The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why recording your poundages in the gym is a bad idea !!

2 posters

Go down

Why recording your poundages in the gym is a bad idea !! Empty Why recording your poundages in the gym is a bad idea !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 8:07 pm

Over the years I've tended to see people writing down their exploits at the gym to record their reps and poundages..Progress indication !!.

Always eschewed this practice and here is why.....

1. Beating the workout before seems to become become the upper most priority..... and in most cases form goes out of the window in an attempt to achieve this objective..........A bodybuilder's primary objective is to work the muscle properly...The mind to muscle connection.

2. You only need to remember the first heaviest set on your initial compound movement ........and if you need a book to remember that you must be a dumbasss.............I mean whatever exercise you do after your first you're beholden to the energy you have left.....So If you are two reps down on your second exercise it's probably because your first exercise has taken more out of you than usual.....Certainly isn't a progress indicator !!!.....

3. Rep speeds vary from workout to workout without the trainer knowing. You never do two workouts the same.....If you do slightly quicker reps more than likely you will do more of them........Energy levels vary also.....

4. Continually jotting down stuff after sets in a workout also lessens your recovery..............Lessens your focus............

5. These people do the same warmups each workout and have to adhere to the same time between sets.....Where is the fun in that ??

My advice is leave your notebooks at home and just focus on the muscle...........The simpler the training the more you'll enjoy it.....

I only remembered my heaviest primary set on my first exercise................Incline dumbbell press.................Deadlift..........Squats........

It's all you need to know and you probably don't need to know that !!...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Why recording your poundages in the gym is a bad idea !! Empty Re: Why recording your poundages in the gym is a bad idea !!

Post by AdamT Sat 07 Nov 2015, 12:19 pm

I agree for bodybuilding it's a waste of time.

Too many waste more time writing sh1t down. Get in and train hard, then leave.

I am shaking as type this. Hit a 150 bench today. 330 for our American Friends!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down