The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December

+9
thebandwagonsociety
demosthenes
George Carlin
VinceWLB
funnyExiledScot
jimbopip
sensisball
21st Century Schizoid Man
RDW
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December - Page 2 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December

Post by George Carlin Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December - Page 2 Glasgo11                Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December - Page 2 Leinst12
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby
Saturday 5 December 2015
KO: 15:00
Scotstoun Stadium

Live on Sky Sports

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 129th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Lloyd Linton, Dunx McClement (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: Paul Minto (SRU)
TMO: Jim Yuille (SRU)

A. Head to Head

31 Played 31
9 Wins 20
20 Losses 9
2 Draws 2
555 Points 734

B. Form

Sat 6 September 2014
Glasgow Warriors 22 - 20 Leinster Rugby

Fri 27 March 2015
Leinster Rugby 34 - 34 Glasgow Warriors

C. Teams

Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December - Page 2 Jamesm10
[tbc]

Leinster Rugby
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December - Page 2 Domhna10
[tbc]

Last edited by George Carlin on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December

Post by profitius Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:36 am

Better to call it off. The winds aloine would make it scrappy.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December

Post by RDW Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:41 am

Hopefully it can be played tomorrow to avoid an almighty headache for Glasgow having to fit it in when they already have a game with Treviso to fill in (will probably be moved to a European knock out weekend if Glasgow don't make it that far).

On the plus side, if there is no game this weekend is solves one problem - Glasgow will no longer have to rest players over the next 4 games!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:44 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Jags and Sellick games off.   Does not look good for our game as rain back to downpour levels here.   Not much evidence of Leinster lads and lasses in the WE hostelries last night either.

Very disappointed that the game is off. However, the thought of Schiz having to trawl round the hostelries of Glasgow on a Friday night just to check on the well being of visiting fans did make me smile.

P.s. RDW, the Schizoid one uses "hence" quite often. Usually as in, "This is my fifth pint of Deuchars, hence my diction may be slightly impaired."

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:46 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Hopefully it can be played tomorrow to avoid an almighty headache for Glasgow having to fit it in when they already have a game with Treviso to fill in (will probably be moved to a European knock out weekend if Glasgow don't make it that far).

On the plus side, if there is no game this weekend is solves one problem - Glasgow will no longer have to rest players over the next 4 games!

Nope. Leinster have gone back to Dublin.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:51 am

I like to imagine that a night with Jimbo and Schiz on the p!ss ends like James Spader and Wiiliam Shatner at the end of every episode of Boston Legal.

Two elegantly crusty, rich, old soaks sitting on a terrace with a single malt wallowing in bon mots and gently satisfied with a job well done. Surely that must be surgically accurate? Just tell me that it is. I want it to be the case very badly.

Bummer about the game. The fixtures are coiling up like rope on the floor for Glasgow. Means more broken and half fit boys likely to be pressed into action. I don't like it, Captain Mainwaring. I don't like it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:48 pm

George Carlin wrote:I like to imagine that a night with Jimbo and Schiz on the p!ss ends like James Spader and Wiiliam Shatner at the end of every episode of Boston Legal.

Two elegantly crusty, rich, old soaks sitting on a terrace with a single malt wallowing in bon mots and gently satisfied with a job well done. Surely that must be surgically accurate? Just tell me that it is. I want it to be the case very badly.

Bummer about the game. The fixtures are coiling up like rope on the floor for Glasgow. Means more broken and half fit boys likely to be pressed into action. I don't like it, Captain Mainwaring. I don't like it.

Ah George, if only we had been invited to The Wedding Of The Year then you could have joined Schiz and I for a Glasgow version of the Pythons' Three Yorkshiremen on the terrace as the teenagers snogged their way through the last dance (always a moonie).

SCHIZ: Aye ye cannie beat a good peaty, Islay malt.

GC: Aye. Here's tae us. Who's like us? And other shortbread tin mottoes.

Jimbopip: But it wisnae always like this, mind. Ah mind the days a Provvie cheque would barely keep us in Buckie for a week.

SCHIZ: Provvie checque! Provvie cheque! We used to dream about getting them. But you needed a letter box first. You try cutting a letter box into a steel reinforced anti-drug squad front door and then you'll know all about childhood poverty. Fair ruined my nails: next time I'm using a hacksaw.

GC: Door! You had a door? Whit, were you raised in Embra? We just got the social worker and the Tally Man to lie across the threshold then everybody knew where we lived.

Jimbopip: We couldn't let people know where we lived: they would turn us in for the bounty. The number of times my maw would send Weil, my pet rat, down to meet me from nursery with our new address stapled onto his back. They were bad days, but the days she forgot were worse to be honest.

SCHIZ: You were lucky, we weren't allowed to keep rats. Not after "How many vermin can baby Schiz carry in his nappy? " fund raiser went wrong.

GC: Aye , but you try telling these youngsters today about how easy they've got it and they look at you like you want to play Tim Visser at no. 8.

Lights fade to black as the PA plays Deacon Blues' Christmas In Glasgow and a fine aerosol mix of Glenfarclas and Domestos is sprayed.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Well errrm...... yes Jimbo. Exactly what varieties of industrial strength chemicals have you been on (strictly in the pursuit of research) Shocked ? And do remember that GC is from Ayrshire - most of which makes Glasgow look like Shangri La !

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:27 pm

This is very true, Schiz. The Ayrshire part, not the industrial strength chemicals.
Mrs Pip did her teacher training in a primary school in sunny Govan and on her first day asked the Head who the strange men skulking in the stationary cupboard were. " Oh that's just the Drug Squad. They're keeping that close opposite under surveillance, again." The staffroom also received a Christmas card from the local Social Work department since they were in so often they felt like one big team.

She followed that up with a placement in a primary in Ayr. When I enquired as to how the two compared she replied that Ayr made Govan look like Fettes.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:57 pm

Actually I was going to say Ayr is the best bit of Ayrshire - well parts of it ! Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 5 December - Page 2 3754190863

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:13 pm

I like to think I absorbed all aspects of Ayrshire.

Born in Irvine, a fair percentage of which is an enormous toilet where even the cockroaches wear Kappa tracksuit bottoms and carry flick knives. Raised in Troon, which is posher and fresher than Kate Middleton's ladyparts. Holidayed in Arran which would be one of the world's greatest destinations were it not for the midges the size of Volkswagons and the 357 days a year of horizontal rain. And of course, the occasional trip to Burns' place of birth to enjoy a scone the size of my head and watch the mighty mazongas of Milbrae sweep all before them.

A smorgasbord of experience which deserves a tourist information video narrated by Frankie Boyle and directed by Quentin Tarrentino.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Ok Schiz, who's been on the class A hallucinogenics now?

Sometimes being on here is like listening to a debate between Bill McLaren, Cliff Morgan and Donald Macrae (whose Winter Colours is a masterpiece)

but other times it's like being stuck in a lift with Ken Kesey and Hunter S Thompson and a lot of real bad acid. man.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:32 pm

George Carlin wrote:I like to think I absorbed all aspects of Ayrshire.

That must rank alongside foetal alcohol syndrome, passive smoking and congenital syphilis as one of life's unluckier breaks. Unless you like "meeting people of the bus".

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:13 pm

laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:29 am

True story. I set this to record on Sat so I came in and couldn't see any sign of it so I scroll down through my recorded items and see Leinster v Glasgow.

So anyway I'm watching for about half an hour, wondering why Fitzgerald isn't playing and thinking how surprisingly good the weather looks and feeling something is amiss. ... anyway I was enjoying watching how well Ringrose is playing and its a good game so I carry on ...

Then they flash up the latest scores from the other pro12 games and see Ulster are 5 points up against Cardiff and it clicks I'm watching the wrong bloody game!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 am

Had you been on the same chemicals as noted above Rodders ? chin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:48 pm

rodders wrote:True story. I set this to record on Sat so I came in and couldn't see any sign of it so I scroll down through my recorded items and see Leinster v Glasgow.

So anyway I'm watching for about half an hour, wondering why Fitzgerald isn't playing and thinking how surprisingly good the weather looks and feeling something is amiss. ... anyway I was enjoying watching how well Ringrose is playing and its a good game so I carry on ...

Then they flash up the latest scores from the other pro12 games and see Ulster are 5 points up against Cardiff and it clicks I'm watching the wrong bloody game!

Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2