The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe.

+5
nathan
LondonTiger
beshocked
ChequeredJersey
maestegmafia
9 posters

Go down

Select the teams you feel are the toughest opposition.

Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap2%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap1%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap4%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap6%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap1%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap2%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap11%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 12 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap8%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap4%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap0%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap9%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 10 ]
[ 5 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap12%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 14 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap0%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap3%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_lcap3%Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 113

Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Empty Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe.

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:11 pm

I thought it would be interesting to see which teams fans thought were the toughest opposition in Europe.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Empty Re: Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe.

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:14 pm

Should have remembered there were <Insult removed> on this board before attempting to construct anything that might prove interesting... Mods, it really is time for more action...!!!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe. Empty Re: Who are the toughest clubs to play at home or away in Europe.

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:16 pm

Clermont, Sarries, Munster, Leinster, Toulon. IMO
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:34 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Clermont, Sarries, Munster, Leinster, Toulon. IMO
I added Ulster and Glasgow to that List on current form

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:51 pm

Leinster,Munster,Toulon,Clermont,Leicester - probably the 5 toughest home and away fixtures not including my own side.

Biarritz are tough at their home but vulnerable away.

Last edited by beshocked on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:52 pm

beshocked wrote:Biarritz are tough at home but vulnerable away.
historically. But their decline is gaining pace and they look a complete shambles this season. Whoever has them in their group (did they make it to the HEC?) should be licking their lips.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

Londontiger I think they are in the Amlin now.

I agree. Not as strong as they were. Still they managed to get to a HC final not too long ago. I think their home record in the HC is still very strong.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:09 pm

beshocked wrote:Londontiger I think they are in the Amlin now.

I agree. Not as strong as they were. Still they managed to get to a HC final not too long ago. I think their home record in the HC is still very strong.
Similarly maybe Tigers, Munster and Leinster are not the teams they were a few years ago... That said the HEC reputation of those sides adds something magnificent to their image. The psychological factor will always play a part whether a current giant or a recently past one.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:19 pm

Perhaps you are right Maestegmafia.

Still somehow Munster manage to drag themselves into the quarter finals or better even if not as perceived as dangerous as in the past. As you say there is the psychological factor. If you have a losing record against someone it can be tougher to beat them in my opinion.

Obviously the likes of Munster and Leinster have positive records against many sides. This helps them a lot.

Surprised only one vote for the O's. They have a pretty formidable home record in the HC. O's have been a bit unfortunate with tough HC groups which has not helped their case.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:22 pm

beshocked wrote:
Surprised only one vote for the O's. They have a pretty formidable home record in the HC.
I think all Ospreys fans will agree its much better these days being a team that will surprise a few people with an awesome result rather than one the pundits can't understand why they are not finalists.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:28 pm

For me: Clermont, Toulon, Leinster, Munster

But the beauty is that anyone could beat anyone on there day.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:29 pm

Maestegmafia do you really think so? Personally I think it's a shame that you no longer have the full set of galacticos. I know they were overhyped a bit when it came to HC but at international level and in the Pro12 they did very well for you.

Ospreys are in a dangerous loop where they get tough groups so perform poorly, because they perform poorly they get tough groups and so on........

I think you need to look at how to break that cycle. It's baffling that you can supply a lot of the Welsh side yet not perform well enough in the HC.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:37 pm

beshocked wrote:Maestegmafia do you really think so? Personally I think it's a shame that you no longer have the full set of galacticos. I know they were overhyped a bit when it came to HC but at international level and in the Pro12 they did very well for you.

Ospreys are in a dangerous loop where they get tough groups so perform poorly, because they perform poorly they get tough groups and so on........

I think you need to look at how to break that cycle. It's baffling that you can supply a lot of the Welsh side yet not perform well enough in the HC.
Hey I would love to see us have a team with the calibre of those players, I'd love to see all the regions with a budget that was equal to what we were playing with back then, but then I am also happy to see our team with a front five containing four Lions starters and very nearly, our entire team being from the area they play for and able to beat "Galactico" teams like Toulouse at European level while missing three TH props.

AS neither the old Galactico side or the new home grown one have been successful in Europe, I guess i would rather take the later over the former.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:49 pm

Surely the galacticos were home grown?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:54 pm

beshocked wrote:Surely the galacticos were home grown?
A number were many were bought in, the obvious former foreign internationals, Collins, Marshall, Bowe, Tia Tia, as well as lads like Byrne (ex Scarlets), Phillips (Scarlets, Blues).

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 11 Sep 2013, 4:07 pm

Ah I read this as toughest club to play at home, and went directly to find Clermont. They do have an amazing home record, in the SMM they're 60 games (i think?) unbeaten, unreal stuff, even Munster, Leinster, Toulouse, Leicester etc. slip up more often than that.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 11 Sep 2013, 7:08 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Should have remembered there were complete morons on this board before attempting to construct anything that might prove interesting... Mods, it really is time for more action...!!!
What happened mate? I'm guessing a certain someone, who was apparently banned and allowed to return, was involved? PM me if you like.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 11 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm

Going by memory, Leinster probably have the best away record in Europe. It was probably Munster before them. Their home record would be pretty formidable too. I think Clermont probably have the best home record in Europe. Aren't they unbeaten at the Stade Marcel Michilen for a number of years?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:13 am

The Saint wrote:Going by memory, Leinster probably have the best away record in Europe. It was probably Munster before them. Their home record would be pretty formidable too. I think Clermont probably have the best home record in Europe. Aren't they unbeaten at the Stade Marcel Michilen for a number of years?
Depending on what time frame you give. Leinster have only lost 1 away game in Europe since 2010, so I'd imagine that wouldn't be beaten by many.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:24 am

I voted for Edinburgh. Watching them home and away is extremely tough.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:20 pm

Good to see some votes for the Italian and Romanian sides.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down