely deserved the win.

To be fair, i thought Wales did well considering the injury disruptions they've had.

Nathan, Injuries are what they are. We blew that game with the squad that took the field today.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct - 19:04

They creamed early in their pants LD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct - 19:05

Come on nathan, take your medicine mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 10 Oct - 19:05

bruising game, and compelling viewing until the last 10 when the result seemed secure. I thought wales nullified the aussies really well but just didn't have the cutting edge when they needed it. Fantastic defence from the wallabies but wales just lacked a bit of spark/subtlety as they tried to strongarm their way over.

Congrats to both teams for a good game. From a neutral perspective, wales v SA and Aus v Scotland is a more interesting NH v SH set of matches.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat 10 Oct - 19:06

The Great Aukster wrote:What on earth were Wales thinking? They could have come out the other side of the Oz binnings 6 points in front if they had taken their kicks. Warburton will have to shoulder the responsibility for that defeat because Gatland surely would have called for the kicks. Wales should have won that and have only themselves to blame for being so stupid not taking the points.

clap Spot on. I'm gutted. Any Welsh fan satisfied with that performance is setting the bar too low. We threw away a golden opportunity.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next