The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joshua Chinned By Mihai Nistor

+9
tunes666
3fingers
AdamT
Baby faced assassin
milkyboy
Mr Bounce
All Time Great
BoxingFan88
hazharrison
13 posters

Go down

Joshua Chinned By Mihai Nistor Empty Joshua Chinned By Mihai Nistor

Post by hazharrison Sat 5 Dec - 7:10

https://youtu.be/wrxF3w_o7LQ

I hadn't seen this before - does this change anyone's opinion of the big man? Does Whyte have a chance?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Joshua Chinned By Mihai Nistor Empty Re: Joshua Chinned By Mihai Nistor

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 5 Dec - 8:57

I think joshua takes those shots pretty well

They look like hayemakers and although he gets hurt he doesn't go down and seems to have the right survival instincts

Is he going to get hit with wild shots like that? I doubt it

Bet if there was a rematch today nistor would be backing up and getting knocked out

Any heavyweight can get hurt it's how you deal with it

Still an interesting watch though

I come away more impressed rather than less impressed though

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sat 5 Dec - 9:13

Very interesting. Obviously the pros are not the same as the amateurs but I don't believe Fury ever got stopped in the amateurs?

Disagree with the comment above though, that shot rocked AJ to his boots. He still looked dazed when shaking hands with the opposite corner.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 5 Dec - 10:01

All Time Great wrote:Very interesting. Obviously the pros are not the same as the amateurs but I don't believe Fury ever got stopped in the amateurs?

Disagree with the comment above though, that shot rocked AJ to his boots. He still looked dazed when shaking hands with the opposite corner.

Yep, disconcerting to see his knees wobbling like that.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Dec - 10:12

hazharrison wrote:
All Time Great wrote:Very interesting. Obviously the pros are not the same as the amateurs but I don't believe Fury ever got stopped in the amateurs?

Its boxing haz, every fighter will get rocked at least once in their career. Do we now consider every every fighter that has ever been rocked is chinny?

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 5 Dec - 12:34

Rocked to his boots and flat out on the floor are two very different things

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 5 Dec - 14:27

sohotnot wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Its boxing haz, every fighter will get rocked at least once in their career. Do we now consider every every fighter that has ever been rocked is chinny?

I'm not suggesting he's chinny but he's being spoken of as, potentially, the next great heavyweight. They don't tend to get that badly hurt with the big gloves on.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 5 Dec - 14:28

I think he stood up to it surprisingly well. Price would've been in Australia by now if Nistor had hit him with that shot.

And let's not forget that this was a number of years ago; Joshua has worked well on his defensive skills. Any heavyweight in the pro ranks with that sort of defence is getting poleaxed.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 5 Dec - 15:36

The sole reason he's fighting whyte is because whyte dropped him in the amateurs. So I'm not sure this tells us anything new... He was just a few years older/more experienced than the teenage novice whyte tagged. He got up and fought back then and took some haymakers from nistor and stayed on his feet. I was pretty vocal that price was an accident waiting to happen from his amateur career, but price was an experienced grown man. Joshua looked guilty of hanging his chin out.. But his whiskers didn't look too bad to me.

That said, like everyone, I'd like to see him chin checked as a pro and particularly I'd like to see how that chiselled physique holds up in later rounds. Let's see if whyte's whiskers are good enough to find out.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 5 Dec - 15:50

He's a heavyweight who was caught flush by another heavyweight, anything can happen

He stayed on his.feet and that's the important thing.

In the HW division anyone has a chance of being sparked out
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 5 Dec - 16:15

It is boxing, but in heavyweight boxing it might only take on shot.

I think AJ is a specimen, but the jury is out until a big man tags him in the pros.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 5 Dec - 16:18

Baby faced assassin wrote:He's a heavyweight who was caught flush by another heavyweight, anything can happen

He stayed on his.feet and that's the important thing.

In the HW division anyone has a chance of being sparked out

...Anyone who's surname isn't chuvalo or McCall

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 5 Dec - 16:33

I really don't think a bullet in the head would drop Mccall. It would take a couple.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Dec - 17:39

milkyboy wrote:The sole reason he's fighting whyte is because whyte dropped him in the amateurs. So I'm not sure this tells us anything new... He was just a few years older/more experienced than the teenage novice whyte tagged. He got up and fought back then and took some haymakers from nistor and stayed on his feet. I was pretty vocal that price was an accident waiting to happen from his amateur career, but price was an experienced grown man. Joshua looked guilty of hanging his chin out.. But his whiskers didn't look too bad to me.

That said, like everyone, I'd like to see him chin checked as a pro and particularly I'd like to see how that chiselled physique holds up in later rounds. Let's see if whyte's whiskers are good enough to find out.

The fight is happening because its now the biggest money fight out there for him realistically. The grudge angle & amateur defeat have been blown out of proportion/hyped to the max.

That is the difference between Price & AJ, being decked in your teens is different to being decked in you 20's.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 5 Dec - 20:15

I think Eddie reads this forum, soho. Wink I picked whyte as an opponent for Joshua last year... Knowing eddie's love of a 'grudge' match. Easy story to sell.

No one had really heard of whyte then and no one would have heard of him now if he hadn't clocked Joshua as an amateur

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 6 Dec - 21:27

hazharrison wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

I'm not suggesting he's chinny but he's being spoken of as, potentially, the next great heavyweight. They don't tend to get that badly hurt with the big gloves on.

It was an absolute Hayemaker. Took it pretty well.

They were same size as pro gloves?

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 7 Dec - 1:50

Was a peach of a shot fight on the chin, so I think anyone would have felt that.... So hard to assess it.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 7 Dec - 9:41

Wow that was a hell of a shot!

Jury is still out, for my mind, Camarrelle was known as a big hitter and he didn't go down under the weight of a number of clean shots in the Olympic final. But that's with pillows & head guards.

Was this fight stopped then?? Didn't look like AJ was given a chance to recover like he would be in the pros.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 7 Dec - 9:51

Maybe Whyte is just the beginning and Hearn is planning for Joshua to rematch every fighter who's ever beat, rocked or emotionally hurt Joshua to show the kids at home that you can beat your demons if you say your prayers, eat your vegetables and take your vitamins
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Dec - 10:28

3fingers wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

It was an absolute Hayemaker. Took it pretty well.

They were same size as pro gloves?

From a quick look 12oz gloves for amateurs above 64kg and 10oz gloves for professionals above welterweight. I must admit a HW in the pros only wearing 10oz did surprise me. Again it was only a quick look with regards to the pros. But for me a full HW hitting you with 12oz you gonna feel it.

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon 7 Dec - 13:46

That's the new glove weights (since the headguards were removed) they used to be 10oz.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon 7 Dec - 13:47

It was with pillows to tophat,  it was with 10oz gloves  (the same as pros). I'm pretty sure I've competed in 8oz gloves as an amateur, albeit a long time ago.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 7 Dec - 13:56

Have to agree with those that say this gives me a better impression of his chin, not worse.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Dec - 14:25

[quote="3fingers"]It was with pillows to tophat,  it was with 10oz gloves  (the same as pros). I'm pretty sure I've competed in 8oz gloves as an amateur, albeit a long time ago.[/quote]

That seems to be the attitude with many on here, especially if they'd never sparred, seemed to think you cant get hurt or wobbled whilst wearing a head guard and your opponent wearing 'pillows'.

What weight did you compete at? the glove weights I googled were for seniors above 64kg, gonna be lighter for under or junior level.

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon 7 Dec - 14:37

That was a typo.. It should have been wasn't with pillows. God knows what I boxed at as a kid. 67kg and 72kg (before it was disbanded) as a senior.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon 7 Dec - 14:41

Glove weights changed when they got rid of head guards. Big lads wear heavier gloves than little lads, which is fair enough. Been k ocked dizzy wearing 16oz and headguard as recent as last month.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Dec - 14:43

TopHat did say Pillows & head guards Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 7 Dec - 14:44

3fingers wrote:That was a typo.. It should have been wasn't with pillows. God knows what I boxed at as a kid. 67kg and 72kg (before it was disbanded) as a senior.

"Where is your other hand ?,"

"Between two pillows"

"They're not pillows! !"...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon 7 Dec - 14:49

3fingers wrote:Glove weights changed when they got rid of head guards. Big lads wear heavier gloves than little lads, which is fair enough. Been knocked dizzy wearing 16oz and headguard as recent as last month.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Dec - 14:59

I was a little surprised the first few times that I sparred with head guard and 'pillows' as the punches had more of a thudding numbing sensation as opposed to hurting me, down to bigger surface area I have been lead to believe. It wasn't hard sparring either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down