The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November

+17
offload
Cyril
Pot Hale
maestegmafia
Cumbrian
Mad for Chelsea
Scottrf
hawalsh
propdavid_london
lostinwales
whocares
BamBam
Bathman_in_London
yappysnap
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
George Carlin
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November Empty Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November

Post by George Carlin Tue 03 Nov 2015, 6:35 am

Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November Sarrie10        Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November Toulou10
Saracens v Stade Toulousain
Saturday 14 November 2015
KO 17:30
Allianz Park, Barnet

Live on BT Sport / beIN Sports

Referee George Clancy (Ireland)
Touch Judge 1 Mark Patton (Ireland)
Touch Judge 2 Kieran Barry (Ireland)
Fourth Official Steve Lee (England)
TMO Marshall Kilgore (Ireland)
Citing Commissioner Eddie Walsh (Ireland)

A. Head to Head

4 Played 4
2 Wins 2
2 Losses 2
0 Draws 0
96 Points 90

B. Recent Form

12 January 2014
Toulouse 21-11 Saracens
Stade Ernest Wallon

18 October 2013
Saracens 16 Toulouse 17
Wembley Stadium

C. Teams

Saracens
Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November Kate-w10
[tbc]

Stade Toulousain
Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November Alycia11
[tbc]

Last edited by George Carlin on Wed 11 Nov 2015, 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 Nov 2015, 8:27 am

Born in Reading, Kate Twinset should really represent London Irish.

Sam Fox (80s topless model, and pop mimer) lives not far from the Allianz. However most fitting would surely be Jocelyn Wildenstein - a woman who spent a fortune of someone elses money to end up even uglier than before. Run

could be an interesting match up - who does Clancy tend to favour at the breakdown?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 1: Saracens v Toulouse, 14 November

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 03 Nov 2015, 8:44 am

Clancy doesn't favour anyone, he's as equally rubbish to both sides.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 03 Nov 2015, 9:10 am

What's Toulouse form like at the moment?

With the delayed AP start I think we'll see all the English clubs struggle in this first round.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Tue 03 Nov 2015, 9:26 am

Toulouse are currently 3rd with a 5/7 record. At home I fancy Sarries actually, although Farrell will have to keep his head, he seems to have been even more petulant than usual in his recent games (for both England and Saracens).

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 Nov 2015, 9:30 am

Toulouse 3rd in T14 with 5 wins and 2 defeats.

A good win last week away to a Montpelier team that had started with 5 wins from 6

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 03 Nov 2015, 10:12 am

I hope Toulouse tank them

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 03 Nov 2015, 10:20 am

why the hate towards Saracens BamBam?

Toulouse form is good right now and flood is florishing at 12 with fickou outside him. nto many injuries as well so they have a good chance if they chose their A team.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 03 Nov 2015, 10:49 am

LondonTiger wrote:However most fitting would surely be Jocelyn Wildenstein - a woman who spent a fortune of someone elses money to end up even uglier than before. Run
Sweet jaysus. I made the mistake of Googling her/him/it.

Now I can never un-see that. I had to look at my usual picture of Elodie Yung for half an hour to get those images out of my head. picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 03 Nov 2015, 11:03 am

BamBam wrote:I hope Toulouse tank them

+1

And every other non Sarries fan out there

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 03 Nov 2015, 11:06 am

am surprised English fans do not support their own teams in European comeptition but then again havent followed what has been going on at AP level.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 03 Nov 2015, 11:09 am

whocares wrote:am surprised English fans do not support their own teams in European comeptition but then again havent followed what has been going on at AP level.
Me too but it's like a Mike Leigh film on here sometimes amongst the Jeff lovers.

Lots of seething resentment and nobody is really sure why. Or who everyone's parents really are... chin
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 03 Nov 2015, 11:15 am

I think all Jeff fans will support the English clubs, except for Sarries who are less and less an English club.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 Nov 2015, 11:27 am

whocares wrote:am surprised English fans do not support their own teams in European comeptition but then again havent followed what has been going on at AP level.

Interestingly there are a large group of supporters who mock us when we do.

For me I would like Saracens to win this game (especially if players like George, Itoje and Fraser could be prominent), but be delighted if Saints can thrash them this weekend.

Why?

Well because in my view Saracens club management are lying, cheating, bullying cowards. I believe they would like nothing more than to destroy any semblance of competition within the english domestic game and are interested in nothing other than their own over-inflated egos. I would not urinate on them if they were on fire.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 03 Nov 2015, 11:35 am

yappysnap wrote:I think all Jeff fans will support the English clubs, except for Sarries who are less and less an English club.

Its not quite true as there is a lot of young and promising English talent there. Got to separate the management and its policies from the players on the pitch sometimes.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 03 Nov 2015, 12:08 pm

Ok, I'll rephrase ..

I hope Itoje, Fraser, George, Farrell etc play brilliantly, but Sarries still get tanked

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 03 Nov 2015, 12:24 pm

I'd like to but I can't.

As a club that's lied and bullied it's way to changing the English game to "compete with the French" (as if that's the be all and end all), I really hope they then get thrashed by those same French clubs.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 03 Nov 2015, 1:21 pm

yappysnap wrote:I'd like to but I can't.

As a club that's lied and bullied it's way to changing the English game to "compete with the French" (as if that's the be all and end all), I really hope they then get thrashed by those same French clubs.

Fair enough - just funny in a way that you are happy to see an English team dominated by some megalomaniac moneybags be beaten by a French team dominated by some megalomaniac moneybags...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 Nov 2015, 1:48 pm

Saracens are playing Toulouse not Toulon

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 03 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Saracens are playing Toulouse not Toulon

Yappy wasn't being that specific Smile

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Nov 2015, 5:55 am

Official preview:
PREVIEW: Medard ready for start of Toulouse's new era

Toulouse begin a new era against Saracens this weekend, but Maxime Medard has vowed their European Rugby Champions Cup ambitions will remain the same.

The Pool 1 clash against Aviva Premiership champions Saracens will mark the first time the French club have played a European fixture without Guy Noves at the helm.

The former head coach has moved on after 22 years and four European titles to take over as boss of the French national team, with former full-back Ugo Mola assuming control.

It will add some extra intrigue at Allianz Park on Saturday, but Medard is confident the switch will be seamless as Les Rouge et Noir being their tilt at continental glory.

"The values, fundamentals and ambitions are the same as they have always been. We must be able to mix up our game, we have to make sure we do the basics well and after that we can look to play," he said.

"It's been an easy transition. We have a lot of the same players as last season and we have not changed the Toulouse game plan. We are playing as we have done for a long time. We put the fundamentals in place and build from there."

Toulouse were drawn in the same pool as Saracens two seasons ago, with the French side winning both meetings, including a tense clash at Wembley.

Flanker Jacques Burger has promised the unbeaten Premiership leaders will throw everything they have at the visitors in order to pick up a crucial home win.

"It's an incredibly important game. We have shown character when things do not go our way, there is an awful lot of character in this side and that is a massive thing going into Europe, said Burger.

"We fight hard when the chips are down, it is early in the season and beating Northampton last weekend is a big result for us to build on.

"Going into Europe is different but the mindset stays the same. You have to stay on your game and work hard. In that competition you play teams at the top of their game, it will be a tough challenge but we will throw everything at them."
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:55 pm

The cheats side is in

15 Alex Goode
14 Chris Ashton
13 Duncan Taylor
12 Brad Barritt ©
11 Chris Wyles
10 Owen Farrell
9 Richard Wigglesworth
1 Mako Vunipola
2 Jamie George
3 Petrus Du Plessis
4 George Kruis
5 Maro Itoje
6 Michael Rhodes
7 Will Fraser
8 Billy Vunipola

16 Schalk Brits
17 Rhys Gill
18 Juan Figallo
19 Alistair Hargreaves
20 Jackson Wray
21 Neil de Kock
22 Charlie Hodgson
23 Marcelo Bosch

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:59 pm

These Saracens threads are a lot quieter these days

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:35 pm

Sarries pack looks a bit lightweight! Are they going to be able to contain the Big French packs?
Is James Johnston injured? He doesnt seem to be getting much gametime with Sarries!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:36 pm

Scratch the last - Just remembered that he transferred out.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Sarries pack looks a bit lightweight! Are they going to be able to contain the Big French packs?  
Is James Johnston injured?   He doesnt seem to be getting much gametime with Sarries!

Pretty tough to call a pack with the Vunipolas, Itoje and George lightweight! Think they have a good balance actually, Rhodes I haven't seen much of but looks solid at the set piece with George and Kruis in there.

Front row are decent carriers, so is Itoje and obviously Billy, looks good to me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Sat 14 Nov 2015, 2:15 am

If Saracens are spending well above other sides in the Premiership, I'm a bit confused as to where that money is going. They're either paying well over the odds for the players they've got or the Vunipolas' food allowance is much bigger than I thought. Can that side really cost much more than Bath, Gloucester or Saints? It looks more on the level with Quins, Tigers or Wasps.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 14 Nov 2015, 6:08 am

Really? It's a lot of internationals.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 14 Nov 2015, 8:03 am

And it was two seasons back so guys like Strettle (now left) and John Smit (now left) were paid for, Ashton was still an International too.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 14 Nov 2015, 6:33 pm

anyone watching. Tremendously impressive first half from Sarries one has to say. Mako, George and Itoje doing their England credentials no harm at all with fine performances so far. George has hit his men perfectly at the line-out, Mako has dominated his opposite number in the scrums, and both very much involved ball in hand, each playing pivotal roles in the tries with some lovely passes (and of course Mako finished off the first try with a good drive). Itoje has done well at the line-out, carried strongly, and made a right mess of himself at the breakdown.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 14 Nov 2015, 6:44 pm

Would add Fraser, Farrell and (dare I say it?) Ashton to that list MfC too. Thought Duncan Taylor has looked decent from Scotland's perspective too.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 14 Nov 2015, 6:51 pm

I've noticed that Itoje looks deceptively powerful for such an athletic player, kind of what we hope Lawes would be.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Nov 2015, 6:59 pm

Filo I penalised for holding the Saracens number six by the neck.

But Farrell did the same at the last dubiously awarded try to a Toulouse player on the ground, shown repeatedly on the tmo replays and it wasn't even mentioned...?

Clancy is an awful referee

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 14 Nov 2015, 7:10 pm

Stroll in the park for Saracens so far 32-7.

Jeez Toulouse are woeful  and yet have been doing ok this season.

Saracens might get to the final this year.  They're one of the few teams who look more than interested in getting there and have the means to do so.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 14 Nov 2015, 7:13 pm

Saracens will kick themselves if they don't manage to get a fourth try...
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 14 Nov 2015, 7:32 pm

Sorry for the man crush but Itoje is really good in the tight areas. He seems to have an uncanny ability to work his way to the ball carrier in the maul. He is going to be one heck of a player in the future, Saracens and England need to manage him very carefully.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 14 Nov 2015, 7:34 pm

And it looks like Toulouse managed to hold them out if I'm reading the current scoreline as a full-time one correctly.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 14 Nov 2015, 7:37 pm

They did, very frustrating for Sarries.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 14 Nov 2015, 8:29 pm

Fantastic performance by Sarries in the first half. Immense.

They'll be disappointed to not get the bonus point after that start, but that was a heck of a marker to lay down for the other Champions Cup sides.

Very impressed by some of the England lads, especially George, Itoje and the Vunipolas. Farrell and Ashton also looking sharp. You could make a pretty decent England XV out of the Sarries squad Smile

Good handling too considering the conditions.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 15 Nov 2015, 7:57 am

I really don't like Saracens. Nothing about them is attractive. They are by far the easiest team in England to dislike (which is saying something when I think about Leicester).

But I have to say a big congratulations - that was a superb performance yesterday. Outstanding from a number of players and a simple game plan, very well executed.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 15 Nov 2015, 9:43 am

Cumbrian wrote:Sorry for the man crush but Itoje is really good in the tight areas.  He seems to have an uncanny ability to work his way to the ball carrier in the maul.  He is going to be one heck of a player in the future, Saracens and England need to manage him very carefully.

What I like most about him is that unlike most of his team mates he does not seem to indulge in the petty, niggly, off the ball stuff. Saracens have been pushing the foul play margins all season so far, but not itoje.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 15 Nov 2015, 9:45 am

He was pretty niggly when we played them LT.  Not to he level of some, but he's certainly no angel out there.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Sun 15 Nov 2015, 10:36 am

Does anyone know what Longbottom's up to? Is he fit and playing at some level?

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 15 Nov 2015, 10:51 am

boomeranga wrote:Does anyone know what Longbottom's up to?  Is he fit and playing at some level?

Last I heard, recovering from surgery

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sun 15 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

offload wrote:I really don't like Saracens.  Nothing about them is attractive.  They are by far the easiest team in England to dislike (which is saying something when I think about Leicester).

But I have to say a big congratulations - that was a superb performance yesterday.  Outstanding from a number of players and a simple game plan, very well executed.  

So what do you dislike? the fact they broke the cap? do you dislike bath as much? or Leicester who I believe broke the cap in the early days of it?
Have a great academy producing some fantastic young English talent? Can field a near full strength EQ 15?
Trying to expand rugby to more non traditional supporters?
or just because their doing better than your team now and its not fair?

All Sarries get is negative negative negative, no one wants to know about all the good community stuff, as soon as its mentioned its buried under loads of Farrell is petulant child etc. name one tean than is clean cut and doesn't cheat ON the field to gain an advantage

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sun 15 Nov 2015, 11:56 am

LondonTiger wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:Sorry for the man crush but Itoje is really good in the tight areas.  He seems to have an uncanny ability to work his way to the ball carrier in the maul.  He is going to be one heck of a player in the future, Saracens and England need to manage him very carefully.

What I like most about him is that unlike most of his team mates he does not seem to indulge in the petty, niggly, off the ball stuff. Saracens have been pushing the foul play margins all season so far, but not itoje.

Sorry LT but your telling me Leicester have never been a niggle off the ball side? all sides do it some get caught some don't. some of the reasons to dislike sarries these days are getting pretty petty and hypocritical

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 15 Nov 2015, 1:58 pm

The antics of Burger and Farrell so far this season have been pathetic. Burger, as deemed by the disciplinary process, should have been sent off against Saints.

Sarries are playing this season with a snarl - that is up to them and i am sure they know that it will alienate non-fans of their club and I am equally sure they do not care. They have taken the no-one likes us tag from Leicester - which I am glad of.

If you wish to view me as a hypocrite - so be it. I am just rather sad that a club I invested so much time into has turned into such a nasty piece of work.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 15 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm

Burger should have seen yellow against LI as well but he got away with it somehow ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 15 Nov 2015, 6:57 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:
offload wrote:I really don't like Saracens.  Nothing about them is attractive.  They are by far the easiest team in England to dislike (which is saying something when I think about Leicester).

But I have to say a big congratulations - that was a superb performance yesterday.  Outstanding from a number of players and a simple game plan, very well executed.  

So what do you dislike? the fact they broke the cap? do you dislike bath as much? or Leicester who I believe broke the cap in the early days of it?
Have a great academy producing some fantastic young English talent? Can field a near full strength EQ 15?
Trying to expand rugby to more non traditional supporters?
or just because their doing better than your team now and its not fair?

All Sarries get is negative negative negative, no one wants to know about all the good community stuff, as soon as its mentioned its buried under loads of Farrell is petulant child etc. name one tean than is clean cut and doesn't cheat ON the field to gain an advantage

Laugh Touched a nerve then.

I can like whatever I please. I don't like Sarries, Leicester or the Scarlets. I like Bath, Exeter and Wasps. I like The Times, soft cheese and skiing. I can't stand the Daily Mail, celebrities and the colour orange. Is that OK with you?
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:29 am

I take back what I said earlier - that Sarries pack dealt with Toulouse counterparts with relative ease.
Granted it looked like Toulouse never really got going but that was a very professional performance. Itoje is developing very nicely.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next