The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 15 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat 28 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 15 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by westisbest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 4:53 pm

Absolutely pathetic from Villa.

Players shocking and the manager is a joke to.

Can't see us winning another game this season.

Relegation, been in the top flight since 88/89 season.

Very sad from a fans point of view where we are.

Been coming for a few seasons, never did I think we would be as bad as we are though, half the season gone and one win.

Fkn joke.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 15 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 4:56 pm

I didn't think it could get worse, than losing to a 93rd minute Tom Cleverley goal, but today's performance tops it. Absolutely dire. Steve McClaren please go now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 28 Dec 2015, 4:59 pm

westisbest wrote:Absolutely pathetic from Villa.

Been coming for a few seasons, never did I think we would be as bad as we are though, half the season gone and one win.

Fkn joke.

Heading to a club shop near you

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 15 Aston-villa-e1451123710495

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 5:06 pm

Fernando wrote:
westisbest wrote:Absolutely pathetic from Villa.

Fkn joke.

Heading to a club shop near you

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 15 Aston-villa-e1451123710495

Deserve to get relegated to league 1 and pass the championship.

Got my ticket for Leicester game over Christmas.
Ha, should be fun.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 5:11 pm

John wrote:I didn't think it could get worse, than losing to a 93rd minute Tom Cleverley goal, but today's performance tops it. Absolutely dire. Steve McClaren please go now.

Thanks for the three points, you were pretty awful. Playing Colback & Anita/Tiote as two holding midfielders is ok against top clubs, but not WBA. Anichebe ruined your defence which was embarrassing for you, also Mitrovic doesnt look great, seen him alot this year, misses sitter after sitter, which is costing you dearly. As for McClaren, he's clueless & should probably go ASAP, otherwise you will be following Villa into the championship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 28 Dec 2015, 6:17 pm

Good half from United, should be ahead.

At risk of a red card though, herrera probably going to have to come off.

Referee very poor missing a lot for both sides and buying hazards antics.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 28 Dec 2015, 6:30 pm

Schneiderlin got a yellow for pretty much not being a pansy like Willian.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 28 Dec 2015, 6:41 pm

If anything he was fouled in that exchange.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 28 Dec 2015, 6:50 pm

Told you this referee was shocking.

2 stone wall penalties ignored.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 28 Dec 2015, 6:59 pm

Ref is sh!te for both teams

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:12 pm

Worse for the team denied the 2 penalties clearly.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:17 pm

Someone needs to put Rooney out of his misery

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:19 pm

strange by chelsea they have absolutely nothing to lose yet really negative. they aint moving up the table with draws.

we just cant put the chances away, rooney being most guilty. especially considering hes our "main" striker

yet again we just cant beat any team that puts two banks of four in front of us

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:20 pm

LiamB wrote:Someone needs to put Rooney out of his misery

he's just been given man of the match Shocked Shocked

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:20 pm

Chelsea time wasting against a team that have lost 4 in a row. Embarassing.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:23 pm

Good performance and more effort shown however;

It was against an embarassingly bad and negative chelsea team.

We created very few opportunities.

Our players need practising hitting empty nets from 5 yards.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:24 pm

Ent wrote:Chelsea time wasting against a team that have lost 4 in a row. Embarassing.

I wouldn't say time wasting, pretty sure every team doesn't exactly rush when they are in the lead or heading for what could be considered a good result away from home.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:24 pm

Ent wrote:Good half from United, should be ahead.

At risk of a red card though, herrera probably going to have to come off.

Referee very poor missing a lot for both sides and buying hazards antics.

Hardly antics when at one point near enough every exchange with a player from Utd was a foul on him.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:25 pm

I will personally piggy back Hazard to the airport on January 1st

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:25 pm

i would be really worried if i was a chelsea fan, weve been bad but they are much much worse

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:27 pm

Holymiky wrote:
Ent wrote:Chelsea time wasting against a team that have lost 4 in a row. Embarassing.

I wouldn't say time wasting, pretty sure every team doesn't exactly rush when they are in the lead or heading for what could be considered a good result away from home.

not sure about good result. norwich beat us last game at home. if there is ever a time to win at old trafford its this season. you'll never know now though

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:28 pm

Luckily for Chelsea though, Villa are gone, fat Sam is doing nothing at Sunderland & the wally with the brolly is slowly, but surely, taking Newcastle to the championship.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:28 pm

compelling and rich wrote:i would be really worried if i was a chelsea fan, weve been bad but they are much much worse

The players didn't want Jose and they don't want you to have him either.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:30 pm

I never thought I'd see a worse game than when Schurrle played the false 9 at Old Trafford two years ago.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:34 pm

rooney must have the worse win percentage of any united captain in premiership history

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:35 pm

And?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:37 pm

Obviously we would of wanted to win but just because Man Utd have not won for as many games as they have doesn't mean that we should say that 0-0 is a bad result away from home, i'd rather that than lose..

Nick i understand Hazard hasn't been as good as last season but what happens if he kicks back into form again? Would you suddenly want him back?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:39 pm

no and, just a general thought

always considered it a sad state of the current team that rooney is our best "leader"

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:40 pm

He clearly doesn't have the heart for it. He's barely trying, he looks like he wants to be elsewhere and running into dead ends attempting to look like he wants to win is getting boring, tiresome and I wish he would just Frak off!

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:42 pm

I get the frustration but i feel it's a just a big dip in form, granted we need performances especially now in the position we are in so i am hoping he manages to get form back soon.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:51 pm

If it was just a dip in form he would look like he wants to be better. He would look disappointed with himself and he just doesn't. As it is he is just goes along at a pedestrian pace with very little drive. He goes into areas where he can't have positive effects on starting attacks.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:53 pm

LVG claiming he won't resign & has no intention. Guess it now lies with Woodward/Glazers to show some balls & remove him, before it's too late. All the primary objectives are already slipping away very quickly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:54 pm

Also Chelsea players have no real desire to turn their games around under Hiddink who's there for five months only. It's a pointless appointment

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Dec 2015, 9:07 pm

Giroud's flick for Ozil's goal was exquisite on a another level
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Dec 2015, 10:16 pm

I missed my first game of the season. In fact, I still saw the first 45. We were Poopie. I get home and we've had a comeback! I'm both pleased and annoyed!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 28 Dec 2015, 10:37 pm

Holymiky wrote:

Drawing 0-0 away at utd isn't a good result
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 28 Dec 2015, 10:39 pm

Good win for the yellas, if we can get something against the saints it'll be a very good Christmas period from which we can hopefully kick on
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 28 Dec 2015, 11:05 pm

Olly wrote:
Holymiky wrote:

Drawing 0-0 away at utd isn't a good result

I can understand if you mean currently because yeah Man Utd haven't been doing as well of late hence the calls for Val Gaal to be sacked but if you mean overall then i still think it's a decent result.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Dec 2015, 12:54 am

It's a good result for Chelsea right now. Especially as the chances stacked up and they probably should have lost

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 29 Dec 2015, 9:29 am

Said it for a few years, relegation could be a pretty good thing for Villa. As it stands, they are going nowhere, scrapping for survival every year.

In the Championship, they could shed some highly paid veterans, rebuild a new team around their youth and build some positive momentum. As long as they make the right hire, they should be able to come back up
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 29 Dec 2015, 9:33 am

Been a great season for Leicester, and a sign of how far they've come that a loss at Anfield is a disappointment.

But probably a big day today in terms of their season. Lose at home to a City team that's had issues away from home and they'll drop to 3rd, and within striking distance of a Spurs team that is slowly heating up. Might start looking a bit vulnerable
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Dec 2015, 10:52 am

The way Stoke are playing, I see them as the biggest threat to the current top 4, especially Leicester, if they begin to fall apart.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 29 Dec 2015, 4:00 pm

GSC wrote:Said it for a few years, relegation could be a pretty good thing for Villa. As it stands, they are going nowhere, scrapping for survival every year.

In the Championship, they could shed some highly paid veterans, rebuild a new team around their youth and build some positive momentum. As long as they make the right hire, they should be able to come back up

First off we would need to get rid of Lerner, hope he could find a buyer.
Hopefully would be someone that actually cares, probably not unless he was a local person.

Get rid of the deadwood, which would be a lot.
Like you say give some of the youth guys a chance.
Sign some decent players that could help us come straight back up.

Also Garde has to go, unlikely but am hoping he goes asap and we get someone like Pearson.

Has that experience to rebuild a team and get them up. May actually win a few games this season.

The championship is a very tough league to get out of.

If the above happens could see us reaching the play offs at least.
But wouldnt surprise me if we stay down there for a long time, ala Leeds, Forest, Derby, Sheff Wedd, Blues.

As for the rest of this season a win now is  a bonus.
Sad to say, but going into every game expecting us to lose or draw at best.

Will fight to the end and if/when we are down will be a whole new experience for the fans(of a certain age anyway).

Will be a Villa Park or whatever ground supporting the team as always(despite my anger moaning etc).

VTID.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 29 Dec 2015, 4:21 pm

The Championship is much funner anyway Myst, who needs the PL
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm

Well, tonights game really caught the imagination on here

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Dec 2015, 10:52 pm

BT sports Xmas double bill of United vs Chelsea & Leicester vs City, both ending 0-0 Laugh

Goals have dried up for Vardy, just a question of whether they can get back to the form against the minor sides quickly or whether or not they have hit a wall. Still not convinced a top 4 is in the bag for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 29 Dec 2015, 10:53 pm

Should he really be expected to be banging them in against City?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Dec 2015, 11:10 pm

Well, the City defence is a shambles, so for the reputation he's built himself, then yes. It was just a general statement really, he's only scored 1 goal in five games now too. I'm just saying, that have they hit a wall now or can they quickly get over the disappointment of Liverpool & the dropping of more frequent points & get back to winning ways vs Bournemouth. Once the results start to turn, things don't become so easy, mentally or physically.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 29 Dec 2015, 11:44 pm

Lets be honest, did anyone really expect Vardy to continue being prolific?

Almost wet myself when I saw rumours of City and Chelsea offering 30m
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Dec 2015, 11:53 pm

However, they've played everyone now and remain joint top. Fair play to them, they're living the dream right now

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next