The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilder aiming for a voluntary next - Oh dear!

+7
rodders
TopHat24/7
Herman Jaeger
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
Steffan
Valero's Conscience
11 posters

Go down

Wilder aiming for a voluntary next - Oh dear! Empty Wilder aiming for a voluntary next - Oh dear!

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 05 Oct 2015, 6:32 pm

Wilder looks to be facing a voluntary opponent for his next defence. After his last two highly ranked opponents, who do you see him picking?

I wouldn't be shocked at Biggs!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Wilder aiming for a voluntary next - Oh dear! Empty Re: Wilder aiming for a voluntary next - Oh dear!

Post by Steffan Mon 05 Oct 2015, 6:52 pm

Probably will be Briggs. Once Fury dispatches of the Eastern European robot in November he should look to go Stateside and beat this lanky string of p!ss

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Wilder aiming for a voluntary next - Oh dear! Empty Re: Wilder aiming for a voluntary next - Oh dear!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 05 Oct 2015, 7:06 pm

If you take Joshua out of the equation and maybe Jennings......The top 10 of the WBC is full of stiff after stiff....

Who do you want him to fight ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 05 Oct 2015, 7:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If you take Joshua out of the equation and maybe Jennings......The top 10 of the WBC is full of stiff after stiff....

Agree with the first part

In regards to the second...the winner of Fury v Klitschko would be good. I don't mind him fighting Briggs...he makes me laugh so press conference value would be good

LETS GO CHAMP

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 05 Oct 2015, 7:33 pm

Oh god not another excuse to avoid his mandatory Provetkin

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 05 Oct 2015, 8:02 pm

He'll squeeze one more voluntary in and then he'll have to fight Povetkin. That'll be a good yardstick as to  what he's about. Winner of that to face winner of the other one. Mr Fury against Mr Klitschko.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:11 am

No surprises to see Truss leaping to Wilder's defence...... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:20 am

Steffan wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If you take Joshua out of the equation and maybe Jennings......The top 10 of the WBC is full of stiff after stiff....

Agree with the first part

In regards to the second...the winner of Fury v Klitschko would be good. I don't mind him fighting Briggs...he makes me laugh so press conference value would be good

LETS GO CHAMP

I think Briggs would flatten Wilder to be honest.

Briggs v fury is probably the most interesting Heavy weight fight out there, if just for the build up.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:58 am

Not really sure why some get excited by Povetkin....

Useless, plodding little slob....Last 30 seconds against Bruno..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:26 am

Who's getting excited about Povetkin??

Nobody ever said he's the goods, but in today's current climate, being what he it is, he acts as a yardstick.

He is tough and game though and not saying he's a puncher, but he finished Manual Charr off quite nicely.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:31 am

Never be a better time face Wilder. For a man who wasn't that good to begin with, Wilder seems to be getting worse with each subsequent fight and is also in danger of continuing to choose opposition so bad that David Haye seems like a viable option.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:33 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not really sure why some get excited by Povetkin....

Useless, plodding little slob....Last 30 seconds against Bruno..

I'm not excited by him it will just tell us how good Wilder could be

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:37 am

DAVE667 wrote:Never be a better time face Wilder. For a man who wasn't that good to begin with, Wilder seems to be getting worse with each subsequent fight and is also in danger of continuing to choose opposition so bad that David Haye seems like a viable option.

Think a pre-shoulder injury Haye would destroy Wilder in 2. Who knows, if he's still in tidy shape could still do it.

I do like Wilder, aside from that internet troll nonsense I think he's an interesting personality. Just a shame he's not up to much. Very weak champion, just hope he can hold on until Joshua fights for the World title. Could see Joshua stopping him early doors.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:42 am

Dipper Brown wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Never be a better time face Wilder. For a man who wasn't that good to begin with, Wilder seems to be getting worse with each subsequent fight and is also in danger of continuing to choose opposition so bad that David Haye seems like a viable option.

Think a pre-shoulder injury Haye would destroy Wilder in 2. Who knows, if he's still in tidy shape could still do it.

I do like Wilder, aside from that internet troll nonsense I think he's an interesting personality. Just a shame he's not up to much. Very weak champion, just hope he can hold on until Joshua fights for the World title. Could see Joshua stopping him early doors.

Haye mugged Wilder off in sparring for one of his now aborted fights. Made him look an absolute novice. Wilder was all about the blitzkrieg tactics when he started but is now trying to box his way in...Joshua takes him to the cleaners as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Oct 2015, 1:25 pm

Sparring is sparring.......Carl williams used to get the better of Tyson apparently....

Haye would run like a thief..........Hope he stays retired..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 06 Oct 2015, 1:53 pm

You really think Haye would run from Wilder, Truss? I think he'd have a field day.

I don't follow the heavies too much so can't really weigh up their opposition but 90% of the time I've seen Wilder, he's been windmilling. Haye was a class operator at Cruiser and could bang with both hands. For me, Wilder takes too many liberties and would have his head taken off.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 06 Oct 2015, 1:54 pm

But I, like you, hope Haye stays retired and shuts up about making a comeback. Tedious.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2015, 3:02 pm

[quote="TRUSSMAN66"]Sparring is sparring.......Carl williams used to get the better of Tyson apparently....

Haye would run like a thief..........Hope he stays retired..[/quote]
All very true but so is the axiom that some fighters are just sh!t...Wilder falls into that catagory

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 06 Oct 2015, 3:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Dipper Brown wrote:

Haye mugged Wilder off in sparring for one of his now aborted fights. Made him look an absolute novice. Wilder was all about the blitzkrieg tactics when he started but is now trying to box his way in...Joshua takes him to the cleaners as well.

I agree. Haye was pinging him all over the ring.

I'm so glad Joshua is coming through to mop this lot up. Horrible generation of heavyweights (in terms of quality).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 07 Oct 2015, 1:22 am

It's funny how all the top ten heavies are considered terrible yet Wilder is avoiding defending his title against any of them

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 07 Oct 2015, 8:33 am

To be fair I agree with his choice to fight another voluntary. He has since come out and said that he will not wait on Povetkin to come through his fight in November then fight after that. He wants to be as active as possible because he is the champ. After his voluntary and if Povetkin comes through Wach then next year they can fight.

Don't see the problem personally.

If Povetkin wants it, don't fight Wach and fight Wilder.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Oct 2015, 9:48 am

Wilder v Povetkin......How mouthwatering..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Oct 2015, 9:50 am

Better fights out there??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Oct 2015, 9:58 am

Wilder v Jennings.........I don't like slobs like Pov....

No offence.. Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 07 Oct 2015, 10:42 am

Povetkin can at least fight a bit. Jennings is hopeless.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:07 am

Jennings is pretty average, he just has those muscles you like to slather over. Would back Povetkin to beat him handily. Wlad didn't even get out of first gear.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down