The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoping for a positive end to 2015

5 posters

Go down

Hoping for a positive end to 2015 Empty Hoping for a positive end to 2015

Post by Pedro147 Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:13 am

So far 2015 has been a bit of an anti-climax with cancelled fights (Fury/Wlad, Lee/Saunders) and the Manny/Floyd fight not living up to the hype. Also some big fights we were all hoping for at the beginning of the year didn't get made such as Quigg/Frampton, Brook/Khan and the whole 147 division not taking risks so they can wait on Floyd and Manny to retire.

However between now and Xmas there's some good fights:

Cotto v Alvarez
Wlad v Fury
Lee v Saunders
Bradley v Rios
Callum Smith v Rocky Fielding
Abraham v Murray
Crolla v Perez rematch
De Gale v Bute

There's some pretty good fights there. Also rumours of Frampton/Quigg been announced soon (I know). But hopefully it is.

I'm sure there's some fights I've left out there. But how do you all see the above going and what you looking forward to the most? Any fights you're hoping are made that will take place in 2016?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Hoping for a positive end to 2015 Empty Re: Hoping for a positive end to 2015

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:30 am

So long as Fury is left face down in his own blood, sh!t snot and tears, I couldn't care less!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 28 Oct 2015, 12:41 pm

I was worried that this thread wasn't going to catch on and nobody was going to post. Thank god that hasn't happened.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 1:21 pm

Fear not Pedro...

Hopes for 2016...

The return of David Haye to coincide with the demise of Deontay Wilder
Quigg vs Frampton
Brook vs Khan
Step up in quality of opposition for Joshua (difficult given the sh!t that out there)
Lee Selby to get a bit of recognition.
Degale to be taken down a peg or two...again!
Ward v Kovalev
GGG v Cotto/Canelo

To never hear Mayweather's name again...except in news reports that he's be arrested and jailed for taking part in a drive-by and was only caught because the dumb **** used his own car (and there's only three ever been made)

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Wed 28 Oct 2015, 2:09 pm

The ones I'm looking forward to seeing from the list are Canelo beating Cotto (points probably), Lee knocking Saunders out and Rocky Fielding sparking Smith. Not bothered who wins the last one but think Smith may have a glass chin.

Fury Wlad I'll watch without caring too much who wins. I'd prefer Fury to win although it's unlikely.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 28 Oct 2015, 2:15 pm

AZZJ44 wrote:The ones I'm looking forward to seeing  from the list are Canelo beating Cotto  (points probably),  Lee knocking Saunders out and Rocky Fielding sparking Smith. Not bothered who wins the last one but think Smith may have a  glass chin.

Fury Wlad I'll watch without caring too much who wins. I'd prefer Fury to win although it's unlikely.

Yeah I don't know what it is about Callum Smith but never been sold on him, similar to Saunders actually. Feels like something missing with both of them.

I think Wlad will destroy Fury. There's not one fight in which Fury has impressed me. Joshua may be fighting cans but has looked impressive in doing so, Fury never did for me.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Wed 28 Oct 2015, 2:48 pm

I've never been impressed by Fury either. Always looked lumbering and uncoordinated to me. As soon as he meets someone that can punch then it's all over and that moment is nearly upon us. I do like the bloke tho, find him quite comical. The easily offended seem to hate him tho.

Have to agree on the Smith front. I'd say similar to Fury even that I don't get what the fuss is about with him. He seems to be the favoured fighter out of this match up whereas Fielding is a pawn. I think Fielding causes the upset although I've never been impressed with him either but he does seem to be in more exciting fights than Smith. A smidgeon more exciting any road.

Lots of talk on other forums of Josh packing glass too. I reckon he's got a decent chin. Easily good enough to compete at world level. He'll wipe most out early so it's the Povetkins that will be the danger before Wlad however Povetkins not a kid either. The division may open up in the next year where Josh will have an easy path to gold.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBoy66 Wed 28 Oct 2015, 3:52 pm

Fury v Wlad and Lee v Saunders have only been postponed not cancelled, dates have shifted so I'd hardly call that an anti climax, they're due to happen. You've also put them in your list of fights to look forward to for the remaining months of 2015.

Mayweather v Manny I kind of agree with but I didn't ever expect much more of the fight than what it was, a Mayweather shut out. It would have been the same whenever they fought in their careers.

Frampton and Quigg won't happen until next year, but when/if it does I really hope it's going to live up to the hype it will generate.

I can't say I'd agree as far as the anti-climax statement is concerned. DeGale and Brook winning world titles (plus others), Crolla v Perez 1 was a cracking fight and you've listed the rematch in your fights to look forward to this year.

It all depends on whether your glass is half full or half empty.  

Khan wants Manny, he doubt he'll get the fight which leaves Brook as pretty much be his only option. I see this happening next year and a fight I would definitely look forward to.

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 28 Oct 2015, 4:20 pm

RatBoy66 wrote:Fury v Wlad and Lee v Saunders have only been postponed not cancelled, dates have shifted so I'd hardly call that an anti climax, they're due to happen. You've also put them in your list of fights to look forward to for the remaining months of 2015.

Mayweather v Manny I kind of agree with but I didn't ever expect much more of the fight than what it was, a Mayweather shut out. It would have been the same whenever they fought in their careers.

Frampton and Quigg won't happen until next year, but when/if it does I really hope it's going to live up to the hype it will generate.

I can't say I'd agree as far as the anti-climax statement is concerned. DeGale and Brook winning world titles (plus others), Crolla v Perez 1 was a cracking fight and you've listed the rematch in your fights to look forward to this year.

It all depends on whether your glass is half full or half empty.  

Khan wants Manny, he doubt he'll get the fight which leaves Brook as pretty much be his only option. I see this happening next year and a fight I would definitely look forward to.

My points in reference to Wlad/Fury and Lee/Saunders is that they were called off when they were initially due to happen which was a disappointment but it's all now part of a packed end to the year.

Brook won the world title in August 2014 and has only defended against weak opposition since so he has been a major let down this year. I know there was the stabbing and all that but really felt he could've fought better opposition. Same goes for Khan and Thurman at 147. Although it could be argued that's a problem with modern boxing as a whole.

De Gale was a great win all right and Bute is a good first defence. Known to the UK from the Froch fight and is a good name on the resume and a fight I think he'll win.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 4:24 pm

Sky Sports reporting today that Manny claims he is in negotiations for a rematch with Mayweather. Now I appreciate the use of the words "reporting" and "claims" but Sky Sports aren't generally noted for far flung flights of fancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 28 Oct 2015, 5:57 pm

I think having to list Abraham and Bute fights shows just how short on good match ups we are for the rest of this year

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 29 Oct 2015, 8:48 am

Looking forward to the WladFury tbh. Wlad is such a far superior physical speciman,but is he now just a 40 year old bloke with a good physique?. Probably not but he can't go forever.
Video of Fury in the gym on ESB looks as though he's just some random guy with a new years resolution to get fit.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Oct 2015, 10:21 am

aja424 wrote:Looking forward to the WladFury tbh. Wlad is such a far superior physical speciman,but is he now just a 40 year old bloke with a good physique?. Probably not but he can't go forever.
Video of Fury in the gym on ESB looks as though he's just some random guy with a new years resolution to get fit.
Who gives up by January 5th

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 29 Oct 2015, 12:48 pm

He must be gutted about the Haye farce. Has to get a win against Wlad to be in with a chance of making half that money now.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down