The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

+84
gregortree
Icu
wolfball
Marshes
sportform
greenandpleasantland
haircut
JDizzle
Gwlad
milkyboy
The Great Aukster
overlordofthewest
Barney McGrew did it
protea438
Rory_Gallagher
Cyril
Notch
Geordie
Good Golly I'm Olly
majesticimperialman
Rugby Fan
Artful_Dodger
quinsforever
kingraf
mckay1402
nobbled
HammerofThunor
Sgt_Pooly
lostinwales
Biltong
Majestic83
Pot Hale
goneagain
munkian
Newsilure
Tattie Scones RRN
hjumpshoe
Fanster
Scarpia
tatterd
Gooseberry
doctornickolas
LondonTiger
flyhalffactory
glamorganalun
Seagultaf
GavCanDance
GavinDragon
chris_501
RDW
boomeranga
emack2
Dontheman2
MarcusHalberstram
yappysnap
Welshmushroom
gavstar
BamBam
Luckless Pedestrian
SecretFly
Steffan
TightHEAD
rodders
No9
Cardiff Dave
wales606
Liam
offload
LordDowlais
Blueschief
TJ
mikey_dragon
eirebilly
InjuredYetAgain
kiakahaaotearoa
George Carlin
Shifty
2ndtimeround
bedfordwelsh
Pal Joey
nathan
Welsh-Wizzard
RubyGuby
maestegmafia
88 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 14 Empty Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Oct 2015, 8:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 14 Wallab10   Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 14 Wales_13
AUSTRALIA v WALES
10 October 2015
KO: 16:45
Twickenham, London

Live on [tbc]

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Touch judges: Jérôme Garcès (France) & Stuart Berry (South Africa)
Television match official: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

A. Head to Head

38 Played 38
27 Won 10
1 Drawn 1
10 Lost 27
897 Points 590

B. Recent Form

8 November 2014
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
28 – 33 Australia

30 November 2013
26 – 30 Australia

1 December 2012
12 – 14 Australia

23 June 2012
Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney
20 – 19 Australia

16 June 2012
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
25 – 23 Australia

9 June 2012
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
27 – 19 Australia

3 December 2011
18 – 24 Australia

21 October 2011
Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand
21 – 18 Australia

TEAMS:

AUSTRALIA
Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 14 Yvonne10
I Folau; A Ashley-Cooper, T Kuridrani, M Giteau, D Mitchell; B Foley, W Genia; S Sio, S Moore, S Kepu; K Douglas, D Mumm; S Fardy, S McMahon, D Pocock.

Replacements: T Polota-Nau, J Slipper, G Holmes, R Simmons, B MCCalman, N Phipps, M Toomua, K Beale.

WALES
Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 14 Erinri10
G Anscombe; A Cuthbert, G North, J Roberts, L Williams; D Biggar, G Davies; P James, S Baldwin, S Lee; L Charteris, AW Jones; S Warburton, J Tipuric, T Faletau.

Replacements: K Owens, A Jarvis, T Francis, J Ball, R Moriarty, Ll Williams, R Priestland, J Hook.

The pool decider.

Damn those boys in the Canary yellow shirts look good, really good. Going through top of the pool Wales would be likely to meet Japan or Scotland...! Go through second and we meet a refuvinated Bok side.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 14 Empty Re: Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
nathan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Hook can't really play rugby either. The ones championing Hook must not have watched rugby since 2008.

who would you start on the wings and at centre?

I'd wait and see on the injuries. But it's looking as if we'll have a back line of fly-halves the way it's going.

Thats not an answer…who would you start at wing, centre and fb?

How is it not an answer? Williams and Roberts went off injured so waiting to see on their fitness would be the LOGICAL thing to do. I can tell you who I wouldn't pick though; Cuthbert and your boy Hook.

thumbsup

He' not my boy, he is a much better option than Cuthbert

Assuming everyone in the squad is fit WHO WOULD YOU FECKING PICK?

Webb, Biggar, North, Roberts, Williams, L,Williams, Halfpenny. Very Happy

For the sake of argument, d'you reckon the aforementioned would've managed to score today against 13 man Australia?
I'm not convinced.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October  - Page 14 Empty Re: Australia vs Wales RWC Pool A 10th October

Post by InjuredYetAgain Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:40 pm

As I have said before, that was a great game for the neutrals.
Oz's scrum was outstanding compared to previous years BUT how many times did the Welsh TH end up air-borne? Either the Oz LH was boring in illegally and dangerously or someone needs to re-write the laws of physics. Now I know there is less of an emphasis on scrummaging in the SH but this was happening right under the ref's nose.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:41 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
nathan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Hook can't really play rugby either. The ones championing Hook must not have watched rugby since 2008.

I'd wait and see on the injuries. But it's looking as if we'll have a back line of fly-halves the way it's going.

How is it not an answer? Williams and Roberts went off injured so waiting to see on their fitness would be the LOGICAL thing to do. I can tell you who I wouldn't pick though; Cuthbert and your boy Hook.

thumbsup

For the sake of argument, d'you reckon the aforementioned would've managed to score today against 13 man Australia?
I'm not convinced.

I'd say so. They would have been more confident putting it through the hands. Not sure if we'd have won though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:57 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
nathan wrote:

thumbsup

I'm not convinced.

I'd say so. They would have been more confident putting it through the hands. Not sure if we'd have won though.

All were pros on the field today so should be confident in their ability to pass a ball. For me, that 13 man period says more about Wales ie our backline, rather than the Ozzie defence.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:02 pm

To me, they seemed a little reluctant to pass it to Cuthbert. I'm still wondering how they didn't score against 13 men! Australia will surely be in the final now, and are a good bet to win it. They've already beaten the ABs, they can do it again, in the final Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by goneagain Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:11 pm

Not sure what I just witnessed here. One of the great defensive displays or one of the most naive uses of a 2 man advantage in recent times.

Oz deserved winners in the end, but for the 3rd half of rugby in a row against decent opposition never really looked like scoring a try (discounting last weeks after time score v 14 men).
Not discounting Oz from winning the whole thing, but still far from convincing. As for Wales, think they have a decent chance against the Boks.

goneagain

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:12 pm

https://twitter.com/nzrayrays/status/652929162890493953

Pocock could be getting a phone call from the citing commissioner this week...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by haircut Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:21 pm

As well as he has played this rwc, the welsh 9 is falling in to the trap of believing his own press. This is a TEAM game. cost one try, possibly two. Also the welsh guy at 15 came through the line far too many times when a pass outside was on. The 12 had a word with him after he had butchered two kicks to nothing. Poor play. The captain should have chanced a thirteen man lineout when the aussies were down to 13, its worked a number of times .

haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by haircut Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:25 pm

As well as he has played this rwc, the welsh 9 is falling in to the trap of believing his own press. This is a TEAM game. cost one try, possibly two. Also the welsh guy at 15 came through the line far too many times when a pass outside was on. The 12 had a word with him after he had butchered two kicks to nothing. Poor play. The captain should have chanced a thirteen man lineout when the aussies were down to 13, its worked a number of times .

haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by Newsilure Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:27 pm

JDizzle wrote:Ah bugger. Well played Aus. Top defence and a well deserved win.

Thought Anscombe was okay. Solid enough, if nothing particularly special.

Thought Jarvis coming on was the real turning point in the scrum (Owens came on at the same time too, but more likely to be Jarvis). Went from being a Aus advantage to an Aus massacre.

There's nothing to be fearful of from SA next week though, we know what they will bring and we can beat them. It'll be bloody tough, but our WC isn't over yet. Keep dreaming!

Completely right, I didn't;'t think we would win today, or indeed that Gatland had committed himself to winning, next week we will hammer the Bojks and then for the first time in six decades ............................................................................

Newsilure

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:37 pm

What is gatlands record vs SH teams?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:42 pm

TightHEAD wrote:What is gatlands record vs SH teams?

Not good. Rubbish actually.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:56 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Just a wum he knew the answer.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by haircut Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:04 pm

jonny Wilkinson sums it up " if you can show your skills when its on to do it go for it, if its not on do the basics.......take note 9 and 15 for wales

haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:05 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:To me, they seemed a little reluctant to pass it to Cuthbert. I'm still wondering how they didn't score against 13 men! Australia will surely be in the final now, and are a good bet to win it. They've already beaten the ABs, they can do it again, in the final Wink.

When the ball went wide we looked clueless. Today highlighted the fact that our back play isn't that great and it's been this way for ages.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:10 pm

Let me just say...what a game...I'll always remember it. I still think Wales can beat South Africa..believe guys your team has a he'll of a heart

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lBdJ7bt3VA it's this.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:15 pm

glamorganalun wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Did you know the answer?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:16 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lBdJ7bt3VA it's this.

Yawn.........

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:20 pm

Records are made to be broken...its a one off game..no reason Wales can't get the win

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:25 pm

Think Wales have a decent chance. Australia have had the hoodoo over Wales for a hell of a long time - not so the Saffers.
Your defence is up to it. Need to find some attack (maybe North on the wing!) Good luck.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:32 pm

Wales can do it...depends on their injuries maybe Hook could be the saviour...

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:34 pm

greenandpleasantland wrote:Wales can do it...depends on their injuries maybe Hook could be the saviour...

Now you're just taking the pi$$!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:39 pm

nobbled wrote:
greenandpleasantland wrote:Wales can do it...depends on their injuries maybe Hook could be the saviour...

Now you're just taking the pi$$!

With the injuries they've piled up they need a spark from somewhere and tbf he's talented.

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:40 pm

Listened to this on the radio as was driving home form Leicester's game. Thus I have had to rely on the picture painted by the commentators.

When Mumm was binned and Australia down to 13 men I was screaming at the radio (and almost done by a speed camera) for Wales to kick a penalty then come right back at their depleted opponents. From the commentary it seemed that whilst the aussie defence was heroic, that Wales decision making was perhaps brainless and skills lacking with some white line fever. also sounded like Joubert may have bottled a few calls - there were a handful morer penalties from Aussies in that period it sounded like.

So:

1) Was Wales decision making as bad as it sounded like?
2) Should Joubert have binned a 3rd aussie or maybe award a PT?

Commiserations on what must have been a gutting losss, and good luck in the 1/4 final

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:43 pm

greenandpleasantland wrote:Records are made to be broken...its a one off game..no reason Wales can't get the win

13 man reasons today why Wales will struggle against the Boks.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:47 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

So:

1) Was Wales decision making as bad as it sounded like?
2) Should Joubert have been binned?

Commiserations on what must have been a gutting losss, and good luck in the 1/4 final

Yes, Joubert should have been binned. Wink

Wales had ample opportunity without the ref to get across the line and, yes, some of the decision making represented a touch of white line fever which the kind of emotional explosion within the Welsh team can bring about. Australia deserved their win and were magnificent in defence.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:53 pm

Thought after binning two that Joinery clearly didn't want to bin another one...and the Aussies were infringing tepeayefly

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:54 pm

Repeatedly...my hod I can't type

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:55 pm

greenandpleasantland wrote:Repeatedly...my hod I can't type

thats what a like to see. A man praying to his tools.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 10 Oct 2015, 11:04 pm

LondonTiger wrote:1) Was Wales decision making as bad as it sounded like?
I think there was a try on offer, so it's not clear cut for me that Wales should have gone for three. That missed Dan Biggar penalty proved significant because it meant a six point gap rather than three points, which might have changed Warburton's thinking.

I do think Joubert let two scrums disintegrate without finding fault, when it seemed likely Australia offended. Having said that, Wales had Australia on the run in one scrum but either lost control, or the scrum half tried to go alone, when it seemed harder not to score.

At some point, Warburton might have shown more awareness about how the clock was running down. When you have a two man advantage, you don't want to waste it on scrum resets. Still, the All Blacks famously wasted their chance against thirteen man England in 2003, so Wales are in very good company. And they are still in the tournament, which counts for a good deal.

Last edited by Rugby Fan on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Sat 10 Oct 2015, 11:05 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
greenandpleasantland wrote:Repeatedly...my hod I can't type

thats what a like to see. A man praying to his tools.

I don't pray to anything...If there is a god or a hod I'd like a word with thin about a few things. .

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Sat 10 Oct 2015, 11:07 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:1) Was Wales decision making as bad as it sounded like?
I think there was a try on offer, so it's not clear cut for me that Wales should have gone for three. That missed Dan Biggar penalty proved significant because it meant a six point gap rather than three points, which might have changed Warburton's thinking.

I do think Joubert let two scrums disintegrate without finding fault, when it seemed likely Australia offended. Having said that, Wales had Australia on the run in one scrum but either lost control, or the scrum half tried to go alone, when it seemed harder not to score.

At some point, Warburton might have shown more awareness about how the clock was running down. When you have a two man advantage, you don't want to waste it on scrum resets. Still, the All Blacks famously wasted their chance against thirteen man England in 2003, so Wales are in very good company. And they are still in the tournament, which counts for a good deal.

Tbf on the ABS the mistake was Soialo running it when England infringed again. The ref was getting peed off with us and may have given a penalty try

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sat 10 Oct 2015, 11:55 pm

Why didn't Wales take 3 points against Australia when 15 vs 13 to make the score 12-9 and then get the ball back and go again? I understand they wanted to get a try and possibly go 13-12 up but surely they should get some points first and protect themselves against Australia scoring another penalty.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 11 Oct 2015, 12:25 am

sportform wrote:Why didn't Wales take 3 points against Australia when 15 vs 13 to make the score 12-9 and then get the ball back and go again? I understand they wanted to get a try and possibly go 13-12 up but surely they should get some points first and protect themselves against Australia scoring another penalty.

Just back from the gamem and I cant accept we were against 13 men, and we we seemed to start against 18 men as the Ref, 2x linesmen and TMO seemed to know before the KO which side would get the decisions.... I have NEVER in my life blamed the officials, but I cannot believe how many decisions went Aus way... SH ref, SH started with 10 points advantage.... What a f***ing carve up.... furious

Think Nigel Owens would have been less biased....

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 11 Oct 2015, 12:41 am

No9 wrote:
sportform wrote:Why didn't Wales take 3 points against Australia when 15 vs 13 to make the score 12-9 and then get the ball back and go again? I understand they wanted to get a try and possibly go 13-12 up but surely they should get some points first and protect themselves against Australia scoring another penalty.

Just back from the gamem and I cant accept we were against 13 men, and we we seemed to start against 18 men as the Ref, 2x linesmen and TMO seemed to know before the KO which side would get the decisions.... I have NEVER in my life blamed the officials, but I cannot believe how many decisions went Aus way... SH ref, SH started with 10 points advantage.... What a f***ing carve up.... furious

You got very lucky with the decisions and still lost. Aus should have put 20-30 on you. Wales have no attack, just defense. SA will destroy you Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 11 Oct 2015, 1:06 am

But Aus didn't put 20 on Wales. They put over 30 on England though, and ended up beating them by 20 points.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Sun 11 Oct 2015, 1:10 am

glamorganalun wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Possibly annoyed that he had to attend a wake in Manchester tonight.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 11 Oct 2015, 1:25 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
nathan wrote:

thumbsup

You must be at least half english

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 11 Oct 2015, 1:30 am

Gwlad wrote:

Not that I know of. How are those James Hook posters looking?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 11 Oct 2015, 1:38 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

why can't you answer a simple question sensibly

the only injury doubt is Sanjay who IMO is a 15 and plays much better there, has a better kicking game and is better under the high ball

Therefore i would play him there if fit, with Morgan at 13 and North back on the wing

Hook is not by any stretch an ideal pick but right now id pick anyone over Cuthbert who IMO is close to a meltdown and does not belong on an international rugby pitch

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 11 Oct 2015, 1:47 am

Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

the only injury doubt is Sanjay who IMO is a 15 and plays much better there, has a better kicking game and is better under the high ball

Therefore i would play him there if fit, with Morgan at 13 and North back on the wing

Hook is not by any stretch an ideal pick but right now id pick anyone over Cuthbert who IMO is close to a meltdown and does not belong on an international rugby pitch

Bit rich when you come out with crass statements. You said assuming the squad was fit, so I answered your question. Maybe you need to take a look at the world cup squad when it had been finalised.

For next game however, I would agree with your proposed changes. I don't mind seeing North and Tyler interchanging as I think the former makes a good centre partnership with Roberts.

I wouldn't pick Hook or Cuthbert and I've made my stance on that clear for quite some time. That would leave us little alternative than to have Matthew Morgan on the wing. I would have Lloyd Williams covering wing before Cuthbert on current form... Need to pray that Williams and Roberts are okay to play.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Sun 11 Oct 2015, 1:55 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Bit rich when you come out with crass statements. You said assuming the squad was fit, so I answered your question. Maybe you need to take a look at the world cup squad when it had been finalised.

For next game however, I would agree with your proposed changes. I don't mind seeing North and Tyler interchanging as I think the former makes a good centre partnership with Roberts.

I wouldn't pick Hook or Cuthbert and I've made my stance on that clear for quite some time. That would leave us little alternative than to have Matthew Morgan on the wing. I would have Lloyd Williams covering wing before Cuthbert on current form... Need to pray that Williams and Roberts are okay to play.

Who is even left to come in if Liam Williams and Roberts are ruled out? Aled Brew? Beck? Harry Robinson?

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 11 Oct 2015, 2:01 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

you seem to wallow in being difficult

why even mention half and s williams though when they aren't in contention picard

someone needs to get more time on the breast.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 11 Oct 2015, 2:10 am

Poor comments.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh-Wizzard Sun 11 Oct 2015, 5:58 am

Cyril wrote:
No9 wrote:

You got very lucky with the decisions and still lost. Aus should have put 20-30 on you. Wales have no attack, just defense. SA will destroy you Smile

That was done to jolly old England. Who do they play next? Destroyed or not Wales have done better in the World Cup than you lot again. England had nothing but a fairly decent 3rd tier country with some potential.

Welsh-Wizzard

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:00 am

Welsh-Wizard.

I grant you that Wales have done better than England is this World cup...But i find it hard to except that Wales could not/did not score a try when Australia was down to thirteen men.

I thought they would of taken at least 3 points and get a second chance of a try after the kick off.

But they did not do that and Australia held on for the win. Good luck against SA,

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:27 am

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:30 am

well thankfully it wasn't the 41-9 drubbing I was expecting. The scrum, while creaking at times, was far more stable.

Our basic ball skills in and out of contact are woeful.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:36 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:All were pros on the field today so should be confident in their ability to pass a ball. For me, that 13 man period says more about Wales ie our backline, rather than the Ozzie defence.

So true.  The defence was strong but should never have been given that opportunity.  Roberts and North in the centre couldn't find space in the middle of the sahara.  That Welsh backline was devoid of any creativity.  Gatland continuing to pick Cuthbert is bordering on sadistic - surely every decent rugby fan wants to see his torture end.

Add to that some shocking leadership decisions and we have the biggest missed world cup opportunity I've seen.

Last edited by offload on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next