The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November

+15
GLove39
Notch
lostinwales
R!skysports
BamBam
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
funnyExiledScot
demosthenes
IanBru
RDW
jimbopip
Tattie Scones RRN
whocares
George Carlin
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November - Page 2 Empty Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November

Post by George Carlin Tue 03 Nov 2015, 6:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November - Page 2 Racing10         Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November - Page 2 Glasgo14
Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 14 November 2015
KO 16:15
Stade Yves-Du-Manoir, Colombes

Live on BT Sport / beIN Sports

Referee JP Doyle (England)
Touch Judge 1 Simon Harding (England)
Touch Judge 2 Paul Burton (England)
Fourth Official Guillaume Robin (France)
TMO Graham Hughes (England)
Citing Commissioner Peter Ferguson (Ireland)

A. Head to Head

#These teams are meeting for the first time.

B. Domestic Form

Racing 92
Sunday 8 November
Castres [*]-[*] Racing 92

Saturday 31 October
Racing 92 17 - 14 Brive

Friday 23 October
Racing 92 27 - 18 Stade Francais

Friday 16 October
Oyonnaz 9 - 18 Racing 92

Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 7 November
Cardiff Blues [*]-[*] Glasgow Warriors

Sunday 1 November
Glasgow Warriors 31 - 19 Ospreys

Friday 23 October
Leinster Rugby 23 - 18 Glasgow Warriors

Friday 16 October
Glasgow Warriors 29 - 15 Newport Gwent Dragons

C. Teams

Racing 92
Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November - Page 2 Julie_10
[tbc]

Glasgow Warriors
Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November - Page 2 Marian11
[tbc]

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November

Post by IanBru Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:56 am

Without wishing to dunk my head too obviously in the Glasgow Barrel of Self-Delusion, I've been quietly impressed with Puafisi. His scrummaging has been fairly good, and the change is really evident now from the RWC matches, when the scrum was being quite literally taken apart by Connacht and Munster, with the backs keeping Glasgow in the game.

I'm not saying Glasgow will definitely win, but we've got a good chance.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November

Post by IanBru Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:57 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
IanBru wrote:Also great to have Mike Blair for this kind of game - he's very much the David Justice of the team, milking out the last bit of brilliance that he has.

I'm not paying you for the player you used to be. I'm paying you for the player you are right now.
clap Well done FES, I knew I liked you.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:59 am

IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
IanBru wrote:Also great to have Mike Blair for this kind of game - he's very much the David Justice of the team, milking out the last bit of brilliance that he has.

I'm not paying you for the player you used to be. I'm paying you for the player you are right now.
clap Well done FES, I knew I liked you.

Of course it doesn't apply to Mike Blair. He's still completely awesome and the best player in the Glasgow squad.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:02 pm

IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Please don't bring up Goose. His death is one of the darkest moments in cinema history.
Yeah, that kicked me right in the feelings.

I hope this isn't triggering:

BamBam wrote:Thought I'd pop over and see what the craic was over here .. as ever, walking on to a Scottish thread and having no idea what is going on is pretty much par for the course!

Do you guys ever talk about the game Laugh
Not if we can reasonably help it. Very Happy

That's why sensible fighter aircraft have explosive cord attached to the canopy (the squiggly lines you sometimes see) so that when you eject the canopy gets destroyed rather than killing your pilot.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:12 pm

lostinwales wrote:
IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Please don't bring up Goose. His death is one of the darkest moments in cinema history.

BamBam wrote:Thought I'd pop over and see what the craic was over here .. as ever, walking on to a Scottish thread and having no idea what is going on is pretty much par for the course!

That's why sensible fighter aircraft have explosive cord attached to the canopy (the squiggly lines you sometimes see) so that when you eject the canopy gets destroyed rather than killing your pilot.
That's interesting! I always wondered what that stuff was.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm

IanBru wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
IanBru wrote:

That's interesting! I always wondered what that stuff was.

Either that or they were trying to play naughts and crosses in an unstable jet flight

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:07 pm

And you know how they test the strength of canopies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_gun

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:26 pm

Racing team out as well :
Szarzewski to the bench and Dulin dropped are the surprises.
15 Johan Goosen, 14 Joe Rokocoko, 13 Henry Chavancy, 12 Alexandre Dumoulin, 11 Marc Andreu, 10 Remi Tales, 9 Maxime Machenaud (c), 8 Chris Masoe, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Wenceslas Lauret, 5 Francois van der Merwe, 4 Luke Charteris, 3 Ben Tameifuna, 2 Camille Chat, 1 Eddy Ben Arous.

Replacements: 16 Dimitri Szarzewski, 17 Julien Brugnaut, 18 Cedate Gomes Sa, 19 Thibault Dubarry, 20 Yannick Nyanga, 21 Xavier Chauveau, 22 Benjamin Dambielle, 23 Casey Laulala.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:27 pm

Boys, boys. Are we not straying from the point here?
Canopies?

Now if it was canapés, Fes would have an opinion. But canopies?

Anyhoo, just when Storm Abigail hoses down Glasgow... Hurricane Schizoid will be wet and windy in Gay Paree. Stay tuned to the BBC for reports of moustaches appearing on hallowed works of art.

p.s. on a minor footnote; that is a serious back row with lots of attitude, and a set of backs to run the proverbial rings round anyone.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:29 pm

Our back row and backs, not the Jonny come lately Frenchies.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm

I was about to say that this is going to come down to whether the Glasgow backs get any ball off that monster French pack, but then I saw that Andreu, Rokocoko and Goosen form the Racing back three.

I think the World Class weegies might take one here.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 13 Nov 2015, 3:18 pm

lostinwales wrote:And you know how they test the strength of canopies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_gun
The most fantastic thing about that entry, apart from all of it, is that if you scroll down to the 'See also' section, you a referred to another Wiki entry genuinely entitled "chicken powered nuclear bomb".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:41 pm

Given this evenings tragic events in Paris, is there a question of whether this game should now go ahead?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:43 pm

Hope anyone who has gone off to Paris is ok - horrible news breaking

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:44 pm

Agreed. Absolutely awful.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:18 pm

Notch wrote:Given this evenings tragic events in Paris, is there a question of whether this game should now go ahead?

If they don't have the perpetrators killed or captured then I can't see a major sporting event going ahead. Have seen on FB that my friends are, so far, safe.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:29 pm

Friends in Paris have announced they are safe via twitter, but the enormity of the fact that dozens of families and friends of Parisian residents are not going to hear from their loved ones again surely means that any sporting event the next day seems... I don't know.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:38 pm

On the other hand it also shows defiance to show they're not going to bow down to these acts of terror.

Either way this is all very raw, I hope it comes to an end soon and the people are caught - horrible, horrible news.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:27 pm

Given the seriousness of the events and that there is still shootouts and a hostage situation going on, it's a safe bet that the game will be called off. State of emergency has been declared and borders closed. People over here should better stay in their hotels for time being.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:28 pm

News is France have closed their borders so in a purely rugby context- and this is obviously so much bigger than rugby- the advice is for any Glasgow fans who might be planning to make the trip tomorrow to stay home. It also has implications for any Glasgow fans in Paris now attempting to return to the UK, who it goes without saying we dearly hope are staying safe.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:42 pm

I've heard from Schiz and he's safe,
Personally I think the game will go ahead: not playing gives the terrorists a validation, carry onas normal and marginalise them.
However I have been drinking and this is far too serious for glib comments.
Schiz and Lady Schiz are ok so that's something.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:54 pm

I'm absolutely and totally relieved to hear that jimbo.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 14 Nov 2015, 12:23 am

So glad to hear that. And damn the news from Paris just gets worse & worse.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 14 Nov 2015, 8:24 am

Just read that all sporting fixtures in Paris are cancelled this weekend, so I think that we can assume this game is postponed. Horrendous news coming from Paris in general.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 14 Nov 2015, 8:52 am

Racing have tweeted the game is off

rose

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:53 am

My daughter was in Paris last night, so it was an edgy evening till I managed to get hold of her.

Cancelling the match is the right call, sometimes sport has to take a back seat. What happened last night was beyond awful.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:13 am

Graham, glad to hear your daughter is safe. Must have been a long night for you and her mum.

Schiz has messaged me to ask me to pass on his thanks to everyone her for their kind thoughts.
He says, "Game off and lock down in hotel. So we can't even get a pint."
This may sound trite but one of the kindest, gentlest souls I know is a devout muslim. By which I mean his adherence to his religious beliefs inform and shape everything about him. Especially his compassion and tolerance. These fanatics last night have nothing to do with the Islam that he, and millions of other good people, believe in and live by.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:20 am

jimbopip wrote:Graham, glad to hear your daughter is safe. Must have been a long night for you and her mum.

Schiz has messaged me to ask me to pass on his thanks to everyone her for their kind thoughts.
This may sound trite but one of the kindest, gentlest souls I know is a devout muslim. By which I mean his adherence to his religious beliefs inform and shape everything about him. Especially his compassion and tolerance. These fanatics last night have nothing to do with the Islam that he, and millions of other good people, believe in and live by.

Thanks Jimbo and I agree with your sentiments. I work in a very diverse hospital and my Muslim colleagues would be even more appalled about this than me, if that was possible.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:37 am

kiss Hug

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:07 am

Great to hear she's ok Biggee.

The game has been completely postponed this weekend and they'll have to find another time to play it. Not quite sure when.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:21 am

BigGee wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Graham, glad to hear your daughter is safe. Must have been a long night for you and her mum.

Thanks Jimbo and I agree with your sentiments. I work in a very diverse hospital and my Muslim colleagues would be even more appalled about this than me, if that was possible.

Indeed most victims of Islamic Terrorism are Muslims, because besides these horrific events in Paris, and the Charlie Hebdo and Toulouse attacks, most terrorist attacks in the past few years have happened in Muslim countries- Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc. Indeed almost 50 Shia Muslims were killed in a bomb attack in Beirut as recently as Thursday night.

All of this aside, I'm very relieved to hear Schiz is safe and that your daughter is also safe, BigGee.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:36 am

Reading stories about people hiding under dead bodies at the concert hall playing dead as the terrorists executed those still alive on the ground - utterly horrific.

By the way I'm happy for people to use this thread to discuss things if it helps - all I ask is that it doesn't turn into a political / religious debate.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:40 am

Good news that everyones family and friends have been accounted for. What has happened is truly horrific and puts things in perspective

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:26 am

Guys just like to say a few things on return from Paris (early this morning!). The bravery of the Parisian people and warmth they extended to us also apologising to us for the match being cancelled given what had just happened was incredible and very heartwarming. Also the guys from Allan Glen's Black Warriors locked into a bar by the police and an impromptu sing song delivered to help fellow customers through this. The rugby community (and on these forums) are people who assist those in trouble and each other. This is a wonderful reminder of the great game that brings us together (most of the time anyway !)

Once the match was cancelled and we got out of the hotel we met up with other Warriors and set off for central Paris after being told many bars/restaurants and (of course)public place like museums, churches and shopping complexes were closed. We found a good pub open and convened to watch what rugby we could on TV. Later we found a lovely wee restaurant full of local people (near to the Louvre). Young staff all came over (on seeing our Warrior shirts) and apologised to us that the game had been cancelled and their menu was somewhat truncated due to the incidents 24 hour previously. Given restaurants had been singled out for attack nearby the bravery and kindness of these young French men and women will live with me for ever. We started a rendition of the La Marseliase (at least the 'Marchons' part)which our French fellow diners joined in with gusto. Redolent of Casablanca I know but not at all corny, trite or crappy. It was very emotional and that comes from a hard, cynical besterd like me

Je Suis Paris

PS Now seems that words to La Marselliase will be given out by the XVI Warriors pre the Northampton game and we can do a Glasgow Warriors rendition in tribute to our brave French friends.
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:28 am

Great stuff 21st - glad to hear you're home safe and that is a humbling story clap

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:42 am

Lovely story, this is the reason why we won't be beaten by these scumbags. Glad you're home safe

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:47 am

Hug

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:52 am

What happened in Paris was truly dreadful.

Glad you got out ok. Such a shame that many others did not.

Hug
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:00 am

Great to see you're back safe Dave. Give my best to Mrs Schitz.

Give me a text on Saturday if you're free for a pint pre- or post-Northampton.

"Allons enfents de la Patrieeee, le jour de gloire est arrivé"
Going to be great!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:14 am

Great story Schiz in dark times and, as pointed out by Notch, by no means an isolated incident at all. Awful.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:19 am

Great story Schiz. clap
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:26 pm

IanBru wrote:Great to see you're back safe Dave. Give my best to Mrs Schitz.

Give me a text on Saturday if you're free for a pint pre- or post-Northampton.

"Allons enfents de la Patrieeee, le jour de gloire est arrivé"
Going to be great!

PM'd ya Bru re Saturday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2