The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Luck

+8
crazy_dave23
thebandwagonsociety
TheBrownTown
Derbyblue
miket281017
AdZacO
Grizzly
Colan (niner)
12 posters

Go down

Andrew Luck Empty Andrew Luck

Post by Colan (niner) Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:55 am

Just how highly do you guys rate him if you have seen any of his games. I quite like the vikings and the titans are my afc team and i can see both having poor seasons. If either have first overall pick, they could end up getting 3 1st rounders and a second as, if he continues to develop, he will be the best qb prospect in over 10 years.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Andrew Luck Empty Re: Andrew Luck

Post by Grizzly Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:56 am

I haven't seen enough of him TBH, but there's been plenty of hype over a number of QBs, some have succeeded some have bombed.
Take the last 10 years and there's been the likes of Rodgers, Schuab, Big Ben, Rivers, then there's been the likes of JaMarcus Russell, Luck will have to prove to be exceptionally good or exceptionally bad to appear on either list.
I refuse to believe the Vikes can be bad enough to get #1 pick with a healthy AP, and I don't se the Titans being bad enough either, I'd be looking towards Buffalo or Cincinnati....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:13 pm

I like him, but one thing i think will get picked on come next years draft is his delivery is pretty long, and a tad slow (only on medium and long balls). Good mobility, and puts good zip on throws with good accuracy. Really good to watch, and aparantly is a leader.

Last edited by AdZacO on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:14 pm

good highlights for people interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-a-N9Y5mc

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:34 pm

I actually think the vikings and titans will be in the same position in the draft as they were a few weeks ago, in a strange way i would like to see one of them having a terrible season as the sheer value and amount of picks to be had by trading away your rights to luck would be enormous. I think the redskins or panthers will pick no 1 overall. If a team like washington had something like the 5th pick, i would see them giving up a 2012 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder along with their first picks in the 2013 and 2014 draft.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by miket281017 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:22 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bronco's were 1st overall next season, wasted their pick on Miller although is an excellent prospect is in the wrong system! From what I have heard and seen about Luck, he is the best QB prospect since P Manning

miket281017

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:53 am

I think the Broncs might surprise a few.
I watched them against us (Chiefs) last year and whilst we made a number of mistakes in the game at Mile High they hurt us that day, and in the game at Arrowhead we needed a late Hali red zone sack/fumble/turnover to win.
McDaniels was clueless and the damage he caused the franchise could well be deep, but they have the biggest legend of them all within the organisation now and even though the CBA issues won't have helped there could be a different feel about the place this year compared to last.
Do we have any Broncos gans in here ? Interesting to get their take....

As for Luck being compared to Peyton, who knows, but I'm not convinced any franchise would be willing to give up 5 picks including 3 first rounders regardless of how bad they are.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:43 am

Grizzly wrote:Do we have any Broncos gans in here ? Interesting to get their take....

As for Luck being compared to Peyton, who knows, but I'm not convinced any franchise would be willing to give up 5 picks including 3 first rounders regardless of how bad they are.
TheBrownTown and El Capitan are both Broncos fans.

That's what I was thinking, he may be good but just having Luck is not enough and giving up 3 first rounders to get him knocks your franchise back a long way, it would have to be a team ready to win now but also has good depth or young talent at most positions.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:07 am

Yeh I'm a Broncos fan and I may be biased but I think there's no chance we have the first overall pick next year.
Our defense is younger, faster and has more talent than last year. We also have Dumervil back which will be a huge plus. I think too much is being made of Miller in the wrong scheme, he has proved that he can play linebacker in a 4-3 and the Broncos will find ways to utilize his pass rushing ability, he is an incredible talent no matter what scheme he's in. I could bore you with a whole essay on why I think the Broncos will improve but I won't. I'll just say we're gonna have a much nastier defense this year that can defend the pass very well (due to dumervil and miller rushing the passer and an improved secondary) and struggle slightly at defending the run (hopefully we can pick up a DT in free agency).

As for offense, I expect a team that runs the ball a lot more. Fox has said we'll bring in a RB in FA (this may be deangelo williams), and Moreno is a good running back if he can stay healthy. We also picked up a rookie RT who is a very nasty and physical run blocker which further implies we want to run the ball a whole lot more than we did last year under McDaniels. The passing game will be steady in my opinion, we have a very good bunch of receivers and a couple promising young receiving tight ends, we all know the situation at QB.

I'm not saying we'll get to the playoffs but I think we'll surprise a few people, last year we lost alot of close games (vs Jets, vs Jags, vs Chiefs, vs 49ers etc) so my biased self thinks that last year we weren't as bad as the #2 overall pick suggests.

Anyway that's a little off topic just wanted to get my view on the Broncos off my chest. As for Luck, he looks like a very talented QB but I hope we aren't bad enough to draft him next year.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Luck will be excellent QB for whoever signs him, but he is going into an extra year at Stanford, will have a new coach and I'm not sure how much churn there will be on the OL and at receiver. He stock will drop, I reckon the Michigan QB will start to get all hype next year but Luck is the better NFL prospect.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:11 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Luck will be excellent QB for whoever signs him, but he is going into an extra year at Stanford, will have a new coach and I'm not sure how much churn there will be on the OL and at receiver. He stock will drop, I reckon the Michigan QB will start to get all hype next year but Luck is the better NFL prospect.

Michigan QB... as in Denard Robinson... I'm not buying into him at all and he seems a bit fragile.
The Michigan State QB Kirk Cousins seemed much better when I saw their game last year.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:40 pm

i think luck will be top qb followed afterwards with the usc qb, the sooners qb and the guy i have heard a lot of good things about from san diego state. Denard Robinson is one of my favourite guys as michigan are my favourite ncaa team, he will go in 2nd round next year if he declares early as a dynamic qb/wr/rb/rs. Robert Griffin will go in the 1st round too as a qb

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:38 am

Of the top college QBs, I reckon Landry Jones from Oklahoma will start to make some noise next year. The Sooners are already being seen as the preseason number 1, so he should have plenty of oppurtunity to shine. If they were to win a National Championship, he would probably go in the top 10 as well, if not top 5 depending on team needs

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 am

I think there will be at least 4 qb's going in 1st round next year, possibly 5

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:21 pm

niner wrote:i think luck will be top qb followed afterwards with the usc qb, the sooners qb and the guy i have heard a lot of good things about from san diego state. Denard Robinson is one of my favourite guys as michigan are my favourite ncaa team, he will go in 2nd round next year if he declares early as a dynamic qb/wr/rb/rs. Robert Griffin will go in the 1st round too as a qb

USC QB is Matt Barkley, like all USC QB's he looks like a potential top 10 pick.
Sooners QB is Landry Jones
San Diego State QB is Ryan Lindley.
Robert Griffin III is the Baylor QB

I still can't cope with one of these Flexi QB's going in round two, no matter how dynamic Denard Robinson can be. Pat White was a prime example fo why this doesn't work.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:03 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:I still can't cope with one of these Flexi QB's going in round two, no matter how dynamic Denard Robinson can be. Pat White was a prime example fo why this doesn't work.
Antwaan Randle El is an example of why it can work, he's thrown a Super Bowl touchdown.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:59 am

Derbyblue wrote:
crazy_dave23 wrote:I still can't cope with one of these Flexi QB's going in round two, no matter how dynamic Denard Robinson can be. Pat White was a prime example fo why this doesn't work.
Antwaan Randle El is an example of why it can work, he's thrown a Super Bowl touchdown.

Brad Smith is another great example, admittedly he went in the fourth round rather than the second but the range of options he gives the Jets on offence and special teams is amazing.

With regard to Andrew Luck I'm fairly sure a year ago people were saying the exact same things about Jake Locker. He returned to school for the extra year and look what happened. I'm not saying the same thing will necessarily happen again but we'll have to see what happens over the next year before he's crowned the second coming of Peyton Manning.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 am

GB1919 wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:

Brad Smith is another great example, admittedly he went in the fourth round rather than the second but the range of options he gives the Jets on offence and special teams is amazing.

4th round is about the earliest I think that these gadget type players who are shifting position should be considered. Whilst Randle-El has made a decent enough career out of being a WR, the 2nd round was probably a high high for him retrospectively.
Another recent "gadget" player was Armanti Edwards by the Panthers last year which was another reach in the 3rd round.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:33 pm

I think you are right although i do think that denard robinson will be taken in the 2nd round when he declares and I think he warrants it as, even if his skills dont translate, he is a lot more athletic than pat white or armanti edwards and teams will jump at the opportunity to draft him. A qb may be small at 6ft , although he runs a 4.32 40 and will end up weighing about 210 and teams will see him as a threat due to his athletic skills and versatility. He actually does have a powerful arm for his frame, im not saying he will be a qb

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:32 pm

A lot of experts think Luck is the complete package and some have compared him to Elway as a can't miss prospect. He's got the intangibles and he's got excellent form, accuracy, arm strength, and is athletic.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Eircom Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:52 pm

He reminds me slightly of Aaron Rodgers, but who knows. Wherever he lands he'll be thrust into the spotlight and may crumble.

Eircom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down