The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English clubs in europe this weekend.

4 posters

Go down

English clubs in europe this weekend. Empty English clubs in europe this weekend.

Post by HQ matt Mon 09 Nov 2015, 8:49 pm

Quins vs montpellier
Thursday night games are a bit of a pain but i'll be there for the first euro game of the season. Quins started the season well but I believe montpellier have too. I expect to see some squad rotation from quins in this competition but still expect quins to win at home and keep the momentum going. It was a poor performance against sale and this game should present fringe players with a chance to impress.

Tigers Vs stade
Tigers have also started the season well despite still missing lots of players. As french champs Stade should offer a strong threat but it has been some time since they competed at the business end of european competition and tigers should have enough. Consistency is so important in getting out of the groups, tigers have to win this one, when they get some injured players back they can make quarters.

Sarries vs Toulouse
Sarries have been the most consistent english side in europe for several years now and almost expect to make the quarters. I went to this fixture at wembley a couple of years ago and toulouse nicked the win that day. Toulouse playing well in the top 14, apparently toby flood playing well at 12 will always be a threat but again I expect the englisg side to win at home and get some revenge for that defeat at wembley.

Saints Vs scarlets
Saints have clearly not started well this season and to me there looks like there is something missing. They have a strong squad of players though and should improve, will it be in time as you have to start quickly in this comp, im not sure. Of course this game could be the catalyst to kick start saints season and i am sure thats the way they will look at it.

Worcester Vs atlantique something or other
Never heard of the opposition, leading me to conclude worcester can rotate and still win at a canter.

Gloucester Vs Zebre
This is the right competition for zebre and they may not be total whipping boys. Gloucester also just arent clicking, the fans are being patient but not seeing much progress, imagine they will want to see a big home win. Vital that gloucester show some more invention than they did against wasps at the weekend, they should have enough.

Irish vs Agen
Opportunity for Irish to get their first win of the season, desperately needed.

Leinster Vs Wasps
Looking forward to this one. Wasps are a bit hit and miss thus far but there have defo been signs for how dangerous they can be going forward, the likes of daly, wade and paitau will cause any side problems. But leinster will surely be too strong.

Toulon vs bath
Also looking forward to this one. Problem is i dont think bath have quite got going yet and toulon just have a monster pack. I suppose the pressure is off bath in this as they wont be expected to win, so it offers them a chance to open up and play a bit, which could well suit them. I hope to see the bath back line play like they did so often last year, although a doubt it will be enough to beat the champs!

Dragons Vs Sale
Sale were good at quins the other night, they have a well balanced team and I think they could go away and win. Sale will struggle to get in to the top 6 as it is so competitive in the AP, a good run in the challenge cup could be a genuine target.

Brive vs falcons
Cant see falcons winning in france as they have been rather poor but i hope they can be competitve and maybe nick a win....

Ospreys Vs exeter
Interesting fixture this one. In the past I would have had ospreys to win all day long but exeter are a different animal now and this could be their break through season in europe, if they are to get out of the group a Lbp here could be vital.

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

English clubs in europe this weekend. Empty Re: English clubs in europe this weekend.

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:48 am

I'd have the english clubs favourites in all games except for Bath at Toulon and Falcons at Brive. Could be a very strong weekend for the PRL.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

English clubs in europe this weekend. Empty Re: English clubs in europe this weekend.

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:50 am

On the Wasps game, what is the story with Piatau? He's with Wasps but also Ulster or something? Do wasps have him for a full season? Or if only half a season is he cup-tied from lining out for Ulster if he plays for Wasps in europe this season? Loads of questions I know, but I'm curious.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:55 am

thebandwagonsociety wrote:On the Wasps game, what is the story with Piatau? He's with Wasps but also Ulster or something? Do wasps have him for a full season? Or if only half a season is he cup-tied from lining out for Ulster if he plays for Wasps in europe this season? Loads of questions I know, but I'm curious.

He is at Wasps till end of the season, joins Ulster for 16/17 season

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:03 am

Wuss are playing La Rochelle. I'm sure the top 14 will be the priority for them.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:15 am

There are very few matches where I would be prepared to stake money on the English club winning.

Clear Favourites (ie should win):
Quins, Worcester, Gloucester

Marginal Favourites (could lose):
Tigers, Sarries, LI

Marginal Underdogs (could win):
Saints, Exeter, Sale

Clear Underdogs (should lose):
Wasps, Bath, Falcons

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:38 pm

LondonTiger wrote:There are very few matches where I would be prepared to stake money on the English club winning.

Clear Favourites (ie should win):
Quins, Worcester, Gloucester

Marginal Favourites (could lose):
Tigers, Sarries, LI

Marginal Underdogs (could win):
Saints, Exeter, Sale

Clear Underdogs (should lose):
Wasps, Bath, Falcons

Probably have Sale as marginal favourites to be honest. Think they'll be pretty comfortable.

Back to top Go down

Post by HQ matt Tue 10 Nov 2015, 6:43 pm

cant really argue with that LT. A lot of the champ cup games are evenly matched and as such no clear favourites.

band wagon do you expect wasps beat leinster in dublin?

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down