The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craig Beattie hoping for Swansea starting place

3 posters

Go down

Craig Beattie hoping for Swansea starting place  Empty Craig Beattie hoping for Swansea starting place

Post by Adam D Tue 15 Feb 2011, 12:09 pm

Swansea hero Craig Beattie has revealed he intended to pass before hitting their injury-time winner in the 4-3 win at Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Beattie came on in the 76th minute and struck to seal the Swans' fightback from 3-1 down after 53 minutes.

But he admitted: "I tried to reverse it into Dobbs [Stephen Dobbie] and unfortunately for the defender it's sat up perfectly for me.

"I got a swing through it and it's landed in the bottom corner."

Beattie's powerful left-footed shot ended a comeback that began with Scott Sinclair's 60th-minute penalty and continued with Ashley Williams' scrappy effort eight minutes later.

The 27-year-old's goal prompted a joyous response among players, management and fans and left the Scotsman hoping his case for a regular place in Swansea's starting line-up is too compelling for boss Brendan Rodgers to ignore.

Beattie said: "I've started six games this year after I've come back from injury and scored four goals

full story and source - bbc website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/9396180.stm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Craig Beattie hoping for Swansea starting place  Empty Re: Craig Beattie hoping for Swansea starting place

Post by Swanseadabber Tue 15 Feb 2011, 9:26 pm

The lad has been unlucky with injuries since arriving on the banks of the Tawe, however this is a player with Champions League experience for Celtic and although I belong to the blue half of Glasgow I always thought that this lad possessed great potential, hopefully he will stay injury free and produce the goods in the white of SCFC
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Craig Beattie hoping for Swansea starting place  Empty Re: Craig Beattie hoping for Swansea starting place

Post by Prairieswan Sun 20 Feb 2011, 1:50 pm

Four goals from seven starts starts is pretty good . Seen a lot of unflattering comments about Beattie on many forums about injury issues . Well he's not injured now & he's not just scoring goals when given the chance , he's scoring superb ones . His last goal against Ipswich ( right foot ) & his winning goal against Boro ( left foot ) were sheer quality . I think were making a mistake not playing him moore !!. P.S. His run about after scoring against Boro made me laugh out loud for a bit Lol!!

Prairieswan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down